• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Pokemon Evolution Grounds RP!

"Goodnight, Cocoa... sleep tight..."

Ria watched as the Eevee fell asleep before the crackling flames. He honestly looked adorable as he slept. Using one of her vines, she positioned him in a more comfortable position for the both of them to sleep. Gently, she pat his head, whispered "good night" once more, then fell asleep herself.

~Dream~
Ria opened her eyes, and upon doing so, she was no longer in the forest. Cocoa wasn't there either, Initially, this caused her to feel panicked, but she realized that it was only a dream, then stopped panicking. Before her was a field of golden grass, patches of white flowers dotting the area. The sun shone down on her, making her feel warm again. Ria pranced about in the fields or what felt like hours, her energy not depleting in the slightest. Suddenly, another figure appeared. It was Cocoa! Ria pranced over to Cocoa, who immediately started frolicking around in the fields with her. Both of them erupted with laughter, so much so that Ria's real self actually laughed occasionally. Her dream self was enjoying every second of the company she had, and never wanted it to end.

(OOC: If this realistic sandstorm starting isn't realistic enough, you can delete it :p)

The air was the same stiffness as normal, not one breeze, the small cirrus clouds not moving. Gemma looked up at them when suddenly, they started moving north-east. Instinctively, she look south-west and saw a sandstorm moving in! It was blowing fast, so Gemma knew she had to get to shelter, fast. She ran to the closest building, an average store that sold gear, nothing special. The sandstorm raged on for an hour, beating against the building hard. When the sandstorm finally ceased, Gemma saw an odd hole a few miles out of town from a window. She knew what it was. Escape. Silently, she bought some gear, race over to the berry shop and bought a bunch of Oran Berries. I'm ready... She started the few mile walk to the hole, hoping to get there before it covered over with sand...

Cocoa jumped and chased the orb of light that had formed from a bunch of snowflakes. He ran and ran until he finally jumped onto it, causing a large explosion or light....

Cocoa opened his eyes to see something green. He blinked once and yawned. He poked at it lightly before he realized that it was actually Ria's mane. He smiled lightly before rolling away and carefully standing up. Looking around, he noticed that the fire that he had made last night was now only a small spiral of smoke that drifted into the sky. Cocoa frowned and shivered before he quickly gathered some more sticks and a lit a smaller fire. Using the flame, he took some berries out and stuck them onto some sticks. For his, he placed a Oran berry, a Pecha berry, and a Mago berry. For Rias, he decided to stick on a Pecha berry, a Sitrus berry, and a Chesto berry. He started to slowly turn them over a fire as he watched the berries slowly turn in color. A light smell of the berries slowly started to fill the air the longer he tried to toast the berries.

While frolicking around in the fields with Cocoa, a smell suddenly filled the air. It smelled really good, and reminded Ria that she was actually pretty hungry.

The smell dragged her out of her dream and back into reality. She let out a yawn, eyes not fully open. "Hey, where'd ya go?" Ria said groggily, slowly getting up.

She didn't open her eyes all the way, but she heard the fire from earlier, and didn't feel Cocoa anymore, which meant he got up and rekindled the flame. The smell was that of berries, so she assumed he was cooking something. She opened her eyes up all the way, and everything was still pretty blurry. The light from the fire was blinding to her, so she looked away. "Gah, I can't see anything... stupid light..." Ria mumbled to herself, stretching her legs out.

Her foot didn't hurt anymore, so she shook it wildly to show Cocoa that it was okay now... that is, if he was still within the area. "Cocoa, are ya there? I smell food, so I'm guessing you are," she said, starting to walk around aimlessly.

She occasionally stopped once in a while to extend a foot out, checking for things in front of her. The light from the fire made it hard to see much, so she continued stumbling around until she felt something furry near the fire. It felt like Cocoa, and there was an area of the fur that felt matted down that corresponded to the area where he was sleeping on top of her. "Ah, there you are. Whatcha makin'?" Ria asked with a smile, eyes slowly getting used to the brilliant light of the fire.

Cocoa yelped and jumped up when he felt Ria touch his tail. He nearly dropped the berries, but still held them by the stick in his mouth.
"I wasth makinth breathfasth.!" Cocoa mumbled before he placed the kabobs down and pushed one of them towards Ria.
"I was making breakfast cause I was hungry." Cocoa said with a smile. "Here, I made some for you too!" Cocoa also let out a small sigh of relief when he noticed that Ria's leg had gotten much better. The Eevee giggled and turned back towards his berries.
Picking up his own Kabob, Cocoa began to eat his berries in a... different way. Instead of just eating them, he ate the outer layer that was more crispy and sweet before he toasted the berries again. He continued to do this until he finished the sweet berries and let out a refreshed sigh. Even if the forest wasn't exactly the most pretty, it had to have some kind of water somewhere. He wandered a little off of the trail before finding a miniature lake. He splashed some water on his face and fluffed up his fur slightly before he walked back. He went close to the fire so he could warm and dry his fur instead of just shaking off the water. Little droplets of water would fall off of his pelt, causing little bits of steam to rise from the fire.

Gemma finally made it to the hole. It was starting to get windy again, nature prepping for a sandstorm, so she knew she either went in or got lost in the sandstorm as the hole covered up. With loads of fear, she jumped in. She got caught on a little ramp of sand that slid her deep into an underground cave, with only a little light from the hole at the top of the sand slide. But suddenly, another sandstorm kicked in, filling the hole and enveloping her in darkness...

"Wait, what? For me?"

Ria looked at the blob of several colors that Cocoa had pushed towards her, finally deciding to clear her eyes by rubbing them. Once she was able to see, she looked back at the several-colored blob from before. It was a stick with three berries on it: Pecha, Sitrus, and Chesto - Ria's favorites. Flattered, she blushed slightly as she picked up the berries and bit into one. "Mmm! Theshe rr rilly guhd!!" Ria exclaimed, mouth still full.

She swallowed, then laughed at her own stupidity. "Sorry, I meant to say that these are really good! Thanks a bunch, Cocoa, I owe ya one!" Ria said, giving him a close-eyed smile before continuing to eat the delicious berry treat that he had graciously made for her.

Gemma fingered through her bag until she found a special flashlight that a Pokemon could hold. It had a little strap to put one's paws in, and a button to turn it on. She clicked it on and looked around. She appeared to be standing in some sort of. . . maze? There were walls everywhere, every once in a while showing a little opening. Gemma swore she could hear voices but ignored this. She was buried alive now, she had no choice but to keep going. She chose a small opening a bit to the left, but she found it hard to walk with the flashlight, so she put it in her mouth instead.

Cocoa smiled with his tail wagging. He quickly picked up his bag with the little bell on the edge. He slung it over his neck and decided to roll some moss and take it with him.
"Are you ready to go?" Cocoa said, placing the moss inside of his bag. Today, he was more excited, but at the same time more scared. They would have to be passing through near a Mightyena camp that wasn't even too far from where they were. Cocoa patted his fur down a little to prevent the wind that was blowing from fluffing up his fur and making him cold.

Chikyu padded through the grass. He thought he heard something. He went closer to investigate. There was an Eevee and a Skiddo. His number 1 rule was: don't trust any pokemon. But he was hungry. He was thirsty. He hated to admit it, but he needed help. He took a deep breath and walked towards the two. Then he stopped. He thought about what he was going to do. Was it worth it? But then he realized that he could possibly scare them into giving him food? Yes, that would hurt his pride less. He stepped forwards, growling. "So, I smell food. Hand it over now before someone gets hurt.

"Woah, woah, what?!"

A Bayleef appeared, seemingly angry, demanding that Ria and Cocoa hand over their food. He was threatening them, and after everything that had happened the night prior, Ria didn't feel like getting hurt again. She hadn't even finished eating her first berry when she threw the stick down and slid it over to the Bayleef. "H-here, take it! Just d-don't hurt hi- us!" She said, correcting her small little slip up without knowing what caused her to slip up in the first place.

Despite her desire not to be harmed, Ria found herself jumping in front of Cocoa, disabling the Bayleef from being able to harm him without going through her first. "Take the food, b-but don't hurt us, please." Ria pleaded, trying to make it not sound like she was begging.

Her stomach growled softly, but she fake coughed in order to try and mask the sound. In the back of her mind, she wanted to grab the food and finish it, but then again, injuries weren't something she wanted. She stared at the Bayleef, trying to hide the fear in her eyes - to no avail. She still stood firmly in front of Cocoa, protecting him first. No friend of Ria's was going to get hurt today.

Chikyu watched the Skiddo's heroic actions, and then looked at what he was doing, just to survive. No, he would never drop down to this level. These pokemon looked tired and torn. He couldn't do this to them. "I-i'm sorry." He said. He pushed the berry back. "I was desperate, I never should have done what I did. I should just admit that I need help." Chikyu said.

Cocoa backed up slightly before letting out a sigh. He picked up the berries and handed it back to Ria before turning to the Bayleaf with a cheerful smile.
"Hey! I'm Cocoa and this is Ria. We were just having breakfast, wanna join us?" He said with a bright smiled. Inside, he wanted to keep going but he also didn't want to leave the Bayleaf alone. He put his bag back onto the ground and sorted through. He had a couple of berries left and the fire seemed to still be pretty strong. Cocoa took another small stick before rotating and trying to pick the berries. Not knowing what the Bayleaf like, he decided that he would just put a Oran, Sitrius, and a Aspear berry. He had heard from his mom that Aspear berries have a small twinge of sweetness amidst the sourness that warms you heart.
"...It's also why my mom had always enjoyed making them!" Cocoa had accidentally said outloud what he was thinking. He shook his head and blushed lightly before turning to roast the berries once more and handing them to the Bayleaf.
"Here, I hope you like it!" Cocoa said cheerfully before he sat next to the now next to the fire that was slowly dying. He fumbled with a pine cone. To be honest, he was quiet scared of the Bayleaf at first. But because Ria had stepped in front of him, he felt safer and happy. He looked back over to the Skiddo and gave her a close eyed smile before accidentally throwing the pine cone into the fire.

Ria slowly calmed down, the fear leaving her system as Cocoa, out of the sheer kindness in his heart, made some food for the Bayleef, even going as far as handing Ria her original food back. If the Bayleef wasn't there, she probably would've cried. This Eevee was just so... nice! Friendly! All she did was get scared and chuck her food at him, which from the looks of things freaked his out as well. Cocoa, however, didn't seem to think less of her, which put her at ease. Calming down fully now, she picked up her berry stick with a vine and sat down next to Cocoa.

"Sorry about that," Ria apologized, bowing her head to the two, "I got scared and freaked out a little bit. It won't happen again, I promise... I guess I owe you again, Cocoa. You know the deal, I already explained it to ya."

She nudged Cocoa playfully before looking to the Bayleef. "I didn't catch your name. Mine, as Cocoa said, is Ria. What is yours?" Ria asked with a head tilt and a close eyed smile before munching on the Chesto Berry on her stick.

Chikyu ate his berries cautiously. He felt terrible about what had happened, and didn't feel comfortable eating with the pair. But, however, he was amazed at the act of friendship that had just happened. He wanted to know what friendship felt like. "My name's Chikyu." He said in between berry bites. "I can't thank you enough for these berries, I really don't deserve it."

Chikyu took a bite out of the Aspear berries. Those were his favorite. "So what are you two doing out here?" He asked curiously. It was not common for pokemon to take such treacherous routes through the forest.

Cocoa giggled and smiled back at Ria before looking back at Chikyu. "We're on out way to the Pokemon Evolution Grounds!" He said rather loudly. He began to break down the fire by pulling the logs apart, causing a small swirl of sparks to come out before the flames disappeared into embers. He then took a little bit of moss and soaked it in water before returning and squeezing it onto the embers, causing a loud 'woosh' sound with a mountain of steam flowing up from the fireplace.
"Don't worry about the berries, it's nothing." Cocoa said back to the Bayleaf. He poked Ria back before scampering back to the other side of the fire pit next to Chikyu with a mischevious smile on his face as he looked away and pretended to have not done anything.
"So, why are you out here?" Cocoa said, letting one of ears go limp, falling onto his face. He blew onto it, moving it to the side before stretching a little bit.

Ria giggled as Cocoa blew aside an ear of his that went limp, biting once more the Chesto Berry. "Mmm, Cocoa, thanks again for making this, it's great!" She said, this time actually swallowing before speaking.

Turning to face the Bayleef, who introduced himself as Chikyu, she tilted her head to the side with curiosity. "Oh, yeah. Why are you out here? Aren't Bayleefs already evolved? From Chikorita, I believe." She asked him, extending a vine to poke his nose.

Ria's interest in Chikyu was piqued, as it truly had been since he made a 180 from a threatening menace to a nice and somewhat timid guy. She wondered what exactly he was doing out here if he wasn't going to the Evolution Grounds. Who knows, maybe he'll travel with us! That would be kinda fun, she thought to herself with a smile. She cast a quick glance at Cocoa once more, then started to poke the little leaf pods that hung around Chikyu's neck. "Ooh, what are these?~" Ria asked in an almost sing-songy voice as she stroked them. "Are these little buds? Or seeds? Hm..."

Ladasym woke up next to her Espeon plush straight at dawn. She got out of her huge dog bed she likes and dashed downstairs for breakfast. Her mom, Ladisa (a Sylveon), and her dad Mijan (a Umbreon) greeted her to well.. today. Ladisa poured her Eeveelution Flakes and Ladasym ate all of it. She put her sparkly, glow-in-the-dark shoes on, her flower headband, and her tail armor that makes her tail look purple-ish.

When she got outside she dashed to the nearby playground and played around. There were mostly Eevees and Torchics and Oshawotts there.
She saw a bird migration fly by. She then giggled and rolled on the floor. She sighed, while watching the clouds. A gang of 3 Eevees walked by, and 1 named Sunrise stepped accidentally on her mane. She quickly looked over to Ladasym and said, "I'm so sorry, are you okay?"
"I'm fine." replied Ladasym.
"Oh.. O-Okay..! Bye then!" said Sunrise. Ladasym decided to go on the swings before leaving to eat lunch. She swang on the swings until she heard Ladisa and Mijan walking to the playground. "Oh dear!" said Ladisa.
"What?" said Mijan.
"Theres TONS of Eevees outside! How will we find Ladasym?" replied Ladisa.
"Okay then. Thats why we got her the shoes and the armor. Just look for a Eevee whom has those things." said Mijan calmly.
They found Ladasym and went back home for some Pokemon food.

To Be Continued....