• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Pokemon of Prophecy

So. This is a discussion and sign-up sheet for The Pokemon of Prophecy. The plot is as follows: Five Pokemon were living in a clan. Well, more than five, but we're just focusing on these five. The shaman, a Xatu, stumbled upon a prophecy. The prophecy stated this. One Pokemon would be the hero, another a villain. The other three would try to keep them from tearing the world apart. That is the plot so far. Once we have all five characters, we can start the actual roleplay!
Setting:
There are multiple settings. Where the mains live is a village, set in a forest by a beach(Lively Town, anyone?). There is also a desert which stretches quite a ways, and a ruined temple, where the Pokemon will have to travel to across the desert. This is probably going to be a main plot point.
Bio:
Pokemon Species:
Name:
Shiny?:
Backstory:
Wanted Role:
What we need here is a good description of your character. You need to have good grammar on this part and capitalize! This will determine whether you get in or not.
NOTE: In order to be a part of this roleplay, you must know how to spell properly, how to structure sentences, and have proper punctuation.
A bit about the roles: The hero and the villain are not really a "hero" and a "villain". They are just bent on destroying each other for some reason. The Peacekeepers are the ones who try to stop them, or try to save those affected by them.
Hero: @DJLucario25 with "DJ" the Raichu
Villain: @Generation Sect with "Eli" the Elektross.
Peacekeeper A: @Frisk with "Frisk" the Luxray. Also "Mr. Luxray".
Peacekeeper B: @Icena with "Whista" the Vanillish.
Peacekeeper C:
I will be taking the last available role.

Last edited:
Hello!

Whilst this plot has a lot of ambiguity, I cannot help but be utterly drawn in by it! I hope that I can be part of it, should you have me! I'm new to the website, but have over half a decade's experience in roleplay and writing, so I hope I can really help explore this idea with you. I'll leave a bio below, and if it tickles your fancy I'd be honoured to join.

Character Profile

Pokemon Species: Luxray
Name: Frisk: But often referred to as simply 'Mr. Luxray'.
Shiny: N/A
Personality: It was with insurmountable determination and an unerring love for trouble-making that Frisk came to grow from an unruly shinx to his current self. As a child, Frisk was a keen adventurer, who, despite having an intellectually-sound mind, shyed from the strict atmosphere of schooling in favour of exploring and the delight of freedom. It was because of his boundless energy and avid curiosity that most other young Pokemon avoided the lone Shinx, causing him to feel isolated and socially rejected in his younger years.

Accustomed to being alone, Frisk developed a strong sense of independence and a powerful drive to prove himself, leading to him rigorously train himself until he was powerful enough to evolve and leave his home.

As a fully grown and experienced Luxray, Frisk has matured into a stern yet ultimately wise Pokemon.
Content to quietly observe his clan from a distance, he often keeps himself to himself. He is a calm,
thoughtful Pokemon with a great sense of responsibility, especially protective over the younger members of his clan, and can often be found late at night beneath the stars, offering his quiet company and wisdom to any who might need it.

Wanted Role: I'm happy with any role, but perhaps Peacekeeper will suit Frisk best!

It was the ambiguity that drew me in, honestly! I love that it's very open. I'm very interested to see what other characters we get.

Me too! I'm hoping that they have some sort of experience and don't have one liners and OOC and horrible grammar all over the place. Actually, right now I'm just hoping for people. But you are a great first addition!

Oh, I know that feeling all too well! Especially when you're passionate about an idea, it becomes almost painful when people join who one-line everything or have massive Mary-Sues as their characters. Mary-Sues are a personal gripe of mine, so I hope that my character doesn't come across as one! I was wondering though, in terms of Xatu, would you be the one controlling him? Or will he not be hugely active in the actual roleplay?

I also just realised that you mentioned the setting as possibly 'Lively Town': I'm in love with the newest Mystery Dungeon, and I think that could be a great setting!

Yep! I'm meant like Lively Town, but more like a forest thing. Kinda like Serene Village and Lively Town combined. How far are you(don't worry about spoilers; I completed the game)? To answer your question, Xatu will not be active, only sending them away to the temple thing. My very first roleplay was taken over by Mary-Sues! That's actually why this is "Ask to Join" XD This post is not coherent.

Last edited:
Pokemon Species: Lucario
Name: Breeze
Shiny?: no
Personality: As a riolu I always wanted to get into trouble, but as I got older the clan started depending on me I eventualy took on my roll for the clan and hoped what I was doing would be enogh to help, I had four other friends and we were always there for eachother, I knew that with the help of my friends I could do anything. As I evolved into lucario I realized somethings would change some for good and some for bad.
Wanted Role: Hero

Mmm… try toning it down a bit. The clan does have a leader and the five Pokemon are just random Pokemon that happen to be in a clan. Also, you need to write from third person. Take a look at Frisk's bio.

Oh, I've finished the game three times now so there's no need to worry about spoilers! ^-^; I'm a HUGE Mystery Dungeon Fan and have played each one since I was young on their release days, I actually prefer them over the main Pokemon Series. So yeah, I totally get what you mean about a mixture between Lively and Serene. I can imagine that Frisk would often be in the denser parts of the forest, watching from afar. He's really not the type to go near to the homes or any clearings unless he needs to.

I understand. It's frustrating because some people will take criticism and rejection very harshly, but if you're writing on a open platform you are opening yourself to criticism and feedback. Your writing will only develop if you take on board what others say; and I'm very strongly for the idea that a Roleplay Leader/Creator has every single right to deny somebody based on the quality of their writing, because it can really destroy the experience for everyone else if there's that one person who constantly mispells, or has a character who overruns the RP.

This plot has intrigued me so I decided I should at least try to join.
Pokemon Species: Eelektross
Name: Eli
Shiny?: No
Personality: Can be snarky and rude at times, is eerily calm. Constantly paranoid.
Backstory: As a Tynamo, Eli spent all his time alone and always on the move, going so many places yet never leaving the cave system he called home. Eventually, conflict arose between two leaders and he was forced to leave. It was at this time he realised he had not seen as much of the world as he had thought.

After a long time of this, Eli, then an Eelektrik, had gradually built up a solid distrust for leaders and anyone who deemed themselves above him. Constant clashing of Pokemon leaders taught him his snarky attitude, and his belief that nothing is permanent.
Wanted Role: Villain (Because nothing is more of an antagonist than an Electric type with levitate.)
I hope you liked it.

Pokemon Species: Vanillish
Name: Whista
Shiny?: No
Personality: Whista is very calm and doesn't talk much unless she has something important to say. She's a bit sensitive.
Backstory: When Whista was a Vanillite, she had two friends who she would have fun with. The three of them would get along perfectly, until one day, Whista's two friends started fighting one another. Whista tried her best to unite them again, but it was no use. After a whole year, Whista was finally able to stop their fight once she showed and proved to them that the things they thought they did to each other was actually done by a prankster.
Whista and her two friends agreed to each go in a different clan to make sure something like that wouldn't happen to anyone else.
Wanted Role: Peacemaker

I hope this is good enough.

Last edited:
These characters are looking great, even if they do all seem to be somewhat all a bit lonesome, haha! I just wanted to add into the discussion a personal headcanon I have for Frisk's voice, being that of Patrick Stewart as the Great Prince. He has the same serenity and sterness to his voice that I had in mind when writing up my character, and very much acts like him, too! Enjoy!

Oh boy. Ok @Icena , I will add you. EDIT: I watched. It does seem to fit Frisk the Luxray, based on your description! I might ask the staff for an encounter with Mew if we get that far. Oh, Arceus. Mew. PSMD. NO CHEV WHYY? (don't mind me just ranting about PSMD)

Last edited:
We still need more info! Maybe expand on their backstory. I'll change the part which says cannot include clan. Were they born in the clan? Read the other people's bios in order to get an idea!

Last edited:
Just as a note the "hero" and "villain" are not good or bad. They are neutral and bent on destroying each other, no matter what it takes. Hero and villain is just a wee bit misleading. But I like your bio!

Alright. Here goes.
Name: Blazi (Blah-ZEE)
Pokemon Species: Blaziken
Shiny: no
Personality: Shy when you first meet her but very silly and outgoing when you get to know her. Has a temper
Backstory: When Blazi was a Torchic, she witnessed a great battle between her clan and another, ultimately destroying both clans. This has scarred Blazi and she vowed to let it never happen again. She wandered for a while before joining the roleplay clan. This is when Blazi evolved. In her travels, she met many Pokemon who had suffered the same thing. When Blazi joined the clan, she vowed to never let anything happen to it.