• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Pokemon Evolution Grounds RP!

The Shiny Charmander sighed. "I dunno how I will survive getting to the Evolution Grounds." He told himself, tail flame getting better. "I dont know what to do.." Flame's tail slowly sways.

"Here you are," the Lucario said with a grin, for though she was well known around town for her beautifully crafted and innovative bags, scarves, sweaters, and the like, customers were fewer up in the main part of town, for they had all migrated to the spectacular, new fangled shopping district beneath the ocean where, it seemed, they'd finally decided to merge the shoddy old town with the new one that had begun to sprout beneath the waves. The Purrloin frowned distastefully at the thought of the shopping district. Something about all those unsettling eyes. She hated to be stared at.

As such, the Purrloin was rather relieved that a few of the shopkeepers stayed stuck in their ways on their woven mats in their flimsy huts, although it appeared that, at the current moment, they might have been regretting their decision. Raucous cries terrorized the air, coupled by harsh, angry bellows that clashed with the cries and caused the wind to roar louder, howling past the Purrloin's lynx-like ears. Depositing the loose change she'd received into one pocket of the bag, the cat Pokémon picked it up in her mouth, straps dangling down and scuffing the earth, and craned her neck up high, picking up her feet so as to not trip as she pranced closer to the chaos, wind whipping everything, her snake like fur, ribbon ear tips, and leather bag straps to the left, then the right, then straight behind.

Her stormy eye turned in its socket to stare at the Litleo as the batty cat passed, eerily moving apart from its kin, the dark red color seeming to seep out of its iris like a bleeding storm. Then, she was gone, melting into the shadow of a building to watch, her steps so silent it was as if she walked on velvet paws, as any good cat should be able to do. Even the bag seemed to melt with the Purrloin, for she'd chosen one as black as a night with no stars and as she placed it on the ground the buckles flashed a dull gleam, overshadowed by the ghostly apparel of her stone white teeth. It was a queer bag, the Purrloin thought for a moment, tugging it into position so that it could slip over her neck and onto her back. Based off of the idea of saddle bags, two lightweight pouches hung from each side, right near her shoulder blades, connected together by a strap that rested neatly upon her arching back and secured tightly to her sides by another strap starting just shy (by about two inches or so) of the bottom of the pouches and hugging her stomach, connected by an adjustable buckle that she snapped shut, tugging it tighter with a pearly gleam of her fangs. In order for the saddle bag like contraption not to slip uncomfortably on the long journey, for not every creatures back was as straight as that of a horse, a last and final strap was attached to the middle of the one across her back and spread upwards towards her neck, where it split into two and meet again upon her chest to travel down and attach itself to the strap about her belly. It took a few tries for the cat to fully understand such a bag and she was pleasantly surprised to find a small pouch, almost a pocket, right where the straps met again on her chest, and to this the Purrloin transferred her disappointing amount of leftover change, for she could think of no place safer for it to reside then below her teeth and above her claws. Such was the quadruped travel bag, sleekly held upon the wearer's frame in a manner that was lightweight and easy to defend, that would not slip or fall or break, that could not choke the wearer and could hold a decent amount of goods. The batty cat raised her lips in a ghostly smile, pleased, one stormy red eye and another emerald green.

She looked up, curious if the battle still flared, consumed too much by her new attire for her cobwebbed mind to care.

Still, it could be interesting, she supposed with a snicker.

There was never a shortage of fun when Pokémon fought.

Flame got up, walking out of the beach. He hopes no other pokemon would try to attack him. He looked around as he was on his journey alone.

Shira's sister, Crystal came (will write a bio of her after post on the discussion thread). "Hey Shira, need help with this crazy beast? I can help!" Crystal said. "Well anyways, shut this up. I can fight two fire types at once. I've been trained in Shadowclan until!" The Persian growled, raging up. Crystal used Protect on both of them, protecting them from a sudden Thunderbolt used by the big cat. The Persian used Aerial Ace on Crystal. Crystal got hit hard. "You alright?' Shira asked Crystal. "I'm alright.." Crystal repiled. They both used Flame Charge on the Perisan.
"You're gonna regret it, you stinky horses!" the Persian said, using Dig. "Run everywhere!" Shira said to Crystal. The Persian used Bite after the Dig, attacking Shira harshly.

Shira yelped loudly, but Crystal protected her, using Protect. A Aerial Ace was going to attack. They used Hidden Power together, and the Persian fainted.

"Yipee! Yipee!" they chanted.

Midnight was watching the fight. "Cool, you have a twin?" He asked. He walked toward the fainted Pursian. "Ugh, you better not let Lion see this." Midnight sighed. He spoke too soon. The Purrlion approached. She examined the fainted Pursian. She smiled. "Who did this?" She asked

"Ehh, it's me and my sister. Deal with it. It's from Shadowclan.." Crystal said when she dragged her sister a bit away, and Shira giggled a bit. "It was attacking me, so we attacked harshly and we fainted him." Shira added. They ran a bit away, and they slept on the leaf pile nowhere near anyone but themselves. "I've now fainted a Water type, and now a strong Pokemon." Shira said. "Wait. Did you faint a water type without me. That is just amazing!" Crystal replied. "I know, right? It was so dramatic I almost fainted." Shira replied. They giggled a lot and it got nightime, and they went to sleep under some leaves. Shira's head fire bruned her leaf pile. "Umm.. oops. I'll just sleep on the ground." she said. She slept on the ground, not noticing anything else.

"Yea. Thanks!" Purrlion yelled. "Wait what? Aren't you mad!? She took down someone in your clan!" Midnight yelled. "Well if you need to know, this was the clan's leader. So now I have less things to worry about." She smiled, walking back to the tree. "OK? So how about we focus about your new name?" Midnight joked. The Purrlion smiled. "If I said you could call Me "Lion" would you stop bugging me?" She asked. "Yep." Midnight smiled.

"How did you even get that name?" She asked. "Purr-LION!" Midnight smirked. "Ok that explains my name, what about yours?" She asked. "My name is Midnight because I hatched right at Midnight!" He smiled. Lion smirked. She lie down on the tree branch. Midnight backed up slowly. "You better not fall on me!" Midnight sighed. "Aww Don't Wor-" She was cut off, by the branch breaking, falling close, but not on Midnight. "Maybe you shouldn't sleep on a branch!" Midnight sighed. "You have less chances of falling, and less chances of me having to wake up in the middle of the night." Midnight sighed. "Good idea." She smiled, laying next to Midnight. "Ugh. Stop." Midnight sighed, scooting away. The Silver furred Eevee fell asleep.

Ria was psyched when Cocoa accepted her offer, and she would've jumped with joy - had he not continued speaking beyond his acceptance of the offer.

"I've heard that there's ghosts that will jump out of caves and drag you down into the darkness!!"

Ria gulped, but shook it off and followed Cocoa into the store. She let him do his own thing, focused on the herbs and berries section. She picked up a few Revival Herbs and Energy Roots, which she already knew were excessively bitter. On top of that, she picked up a few assorted berries, some rope, some bandages, a canteen, and a few other necessities. After realizing that it would be a pain to carry everything, she also grabbed a basket to carry her items in. It fit over her head, and didn't seem to obstruct her movement much, even when it was filled with everything she was carrying.

Ria reached the counter and paid for her goods, then looked around for Cocoa. He seemed to have lost himself among bracelets and hats of some sort. "Hey, Cocoa, I'm gonna wait at the door. Once you're done, I'll be here, okay?" She called after him, heading to the doorway and sitting down, looking through her basket at everything she just bought.

She still had some money left over, but there wasn't much else she could do with it other than buy more supplies. Maybe there'll be something else I can do in the future with this, she thought as she looked up into the sky, the sunlight reflecting off of her milk white eyes. Yeah... I better hold on to it. This adventure is really gonna be something else.

It got a little darker, and the ponyta sisters decided to venture out in the dark. They searched around for some berries around with no pokemon near it. They found some berries that didn't look poisonous or had pokemon around it. Their where some Cheri Berries, Aguav Berries, and Sitrus Berries. They started to eat some of them, and some cats from Shadowclan appeared. "Yes, we do sneak in the dark. Anyways our leader was killed. We saw that you guys fainted him, so we are going to faint you!" A Glameow said. "Take them away." A delcatty said. They grabbed them both, but Shira got out using Dig already. Crystal did not know Dig. She got grabbed by a Purugly, and got pulled onto a big tree and was tied using vines and was tied up with alot of them.

Kaos had been walking for maybe fifteen minutes by now, when another silhouette caught his eye. In the midst of practicing a Water Sport, shooting water in the air and shrouding his entire body in cool, refreshing mist, he spotted what appeared to be a castle. As he walked over out of curiosity, since this was the first time he'd ever seen or heard about it, he noticed that it was completely made out of food. Despite the practicality of this happening, the Oshawott found that his feet couldn't carry him over fast enough without the assistance of legs. It took him a minute or two to get over, and he sprayed mist overhead the entire time, so as to not get heat exhaustion as he ran.

Surrounding the castle, a massive moat of maple syrup kept him out. Pancake crocodiles swam around below, threatening Kaos with sharp, strawberry teeth. How do I get inside? he wondered, walking around the tall, Twinkie building to find a back door. Seeing as there was none, the Oshawott continued walking until he was back at the front. Instead of a blank wall of delectable treats, a large, chocolate bar drawbridge stood, lowering itself down to the sand the water-type stood on with the help of pasta chains. With no reluctance whatsoever, Kaos hurried inside, out of the sun and into wonderland.

"Ahh! Help me. IT'S VERY HARSH ON HERE! LET ME FREE!" Crystal yelled very loudly. The vines her knotted twice, making it a bit more hard to escape. "Well too bad for you. If you didn't faint our leader, you wouldn't be in this mess." A Skitty said, laughing harshly.
Shira looked around for Crystal, and she got a bit worried. She looked around near the trees to hear a lot of screaming ahead farther. "Crystal?! Crystal!?" she exclaimed.

Zara, to say the least, was having a bit of difficulty.

She was fast, but the Murkrow was faster, striking quickly, though not nessicarily in a strong manner. The Litleo gave a roar of frustration, aiming yet another ember at the bird Pokémon, missing him by mere inches.

The Murkrow was thoroughly enjoying this. The litleo's growing frustration with each dodge made him caw with laughter. While his laugh was a shrill, high pitched cry, it was still decernable as such. The black bird Pokémon landed on the edge of the roof of a building, wiping a tear from his eye. "Oh, man," he snorted. "And to think I was worried there for a second. Ya should really re-think your strategy, my fri- OUCH!"

He was cut off as, while he was monologuing, Zara had taken the opportunity to knock him off of the roof and into the damp sand with a well-placed Ember. She padded over to the fallen dark-type, looming over him now that he was on his back, even though in reality she was only a couple of inches taller.

"The coin?"

———

Murkrow had been clearly caught off guard. Whilst giggling and taunting the Litleo, it hadn't even occurred to him that the Pokémon's ember could reach him from there. He fell off of the roof with a loud screech, landing in the wet sand, which uncomfortably coated his feathers. He was greeted with a familiar feline face, who towered over him with an angry expression.

"The coin?"

Murkrow begrudgingly handed over the 40-Pokédollar piece, along with a green and yellow bandana that he seemed to pull out of his tail. "Here, take it," he grumbled. "Be glad I'm having a nice day today."

Shaking sand out of his feathers, the bird Pokémon flew off, most likely looking for something else shiny that he could take.

———

The Litleo, on the other hand, was overjoyed.

Zara walked into the nearest shop with the fourty-piece in her jaws, grinning like a maniac with a cocky smile. Placing her front paws onto the counter along with the coin, the Litleo addressed the shopkeeper. "I'll take as many Oran berries as this'll pay for, please!"

The Dewott running the small store looked concerned, to say the very least. He looked the small Pokémon up and down, assessing the sandy, messed up fur, and overall rugged appearance, not to mention that he'd seen the battle outside. "Umm…" the Dewott replied simply, going to the storage in the back to see what he had.

Cocoa poked his head out of the pile of supplies, shaking the hats and thingy mbobers off of him. He giggled before jumping down and looking around for some things that he might need. He picked up some rope, a lighter, a ton of berries, and a hat. He also grabbed a small messenger bag that was slung over him, carrying all the supplies he had bought. He jumped up to the counter and payed using the money that his mother had given him before quickly following and sitting beside his new friend.
"Come on! Lets go!" He said jumping up and down with excitement as a bell on his bag chimed softly.

"It almost looks as if nobody wants to talk to me... Hm..." Torch looked around very bored before hearing her mother's voice. "Don't forget your bag!" "Of course! My bag!" She ran home, and grabbed her bag with some travelling needs. "Now let's search again for some friends!"
She walked off.

Ria's head snapped towards Cocoa as a soft chime resounded through her ears. "You got a bell? Nice, it sounds nice," Ria told Cocoa, standing once again from her sitting position, "how about we go, huh?... Where are we going?"

She giggled at her lack of knowledge, excitement taking hold of her momentarily. Her legs seemed to want to move on their own, and they took her in no direction in particular. Before she knew it, Ria was somewhere else, at the very edge of Trevenant's Rest. Once she realized where she was, Ria turned around to face Trevenant's rest, not wanting to ruin the surprise without her new friend. "Cocoa, I'm over here! Let's look together, c'mon!" She called out, shaking with sheer anticipation.

Zara had looked over a basic detail, again.

The Dewott, who was certainly brighter than she was in this sense, had quickly realized that she would have no way to carry any items. Despite what the Murkrow may've thought, the bandana would not suffice. Pulling a satchel (adapted for quadruped Pokémon) off of a shelf, he offered it to the mangy Litleo… for a price of course. "You're going to need one of these. Unfortunately, they're hard to come by, so I'm going to have to ask for… let's say, 30 Poké?" While that was about 5 Poké overpriced, he wasn't lying about them being hard to come by.

The Litleo, not too happy with this, begrudgingly nudged the 50 Poké coin closer with her snout, bitterly accepting that he was correct.

In the end, she walked out with the bandana tied around her neck, the bag, and two Oran berries (a package deal) with 10 Poké left over. As much as she wanted to use it, she may need it later.

Taking a deep breath, rolling her shoulders to adjust to the weight of the bag, she started forward, finally ready to take the final trek to the Evolution Grounds.

Lick, comb, smooth the fur. Spread her claws, cleanse them of sand. Lick, comb, smooth the fur. Ignore the acrid salty bite. Lick, comb, smooth the fur. Dig out that knot, squelch the life out of that parasite. Lick, comb, smooth the fur. Lick, comb, smooth the fur. Spread a paw atop her ears, nag at the unruly mat of ribbons, smooth them so that they could fly again. Lick the paw, wash her face, lick the paw, feel it comb her whiskers of debris so that they felt the slightest shift of wind across their sensitive hairs. Smooth the fur beneath the straps, lick, comb until satisfied.

A daily ritual, an hourly ritual of the batty cat as her stormy eye rolled in its socket, dark red leaking from its pupil, a cleanser not only of sand and salt but of her cobwebbed mind, so that for once it felt clear of all thought and feeling and Jupiter simply was. With a final comb of the fur on her chest, she stood, shook her glossy coat, and strolled from her seat with all the gracefulness of a gust of wind, meandering through the streets. Her tail was raised high, subtly swinging the scythe-like tip, and she would have seemed just a cat if not for the rolling of her drunken eye that focused eerily upon those that she passed, an alarm bell warning that something wasn't quite right.

Ah, but nothing was ever quite right, so what did it matter?

Jupiter cast a glance around the battered town, already cross with the wind as it dulled her coat's fought for sheen. The batty cat had acquired a good amount of vanity, despite the constant tufts and tangles and curls within her snake like fur, for she liked to pretend she was a proud cat, and she kept her coat clean as any prideful cat would. Besides, it felt good to be clean, especially with her whiskers, for when they were pestered by debris it was as if a whole sense had been clogged, so unnatural was it to not sense the slightest shift in the air or feel the coolness of the shadows, like a stony wall pressing its palm against her cheek.

It seemed the Litleo she'd seen thought something else of its mangy coat, so tattered it appeared as if the fur itself had grown cross at the number of head on fights it had encountered. Head on was a silly strategy, thought the batty cat. Not even a strategy at sll, she supposed. Fighting just by fighting. Where was the fun in that?

Ah, well, it seemed that there where some advantages in such a style, for although the cat had missed the most of the battle, she'd seen the bird fly off, it's feathers in tatters, and knew that the outcome had ended in the cub's favor. How queer, the cat thought, how queer indeed. Had it been luck or brute force? Some small decision gone wrong for the bird, or an act of acute calculation by the cub?

The mystery intrigued Jupiter, its details swirling and fogging the cat's mind until she could think of no else, and so she had set about grooming her fur, for it had grown all mussed and her thoughts were all fogged and it simply wouldn't do. Satisfied with the session of vanity, the cat was in the process of searching again for the target of inquiry, and it wasn't long before she spotted the cub leaving a shop across the rickety boardwalk street.

Slinking so as to surprise the cub, the batty cat leaped in and out of the shadows, beneath the crowd and across the street, her mind, as it always seemed to be, so foggy that it became like that of a child's, only able to focus on one thing. And so her thoughts slipped up into view one by one, pushing out the others into the cobwebs of her ransacked mind, and she forgot completely about the task at hand--that of her journey--and instead became obsessed with the cub. And while she pondered without really pondering, Jupiter prowled softly across the street, her mind framed upon the single mystery of the creature.

With one last bound off of a board that clattered beneath her paws and splintered into her velvetine pads, Jupiter landed upon in front of the mangy cub as she walked out of town, intercepting the creature in such a manner that her stormy eye seemed to stare right into the cub's head before Jupiter turned, seating herself with a flick of her soiled paws.

"You know, you really should clean that coat of yours," declared the cat with a gritty tinge to her nonchalant voice, fangs flashing bone white as she tugged a splinter out of her paw. Emerald eye glistening, she stared at the cub, her red eye rolling away from its companion, it's color leaking from the pupil like a bleeding storm.

"And no, I'm not part of a clan, and I'm not here to steal your stuff. Probably. I've got a bag and everything," she declared with a sort of prideful tint to her voice, puffing out her chest and displaying the carefully engineered quadroped travel bag, the wind tugging at her ears. The batty cat waved her tail in the air and snickered gleefully, showing her teeth with a curl of her lips as if she were grinning.

"Nice battle." She added with a glint of her teeth. "Well, probably."

Crystal tried to get out of the vines, but was stuck. She closed her eyes, ignoring everything those dumb cats are saying (her opinion). She looked competely given up and fainted out. "Perfect! Now we can get the other puny horse in there too!" A Purugly said, laughing joyously.

As Shira did hear a bit of words from Crystal earlier, also hearing what the Purugly said earlier, she walked over to the sound, steps not heard.
She saw Crystal strapped to some vines on the tree, and no cats could be heard or seen anywhere. "Crystal!? Wake up!" she exclaimed. Crystal still had her eyes closed. "Shira?" she asked herself in her mind. She looked completely fainted, but her eyes were closed very shut, no blinks.

"You'll pay for this!!!" Shira shouted out, looking around for the cats. Four Glameows, and One Purugly appeared. Shira attacked first with Dig, combined with Fire Spin out of then, hit on the Purugly.

The steady waves battered the shore as the Litleo made her way to the clan territory. The salt air stung her eyes, but that was the least of her problems at the moment.

Blistering hot sand scorched Zara's paws as she continued, taking a brief rest on the worn wood of the boardwalk-like path before continuing once more. This was going to be a long journey, most likely with no one to speak to, unless that sorry excuse for a bird decided to come back to get his tailfeathers kicked again.

Unfortunately, Zara learned quickly that you should be careful what exactly you wished for. Sooner rather than later, she had gotten a visitor.
With one last bound off of a board that clattered beneath her paws and splintered into her velvetine pads, Jupiter landed upon in front of the mangy cub as she walked out of town, intercepting the creature in such a manner that her stormy eye seemed to stare right into the cub's head before Jupiter turned, seating herself with a flick of her soiled paws.

"You know, you really should clean that coat of yours," declared the cat with a gritty tinge to her nonchalant voice, fangs flashing bone white as she tugged a splinter out of her paw. Emerald eye glistening, she stared at the cub, her red eye rolling away from its companion, it's color leaking from the pupil like a bleeding storm.

"And no, I'm not part of a clan, and I'm not here to steal your stuff. Probably. I've got a bag and everything," she declared with a sort of prideful tint to her voice, puffing out her chest and displaying the carefully engineered quadroped travel bag, the wind tugging at her ears. The batty cat waved her tail in the air and snickered gleefully, showing her teeth with a curl of her lips as if she were grinning.

"Nice battle." She added with a glint of her teeth. "Well, probably."
The cub should've been prepared for a ambush, as that's exactly what cats do best: sneaking.

"Should've" was the fire-type's key word.

Zara jumped back with a yelp, not expecting the dark type cat to appear so… suddenly. Luckily, she wasn't on the blistering hot, loose, sand, so her paws were able to quickly gain traction. Unfortunately, the cost for not falling over was a, rather painful, shaft of wood embedding itself in her paw. After the initial wince, the lion Pokémon opted to deal with it later in a place less… flammable. Rather than tugging it out, she could simply burn it. What could possibly go wrong?

The Litleo shifted her green-eyed gaze back to the newcomer, inspecting her carefully. Zara assumed the Pokémon was a she, if the Purrlion's tone of voice and vain attitude were anything to go by.

Gender debate aside, the Pokémon wasn't like any Purrlion Zara had ever seen. Her gaze was offset, most likely due to the bicoloured eyes that rolled lazily in their sockets, her fur stroked to a pristine edge. The Pokémon's tail was scythe like, looking rather dangerous, and the only thing more stuck up than her attitude were the points of her ears, which were almost lynx like in appearance.

Immediately after what the Purrlion said registered, the Litleo scowled. "I can do whatever the heck I want with my fur, thank you," she spat, smoothing a rough tuft with her paw (to the best of her ability) to prove her point.

What she said next unnerved the cub, to say the least.

It wasn't nessicarily the words that had come out of her mouth rather than what had happened afterwards. The fact that she wasn't a clan cat and (probably) wasn't a thief was good, but something seemed wrong with her face. The pupil of her red eye spun away, as if out of the cat's control, and promptly began to slowly lose its pigment as if it were bleeding. Zara didn't know how to respond, instead just settling for a generic comment.

"Is… there a problem?" she questioned, the hostility in her voice not yet fully alleviated. The cub was certainly concerned, could the Purrlion even see? In the next few seconds, all sympathy was lost with her next comment.

"Probably?" she asked rhetorically. "At least I know how to fight, you look like you haven't been in a single battle in your life!" in the cub's mind, this wasn't rude. In fact, it was just stating the obvious. The Purrloin looked like she relied more on stealth (evidentially) rather than brawn, and her fur was too… clean to have gotten into any scuffles. However, the Litleo quickly realized what she'd said wasn't entirely true.

"At least… not any that were head-on."

The Purrloin chuckled, somehow amused by the creature that stood before her, pulling her lips up and flashing her teeth in a stone white grin. Wind surged over the two felines, mussing with the Purrloin's groomed coat until it writhed like a bed of snakes and tugging at her ribbon like ears. She waved her tail subtly in the air as the cub finished speaking, tilting her head to the right, her stormy eye rolling in its socket as if to follow the tilt to her head. The wind roared with a sudden swell then died, and the batty feline voiced the thoughts that emerged into her mind as its whistle died down to a whisper, addressing each comment the cub made one by one, as only seemed to be fitting.

''And you look as if you've been in too many,'' the Purrloin mused, curling her nose so as to flick a grain of sand out of her whiskers. The dark red eye rolled, and its emerald green brother paused in staring at the cub to observe its owner, eyeing the dully shining coat that had already begun to lose its sheen to the wind and casting a glance over her raised paw as, for just a moment, she showed the long, curved, bony white claws creep out of the velveteen pads. ''I suppose you're right. I do look too clean to have been in a scuffle.'' She paused, raising her head high with a giggle, the soft skin of her throat stretched and exposed. Her body was doing the job of lying for her, deceiving those who looked to fight with a visage of a soft, inexperienced creature. How simply wonderful.

Granted, what the cub said was partially true. Many days had slunk past in which she hadn't really done much fighting at all, and those rare fights that did occur were, in fact, never head on, for the cat just despised such a blunt approach. Better to lie and better to deceive. Oh, what the storybook characters would think of her now. Would she be the villain behind their stained glass eyes?

Still, the Purrloin found comfort in the knowledge of the many fights she had won and in the swiftness of her paw and the nimble structure of her thin frame, for many a time had she dashed in with a status move before the foe could blink an eye. Just to solidify her soundness of mind, she struck out the paw that still hung in the air and watched as her claws glinted, scoring across the brittle wooden path, moving as swift as a coiled snake's strike. Satisfied, she spoke, retracting her claws, seeming to talk more to herself and less to the creature in front of her.

''Nope.''

And she raised her head and cocked it again.

''I only said probably because I didn't actually see much of it.'' The cat added, flicking her scythe-like tail. ''Distracted, or something. And nope. No problem. No problem at all. Maybe. Probably. Is there a problem? There might be a problem. If there was a problem would you mind me coming with you? Because I certainly could make a problem if that's what we need here.'' A pause, incredibly brief. ''I'd like to follow you. You're going somewhere. Somewhere is interesting.''

Blunt as ever, rambling out her every thought. A pause, a flick of the ear. A thought cemented in her cobwebbed brain.

''No, wait, I was going somewhere, you were just interesting. But you're also going somewhere. Maybe our somewheres are the same somewheres.''

And the wind surged with a bellow to whisk away her voice as the Purrloin flicked her tail and stared at the creature before her, red eye rolling lazily in its socket. Her mouth hung ajar as if she were to speak, but instead she just rolled her tongue over her fangs, feeling the bitter tang of salt upon her taste buds, and awaited for the creature before her to say something.

That was the proper way to speak to someone, correct?

Aside from those for money and food, she hadn't had many of these conversation thingys in awhile. Not that Jupiter really cared. Talking could be fun, but it held little merit to the feline. After all, it had been a long time since she'd told of anything but lies or half truths. The cat only expected the same in return.

Cocoa followed before he had spaced out for a moment. He was watching his bag sway side to side, kind of like how a flag did. He shook his head and shouted, "Coming!"
He ran quickly, attempting to catch up to the Skiddo. However, he tripped and started rolling instead of running. He rolled into Ria before getting launched and falling on his stomach. He got up and shook his face before opening his eyes to seeing a scary purple spiked plant.
"Nopenopenopenopenopenope.." Cocoa backed up shaking his head until he was once again right next to Ria. He let out a sigh of relief before looking at the Skiddo. Realizing what he had done, he looked around nervously for a moment.
"Sorry! Sorry.. Are you okay?" He said guiltily, bowing his head down.

Crystal's flame grew calm and short. Her eyes didn't peek at anything.

As for the attack, the Purugly got weakened very much. The Glameows, well pretty much did a very good attack on Shira, but she was super strong, so she was protected. The Glameows were already in a group and they snarled. "Maybe a group bunched up together isn't a great idea. Spread apart." one Glameow said to the other ones. The other ones did not listen, and they were focused at the moon. Shira mysteriously used Fire Spin, and the Glameows went away.

Now it was between Shira and the Purugly.

Just as Ria was going to call for Cocoa again, she was knocked down onto the ground by the Eevee in question. It didn't hurt very much, no, but it certainly did surprise her quite a bit. Shaking it off, Ria got up, staggering a bit before regaining her balance.

"Sorry! Sorry.. Are you okay?"

Ria's attention turned to Cocoa, who was bowing his head apologetically. For whatever reason, Ria blushed slightly, turning her gaze away from him. "Oh, it's completely fine, Cocoa. I'm not hurt, I-I'm fine," she informed him, her calmer tone faltering for a moment.

She shook her head vigorously, the blush leaving her face, then spun around to face the forest - as well as a strange spiked purple plant. Don't suppose this is a Colbur Berry? I mean, if it was, that'd be great, but I'm not taking any chances. Ria thought to herself as she stepped around the plant cautiously. "C'mon, Cocoa! We've got the supplies and stuff, so let's go! Haha~!" She called back to the Eevee, humming to herself as she walked around the plant in circles.

Cocoa let out a sigh of relief before he followed Ria quietly. He walked behind Ria as he watched the terrain quickly turn from green to a purplish black. Instead of being scared, he was only getting more and more excited. He started to examine the plants, seeing some that even kind of looked like purple Pecha Berries! He quietly picked the berry before returning to Ria. He then noticed some kind of paw prints. Crouching down, Cocoa sniffed the paws.
"Hey Ria, what Pokémon is this?" Cocoa said pointing towards the print. It looked rather fresh too. He stretched slightly and felt a small wince of pain. He had never walked that much before so this was new to him.

Ria stopped in her tracks to grant Cocoa her attention. He was pointing to a set of paw prints that were unfamiliar to her.

"Hey Ria, what Pokémon is this?"

"Well, they aren't mine, are they? I don't remember going over there, but if I did, then there ya go." Ria responded with a chuckle.

Without a second to waste, she quickly walked over to the paw prints and examined them. No doubt, they were larger than hers, not to mention they weren't even the right shape to be hers. Ria took a closer look at them, sniffing them a bit. Her mother had mentioned Teddiursa and Ursaring families living in the areas surrounding Trevenant's Rest, but wasn't sure whether or not they were really there. Then Ria thought about the ghosts that Cocoa had mentioned earlier. The sheer thought of ghosts brought fear to her mind, making her back away from the footprints and shiver for a second. Wait, Cocoa has no clue what I'm doing! I don't want to worry him. Ria thought, realizing her sudden shivering would look a bit suspicious or worrisome to others. "Oh, sorry, I got a bit cold, that's all. Um..." Ria thought, lying through her teeth before pausing to think about what the footprints could've been from. "My mama said something about Ursaring and Teddiursas being here, but she didn't know for sure. Maybe that could be it? If so, we gotta be extra careful!"

Shooting Cocoa a reassuring smile, she turned back around and continued - straight into a tree. Ria collided with the tree head on, falling backwards into a sitting position. She rubbed her head and felt her horns, checking for any major injuries. Her forehead stung a bit, but other than that, she felt okay. A quick shake of the head made her feel a little bit better, though the sting was still present, though it was a smaller pain. "I-I'm okay, no need to worry," Ria said, this time only partially lying as she got up and started to walk.

Let's hope this doesn't get worse. I don't want him to worry about me, and besides, this isn't a huge injury. I should be ay-okay! Ria mentally reassured herself, humming again as she trotted carefully along.

The Purugly used Body Slam quickly after the Fire Spin on Shira, and Shira grew super weak, only a few health remaining from her. Shira quickly attacked with Flame Charge, and the Purugly got weak very much as well. Shira grew in very very (and I mean it) mad anger. She looked back at Crystal, and she looked back at the Purugly right after she looked at her tied sibling on vines, attached to the tree.

She gasped. No one on her side. She would had went with her sister on the dig, but she was dumb, so she only was able to save herself from the cats. She attacked with a Dig with the Fire Spin, and the Purugly was down to the final hit.

"Ehh.. I give up.." The fat and ugly cat said, walking away. "Well, I didn't faint it, but I did save ---. Oh wait. I have to get Crystal out of the vines. I almost forgot." she said. Crystal finally opened her eyes. "Shira, can you get me out of these vines? They hurt badly attached to me.

Shira started using her hind legs to cut the vines.

Cocoa nodded as Ria identified them to be either Ursaring and Teddiursa before quickly following Ria quietly as his eyes darted around anxiously before returning back into his cheerful self.

Cocoa yawned as they walked. They hadn't really talked much but he didn't know what to ask. He looked up at Ria for a moment before looking back down. He didn't even really think too much about the adventure. What was he going to evolve into? He looked back up and stared at Ria with curiosity.
She looks so... wait can she see?
Cocoa quickly shook his head before he looked back down and thought for a moment. He let out a small sneeze before looking back up and realizing that it was starting to get dark. However, the already black surroundings made it even harder to see. Looking around, the trees seemed thick and the bushes made it seem too dangerous to travel off of the path.
"Should we stop here for the night?" He said in a chirpy voice as he started looking around. "I don't think there are any caves or anything near by, so maybe we should camp out." He added before he started scampering across the dark roots in the forest.

"Camp out? That sounds fun! Let's do that... hm... oh gosh, uh, where do we do that? I hadn't even noticed it was nighttime until you said it," Ria answered, sweatdropping with embarrassment.

She really hadn't realized what time it was. She literally just walked and hummed until night fell. Now, she was focused on finding a suitable camping area. She scouted the area, squinting to increase her sight - to no avail - until she found a semi-clear area. After placing her basket next to Cocoa , she walked over to it and started brushing away the twigs and leaves that were on the ground. Something small stung her foot as she was clearing things away, causing her to yelp quietly in pain as it didn't hurt that much. When she looked at the source of the sting, however, she started to worry a little bit more. It was a small Weedle. She had just swept away it's little makeshift nest, and it stung her in the foot before taking off into a bush. Weedles were known for being poisonous, and as a grass type, Ria was weak to poison type attacks. Rather than hyperventilating and losing her mind, she decided to keep it to herself. Besides, it didn't really hurt her initially, and there was no stinging sensation that she expected out of poison. Instead, she wrapped a large leaf around her foot and shrugged it off. "C'mon, Cocoa. I found a clear spot over here, so grab my basket and c'mon. Now we just gotta... what do we do next?" Ria asked, hissing quietly in pain as she accidentally shifted her weight directly onto the spot of the sting.

Okay, let's hope this doesn't evolve into something worse. My head injury went away, and it's not comin' back, but this could be bad... but I'll be fine so long as it isn't poisoned. Ria couldn't stop thinking about the sting, but she didn't let that stop her. She continued speaking to Cocoa. "Um... I think we should build a shelter? Or does that really matter? We literally could just lay on the ground, though would that be comfortable? Or safe? I dunno. What do you think we should do?" Ria asked, keeping her weight shifted onto the three feet that weren't bandaged.

Cocoa jumped for a moment but then followed Ria. He looked around and shivered slightly.
"We could try to maybe get some leaves and moss to make beds... Oh!" Cocoa pulled out his lighter and smiled. "We can use this to make a fire too! I'll go and get some branches!" He said before he quickly and carefully walked towards a large tree he had seen in the distance.

Cocoa jumped above and across the large roots before he started trying to carry some of the dry fallen sticks. They were a little prickly, but otherwise, it wasn't too bad. The hard part was taking it back. Cocoa started dragging the branches across the floor, creating a noise that sounded like leaves crunching underneath their feet. As Cocoa did however, a feeling of being watched began to grow. He felt a shiver go down his back as he quickly started dragging them back to the original location. He let out a small yelp, having cutting himself on the paw from a spiky thorn, but he shrugged it off. Letting out a satisfied sigh, he looked back up and smiled.
"Do you think this is enough wood?" The Eevee said, pushing the three sticks in front of him. He let out another yawn as he started attempting to paw the fresh moss off of a nearby tree.

Ria nodded at Cocoa's question about the quantity of wood being sufficient. As he went to go get some moss, Ria decided to help. Using her Vine Whip, she managed to scrape large quantities of moss off of the tree. Luckily, she didn't see any fall onto Cocoa. With a sigh of relief, she began to walk over and pick up the moss - or rather, limp over. Her foot started feeling worse and worse. In her mind, Ria kept telling herself it was nothing, that this happens after getting stung or pricked by anything, but there was still some feeling that she couldn't shake. Nevertheless, she braved through it and moved the moss around to become nest-like in shape. After circling around a few times, she lay down on top of it. "Hey, this is kinda comfy," she muttered aloud, getting back up.

Ria looked towards Cocoa, but what she saw was... blurry. It seemed as if everything in her field of view blurred significantly, and she had an idea why. Poison... oh no... Ria made a motion to run for her basket, but instead of running, she flopped onto the ground with a decently loud thud sound. Her energy was fading fast. "Cocoa... basket... berry... hurry..." she managed to say through breaths.

That Weedle's poison was certainly fast acting once it got into the system properly. It didn't help at all that Ria was a grass type and therefore weak to poison. She hated having Cocoa worry, but this was bad. She couldn't precisely remember if any Pecha Berries were in her basket, but she remembered buying Heal Powder. If it could cure poison, she'd be saved, but if not, she'd be doomed. That is, unless Cocoa had other ideas, because in that moment, all of Ria's focus went into staying conscious.

After some minutes of getting Crystal out of the vines, Crystal was finally freed from the tree and vines. The vines were tight though, so it took awhile. "Yes!!! I'm finally free. Thanks Shira!" Crystal said, happy that she was out of there. They started walking.
"I have a confession to make.." Crystal said to Shira. "Yes Crystal, what is it?" Shira replied. "Well, I should go back home. This wasted a lot of time, and you deserve to evolve now.. I'll bet you will find someone who can help you though the rest of the way." Crystal said. "No!! You don't have to!" Shira said.

"I have to, or I will be in big danger." Shira said, trotting to the journey to home.

Cocoa watched in awe as Ria had quickly gathered a huge amount of moss. He smiled happily and was about to say something right before Ria collapsed. He quickly went over into Ria's bag and took out a small sack that seemed to contain a greenish herbal powder. Cocoa coughed at the smell but he quickly went back over to Ria, untying the bag. He looked around for something that could help Ria eat the powder. He then noticed a berry inside of his own bag. He quickly grabbed a random berry that looked like a heart and mashed it up inside of a leaf. He sprinkled a quarter of the powder onto it before he sat next to Ria with concern.

"Here, try eating this.." He said as he nudged the leaf closely the Ria. He let out a concerned sigh and then looked away.

"Your going to be okay.. right?" Cocoa murmured quietly. He felt uneasy as he looked around. The feeling he had felt before didn't go away. It felt as if eyes were piercing into the back of his head whenever he looked away. A low growl began to rumble in his throat as he stood carefully. He waited for the feeling to die down a little before sitting back down with a sigh and looking back over to Ria with concern.

As Cocoa nudged a leaf closer to Ria, she couldn't help but sniff it. It had a mash of some sort in it, and was topped with some green powder. She immediately assumed that the green powder was the Heal Powder that she had bought, but the mash was something she wasn't familiar with. It did smell decently safe, so she ate it. It wasn't very close to her, so she had to move a bit closer, but she got it.

Almost immediately, the pain in her foot lowered significantly. She could see properly once again, and while she was still tired, she wasn't as tired as she was previously. She shakily stood up, and greeted Cocoa with a warm smile. "Cocoa, don't worry... I'll be fine now. I should've done something earlier, I feel kinda stupid," she said as she leaned closer to him, a solemn expression of her face. "A Weedle stung me earlier, and I didn't do anything about it, and then this happened... I'm sorry, that won't happen again."

Ria hung her head, hoping that Cocoa wasn't angry at her for not doing anything sooner. She felt pretty stupid for not acting sooner, and it caused a scene, one that made Cocoa worry. "Really, I... I'm sorry, Cocoa. Tell ya what. Whatever you want, I'll do. Answer a question, get something, do something, anything. I want to make up for causing a scene, so... you name it, I do it. Kay?" She asked, a soft smile appearing on her face as she looked at the Eevee that sat beside her.

Cocoa looked at Ria before he let out a sniffle and stood up. He walked slowly over to Ria and pushed his head onto what looked like leafs before he began to let out small sobs.

"Don't.. do that.. again..." Cocoa said, looking up and revealing a look of fear and worry. He looked back over to his friend's leg before he let out a whine. Watching Ria collapse... scared him. It was only the first day and something bad had already happened. He let out a sigh before he wiped away his tears and quietly started stacking the sticks he had found earlier to form a tent like structure. He pushed some rocks around the sticks before taking out a lighter out of his small bag and lit one of the sticks, creating a small flame as it slowly began to spread. He shivered before started trying to form beds with the large amounts of moss that Ria had knocked off of the trees. He patted the moss down before he sat and watched as the embers from the sticks slowly began to spread.

Sorry for being so late, I just now realized there was a page 2 on the discussion board which had my approval on it XD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gemma sat in the grass of Regirock Desert, bored. She stared up at the sky, unsure what to do. She was in the middle of the desert: what could she do? ( OOC: Contemplating making a sandstorm so I can get out of Regirock Desert, but unsure whether I should ) She had a sudden thought about escaping. Escape? How? She had heard rumors of caves underground that show up after sandstorms, but she'd need gear, and to get gear she would need money, and to get money she would have to get a job, and to get a job she needed to talk. Nope. Not happening. She'd sigh, looking up at the clouds once more.

"Cocoa... I-I... I won't, I-I promise."

Ria looked at Cocoa, blushing ever so slightly as he cried into her mane of leaves. She hurt her friend by getting hurt, and the first day of their adventure wasn't even over. It legitimately made her feel horrible. She had to do something, anything to make things right. Walking over to him, being careful not to shift her weight onto her hurt foot, she sat beside the Eevee and looked at him. He was crying just seconds ago, sobbing at her foolish actions. Now he was just watching the fire he had made himself. "Hey... Cocoa," Ria said quietly, leaning closer to him, "I feel really bad, I didn't mean to worry you. I... I wanna do something to make up for making you feel bad, and making you cry. I want you to be happy, and this isn't... just..."

With a sigh, Ria laid herself down next to Cocoa, not sure of what to do. "If there is anything you want me to do, to say, to answer, then tell me. I hate seeing others cry, and it makes me feel like garbage when I know that I'm the reason behind it. Whatever it is you want me to do, tell me and it's done." Ria said, looking up at Cocoa from her laid down position on the moss bed.

She shifted around next to him, making herself a bit more comfortable on the bed of moss before turning her gaze to the embers, to the fire that Cocoa had lit. It felt warm, a warmth that Ria liked. On top of that, she was close enough to Cocoa to be touching him, and although she probably would never admit it, she liked the warmth that he provided as well. It was comfortable, being near someone who actually cared enough to literally save her life. With a smile, she looked back up at Cocoa and asked again. "What can I do for you?"

Cocoa blinked for a moment and wiped away his last tear. Thinking for a moment, he looked down and threw a pine cone into the fire, watching it flicker with a beautiful orange. Cocoa let out a yawn before he rolled a little closer to Ria.

"Can you sing a song?" Cocoa said looking up to Ria. He used his tail as a pillow and let out a little sneeze. The feeling of being watched had completely disappeared. He let out a sigh of relief before he looked back at his friend's paw. He took a little bit of the remaining berry mixture and rubbed it lightly on the red spot.
"Does it still hurt?" Cocoa said with a slight amount of worry. He wanted to help as much as he could.

Last edited:
Ria hissed lightly as Cocoa rubbed some berry mash on her foot. His intentions were good, and it did alleviate the pain, but it did hurt initially as he touched it. After the lain subsided, she smiled at him. "No, it doesn't hurt any more." Ria told him, bowing her head slightly with gratitude.

Then she thought a bit about Cocoa'd request. He wanted Ria to sing a song, which was sweet, but what song to sing? She said she'd do anything he asked, so she had to sing, but the specific dong to sing wasn't said. Searching through her mental list of songs, she finally settled on the song she had been humming for a while that day. She cleared her throat, closed her eyes, and began singing the song.

"Ah, the swift gale of wind will carry us there!..." Ria finished her song, opening her eyes once more to look at Cocoa. "So, how was that? It's a song my mother sang to me when I was little, and I thought it would be nice to sing now. If you didn't like it, I'll do something else."

Cocoa had shifted closer to her, increasing the warmth she felt by a bit. Again, she would never say it, but it felt really comfortable to have someone who cared this much about her so close to her. A warm smile spread across her face as she looked back down to Cocoa, considering she was taller even when laying down.

Cocoa smiled happily and looked up towards Ria. "Your a really good singer! The song was great too!" He said happily before yawning once more. He wasn't used to walking so much in a day so he was really tired. He stared at the now strong burning fire before his eyes slowly began to drift closed.
"Goodnight Ria...." Cocoa murmured with his eyes closed. He enjoyed listening to the fire crack softly and the song that Ria and sang seemed to circle in his mind before disappearing as he fell asleep.

~Dream~
Cocoa looked around in his dream. He was standing at the top of a mountain and below him was the large forest. He sat and watched as snow began to slowly drift down. However, when the snow fell, it would leave a tiny sparkle of blue. He continued to watch and as it began to snow harder, different kinds of color started to come from the sparkles. He giggled and tried to catch the snowflakes, causing them to turn brown, just like him. He raced around, trying to catch as many as he could before he fell into the snow, laughing.