• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Pokemon House

Saikuk exited his room when a Zorua ran past him. Syke decided to follow it downstairs. Apparently, they were going to Mt. Frost. Syke knew Mudd was going to be excited, because she had been there before and found her Purple Amulet. Syke hadn't been to Mt. Frost and judging by the name, he knew it would be cold. He went to Mudd, "When we go, can you show me where you found it?" Mudd knew what Syke was talking about and nodded. Syke went back upstairs and put gloves and a woolly jumper on. "Maybe I can challenge other Pokemon to battles..." (I will update the Disscussion Page to explain Pokemon Battles).

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
The emolga curiously looked at the gumshoos as he gave his announcement, "Mt. Frost...?" She told herself quietly.
She heard about that place once, but never visited it before, as she almost never got out of her hometown.
There was still something she was confused about, and although her timidness, she decided to ask gumshoos about it.

"Um... E-excuse me?" She tried to catch the big pokemon's attention, "b-but what kind of... Um, training... we are going to do on that... Um, Mt. Frost?..." She naively asked him. She shyly started walking toward the tables as she continues to rub her arm nervously.

Hearing they are going to be going to Mt. Frost, he quickly grabbed a extra pair of metronomes and some snacks and headed back to the kitchen. He thought that since he’s lived in caves before and they were really cold, a mountain of snow can’t be that much colder. But the he thought about the difference between being cold and freezing cold, shivers went up his spine after that. To get his mind off of it he went back to spinning in his chair.

Mudd and Syke went downstairs. The large Gumshoos shouted, "We are leaving in five minutes, if you aren't ready, then you won't get any dinner!" Mudd remembered something in her room, so she ran to get it.
"Where are you going?" Syke asked.
"To get my amulet! I left it!" She replied rushing upstairs.
Syke stood outside and took a large inhale of air, "Well, at least I didn't get hurt like that Noibat. Right then, a large nut fell on his head. "Scrap that last sentence, it is a lie, now." He spoke like he was talking to someone, but really he was just a Syke-O (I'm sorry).

Sol used his psychic abilities to place his bag on his back and the strap under his arm and around his neck. he left his room and checked pulled out his journal to check off the list of names of pokemon present for the trip.

Zolaf snickered as he ran down the hallway. trying to keep a straight face so not to get any unnecessary attention. he carried his bag hanged over his shoulder tightly enough that it wouldn't come loose, but not tight enough to be uncomfortable. still thinking about meeting a legendary pokemon he smiled as he made his way to the meeting area.

Mudd was waiting to leave when the Gumshoos shouted, "IT'S TIME TO GO!" The Gumshoos walked out of the door and Mudd was quick to follow. Syke was ahead of her but she managed to get to the Gumshoos to ask a couple of questions. "So, what ICE type moves can I learn?" Mudd asked. It was clear the Gumshoos knew the answer, but instead he just smiled and said, "Wait and see." (Quick note about moves, you learn TMs naturally if in the right circumstances. Like Mudkip learning hail at Mt.Frost, or rock slide if in a cave etc)

Sol paused for a moment to smell the crisp cool air. He smiled as he continued up the path. ("TMs sound cool i think! i wonder if i will get a TM... maybe not.) Sol thought to himself. he looked around to see if everyone was present and accountable for. "yep" he said calm cheerfully.

Zolaf accidentally bumped into Sol as he paused. wondering why he stopped. Zolaf looked to see what Sol was looking at and in the distance he noticed a glaceon walking through the treeline also further up the mountain he noticed a delibird with an exceptionally large sack on its shoulder walking up the mountainside. where to? Zolaf didn't really have a clue. however one thing was certain, the cool breeze coming down the mountain was super cold he thought.

Magic Sparkle

The small emolga excitedly followed Gumshoos and the others, while looking around curiously.
The whole mountain was oddly beautiful, although everything seemed to be white except the weird pokemons that were there. Her eyes sparkled in amazement.
"I... I cant wait to see what kind of ICE moves I can learn!" the flying squirrel told herself quietly with excitement.

At some point, the small emolga started shivering from the freezing weather that surrounded the place. The icy breezes started to affect her as she felt weaker, like she can't keep up anymore.
However, she kept pushing herself forward after the group no matter how bad she felt. she just didn't want to get lost.

Ariana followed the others quietly, gazing around her. She wasn’t sure exactly what was going to happen, and she was feeling fairly nervous. Nearby, Daze was strolling along confidently, ready to train. Sure, he would have rathered stay at the house that day, but now would be a good time to show off his skills, and see what the others could do. His Iron Tail should do fairly well against any Ice Types the encountered.

As they went further up the mountain slowly creeping up the mountain. closer and closer to their destination Sol spoke to Zolaf a couple times along the way. As well as just about anyone who wanted to talk.

"how much longer?... I'm getting hungry" said Zolaf moments after his stomach growled. "soon" said the headmaster. (what is the headmasters gumshoo's name anyways?) While they went up the mountain Zolaf thought about howling to see if it would cause an avalanche but not wanting to be buried in snow he decided against it.

Mudd jumped up on a rock and said, "Syke! Come over here!" Of course, Syke went to her. Mudd showed him the spot, "This is it, I found it by tripping over." Mudd then ran to the House Master and asked, "Where are we headed?" Gumshoos replied almost instantly, "You see that pillar on that flat piece of land, that is where most Pokemon are, and there are plenty of battle fields up there too." Mudd looked up, "Lets get going, then." The House Master saw how eager Mudd was and said, "We will be going up the mountain, everyone, so stay close." The House Master started to walk quickly, "Lets not waste any more time."

Syke was taken to the spot where Mudd found her amulet. She explained that she tripped over it before running off. Saikuk turned around and saw a quite dark cave. He ran in to it, obviously a bad idea.

Magic Sparkle

Shivering, the emolga kept pushing herself forward, as she noticed the Eevee approaching and offering her assistance.
"y-yes um... Well... Th-thank you v-very much e-eve" she stuttered with a weak nod, "m-my name is Jol...Jolty, it's r-really nice to meet you... I think..." she added.

Jolty heard Gumshoos and noticed that he is walking faster than before.
"Umm... We..we sh-should speed up a b-bit so we w-won't get l-lost. th-thank you again for h-helping me" she told the Eevee as she started to push herself even more.

The cold winds was very harsh for tempo being a dragon and flying type, he tried to stay close to everyone to not get left behind. As he climbed the mountain with the others it got colder and the wind got more harsh. Tempos breath could be seen as if it was a cloud. He occasionally stood right next to some of his companions to stay warm. “How much farther do we have to go” Tempo said as he shivered.

"Keep up everyone, were almost there" said the headmaster as they approached the pillar. It's warmer up here for some reason. Sol made sure Saikuk didn't get lost in the cave "time to get back to the group" Sol said cheerfully as they returned to the group. Zolaf reached into his bag and warmed his paws on a blanket. (Luckily all the pokemon were issued a blanket courtesy of gumshoos.) He then looked around in his bag and rolled his eyes and huffed to himself when he realized he forgot his favorite snacks. Zipping his bag as they continued walking towards the pillar.

Amanda was walking with the others up the mountain, slightly shivering. Luckily, her feet were nice and warm in her boots, otherwise they would have frozen to the ground. She began rubbing her arms, trying to warm them up. "Ugh, been here less than a day and I'm already walking up a mountain with a bunch of strangers. Yay, me..." She thought, not happy that she had to freeze just so she could train. Training was the reason she came here, but it was just too much for the first day. She kept close to everyone, trying not to complain because it might upset the House Master.

Ariana didn't care for the cold, but she was doing better than some of the others who truly disliked cold. She trudged through the snow, wondering when the group would stop to rest. Daze didn't like the cold either, but his fur was thick enough to keep him from being uncomfortably cold. He was walking close to Amanda, to make sure he stayed near one member of the group at all times, and looked around as he walked.

Mudd turned to the House Master, "So what do we do now?" She asked as the pillar was in view. The Gumshoos replied with a simple, "Explore." Mudd immediately ran off, but not after long she ran back to the weird looking Meowth, "Do you want to come?" She held out her paw, with a broad smile

Syke followed the Slowpoke back to the group, and not after long, they were at the pillar. The Gumshoos told them to explore, but all Syke did was sit down, with a hot flask of PokeCoffee, shivering. "At least I have my drink." Syke opened the flask, but spilled it. The PokeCoffee looked so nice and warm that Saikuk just rolled in it.

Amanda looked skeptically at the Purrloin who seemed to keep close to her. She looked around and figured that she'd better introduce herself before things got awkward. She cleared her throat and looked at the Pokémon. "Um, hi. I'm--" She was cut off by that same Mudkip who banged on her door this morning. She didn't know what to say so she responded. "Sure." She awkwardly began walking towards the pillar, slowly so that the Mudkip would be able to keep up.

Zolaf stuck his face in the snow and left a face print in the snow, then made a snow lugia next to it. (his snow lugia looked more like a deformed ditto". he giggled as he ran in search of a tree to carve the letter Z into.

Sol pulled out his journal and marked the spot of the pillar on his map. then proceeded to describe the journey so far. Afterwards he looked at the pillar and noticed writing at the foot of the pillar. inscribed in an old archaic pokemon language. He could translate some but only bits and pieces(his father is an archaeologist and like to teach Sol about history). "Judging by the translation something happened here a long time ago... but what could it be?" Sol said curiously. Sol sat by the pillar trying to read it but couldn't really translate anything substantial.

Today tempo learned something, he hated snow and ice. Snow kept piling up in his ear that he had to constantly get out. The blanket he was given was way to small and only fit around one of his ears, and it looked like icicles were starting to form off of his metronome’s. “At least this place is interesting, and a tiny bit warmer...”. He tried flying around but the wind was a bit to much for him, as his wings felt like they were ice cubes. He pulled out a berry and took at bite, for him to only realize that it was frozen solid, as with all the other things that he brought with him. He decided to talk to the others, to take his mind off of the snow. He flew over to the slowpoke he had met before, “This place really is cold isn’t it. Hey I never got your name when you helped me out.” He sticks his wing out, “My name is tempo” he says as snow slowly falls of his wings.

Sol looked over and smiled "hello!, im sol... nice to meet you. he said cheerfully. (I wonder if gumshoos can read this pillar.) Sol thought to himself. the two talked about how cold it was and the snow.

Out of nowhere Zolaf jumped out from the snow. shaking the snow off his fur. He was pretty happy knowing he marked one of the trees. (he would have marked two trees but one was actually a sudowoodo). Its a good thing the sudowoodo was nice and didn't get angry at him. Though considering sudowoodo is a rock it would be unlikely his claw would even scratch him anyways. Zolaf dug a small hole in the snow and crawled in the hole to help stay warm.

Mudd noticed how slow the Meowth walked, so she said, "Are you coming or not?" She started to run, "If we are going to explore, have to spend our time wisely! So let's go!" Mudd headed to a nearby tree and rammed into it. "... nothing? No food at all?" As soon as she said that, a pair of eyes opened on the tree. "What the Arceus is that?" Mudd had never seen a sudowoodo before, so she thought it was a grass type. "I can take a grass type on!" She shouted. "I hope..."

While Sol was talking to tempo he couldn't help but notice a tree walking through the forest. wow... that doesn't happen everyday" he thought to himself.

Zolaf sitting in his hole comfortably heard some noise. them proceeded to look out and sees a mudkip shouting. "i bet he's hungry too" Zolaf thought to himself as he huffed to himself then rolled his eyes and went back into his hole to think of some mischief he could do in the meantime. He smiled and giggled as he thought of a pretty silly idea. "maybe i'll start a snowball fight or better i'll turn into a giant kyurem and roar really scary-like... or maybe ill just dig a small pitfall trap. not too deep though, don't want anyone getting hurt" he thought to himself.

The tree thing looked startled. Mudd knew both of her moves were ineffective against grass types, so ahe used the stronger one, Water Gun.
The water splashed everywhere and for a second Mudd was blinded. When she shook the water off, the tree was gone. "Headmaster," Mudd said, "What was that?"
"A Sudowoodo, a rock type. Not a grass type." Gumshoos replied
"Oh, well you learn something new everyday!" Mudd looked at the Meowth, who was with her. "Why didn't you help? I could've gotten hurt." Mudd frowned and sat down.

Sol sat by the pillar as it helped block most of the cool wind. He laid contemptly in front of the pillar as he stared intently at the engraving.

Zolaf looked around and threw a snowball at Sol thinking it would hit him in the back of the head but missed by a few inches and hit the pillar.

Saikuk saw the snowball hit the pillar, and it started to shake. Saikuk thought, "This can't be good." Out of nowhere, a Beartic jumped out and used slash at Syke. "Yup, this is not good!" He shouted. He used confusion but it didn't seem to do anything. He got hit by slash, but jumped back and used hidden power. He had never used hidden power, so he didn't know what type it was. It looked like ice so Syke got excited and shouted, "YES, my hidden power is i..." The beartic wasn't hurt by it and immediately used ice beam. Saikuk dodged it but it looked like it was headed for Zolaf, "Watch out!" Syke shouted.​

Solar huffed to himself then ran out of the way. As zolaf ran he used nasty plot. The beartic let out a roar. Zolaf used fake tears as an attempt to weaken the beartic then immediately used night daze and jumped back. Then stood ready to attack again.

A torrent of water shot out immediately after Zolaf jumped back. Sol had used a water pulse then charged directly at the beartic hitting it with a zen headbutt. Which caused him to flinch and fall back. Sol looked over the beartic determined and and waited to see if he will get up.

Sol smiled with relieved, he carefully walked over to the beartic's side to see if it was true. "I guess that just happened..." Sol said calmly looking at the large pokémon now laying on the ground. Sol walked over and placed one of the Oran berries from his sack in a large leaf and placed in the beartic's paw. With thoughts of carefree he walked back and looking around to see if everyone was fine. They were cold but safe, Sol sat by the pillar that was now slightly leaning to its side. He looked over the beartic through his peripheral vision as he sat there.

Zolaf sighed of relief then walked over to the beartic and poked his face a couple times to see if he was really out cold. "He's out cold! ha!... out cooold!" Zolaf said as he giggled to himself and smirked as he threw a snowball at him then walked over to his hole. Zolaf sat there still giggling as he sat there looking at the beartic lay there. Zolaf looked out then threw a snowball at Sol again this time hitting him right square in the back of the head.

Sol turned around with a confused expression as he looked around he saw Zolaf grinning. Sol smiled cheerfully and laughed "ha! my turn!" He threw a snowball, but Zolaf ducked causing it to miss. Moments later he looked up and as he did a flock of swanna and ducklett flew off into the distance. Sol and one of the ducklett made eye contact and as they did they both smiled then Sol sat back down.

Since they were told to explore, Ariana began wandering around. She was unsure what purpose it served, but it was what she was told to do... she found a small rock and sat down on it, putting her hand up to the amethyst on the fine chain that hung around her neck. Daze also began to wander around. He didn’t care about learning an Ice move. He wanted to battle, and use his Iron Tail to decimate one of these Ice types. However, the ones he challenged had all declined so far, and he was getting irritated. He trotted off in the direction of a large cluster of footprints he assumed were from the group.

Sol looked at the pillar and recognizes another word "cave" ,but he couldn't figure out the context behind it. "is the cave a literal place? is it metaphorical? I'm overthinking this..."Sol thought to himself. sadly he was unable to translate any other part of the inscribing. Sol thought to himself and remembered a cave... He wondered if that was the cave mentioned in the text ,but maybe not. Sol walked off curious but contempt as he looked over and noticed That ralts walked off seemingly with no specific destination ,and the purrloin walk aimlessly following a trail of footprints. Sol kept an eye on both of them just in case, luckily the headmaster was also looking.

Zolaf sat in his hole bored he decided to walk around and maybe find another pokémon to fight , or some buried treasure. Zolaf walked off chuckling thinking he would go on an adventure and maybe find some gold.