• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Pokémon Dream // Discussion

Roleplay: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-pokemon-dream-roleplay.20601/

Now private due to a lot of members already! ♥

You enter a once in a lifetime competition to journey through the regions and find your most wanted Pokémon. And one day.. you receive the letter.

"Dear (name),
Thank you for entering 'The Pokémon Dream'. We are glad to inform you that you've been put forward as a winner. In the last draw, your name was pulled and you are now ready to find your favourite Pokémon. We wish you luck with your journey. Please look below for details."

It tells you to go to Oak's lab and collect your supplies. You will be given a various pile of berries, a Ride Pager from Alola, Pokéballs and a map each.

As a whole, this role play is just a fun journey to collect teams, Pokémon and create bonds with our characters. Maybe we could even battle some gyms along the way. Your Pokémon will get stronger and evolve if you choose along the way, as well.

Rules: (ugh, i know..)
-You should only use legendary, mythical and ultra beast Pokémon if you have permission from both me and the admins.
-You may start with any Pokémon of your choice.
-Swearing is okay.
-Romance is okay, just don't get too into it. (Obviously!)
-Don't catch Pokémon too fast, it's a journey, you've got all the time in the world to do it.
-You may have shinies.

Bios:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Chosen favourite Pokémon:
(You will get this later in the role play when you see fit)

Pokémon:
(Choose one to start with, it may be any!)
Moves: (As I said, not over powered.)

Name: Skylar Cosmos
Clothing: A stripy pink crop top with a white jacket, light blue denim shorts and pink sneakers.
Appearance: Blonde hair around her waist length, fair white skin and blue eyes.
Personality: Skylar has a kind, caring and loving personality. She will try to be friends with anyone, and will not stand by if someone isn't being nice.
Chosen favourite Pokémon: Alolan Ninetails.

Pokémon: Alolan Meowth.
Moves:
-Fake out
-Fury Swipes
-Bite
-Screech

If you have any ideas, please post them below!

Last edited:

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Name: Asterope Himore (pronounced: as-TER-oh-pea him-ORE-rae).
Clothing: Dark brown T-shirt with a sparkly brown-ish cream trim, a gold ¾ length skirt with a silver floral pattern on and light blue shoes with black and white laces.
Appearance: About 1.5 metres tall, pale skin, hazel eyes and slightly longer than shoulder length light brown wavy hair brushed back.
Personality: Quite bold and rambunctious; she enjoys playing games and talking to people, but has trouble making a conversation go on for very long.
Chosen favourite Pokémon: Shiny Pichu.

Pokémon:
Hawlucha.
Moves: Detect, Tackle, Quick Guard, Bulk Up.

Name: Asterope Himore (pronounced: as-TER-oh-pea him-ORE-rae).
Clothing: Dark brown T-shirt with a sparkly brown-ish cream trim, a gold ¾ length skirt with a silver floral pattern on and light blue shoes with black and white laces.
Appearance: About 1.5 metres tall, pale skin, hazel eyes and slightly longer than shoulder length light brown wavy hair brushed back.
Personality: Quite bold and rambunctious; she enjoys playing games and talking to people, but has trouble making a conversation go on for very long.
Chosen favourite Pokémon: Shiny Pichu.

Pokémon:
Hawlucha.
Moves: Detect, Tackle, Quick Guard, Bulk Up.
Thanks for joining! You're accepted!
I think it'll be nice to role play with you! :)

Name: Mariona Roselia
Clothing: Red shirt and red miniskirt. Black stockings and red shoes. Carry a red sling bag.
Appearance: Blond hair. Twintails. Crimson eyes (Contact). White skin.
Personality: Independent. Hate to rely on others. Kind to pokemon.
Chosen favourite Pokémon: Alolan Ninetail

Pokémon: Fenrir (Fennekin) male
Moves:
-Scrath
-Tail Whip
-Ember

Other
-Fenrir wore a red bowtie.

Name: Jayce Hull

Clothing:Jayce wears a blue shirt and black pants plus sunglasses to protect his eyes

Appearance:Jayce has short, straight black hair, green eyes and white skin ... he has a scar on his right hand due to the attack of a pokemon ...

Personality: Jayce is a bit carefree and lazy .... he likes to sleep for a long time and relax in the sun ... but when it comes to pokemon battles his attitude changes completely ... he becomes cold and calculating trying to find the best strategy to win ..... Although despite everything he is a very easy person to impress
Chosen favourite Pokémon: Noivern

Pokémon: Salandit

Moves: -Poison Gas
-Ember
-Scratch
-Dragon Rage

I may as well join.

Name: Oliver Thompson (Ollie)
Clothing: Ollie normally wears a light-blue t-shirt, light-brown shorts, and red tennis shoes. When he isn't wearing this, he wears a red hoodie.
Appearance: Ollie is 4'00 tall, and has messy brown hair. His left eye is dark brown, and his right eye is dark blue.
Personality: Ollie is a kind kid who loves raising Pokemon. He hates seeing them hurt, and often will take abused Pokemon he finds with him on his journey.
Chosen Favorite Pokemon: Shiny Umbreon.
Pokemon: Solar. (Eevee)
Moves: Baby Doll Eyes, Tackle, Sand Attack, Tail Whip.

Name: Amelia Rouxls (Pronounced 'Rules')
Clothing: Amelia wears a white t-shirt with a picture of chocolate cake on it. She wears blue jean shorts, and black and white checkered slip on's. Black socks are under these shoes.
Appearance: Amelia is 5'7, and has fair white skin. They have blue eyes and blonde curly hair in a bob-cut.
Personality: Amelia is very childish for her age, and has a lot of determination. She's way too overexcited and annoying. She also insist that life MUST be a musical and signs often. She also insist she's the villain. However, she CAN be serious when encountering somebody who has hurt somebody else on high scale.
Chosen Favorite Pokemon: Claydol
Pokemon: Flip-Flops (Magicarp, Lvl 17)
Moves:
-Splash
-Bounce (Through training)

Last edited by a moderator:
If something need to be changed in my Battle Bond (Custom Transformation), then I really would like to know.

Name: Thomas Skyscale
Clothing: Thomas wears white hoodie and black shirt with a mark of Skyscale Corporation. He also wears black jeans and red trousers.
Appearance: He is 5'11 tall, well-builed with pale skin. He has Dark brown hair and turquoise eyes.
Personality: He is calm and kind person. He may be kinda shy as he never had a human friend. He may seem cold but he's a really good boy. He really like to spend time with his pokemons and in playing on his guitar. He has a sweet-tooth and he may be very childish, when he have Opportunity to eat something sweet.
Chosen favourite Pokémon: Kommo-o

Pokémon: Trapinch (M)
Moves:
- Bite
- Rock Tomb
- Bulldoze
- Mud-Slap
Battle Bond (?): Thomas and Trapinch have a truly strong Bond between them. Thomas hadn't any other friends than Trapinch so far and they are friends for a really long time. As their Bond will be even stronger day by day, they reach a battle bond.
main-qimg-a3b981be85c20dbca66e7a9001c579f2.png
- Battle Bond mainly increases the strength of Dragon Claw and Dragon Rush moves by 1.15

Extra:
- If someone would think, Why I made a pokemon with battle bond, it's just becouse, I wanted and I asked earlier on conv. if I can.
-Sorry, if you had problem with my grammar, I had a hard day and headache till now.
- Thomas was born in quite rich and renowed family, becouse of them he hadn't any human friend and he spend time only with his Trapinch.
-I wanted to make a shiny Trapinch at first, but... Let's be serious, it would be already too much:'|;)

trainercard-Thomas .png

Last edited:
Name: Zane Jackson
Clothing: Black T shirt underneath a light Grey opened trench coat that reaches his knees with fur linings, Blue jeans, Black shoes, a light Grey fedora and a Purple scarf.
Appearance: Somewhat Pale skin, Baby blue eyes and Medium smooth Silver hair.
Personality: Stoic, but kind, Zane isn't the kind of person who likes to see people upset, while he may not look like someone who hold a high amount of confidence, that doesn't stop him from doing what must be done. He acts in a more kind manner toward females and likes peace and quiet. He has a sweet tooth and keeps a few sweets in his coat and hates losing and loud noises.
Chosen favorite Pokémon: Garchomp

Pokémon:
Golett (Shiny)
Moves: Rollout, Shadow Punch, Iron Defence, Stomping Tantrum

Last edited:
Oh my gosh.. I wasn't expecting so many people, thank you so much! Pleasure to role play with you all, new and old!
AW452422_02.gif

@GarchompBedtMonFitMe The bow tie sounds cute! Accepted! Also, I chose Alolan Ninetails, aswell, but if need be, I might even change that later on so we don't have the same Pokemon, don't change yours, it's fine.

@big chungus Welcome in, meme guy! You're accepted!

@Lillipup07 Great! I love Eevee, and Shiny Umbreon is really cool! Accepted!

@Blotch'd Magikarp! :D Accepted, my friend!

@Clite of Dragonbow Accepted! Make sure your unique battle bond doesn't give you an unfair advantage to other Pokemon, though!

@Red Gallade Great to have you here! That starter is very nice! Accepted!

@PrincessPika You already know you're in :3

Starting on this amazing note.. I'll open the role play soon! Do you all want it now? Because that I can do!

Also, can I ask where everyone's chars are gonna be starting off alongside a possibility on how they'll meet?
So, we'll basically start off in our homes getting the winners letter, then we'll all pack our things and take a trip to see Professor Oak in his lab in Kanto. He'll give us the supplies from there and then we'll be free to explore, find Pokemon, and basically just have fun doing whatever we want, I'll need help with ideas for everything, though

You can be from wherever you like, even if you don't want to live in Kanto. You can just say you made the journey over!

And me being the bad owner, I never put the 'Hometown' in your bios. I am sorry, xD

Sorry, I’ve been a bit busy to post recently, I’ll post as soon as I can

If you guys want, you can head into the lab and control Oak yourself, he’ll basically just greet everyone and give us some berries, Pokeballs and a ride pager for the journey. That’s if you don’t want to wait for everyone to arrive.

Last edited:
After seeing the Kanto map, it'll be quite the walk for my char to meet up with yours given how far Vermillion and Viridian are from each other. Of curse he could always take transport, but still.

After seeing the Kanto map, it'll be quite the walk for my char to meet up with yours given how far Vermillion and Viridian are from each other. Of curse he could always take transport, but still.
You could say you take transport and go to the lab together, could be nice for your OC to meet someone already!

Well, since my pokemon has type-weakness against yours, I don't mind losing. How do you want to do this? Role playing it out? (3-4 post should do the trick) Or only one of write the battle out?

I'd say maybe more than one post each to help keep the RP alive a bit more, although we should try to be a bit more creative with our moves and how our Pokemon use them to spice things up a little bit.

It's gonna be a little while until I do, because I need to think of a good response. (And I'm going for a lil' walk to get some fresh air as well)

Any ideas on cool places to go? We could catch Pokèmon or just explore the Kanto region before moving on, I had just planned maybe we could check into the hotel for the night later, but we don’t have to do that right now if you don’t want to