• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Pokecharms Bestiary

While traversing the exciting and dangerous realm of Pokecharms and its chatroom, seasoned explorers and newcomers alike will often come across strange and amazing creatures native to this region of the interwebz. Some are terrifying, monstrous and totally awesome as they devour, maim and otherwise cause you great discomfort. Others are friendly, like to dance sing random little things while making sudden references to other realms on the internet.

This compendium, made by and for Pokecharms' native users and travelers alike serves to catalogue and increase our awareness of the existence of these marvelous beings. [/nature documentarian]

There are all sorts of weird and wacky critters hanging around Charms, created for one reason or another, and as a result become a familiar, anthropomorphic form, or chatbattle reference often seen time and time again. So, do you have a creature that you created here in Pokecharms? Is it a pet, familiar or a witty sidekick? Perhaps you can transform into said creature or summon it to help you do battle? Tell us what it is and what it does.

For instance, most Charmsians here will recognize a rather large and rather adorable Buizel that always travels with me and often pops up in Chat. Buizilla (now known as Zilla) was created simply to stress how much I like Buizels. Other than him being really, really big and soft and huggable and such, he is by no means your regular, everyday Buizel who enjoys seafood marinara pasta and has a small alternate reality in his stomach that functions as an escape route for situations that deem its use necessary.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The only thing I've ever been associated with is a Wooper, and that's because I spent a few weeks masquerading as one (both on site and in the chat). I even came up with an overly complex Bleach set for my Wooper (his Shikai gave him giant mecha arms :D). Apart from that, though, I'm the most sane person here.

Hmm, I've never invented a Pokemon (or critter) for 'Charms and certainly never had one as a sidekick, familiar, or pet. But I would like to be associated with a Shiny Jumpluff because those things are ADORABLE!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
While it's very tied into the Pokecharms community now, I actually created Linkachu many, many years ago on a very different forum community (one that wasn't even Pokemon based). So, while it's certainly the critter/alternate form/minion I'd mention in this thread... it might not fully apply XD

However, most of Linkachu's developments have taken place on Charms. It's generally used as the base for all of my different "forms" now, where the biggest changes are the various hats and clothing items (because... with new clothing comes great responsibility - and power! x3). I also created a feral wolf-draconic-Raichu thing for one RP (named her Raikami) that I'm rather attached to even if the RP died shortly after it began...

Mmm... Can't think of any others off-hand. Most of my other critters transend the Charms community... xD

Heh, heh, heh...Everyone knows Fi, now.

She started out as a little joke in chat. I thought 'Hey, why not throw gerbils on a catapult? And give them superpowers?' In the end I gave them pyrokinesis and began throwing them at people in chat. A few weeks later, I started calling one 'Fi', as a counterpart to my male (real) gerbil Semper.

As an 'in-story' for the RPs, Fi was bonded to me by accident in a magical chat battle. Our minds were linked, and so were our lives. We could also 'merge' into one another, becoming a large, red-eyed-white anthro-gerbil, combing both our skills. Those skills often manifest in a fire katana. I've used the katana little, but I think it's an awesome weapon.

In the forums, I just started referencing a red-eyed-white gerbil more on the forums, dubbing it Fi. It was finally finalized as a 'partner' when I asked LoNny here to make a sig with her in it. She frequently burns people. :D

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Everyone knows about my aquamor critter. The silly otter-fish hybrid with waterbender powers and more :0 That's how I present myself in chat usually.

Aquamor wasn't exactly born here. It's origins began four or so years ago when I was an avid player of Second Life, an MMORPG. It's gone through some changes since then, physically the only one being that it has blue fins now instead of the green fins it had then. Aside from physical aspects I'm still developing my Aquamor self, whether it be his abilities, history, or other things.

Love me :3

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I am a Porygon-Z in chat. I'm not overly sure why - but I'd be inclined to blame Nem and RX. Either way, it means I can Tri Attack/Element Beam n00bs and still look cool.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Says a guy who likes Medicham and Claydol. Matter of different tastes. >>;

Anyhow, I have far too many impossible animal nonsequiteurs attached to me. I seem to generate them like sinspawn. XD

Perhaps the most iconic is my anthroforme, which has it roots outside PokeCharms - and was simply a character I associated with myself at the time (I still do to some extent, but I was a lot more 'involved' with it at the time) - it sort of came naturally to me from all sorts of things that felt natural and formed itself sometime around 2004. Been there ever since, mostly in the background these days.

The species has quite a few biological/historical notes which shouldn't really interest most of you - but it's a shapeshifter. Shapeshifting is a huge part of me, as it is - always wanted that ability. Ultimate adaptability... Mrow.

I also tend to be associated with many of my RP characters' PokeMon companions (in particular, Gad Sylvanhart's Mari) and assorted creatures of my Miato region.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Everyone knows that I'm a shiny Eevee. But to set me apart and make me mary-sue-esque, I can evolve and devolve with my own will and without the help of stones, etc. :p

Other than that there's really nothing. Though if you look at all of my characters, they have a Ralts or evolution of a Ralts, but they're just that; a regular Ralts. So...

If you see a silver fox-like thing prancing about the clovers of Pokecharms, that'll be me.

Rex

Resident Furry
Most of my characters are normal, well, normal for the Universe they are bound in. The one that defies this little rule is Rex. Rex is a cross-breed, a cross of Otter and Human. He is based on a character I created for a story of mine on DeviantArt. Practically drawn from the same canvas as him. Rex will probably my most used RP self, because, since he is a relatively new character, it is easy to imagine him in many different scenarios.

I also took the Mary Sue test for him, and only got a nineteen so he's in the safe zone, for now.

All regulars in chat know I'm either an Absol, or a Luxray with Aggron Parts nowadays =3

I'd be that THING glaring at you from the shadows, observing you if you're new to chat. 8D

But, I don't bite. I swear.