• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Pokemon Island Association.

Shuffling a small deck of cards in her hands as she sat on a white chair, she watched the endless sea as it seemed to grow even more endless by every second she stayed on this boat. As she listened to the soft sound of waves hitting against the boat, a quiet, muffled beating sound filled her ears. She stopped shuffling, turning her head around, she noticed Ruby beating her wings, an uncomfortable expression present on the Scizor’s face as she hunched forward. Kimon frowned, uneasy that the heat had now gotten to the point where Ruby had to beat her wings to stay cool. “Ruby, go sit by Hibiscus in the shade, you’ll feel better there,” she muttered, motioning to a small area where the top deck loomed over the bottom deck, creating a small space of shade where Hibiscus lay curled up with her tail around her, sleeping peacefully. Ruby nodded towards her trainer, and walked over to the shade, sitting down besides Hibiscus as her wings stopped beating at the sudden relief. Nimbus walked up to Kimon’s feet and lay down, his chin resting on his feet as Flint landed on the table next to her, losing his balance before regaining it, annoyed looks stared back at faded brown orbs. Kimon chuckled, “Don’t worry, Nimbus, Flint, we’ll be there soon.” both Pokemon let out a noise of disappointment, but Flint was the one to overreact, falling backward off of the table and onto the wooden floor. A loud thud emitting from the sudden impact, Nimbus winced, while Kimon giggled in pure amusement.

Nearly an hour later, the captain of the boat they were using came out of his nest in the captain’s quarters, a vaporeon wearing a sailors hat and scarf following close by, he called out to her. “Oi, ‘imon! We be ‘rriving soon!” his sudden yell caused the white-haired girl to jolt out of her sleep, she called back to him a sentence of acknowledgment, gazing around, she saw that her team now lay in a heap, all four tired and sleeping peacefully. Standing from her seated position on the chair, she turned around to face the sea, and not too far off, was a beautiful set of islands. From what she could see, there was an island covered in snow with rolling hills and a towering mountain with fern trees scattered around the entirety of it, an island nearby it, seemed to be covered in ruins, dark purple mist rising from it, each ruin was covered in a dark green moss and homed a variety of different building types, ranging from wood to brick. There were plenty more, all with their settings and environments, soon enough she’d be there with her team, a whole new world of wonders opening up as she watched the islands drew closer with every second the boat came closer to this wonderous area far off from civilization. This was P.I.A.

Last edited:
Up in the bright blue skies, a large Corviknight soared majestically through the sky as it's armor like feathers glistened in the sunlight, although what made him stand out from others was Vincent, a very short haired man in a white fur lined coat who rode atop the bird Pokemon's back. Vincent could see the island surrounded by several smaller islands as well as a cruise ship who appeared to head to the same destination as him. "Nice to know we're not the only ones going there, eh pal?" Vincent asked as he gently rubbed the back of Corviknight's neck while the latter let out a squawk in agreement and began to slowly descend towards the island. This made both trainer and Pokemon more and more visible to the people below, while the Corviknight was determined to take his trainer to his destination safely, he knew that Vincent would want to savor his time in the air. Vincent always enjoyed flying on Corviknight's back and tried to get himself a license to do so, as he had a Corviknight of his own, it was way more convenient than looking for an air taxi back in his home region of Galar.

Emma was awoken by the sounds of wingul cawing right next to Eclair's back. The balloon pokemon drifted in the sky towards the islands. "Are we there yet Eclair?" said Emma with a bit of a yawn. "Wiggly," said Eclair releasing as little air as possible. Emma looked down as an island came into view. A little ahead there was a small cruise ship and a corviknight. "Well Eclair, you worried about nothing. Just because we left an hour behind schedule we were on time after all." Eclair shook her head and floated slowly to the small archipelago. "Let's speed up. We don't wanna be the last one there. Use Icy Wind." said Emma as Eclair started to blow a small, cold gust of wind that propelled them forward.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Hey-no-wait-come back here! Auto,speed up!"
At the command, Auto the Golurk sent a blast of fire down his torso and flew faster.
Currently , Ben was SUPPOSED to be on his way to the P.I.A, flying across the ocean thanks to Auto. Unfortunately, during his ride with Auto, Derpird the Cramorant caught sight of a wishiwashi school. Gyarados are known to flee from them, and so logically Derpird flew over and attempted to EAT them. Auto flew behind the bird pokemon, who was hanging on to the wishiwashi's tail, and tried to grab him. Auro the Lucario, who had be riding on Auto's left shoulder, got fed up with this fiasco and jumped on Auto's outstretched arm, gaining the extra reach needed to grab Derpird. Even with Auto's and Auro's herculean strength , Derpird STILL refused to let go. The poor wishiwashi school, now terrified, sped up, stopped abruptly, and whipped its tail forward, sending Ben and his team careening into their destination.
Auto landed first, catching Ben and Auro. Derpird, despite being able to fly, beak-planted into the floor, getting a mouthful of earth...and swallowing it.
Ben sighed as Auto placed him on the floor, and pet Derpird's head.
"Hopefully that satisfied you for now. I'll give you a chance to eat soon. I promise. Oh, and you deserve some rest, Auto." Ben took out his pokeball and returned the behemoth pokemon. He then took a look around.
"I hope this is the right place."

Last edited:

Helios.

Previously RisingGarchomps
A massive ship made of a sturdy steel-like material moved closer and closer towards the islands. It appeared to be some kind of cruise-liner. However, most of the people on board were not going to the P.I.A for a holiday but for work. A tall man in a white lab coat stood hunched over the side of the ship looking down into the water. He repositioned his goggles as he failed to recognise the islands on the horizon. Soon, they appeared all around him. He looked spitefully at an eager Orbeatle who was hovering around making annoying buzzing sounds near his face.

An Oranguru slowly plodded over to the area the scientist had isolated himself in. "Ah, there you are." The man said, the only Pokémon of his he actually liked.

Oranguru made several signs with his hands. By making sign language, the man knew exactly what he was saying. To him it suggested, 'why did we bother going on this ship?'

"We came for the job didn't we? But we've got to get to the island first."

The Oranguru made several signs with its hands, then waved its fan and made a loud 'Ooh'ing sound. The lab coat man interpreted this as a response, 'why are we using a cruise ship?'

"This liner was the only one available. Unfortunately, the others had been fully booked and the Aether Foundation would not lend us a speeder to get here. So yes, we've been downgraded. I know you hate the children and the families on this kinds of transport. I hate them too. But one day they'll all learn, not to mess with the great Professor Orobus!" He laughed.

Orobus's Raichu suddenly ran towards them. In his lost daze he had interacted with several children playing near a pool and had gotten Orobus into trouble earlier in the cruise. "There you are." Orobus said as he appeared. Raichu looked towards the horizon and then down into the twinkling sea. Numerous Wingull and Pellipper flew above the ship and Raichu became distracted by them. He fired a blast of electricity causing them to fly away. Orobus was enraged.

"Stop that!" Raichu immediately listened to him.

In the distance, Mantyke lept out gracefully in the water and a spurt of water on the horizon showed there was a Wailord. "I know you want to surf on the water. You've been having thoughts about it for days. But i'm not allowing you to jump overboard. I've given you my latest discovery to make sure you don't do that. You're not in your Alolan form." Raichu nodded in agreement.

Orbeatle made loud buzzing sounds again. "Calm down! Look, we're almost there!" Orobus pointed towards the islands that surrounded them and the pokemon became silent on queue. "I didn't think we were going to make it! But finally my work can continue here! People won't be making fun of me anymore! My experiments will make me famous! And finally...I will make him proud!" He reached into his pocket. There, he found a portrait of the great Aether Foundation scientist, Faba, who had been branch chief of Alola. He looked at the nicely framed image. For some reason it meant a lot to him. After a few seconds of silence he put it back and looked over towards the islands. They had landed.

Waves lapped around the Transpot Pokemon as a young woman sat upon it's back. Sera decided to have her ride to the island be something from Alola. After all, this was her first time here. She watched her surroundings, looking for any signs of shinies. After all, that was her feild of research. Why and how shinies were different, other than the coloration of course. She sighed, placing a hand on her rented Pokemon's neck and pet the sea blue skin. The Lapras looked back at her gently, giving a trill before refocusing on getting to the islands.
Sera then caught a glint of gold. She perked up and held her hand out in front of the bag. "Camera," she whispered. Shortly afterwards, a blue head stuck out of her bag, and plopped the camera in Sera's hand. "Thanks Lass," she muttered as she readied her camera. Her eyes widened when she found out it really was a shiny. A shiny Magikarp! She snapped a few photos, excited that she finally found a shiny on her way here, as she was actively looking. "Lass," she muttered, "Quickball." The blue head popped out again, giving her trainer a blue Pokball with yellow stripes to make xs on the opposite side of the sphere. Sera tosses it at the Pokemon, but the Quickball never even reached the Magikarp, as the water stopped the Pokeball. It did make a splash, however, and the shiny Magikarp swam away.
Sera held her head in defeat. "Lapras, can we pick up my Quickball?" The Pokemon nodded and swam over, allowing Sera to pick up her favorite type of Pokeball. "Onto P.I.A," she said unenthusiasticly.
Lass poked her head out in worry. The first wild shiny in months, and she wasn't even close to catching it. Maybe her luck would turn around on P.I.A. After all, they were rapidly nearing the islands.

A sigh of desperation left the lips of a young woman, her faded green eyes darting left, right, up, down, as she looked for something. A shiny Lurantis standing beside her, eyes closed as it breathed silently. The woman seemed to be standing at an average height of five/seven. Her eyes a faded green with dark brown, straight hair that reached her ankles. With side-swept bangs dyed a light green. She wore a dark brown turtleneck and a white lab coat covered in pokemon food stains and other dark stains, navy blue shorts reaching her mid-thigh, light green socks reaching her mid-calve, and white mary janes as well covered in unorderly stains. As the pokemon breathed silently, the sudden voice of its trainer interrupted her thoughts. “Orchid look! They’re here!” said Lurantis opened her eyes, two boats came in sight, one small one fairly large, along with two flying pokemon, and a Lapras. The woman squealed in delight, to which Orchid winced at her trainer's loud volume. But apon inspection, she only saw four arriving persons, “Where is the fifth?” she mumbled when a sudden crash a bit far off answered her question. “Orchid go check over there, I’ll stay here to welcome the others.” the woman quickly spoke, concerned of the crashing sound. The lurantis nodded, walking towards the source of the crash, peeking around a tree, the lurantis saw a trainer looking around, walking forward, she examined the trainer. Before recognizing him as one of the people that her trainer had accepted to the islands. She made a bug-like noise, attempting to grab the trainer’s attention.

Kimon poked the edge of Nimbus’s foot with the tip of her shoe, which caused him to jolt up and the pokemon laying on him to fall onto the ground. Ruby made a whining sound as she hit the deck with her pincers in annoyance, Flint continued to sleep, and Hibiscus squealed in surprise and ran up to Nimbus, cowering under his stomach as he shook his head rapidly, attempting to regain his senses. Sighing with an amused smile on her pale face, Kimon mumbled. “Guys, we’re here.” The boat had officially docked at the middle island and Kimon was already getting tired. Nimbus hit Flint in the face with his paw, waking him up as Ruby stood up, her wings beating in the still merciless heat. With her team awake and perfectly annoyed, she and her group of sleepy pokemon stepped off of the bottom deck and onto a dark brown wooden docking station as the captain of the boat they were riding nodded towards them, returning to the boat once all five of them were off. Kimon walked from the deck to the solid ground of the middle island, her legs suddenly feeling like jelly as she mumbled, “It’s alright everyone, this island won’t bite.” her team made a few noises in denial, but they listened to their trainer and made it to the solid ground. Turning around, Kimon looked for the small clearing, mumbling one sentence a few times. “Small clearing, south end of the island.” knowing Flint was too sleepy to fly up and look for the clearing, she began walking forwards, her pokemon following close behind, one, in particular, laying on Nimbus's back with his wings wrapped around his body as he slept soundly, the pokemon beneath him crouching under the weight.

Last edited:
As Corviknight neared the island, Vincent pointed out what looked like an individual in a lab coat seemed to stand on the island, Vincent figured this was whom he would have to meet once he landed, and if not he could always ask them. "Look out below!" Vincent called to the lady as Corviknight flapped his wings as he hovered downward, the flap alone was enough to create small gusts of wind a lot like that of a landing helicopter. Once Corviknight landed safely on the ground, he crouched down to make it easier for Vincent to get off. "Thank you so much for flying us here, Corviknight. You were spectacular." Vincent said in a gentle tone as he lightly hugged Corviknight and stroked the back of his neck, Corviknight took the embrace happily and it was clear he looked tired after a long flight. "You go ahead and take a good rest, first chance we get, I'll make sure to treat you to something tasty." Vincent said as he got a Poke ball out of his jacket and pointed it at Corviknight.

A crimson beam shot from the Poke ball and hit the Corviknight who changed to the exact same color before he vanished in to the spherical device. Once returned, Vincent leaned backwards to straighten his back and sighed. "There we go." He said before he turned his head to the lady in the lab coat. "Hi there ma'am, is this island the so called P.I.A I heard so much about and wanted to join." Vincent asked in a semi-joking tone of voice with his hands in his coat pockets.

"Aah, Matcha go!" said Ema while plummeting into her island destination. An Ivysaur popped out of the pokeball and instinctively used vine whip to catch the falling girl. Matcha slowly lowered Emma down safely onto the ground and Eclair the Wigglytuff slowed down right behind her. "Wiggly, Tuff Tuff!" yelled the Wigglytuff as she started to scold Emma. "I'm sorry Eclair there was just a really cool wishiwashi school. I wanted to get a closer look, and I lost my grip. Sorry" she said apologetically to the otherly Wigglytuff. "Tuff tuff" she said with a sigh and a shake of the head. Matcha the Ivysaur was still scared of the sudden rescue. "Thank you so much Matcha, but back in the ball" "Saur saur" she said as she went back into her great ball while the wigglytuff floated next to her. "Excuse me ma'am, is this the Pokemon Island Association, I signed up for a job here," said Emma to a woman in a lab coat.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben's thinking was cut short by a cry not far away. He turned to see a Lurantis looking at him.
"Oh! Hi there! What's up?" Ben grinned before walking toward the Lurantis. Auro followed, holding Derpid under his arm and holding his beak shut with his paw to prevent him from flying over and attempting to eat the Lurantis, his go-to when meeting someone new.
Once he made it to the grass-type, Auro made a noise, causing Ben to turn. "Sup?"
Auro took his paw off Derpird beak. The bird squawked once, but remained still, not looking at all bothered. Auro put his paw on Ben's head, and spoke to him through Aura.
After a second of this, Auro took his paw off, and Ben's eyed glinted with understanding.
"Ohhh okay. So this really is the place!" he faced the Lurantis, still grinning. "And you're gonna take us there right? Lead the way!"

As the Corviknight landed in the clearing, she held her hair tightly to ensure it from blowing in the wind. And at the sight of the trainer, she grinned widely, running up to him. "Yes yes! This is it! My name is President Reena of the Pokemon Island Association, it's an honor to meet you! You're Vincent correct?" she exclaimed, but quickly continued talking, not giving the male a chance to answer, "I do believe we have four more people to wait for. So it shouldn't be long until the others come!" She smiled widely and waited for his response, but the sudden question of a female voice interrupted. Just as quick as he had run towards Vincent, she ran towards the female and greeted her. "Ah hello! You're Emma correct? It's wonderful to meet you! You're the second to be here! Meaning we only have to wait for four more. Ben. Kimon, Sera, & Orobus I believe. Ah! I'm so excited!" she was about to continue her rant before a monotone voice stopped her. "Reena, please refrain from ranting on to our guests, they barely have had a chance to reply to your questions." Reena turned around to the voice and sheepishly rubbed her neck, replying with a quiet, "Sorry Elizabeth, I got excited." Sighing, Elizabeth walked forward and explained herself to the employees, "Apologies for my sister's actions, I am Vice President Elizabeth. It's nice to meet you." Elizabeth seemed to stand a few inches shorter than her sister with a more hunched posture with the same skin tone and hair color. But her hair reached her chin and was curly. She wore a navy blue mid-thigh length dress with puffed, translucent sleeves that reached her elbows, stained brown knee-length boots, and a knee-length sleeveless lab-coat. A sudden rustling behind the group of people caused Reena to turn around, the sight of Orchid coming through the woods with a trainer and a few pokemon behind the trainer. "Ah, looks like another trainer has arrived," stated Elizabeth walking up to the trainer and shaking his hand. "Welcome, I am Vice President Elizabeth of The Pokemon Island Association." she calmly explained as she drew her hand back. She walked back to the middle of the clearing, listening for any signs of other trainers. While doing such, Reena waved towards the newcomer. "Hey! You're Ben, right? The pokemon ranger? I'm President Reena, nice to meet you!" to prevent her from ranting, Orchid nudged her with her arm, eyes drilling holes into her head. Another rhythm of rustling filled the clearing as a white-haired girl peeked around a tree. Sighing in relief as she stepped out. "Hey! My name is Kimon. This is the meeting clearing correct?" she mumbled, looking around the clearing before turning around, "Alright everyone, you can come out now." coming out of the woods behind her, came a Luxray carrying a Gliscor on his back, a Scizor beating her wings rapidly, and a smaller then average Leafeon walking slowly behind. Elizabeth nodded towards the girl. "Yes, this is it. Welcome to P.I.A."

Helios.

The large cruise ship docked at the nearest port on the middle island of the P.I.A as a large Sealeo made a loud wailing noise on one of the rocks in the sea to signal their arrival. The fresh air swept the area as the hatches were pulled down and a large horde of people rushed out onto the island.

"Why, what's gotten into people these days?" Orobus said to himself. "So eager, yet so rude!" His enthusiasm to get going was equal to theirs, but he was less energetic and was more careful when he walked out of the ship.

He returned Orbeatle to its poke ball, which took some time because the Pokémon want to fly around Orobus at all times. The next Pokémon was Raichu, who was extremely disobedient. That Pokémon frustrated him. The final Pokémon was his beloved Oranguru. Quite frankly, in his view, this was the only Pokémon he needed. Oranguru was the only Pokémon who truly understood Orobus's lifestyle, what he wanted and, more importantly, what he didn't want, in this case annoying Pokemon dragging him down. Oranguru would do whatever Orobus asked without question. Oranguru obeyed as he was sent back into his Poke ball.

Orobus judged the feel of the weather. He could have taken a ride over to the P.I.A using his Flygon, quite the wildcard Pokemon he thought as it was strong and fast. However, it too had its problems. Forgetting its tendency to be disobedient to be like the others (bar Oranguru) its wings had been broken in a recent fight. He remembered the day it happened like it was yesterday. Orobus was riding his Flygon like how he did normally. An annoying set of trainers had broken into his lab and stolen an essential piece of machinery Orobus needed for one of his 'experiments'. Furious, he went after them. On his Flygon, he managed to catch two of the thugs. Orobus thought, what was the team they were part of again? Was it Team Skull? No, that was a team he had encountered in Alola. This was Team Yell. He caught only two of the punks when they confessed they were trying to disrupt his 'experiments'. The next day he would go after the one who had ordered them to do this, but only after realising they had stolen essential chemicals from his lab too. Luckily, he got them back, but he wouldn't have been able to do it without Flygon. In this regard, he appreciated the Pokémon. However, he soon scolded it after he realised it had broken its wings during a fight with gigantic poison type pokemon. That incident had been almost a year ago. However, the Flygon was still wounded and unable to fly, at least not long distances like this. He could use it for a few miles before it could stop. No, Orobus thought. Flygon would have not been suitable to fly him over here.

With everybody in their poke balls, Orobus marched along. However, he looked back in shock when he realised he had forgotten one more pokemon. He looked out to sea. Suddenly, a Pokémon flew itself into the air. It wasn't as graceful as a Mantyke. It wasn't as beautiful as a a Gorebyss or a Lumineon or even a Goldeen. With it's pink colour and horrifying bloodshot eyes and large lips he terrified local swimmers in the area out of the water.

"Bruxish! There you are, you rascal!" Orobus shouted. He lifted his poke ball up and the fish Pokémon was returned to his Poke Ball. Orobus had forgotten about that one, which he had let roam free during the cruise ship ride.

He sighed and continued on forward. With his high IQ and intellect, he was able to locate where President Reena and her sister might be. He had a tablet in his hands with the letter scanned in in front of him. He read the line again about the 'small clearing on the south end of the island' and continued towards it.

As Orobus approached Reena, he felt horrified that there were several people already there from the group ready. Orobus was always very punctual and himself was extremely confident that he would be the first or second person there, but alas, this was not meant to be. As a result, Orobus appeared very red in the face with his eyebrows dropped into an angry looking expression as he stomped towards Reena.

Emma was a little bit startled by the sudden barrage of questions until Reena was cut off by a person who seemed to be her sister. "It's no problem at all, It's not my place to judge someone for being to excited" she said with a little nervous nervous laugh as Eclair stared at her with a sigh. "Also Yes, I am Emma, and I glad we're at the right place. I did lose the map right before I left and Eclair got mad at me," said Emma as the Wigglytuff behind her gave her a dissatisfied look. She noticed two more people came and Kimon's Luxray immediately caught her atttention. "Wow, your Luxray looks so cool. Can I pet it?"

Turning towards the voice, Kimon's lips pursed for a moment before she looked down to Nimbus, who looked up to her and nodded, mainly because of the pokemon on his back that was mercilessly crushing his spine. Looking up and making eye contact with the speaker, she smiled and replied with a mumble, "Of course! Nimbus doesn't mind, just give me a second to deal with... him." she motioned towards Flint, who continued to sleep apon Nimbus's back. Crouching down a bit, she wrapped her arms around Flint's underside and pulled, for a few seconds, the pokemon wouldn't budge, much to her dismay, her lack of strength wasn't very helpful. But eventually, she pulled off the Gliscor and struggled to hold him as he still, slept as soundly as Kimon set him on the ground, and as soon as the pokemon realized he was suddenly uncomfortable, the pokemon bolted out of his sleep and looked left and right, clearly confused. Nimbus nodded towards Kimon in thanks before walking up the girl who had asked to pet him, sitting down and tilting his head towards her. Reena, who had been watching the scene unfold in front of her, giggled until she noticed a figure approaching her. Turning around, she smiled widely at the male who had approached her, recognizing him as Orobus, an applicator who truly impressed her with his skills in writing and his love for pokemon and dedication to them as well. "Ah! Orobus correct? Welcome welcome! It's wonderful to finally meet you in person!" she exclaimed as she waved towards him, and almost as quickly as Reena had introduced herself, Elizabeth walked towards the two, despite her sister being over the moon excited about Orobus joining P.I.A, Elizabeth had been quite skeptical of the male, as she had done plenty of research on each applicator, but despite her worries of him, Reena still accepted him. "Ahem, hello Orobus, welcome to P.I.A, Reena, please come with me, there is only one more person left to wait and I would like to discuss with you about the tour." she gently grasped her sister's wrist and before turning around and walking to the middle of the clearing, she gave Orobus a fairly noticeable glare. Reena had always been a gullible woman, and it seemed as if it was always up to Elizabeth to keep Reena from getting herself in a sticky situation. Instead of coming up with a lie for her sister, once she arrived in the middle of the clearing, she stayed silent, looking off into the distance. Knowing full-well if she commented on the situation, the latter would get frustrated, Reena stayed silent as she watched the applicators closely and look for any signs of the final applicant.

Helios.

As Orobus rushed to the scene he halted in front of them, overwhelmed by the amount of people there. This wasn't right. He had specifically dashed out on an 'early' ship to the P.I.A so he could avoid an embarrassment. It was obvious he wasn't good with people. But then again, he wasn't THAT good with Pokémon either. The redness of his face dissipated as soon as Reena started talking. She was kind and understanding towards him. That was a positive thing for the time being but maybe she would be too defensive of the Pokémon on the island for him to carry out his true purpose. He sensed an air of suspicion from Elizabeth, Orobus puzzled quite as to what her reason for being there was in reality.

"I uh..." He was overwhelmed by Reena's words. Then he snapped. His inner businessman came back to him, a technique he had learnt when he was working for the Aether Foundation. "Ah yes, President Reena! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance!" He held out his arm towards Reena to show him his firm hand. He assumed she would want a handshake from him as a greeting. That's what sophisticated people did, he thought. Orobus's hand was covered with a clean, white glove with no stains on it. He had cleaned it hours prior with bleach awaiting for this one moment.

"I am honoured to be here in your presence. I have read much about you. I hope to be much use to you with my research!" He smiled at her, for the first time with warmth.

As he saw her being pulled along by Elizabeth, that warmth died suddenly away. Orobus stared at the glaring Elizabeth as if she was a cunning Sandaconda in the wild facing an equally cunning Arbok. He took somehow some offense from her actions, behaviour and words. She seemed like she was going to truly be a rival for him. When he saw Elizabeth pulling the President, all Orobus could do was step closer towards Reena with big strides and present his greasy glove covered hand again for a handshake.

Orobus glared back at Elizabeth. He said something which implied she had been the proprietor, despite Reena addressing him the same way first. He said it as he stared into her eyes. "And it's Professor Orobus, or Branch Chief if you've been to Galar."

Last edited:
Sera narrowed her eyes to see the beach more clearly. "Lass, binoculars, please." Sera held her hand out expectantly as the purple female Nidoran grabbed the item and handed it to her. Looking through the binoculars, Sera saw that she was the last one. She gave a sigh. "Lapras, can you please go faster?" The Lapras gave a squeal and swam even faster, gliding ontop the water. In no time, Sera and Lass made it to the shore. Sera pushed herself off of Lapras, her legs wobbly due to the long journey. "Thank you Lapras." Sera pulled her wallet out of her coat's pocket and fished five Pokedollars and placed them in a brown pouch around Lapras's neck before securing the pouch close. "Better return to the Pokemon renter." Lapras nodded and gave a squeal before leaving.

Sera took in a deep breath before letting it out. As long as the others didn't find out what she was there for, she should be fine. Lass stuck her head out of the bag, feeling the worry from her friend, and nuzzled Sera's hand. Sera, in her past, was mocked for her choice of study, being told it wasn't worth it, so she liked to keep it under wraps. After all, shinies were still a mystery to many. She walked up to three people, one man greeting two women. She overheard him correcting his title, which made her frown. She definitely wouldn't have handled it that way. Instead, she would've used a more respectful tone. After all, it might've been a mistake or ignorance. She sighed and waited patiently to be greeted by the two, one of which she presumed to be the professor who hired her.

Elizabeth raised an irritated brow at the male's persistence. But as she grazed her fingers over an ultra ball in her pocket and prepared to reply, Reena spoke, "I apologize for my sister's behavior Proffesser Orobus, and I ask that you do not fret over it and welcome to P.I.A! We are honored to have you here." as she spoke, she shook his hand politely and smiled as Elizabeth sighed, pulling her hand out of her pocket. "Axis will have to wait..." she thought silently as she stared at Orobus. Apon seeing a girl approach her, Reena smiled wide, recognizing her immediately, and as such, Orchid opened her green eyes and stepped closer as well. "Ah! Hello! You must be Sera correct? It's wonderful to meet you! Welcome to P.I.A!" she smiled widely towards the newcomer as Elizabeth meekly nodded towards the girl. Orchid looked around, eyes glancing over each person present in the clearing before stepping beside Reena and making a bug-like noise, nudging her with her large green claw. "Hm? Oh! Yes, Orchid?" The Lurantis nodded towards each person before turning back to Reena, whose eyes widened at her acknowledgment. "Oh! Everyone's here Elizabeth!" stated Reena as she turned towards her sister, who's eyes brightened at her statement. "I'll go prepare the main house, you begin the tour alright?" she nudged her sister's side with her elbow before grabbing a Pokeball out of her pocket and pointing it at Orchid, who closed her eyes and turned a bright red as a beam of light the same color hit her, and soon enough, she was inside the small device and Reena was on her way to the main house. Clearing her throat, Elizabeth began to speak. "Now that all five of you have arrived, I ask that you follow me to the main laboratory. Follow close behind and be sure to be respectful of working employees and pokemon as we make our way there. It won't take long, but the sun will begin to set apon arrival." Elizabeth explained as she motioned for the five to follow her as she began walking down a path that leads into the forest. Kimon looked over to where Nimbus went and whistled a bit quietly, and the pokemon padded over, nuzzling her side as they began to walk. Flint now glided in the air besides Ruby, who held a napping Hibiscus in her arms as she swatted him away with a free pincer when he tried to wake the grass-type in her arms. To which his efforts remained fruitless.

Last edited:

Helios.

Orobus briefly smiled at Reena before frowning as he looked back at the other four trainers there for the P.I.A. "These are the others you chose?" He was amazed. There were not like him, none of the inquisitive type, none that yearned for the thrill of an experiment. They were amateurs compared to him. He could see that they preferred to show off skill through Pokémon battles, contests, helping others out physically, things Orobus had no time for and therefore he saw them with their Pokémon as obsolete. Life was about science for him. He had certainly judged these young trainers quite fast just by looking at them. He may have gotten them wrong but his experience with meeting trainers at the Aether Foundation showed him it was a waste of time engaging with the budding minds of this class of people. He saw himself as more superior anyway.

He walked speedily towards the front of the line as they were being led by Elizabeth. His dull, unpleasant attitude towards his newly found rival swiftly changed when Elizabeth mentioned the word 'laboratory'.

"You have a laboratory too?" Professor Orobus asked with curiosity. Maybe he had gotten Elizabeth wrong. "What kind of experiments do you have waiting for us?!"

And at that point, Orobus's Oranguru jumped out of his poke ball to lurk next to Orobus and give him any advice should he slip up when speaking to Elizabeth and the others. He started to take interest in the other Pokémon.

"Wow, Nimbus is his name? That's so cool," said Emma as she pet the Luxray's head and his back. Eclair noticed that Vice President Elizabeth was starting to lead everyone else on a tour "Wiggly" said Eclair trying to tell Emma but Emma was too enamored by the fluffiness of Nimbus. "Tuff Tuff" said Eclair as she started to drag her away by Emma's jacket."C'mon Eclair, it's so fluffy" whined Emma as Eclai dagger Emma off. "Wiggly!" "Ok, ok time and a place." said Emma as she stood up and followed the line of trainers with Eclair floating right behind her.

As Elizabeth listened to the male's words, she scoffed and shook her head. "Why would we, an association that was created to PROTECT the unfortunate pokemon lost from the mainland, conduct such things that could potentially cause harm, to our employees and pokemon." she decided to leave it simple, not wanting to converse with him any longer than she already had to. The forest began getting thicker and thicker as they walked, it had come to a point where Elizabeth thought she may have to pick a different route to get to the main laboratory. But the tall grass and overgrown trees soon subsided, and the group had once again arrived in a small clearing where various employees of the association tended to various pokemon, but once the few pokemon sighted the group of unknown people, they bolted from the employe's arms and ran into the forest, the employees quickly following after. Sighing and halting to an abrupt stop and turning towards the group and explained the pokemon's actions, "I apologize, due to your sudden appearance, most of the pokemon on this island will take their time to get used to you." apon finishing her words, she turned back around and continued walking. Just like the latter had said, the pokemon that caught sight of the five applicants disappeared into the woods. As they walked, Elizabeth explained each Island and their specialist. "As you know, we have 8 other islands surrounding us, each island is watched over by one, or two persons depending on their size. The bigger islands will have two specialists, while the smaller islands have just one. The fairy Island has two specialists, Normal island one, Ghost one, Dragon two, Electric one, Rock one, Water one, and last but not least Ice with two specialists. These specialists will assign you your specific jobs on the islands, they contact us first and tell us how many people they need for the job. Then, we send off the correct amount of people to the island that requested assistance. Any questions?" she finished with a question, silence filling the air soon afterward. Kimon spoke up, but her raspy voice and mumbly volume could barely make it to up where Elizabeth walked, "Will our teams be allowed to accompany us? Or will we have to return them during our jobs?" Elizabeth replied short after, "That depends on the specialist's requirements. Anyone else?" she asked, making sure if anyone else had any more questions before she announced their soon arrival to the main laboratory.

Vincent was mostly silent throughout the stroll with the rest of the other individuals, near indifferent to the environment around him, but he gave several of the local Pokemon a friendly smile before he watched them flee only to be followed by the employees. When everyone came to a stop, Vincent listened carefully about the explanation of the other islands and the specialists who oversee them along with asking for any questions, it was here that he finally spoke. "Is catching Pokemon within any of the islands permitted? And how often will it be for us to run in to any aggressive or violent Pokemon during assignments?" Vincent asked in a calm tone of voice.

Helios.

"So you have spi- I mean friends on other islands?" Orobus thought. "Reminds me of the Trial Captains and Kahunas we had in Alola." He chuckled. "Will it be a requirement to defeat them here too?!" He joked.

Nearby, Oranguru made several signals with his hands with one completely flat out in a sawing maneovre next to his neck indicating he was trying to say "Cut it off with that crap".

He thought about the 'specialists requirements'.

"They won't force us to do things we don't want to do, will they?" He asked. Surely he wouldn't have to partake in any of the things they wanted. He just wanted to experiment on fresh specimens in the wild. He'd have to do a runner if this was the case.

Oranguru did the hand gestures again, the same as before. He wanted to tell Orobus clearly that he was doing something wrong. Orobus's face was red and he looked at the Orangutan Pokémon with anger and hidden discomfort.

Last edited:
Emma listened closely to Elizabeths's explanation of the island. "Wow, I just wanted to get this job for medical school but jeez this place looks amazing." she thought. Emma raised her hand for Elizabeth "If it's okay I have a question too. What kind of jobs will we do? I know it will vary from specialist to specialist but what are some examples?"

Sera followed and listened, finding the returned Lurantis interesting and the guy known as Orobus annoying. She was quiet, not wanting to bog Elizabeth with too many questions, like she usually does. However, she quietly asked for the Alola field guide from Lass, who gave the book quickly. After flipping to the Luramtis page, she noticed it was colored differently. Excitement bubbled in the young researcher as she finally burst with every single one of her questions. "Was that Lurantis a shiny? In the feild guide, they're colored differently. Will I be able to keep Lass out of her Pokeball with me? She is my assistant and my emotional support Pokemon. Kinda. Not officially licensed, but still! Are there any wild shinies here and can I observe them from a distance? I personally am trying to figure out why shinies have a color dimorphism. You know, does it help them survive of something? That sort of question. Oh! Oh! And do we all have to stay together as a group or can we split up?" Sera then gave some nervous laughter after her barrage of questions and her reveal of what she personally does. Lass stuck her purple head out and took the field guide back before nuzzling Sera's arm.

Elizabeth listened closely to each question and thought carefully about each for a few minutes. Before she cleared her throat and looked over to Vincent, as he had spoken after Kimon.
“Any pokemon on any of the surrounding islands are permitted to be caught. But, pokemon on this specific island is forbidden to catch due to their specific needs and past histories with humans. And as for your second question, Vincent, most pokemon on the islands are fairly docile and won’t attack unless they see necessary. However, on the larger islands, there are pokemon who attack trainers purely for their enjoyment, another reason why the island has an extra specialist. But for the most part, the pokemon of P.I.A are docile and compliant.”
She nodded towards him in acknowledgment of her finished explanation and turned her attentions towards Orobus, fighting the urge to ignore his questions, she knew she had to answer them, no matter how much she disliked him. “No, it is not required to defeat them. But most of our specialists have either love for battling and frequently ask their helpers to battle, or battle for pride and will battle for mere power. But if you are asked to battle, you may refuse if you wish. And no they won’t, but you must comply with at least three assignments a day to continue working here. We don’t just give out free money Proffesser Orobus.” She explained, her brain screaming to not address him as Professor, but she knew better. It was for the sake of her sister, and P.I.A’s reputation. Apon answering his questions, she made eye contact with Emma to answer her question. “For the smaller islands, the most common assigned jobs are assisting in feeding the pokemon and healing injuries. The bigger islands will mostly be watching over the pokemon and making sure no fights break out. And like you said, it all varies depending on which island you are on and the specialist of said island.” She nodded towards Emma before turning her attention to Sera, who had spoken last, she raised a brow and chuckled at the girl’s enthusiasm. It was very similar to her sister's excitement for pokemon. “Well, my sister’s Lurantis is shiny. She protected it when she was little from corrupted pokemon breeders and ever since then the two have stuck together like glue. And as for your other questions, I, unfortunately, don’t know the species or size of your… Lass. So it depends. But the answer is most likely yes. And as for your shiny researching, we have a small area on this island where we have two or three shinies that stay together, though you’ll need special permission from Reena to watch them, as out of all of the pokemon on this island, they have suffered most.” She hesitated after she spoke, her green eyes narrowing as she chewed the inside of her cheek. Taking a deep breath, she looked up from the ground and smiled lightly at the group, before speaking once again. “I’m afraid we’ll have to cut the tour short, the sun has begun to set and I do not wish to disrupt our employees sleep in the main laboratory. Now, please follow me to the main house. My sister is waiting for us.” She motioned for the group to follow her through the brush, and as Kimon followed, she watched as a dark logged building came into view. It had a white roof with a small chimney emitting smoke. The sky had begun to turn a dingy orange and there were no pokemon in sight, presumably sleeping. Taking a small box out of her pocket, she pulled out her deck of cards from the plain white box and began mindlessly shuffling them, Nimbus watching each movement carefully, prepared to catch any cards that fell in his mouth.

"That's where we're staying? It looks sweet!" she said as she walked with everyone to the dark-colored log cabin. Emma looked up and noticed it was already almost sundown. "Oh, it's time to feed Vanilla!" she said as Emma fished through her bag for a Netball. "Eclair, 'mind grabbing the bottle in my bag?" "Foom-tah,"said Eclair as she reached into Emma's bag and pulled out a bottle as Emma pulled out her ball. "Vanilla, feeding time" she said with a little jingle in her tone. She pressed on the Pokeball button and a venipede popped out of the turquoise-colored Pokeball and into Emma's arms. "Pede pede pe-"said the slightly fussy Venipede before the bug bit down on the bottle and started to drink. "Sorry for feeding you late, as Eclair can attest, I've been a bit off schedule today" "pedi-pede" she said right before getting back to her bottle

Vincent let out a whistle in amazement to see the cabin he and his would be co workers were to stay in, he always admired the classic look to houses with a look as if they were a part of the very environment. He turned his head over to see Emma and smiled as he watched her feed her Pokemon, he moved to a more open area and went to get out six Poke balls and let them open one by one, each one let out a member of his Pokemon team. The first Pokemon was the Corviknight he rode in on, still somewhat tired after the flight, Vincent could hardly blame him, the second Pokemon was Obstagoon who curiously looked around before he gave a grin to the other individuals, the third Pokemon was Coalossal who stretched his arms out and gave a short wave to Vincent who waved back in response before he realized how late it was, the fourth Pokemon was an Amped Toxtricity who emerged with a guitar like strum of his chest hairs, Vincent knew Toxtricity loved to make an entrance where he could, the fifth Pokemon was a Dragapult who simply floated around while her Dreepys immediately flew to nuzzle Vincent, the sixth and most valued Pokemon of Vincent's team was Rillaboom who stretched her arms out and clicked her bones before she smiled at Vincent and noticed the other people on the island with him.

Rillaboom walked over to Vincent and began to make gestures with her hands with a curious look on her face, Vincent smiled and nodded. "Yes Rillaboom, these people are here for similar reasons to our own." Vincent said. "So I want you all to get along with them." He said slightly louder for the rest of his team to hear, most of them nodded while Obstagoon and Toxtricity simply shrugged, Dragapult's Dreepys on the other hand began to curiously fly around the other individuals, either to say hello or get a good look to see if they were trustworthy.

As they drew closer to the building, Reena called out to them with an enthusiastic yet curious tone, "Hey everyone! You're here early, everything alright?" she asked her sister once she was in earshot. To which Elizabeth replied with a blank face, "It's getting a bit late Reena. The rest of the employees are already asleep and I thought it would be useless if we interrupted their rest." Reena pursed her lips for a second, before smiling once more, "Why don't you go inside and help Daisy set up the dining table? I'll show them the living area while you're at it." without a word, Elizabeth nodded her response and walked towards the large logged house, opening a white door with clear mosaic glass patterns on the top and entering, the door slamming behind her, though it was difficult to tell if it was intentional or not. As they arrived at the logged house, Kimon glanced curiously at VIncent's team as he let them out, she had never seen pokemon from Galar before, only ever seeing pictures of the region itself, so she was fairly intrigued by the pokemon on his team. Reena smiled towards the group and waved them over towards the door, opening it for them to go through. The inside of the house was clean and warming. The entryway was small, with a coat rack and storage cabinets. The entrance led to an open living area with about three sofa's and two regular chairs spread around in a circle with a dark brown wooden coffee table in the middle, to the left, was a staircase presumably leading to the second floor. An open doorway to the north of the living area seemed to lead to the dining area, where a short girl with curly brown hair and bright blue eyes helped Elizabeth place plates and whatnot across a long, white table with a glass top. After everyone was inside, Reena walked in front of the group and raised her arms in a showing-off manner. "This is the living area, please have a seat while I and Elizabeth prepare dinner, feel free to converse among yourselves!" she smiled at the group and walked through the open doorway, disappearing around the corner. Apon entering the house, Flint, Ruby, Nimbus, & Hibiscus had already isolated themselves in a corner. Luckily, the living area was fairly large, making pokemon size irrelevant. Sighing, she knew she wouldn't be able to get her team to converse with others, and so, she walked into the circle of sofas and sat down on one that was a bit closer to the corner her team was in. She continued shuffling the cars before she placed them on the coffee table that was surprisingly big enough for all of the sofa's to reach. "Anybody play cards?" she stated bluntly, knowing her team was too distracted isolating themselves to play cards with her, most saw her hobby as childish or too complex, so she rarely asked anyone if they played. But she was willing to take a chance this one time.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
As Ben entered the room, he took in his surroundings. It was spacious, so he allowed everyone out, as usual, Nightshine had place herself next to Ben, staring at everyone with distrust. Dragoo looked ecstatic to be out, giving friendly cries to the new faces. Auto timidly remained in a corner, standing so still he appeared to be a decoration. Fuegar and Derpird we having a staring contest. Fuegar was losing, predictably, as Derprid's cross-eyed gaze blinked rarely. The bird wasn't even aware of the competition.
Auro had separated himself from the group, crossing his legs and beginning to meditate, hoping for peace and quiet.
Ben looked over to Kimon. "Erm, sorry, never tried it."
Meanwhile, Auro's ear twitched, and the pokemon rose. He casually walked to the table, taking Ben by the arm and making him take a seat. He turned to him, conveying a message through aura. Ben raised an eyebrow, and chuckled.
"You're always full of surprises Auro. Ah well, he's up for it. And he'll show my the ropes, I guess."
Auro showed little emotion, other than a nod of agreement.

Emma went inside and admired the interior. She always liked darker colors in color schemes and the house didn't fail to disappoint. Vanilla once she drank the bottle dry jumped onto Emma's head (Vanilla's favorite napping spot) and started to drift off to sleep. Eclair stayed close behind to make sure Vanilla didn't fall off. She sat in the Living Area and was intrigued when Kimon brought up cards. "Ooh, I love cards can I play? If possible can we play Tycoon? It's kind of the only game I'm good at." She said as she sat down on the couch across from Kimon with a bit of a laugh while Eclair was silently panicking about Vanilla possibly falling off of her head.

Vincent watched as everyone else went in to the wooden house to check out it's interior and he decided to follow them inside as did his Pokemon, both trainer and Pokemon were fascinated at all the room it had to offer while Coalossal did his best to not make a mess with his coal, even if he did, one of the Dreepys was kind enough to pick them up while the other simply rested in one of the holes in Dragapult's horn, Rillaboom began to give off more hand gestures to Vincent. "I know, right? Now you and the rest of the team don't have to sleep outside as much." Vincent said, Rilaboom shrugged and gestured with her hands again. "I know, you like sleeping outside because you're a Grass type, but not everyone in the team like sleeping in the pouring rain. Now let's see what else this house has to offer." Vincent said before Rillaboom nodded, while his other Pokemon all seemed to spread out a bit to admire the house--most of them careful not to make a mess--, Rillaboom stayed close to Vincent. "I don't mind a game of cards, just depends on the game that is." Vincent replied to those who suggested a game of cards.

Sera looked looked around the living room and sighed. She was honestly uncomfortable around the others, and she didn't really like cards. She sat down in a seat a bit aways from the others, wondering if she was going to be judged for what she researched. Many others did. Lass crawled out of the brown bag and laid in Sera's lap after giving a small cry. Sera couldn't help but smile at the small purple Nidoran in her lap. "Thanks, girl," she muttered as she ran her hand over her before realizing Sparky might want out. She grabbed a Pokeball from her bag before releasing a laid-back Luxray. Sparky looked at her with his red eyes for a moment before looking around at everyone else.