• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Pokecharms RPG

• That's right, I'm making a Pokecharms RPG. Hopefully.

Okay, so the plot is a little shakey, but I think the basic structure will be as follows.

Pokecharms has fallen into extreme disrepair. The mods and admins aren't banning the n00bs anymore, and seem to be solely going after the regular members. Warnings are being handed out for the smallest misdeed, banning them before they have a chance to defend themselves. N00bs have flooded the streets, emptying into main districts, forcing regulars to flee into buildings and alleyways, trying to escape the horde. Some regulars have left, while others stay behind to fight. Those that have stayed to fight realize what they must do. Fight against the mods and admins.

Unfortunately, their powers have been confiscated, forcing them back to basic abilities. Only a small handful of Charmisians are still around, and those that are continue to be hunted down. Their purpose is to stop the onslaught and answer the questions that seem unanswerable.

Why are the mods and admins doing this?
    Can they be stopped?
    What will happen to 'Charms?

This is your task. Go forth and defend Pokecharms! Defend it until the light shines through and the city is restored to its former glory!

So. What I need first is the following:

• A public opinion of seven of the Charmisians that should be included. (My ego demands that I be in this, unfortunately.)
    • A form from those people deciding what they are going to look like, a class, a weapon, and an outline for their skillsets.
    • The same form from all Mods and Admins, including KoL and Magpie, but no classes.
    • An artist to draw up these Charmisians in battle form, along with a group of faces for text boxes.
    LATER, I'll need the following:

[*]A spriter to sprite up the individual images of the Mods, Admins, and nine (:o) Charmisians.

[*]Potentially a music writer for the battle themes and background music.

[*]Maps for the game, which I'll be making up.

Alright, the following people are decidedly in the game. If your name is bolded, you have turned in your form or it's not needed.

• Doctor Oak
  • Chi
  • Nem
  • Sem
  • StellarWind Elsydeon
  • Blaziken
  • Chibi Tai (MAYBE.)
  • Baratron
  • Yoshimitsu27
  • Ruko
  • KoL
  • Jetters
  • The Blue Avenger
  • Pixeity
  • King of Lucario
  • Silver Magpie

Lotsa people, right?

These are the forms.

Mods/Admins

Appearance:
Weapon:
Skills you want: (Maximum 10, please.)

Charmisians

Appearance:
Weapon: (Axe, Sword, Etc.)
Class: (Please be normal. Warrior, Spearman, Mage, Cleric, etc.)
Skillset: (Just a couple of signature moves. Max. 3 for Clerics, Max. 4 for Mages, Max. 6 for all physical classes.)
Preferred group members: (You might get them, but you might not, too.)

Game's Prgoress thus far:

• Bosses decided on.
  • Boss forms turned in.
  • Boss sprites made.
  • Boss artwork completed.
  • Charmisians decided on.
  • Charmisian groups decided on.
  • Charmisian forms turned in.
  • Charmisian sprites made.
  • Charmisian artwork completed.
  • Music completed. (If needed.)
  • Maps done.
  • Plot bare bones done.
  • Plot outline completed.
  • Game progression outlined.
  • Script completely written.
  • Demo 1 released.
  • Final project released.

Alright. Now that the official stuff is out of the way, we can move onto the real important stuff.

I'd like to know from you guys who you think should be our eight decided Charmisians. I'm one, but only because I think it fair that the creator/orchestrator be involved. Ego-tastic, I know, but let me have my little joy.

Decided:

• Kalseng
  • Reina Carmen
  • Pheonix
  • Shiny Eevee
  • Database

The Charmsians I think should be in there are(in no particular order):

1. Dwayna DF
2. Midnight Shadows
3. Reynald
4. Belle
5. Chibi
6. Rain
7. Virgil

We were supposed to just say who we thought would be good for this, right? Just making sure, still.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
  • Doctor Oak
  • Chi
  • Nem
  • Sem
  • StellarWind Elsydeon
  • Blaziken
  • Chibi Tai (MAYBE.)
  • Baratron
  • Yoshimitsu27
  • Ruko
  • KoL
  • Jetters
  • The Blue Avenger
  • Pixeity
  • King of Lucario
  • Silver Magpie

Lotsa people, right?

... *Ahem* What I am - yesterday's trash? XD

And like I said on the chat, Hax should definitely be in a Charms-based game. He's been here a lot longer than the majority of our current casual members ^^

The only one I can come up with is Chibi. You have to admit that she's pretty creative for a pyro. ;D

I have a question though. Can only the people who are decided take part in the RP? It just doesn't seem right that only the mods and the nine people we choose get to do it. In my opinion, the nine people could be the main people, and anyone who you accept via pm should be able.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
The Charmsians I think should be in there are(in no particular order):

1. Dwayna DF
2. Midnight Shadows
3. Reynald
4. Belle
5. Chibi
6. Rain
7. Virgil

We were supposed to just say who we thought would be good for this, right? Just making sure, still.
At least -some- people give me recognition. D<
But really, Kal. We're all friends here, so I don't exactly see people wanting to have to fight their friends just because they decided to be... -outstanding- people for no good reason. *rolls eyes slightly*
That being said, I don't think I want any part of this.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
What Dway says is right, though Kal kinda just wanted to make a RPG for funs I think. XD

Also, Kal, doesn't 7 seem a bit... little? There are many awesome regulars here, not just 7 "main ones", and I feel really, least to say, awkward choosing only 7 people. Seems quite unfair.

But seeing as I'm already part of this... do I have any say in whether I wanna be in this or not? (To be honest, I'm quite honored that you put me in the list. XD)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
If I was to be a character at all, most likely I'd be an NPC that offers cryptic advice about what's going on and all that, but refuses to be on either side of the war because of moral obligations to parties of both sides.

I agree with Shiny, 7 or 8 seems a bit small, especially since there are so many lovely regulars here. However, since we are talking actual game... thing... here, then I understand why there would need to be limited space.

Because Kalseng harbors a dream of overthrowing the mods and admins, Doc. Obviously.

I say we ban him now, then move on to the rest of the troublesome regular members.

Okay, Kalseng has read everything and has come to the following decision.

Anyone ever played Suikoden here? The one with 108 recruitable characters and some 58 Battlers? I was thinking of that concept. And that the Mods/Admins be playable as well. AS SUCH, the plot would change to something along the lines of...

N00bs are overrunning the internet, creating a hostile environment for all intelligent people. The realm of Pokecharms has become the only safe place for people to reside on the internet, but the n00bs seem to continue flowing in at alarming rates. The mods and admins enlist the help of the 'Charms regulars, using their blunt strength to force them back into the pits of the internet, where they belong. As you advance through horde after horde of n00bs, the Mods and Admins join you in your fight, creating an unstoppable army of 'Charmisians.

Yeah. Thereabouts.

This allows everyone to play as their "Dream team" or to just screw around and put every magically-based character into a group together. Regardless, this means that whoever wants to be in it just has to send me a PM with their info. However, if you don't think you're a fairly integrated member of our community, don't expect a slot in this game. I'm going to remove all Charmisians that have either told me they don't want to be in this game or haven't told me they enjoy the idea. Just send me a PM with the details if you want to be in.

And Battery Man, I highly enjoy that comment. XD

I require Zacky be the weapons NPC and I the Armor NPC. Because you can't go wrong with a Zacky brand weapon and fabulously fashionable armor from me =D

RX, you just made me giggle xD, but it is true though, we do make a great blacksmith team together. =p I say we have our own spots in the rpg character roster AND be teh blacksmith team.

But Kal, I love your idea, and personally, the second one sounds way better then the first, that way those seven people you were choosing over everyone else wouldn't look like you were picking your favorites.

I'll help you in any way I can though in your rpg idea if you want. Expect a pm from me soon for my spot and role in the rpg.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
If we are going to use the second idea instead of the first one, then I'd be happen to join in as one of the playable characters. I'd rather work with my MOD/Admin friends than work against them with my fellow regular members.

However, if we're sticking with the original idea, as I said, I'd probably give cryptic advice and not choose sides, because there's always an NPC that does that.

I have a question.

Is this the project Hax, Rey, and I are working on? I ask this because I'm a little confused. I would love to join, though.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Your idea is interesting Kal, and I do like the revised idea better because it opens up more possibilities for everyone else. If you go with the second one I would be interested in joining :)

No love for Cody D:

It is a good idea, I'll give you that. But... it seems kind of... impossible. There's a whole buncha mods and admins, plus the regulars. Plus any and all NPC's. Then the maps and blarrrrdyblabla.

So uh. Yeah. I guess I'll see where this is going before I make any decisions. Good luck, though.

Thnx for the comment Lucario, warmed the cockles of my heart...before it froze again.

Anyway, Kal, I love your second idea much better than the first, because like everyone else, I believe there are a lot of great people on Charms that deserve a sopt in this, a LOT more than seven. (Zacky & RX ftw!) It allows everyone an equal chance at this, and the mods won't get mad at us. ;)

If we all decide to go with the second one, I'd be beyond honored to join. I'd be breaking down your door to get in here. XD

I have a question.

Is this the project Hax, Rey, and I are working on? I ask this because I'm a little confused. I would love to join, though.

That's our own little thing, dearie ;3

Also I don't think I'd want to be a character. A character of any sort should go through some melodramatic change by the end of the game that will make him/her a better.worse perosn, and I'm not much for change.

Selfish reasons aside, do waht you see fit, but I should think a Pokecharms RPG of this sort should involve anyone who can put a real dent into the story, employing humor, whether it ne his/her own or at his/her expense.

Selfish reasons aside, do waht you see fit, but I should think a Pokecharms RPG of this sort should involve anyone who can put a real dent into the story, employing humor, whether it ne his/her own or at his/her expense.

Oh hai. Kehkehkeh, I do really love the second idea much more, as I could possibly be in it if there's space for someone who doesn't have as many posts as others >>

But yeah, I do believe your second idea is much better, even though it will probably require more work, which makes me feel bad that I can't sprite for my life and so can't exactly help in contributing. Buut, it sounds like fuuun~

That's got me and Zacky all over it! ;)

On to comments for Kalseng, I quite like the idea of a pokecharms RPG, it would definatly give a new feel to pokecharms, but knowing an animator, it could take forever to even get a part of it done. For all we know, I might be in college by the time that happens. However, I fully support the idea and hope to see myself kicking n00b butt! If I'm lucky enough to find a spot amongst the stars like Secad, Chibi, and yourself that is.

Oh yeah, what kind of programming are you using, basic animation, sprites like in megaman, or something else entirely?

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I re-read the list of Mods and Admins, and I do believe KoL and King of Lucario are the same person. You can replace one of them with Linkachu, no problem.

I'll send you a profile for the second idea, because I'm really not keen on the first (just in case you couldn't tell with my last few remarks).

...kinda off-topic, but Dwayna, why do you put 'Mod' in all caps but not 'Admin'? They're both abbreviations.

Anyway, chiming in that I like the cooperative idea much better. We're not here to make the regular members' lives hell, even if that is a side effect. :p

Ah. Thank you for helping me. However, due to agreeing recently to other projects I cannot participate. I'll be glad to be an NPC or something, though. Just as a reminder, I'm a really happy, intelligent, and slightly naive member with a pyrokinetic gerbil similar to I.

The beast that is eating my summer is a summer honors institute. I get good grades so I can do more work in the summer. Fun. But hey, at least I get credit.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
TBA, I don't know why I do that, honestly... Probably because I was an unfortunate victim of Gaia for several years. I changed it, and most likely won't be doing that anymore.

Seems like a lot of people like the cooperative idea a lot more. This makes me pleased. :3

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I approve of my placement on the list. Especially as I didn't have to do anything.

Will PM you a form shortly.