• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Playthrough Thread

HAI GUYS! ;D

Well, since we have a thread dedicated to Nuzlocke Pokemon playthroughs, I though we should have on dedicated to Regular Pokemon playthroughs. I'll start us off in a bit, but first, we got some ROOLS!

1. NO FLAMING/TROLLING. Only constructive criticism is permitted.

2. GIVE ADVICE. If someone has a question, answer it. If someone is stuck, and needs help, help them etc.

3. NO OFF-TOPIC CHAT. Take that somewhere else.

Well, with that, away we go! Here we have my SoulSilver team. Well, I say team, it's really only one Pokemon at the moment, but it'll grow.

Current Team

158.png

Addanak the Male Totodile lvl 8

The layout doesn't have to be like that. Thats just the way I like to do it.

Laters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I could always show my current team in my pokemon Yellow run.

The team:
Zappy the Pikachu lvl 49
Ragey the Primeape lvl 45
Dwagon the Gyarados lvl 45
Monster the Nidoking lvl 45
Spoon the Kadabra lvl 45
Rorshack the Charizard lvl 46

Only have the elite four left to beat so I have some serious training to do.
Any one have some good tips on leveling/grinding spots? I think I have beaten all the trainers available, depending if there are any lurking in the power plant or not.

I'm on my third playthrough on Soul Silver. This is my current team:

Chikorita.gif

Herb the Chikorita, Lv 14.
Sentret.gif

Sentret, Lv 12.
Hoppip.gif

Hoppip Lv 13.
021spearow.png

Spearow Lv 12.

Going to get a Slowpoke soon. I'm in Azelea Town. I just want them all to evolve soon. :3

Well, this is really just an update to tell you about my new Hoothoot, Pax.

Current Team

158.png
163.png

Addanak the Male Totodile lvl 10
Pax the Male Hoothoot lvl 4 (No training yet)

Tis all.

I'm still battling Whitteny's Miltank. D';

Current Team:

Furret.gif

Level 16.

Hoppip.gif

Level 16.

Bayleaf.gif

Level 16.

Drowzee.png

Level 15.

021spearow.png

Level 18.

Louie, if you're having trouble with her Miltank, there's a person in the Dept. Store that will give you a Machop for your Drowzee. It'll help tons.

I'm playing through FireRed, and I'm currently in Fuschia with only 2 badges(non-linear gameplay ftw!)

Current Team:

5.png

Level 27

130.png

Level 26

147.png

Level 22

93.png

Level 25

Thanks for the tip, Sandile! I haven't traded yet, but I defeated Whittney's cow with my newly evolved Fearow! I'm just going to get a random drowzee from the wild and trade. :3

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
After months, I've finally managed to get back into my latest Pokemon Pearl run and actually advance in the game. Recently I won my 6th badge, trudged through Iron Island, and evolved three members of my team. Just one left to evolve now. :D

My current destination is Lake Valor to check on the explosion.

Current Team:
333.png
226.png
227.png
472.png
416.png
85.png

Nidhogg the Swablu (M) - Level 32
Siegmund the Mantine(M) - Level 35
Reginleif the Skarmory (F) - Level 32
Garm the Gliscor (M) - Level 35
Latona the Vespiquen (F) - Level 31
Vidofnir the Dodrio (M) - Level 33

Well, I've started my run of SoulSilver again. Not much has happened, but I did catch a Dunsparce (Fuck yeah. Dunsparce)! But it has Run Away :(. I'll breed it when I get Black, to get Serene Grace.

Current Team

Largo the Cyndaquil lvl 10 (Male)
Derp the Dunsparce lvl 8 (Male)

155.png
206.png

Laters.

While I breezed through Diamond in a week, my Platinum and Soul Silver files are being played at a much slower pace. Soul Silver, in particular has the least progress. I'm due to battle Morty at some point, but have been wandering Johto for a bit doing odd things like training low-leveled Pokemon, entering Pokethlon meets and breeding. Meanwhile over at Platinum, I'm supposed to reach Sunnyshore to battle Volkner, but have decided to take a little break to train some new pokes as well as round off the potential Gym battling team.

My current teams on

Soul Silver
153.png
133.png
79.png
95.png
399.png
244.png

Midori the Bayleef (lv21), Tsubasa the Eevee (lv11), Mousse the Slowbro (lv10), Neji the Onix (lv19), Bidoof (lv3), and Entei (lv30) Entei is mostly just there as a contingency, yup yup.

Platinum
389.png
135.png
123.png
478.png
400.png
398.png

Leo the Torterra (lv44), Delan the Jolteon (lv43), Alisa the Scyther (lv20), Sohi the Froslass (lv50), Rental the Bibarel (lv40), and SinnohAir the Staraptor (lv51)

I have the items to evolve most of these guys, I just don't have the other DS to trade them back and forth.
[me=RX]goes to pester people on his Pal Pad to help him trade-evolve[/me]

In my current Leaf Green run I have:

3.png
26.png
18.png
78.png
134.png
149.png

Venusaur, lv (??)
Raichu, lv (??)
Pidgeot, lv (??)
Rapidash, lv (??)
Vaporeon, lv (??)
Dragonite, lv (??)

I'm currently training them so that I can defeat the Elite Four once more (since they become stronger)

In my current Emerald run I have:

257.png
334.png
82.png
45.png
359.png
365.png

Boss the Blaziken, lv (??)
Alastair the Altaria, lv (??)
Techno the Magneton, lv (??)
Plue the Vileplume, lv (??)
Yin the Absol, lv (??)
Jamie the Walrein, lv (??)

(One of the few runs I use nicknames in)
Just defeated the Elite Four (without Rayquaza) and is currently trying to catch Groudon and Kyogre.

Also in my current Gold run I have:

157.png
83.png
148.png
181.png
40.png
80.png

Typhlosion, lv (??)
Farfetch'd, lv (??)
Dragonair, lv (??)
Ampharos, lv (??)
Wigglytuff, lv (??)
Slowbro, lv (??)

In this run, I'm trying to defeat the Elite Four for the first time at the moment. Not going so wll thou.. :( I have to evolve Dragonair.

(As you can see I'm too lazy to check their levels at the moment)

Ok, I have a question. I want to start a new play through on Soul Silver, but I have the Enigma Stone on that file, so I don't know what to do. Should I start a new file, or keep it?
@Katie- That's an awesome flying team! Hope you can do well with it!

Started a new Red run this afternoon and I've already got two badges :)

8.png
22.png
56.png

Wartortle, lv 26
Fearow, lv 22
Jacob the Mankey, lv 18 (currently in training)

I'm preparing for the Vermillion Gym fight, which will probably be quite tough since only Jacob is not weak against Electric-types.. The trainers at S.S ANNE is feeling the might from Wartortle's Mega Punch!

I have a couple of runs going on at the mo'. I've got the SoulSilver one, and a Sapphire run that used to be a Nuzlocke. Here are the updates:

Sapphire

Yamori the Sceptile lvl 36 [Male]
Volans the Swellow lvl 31 [Male]
Buwch the Camerupt lvl 33 [Female]
Anemone the Tentecruel lvl 33 [Female]

254.png
277.png
323.png
73.png

After reviving the run, I've collected the Laverage & Petalburge badges, and have done some serious grinding on the route from Dewford to Slateport. I'm prepared for Winona, as Anemone knows Ice Beam. Which will seriously help in killing that Altaria.

SoulSilver

Largo the Cyndaquil lvl 10 [Male]
Derp the Dunsparce lvl 8 [Male]
Shiny Suicune lvl 30 [No Gender]

155.png
206.png
245.png

This update is just here to tell you about the Special Zoroark event Suicune I have. It's sexy, and all that jazz.

Laters.

I am currently playing SoulSilver for the first time in my life. Although my rom is rather... glitchy, so far I'm doing well.

Current Team
Chikorita.gif
Sentret.gif
Spr_4h_074.png
163.png

Totoro the Male Chikorita - Level 10
Lucia the Female Sentret - Lvl 7
Ulrika the Female Hoothoot - Lvl 5
Goxhoi the Male Geodude - Lvl 4

I'm back baby! It's time for more updates!

Sapphire

Yamori the Sceptile lvl 40 [Male]
Volans the Swellow lvl 37 [Male]
Buwch the Camerupt lvl 38 [Female]
Anemone the Tentecruel lvl 36 [Female]
Thor the Magneton lvl 39 [No Gender]
254.png
277.png
323.png
73.png
82.png

A LOT has happened since my last update. As you see, I caught Thor the Magnemite! And after immense ammounts of grinding, evolved it into a Magneton. It is my primary Special sweeper. I have done a crap ton of training with it, but it has payed off, as it is now only a single level off Yamori. Completely destroyed Winona with Thor and Anemone. And I'm currently in Lillicove City!

Laters.

(I'm having a break from SoulSilver)

Well, I'm currently in Goldenrod City, and I'm grinding my Pokemon for Whitney's gym. Actually, it's because all of my Pokemon are randomly leveled.

Current Team
153.png
162.png
180.png
74.png
69.png
175.png

Totoro the Male Bayleef - Lvl 19
Lucia the Female Furret - Lvl 17
Eclair the Male Flaaffy - Lvl 20
Goxhoi the Male Geodude - Lvl 8
Bellum the Female Bellsprout - Lvl 3
Mello the Male Togepi - Lvl 13

So far I'm trying to get Totoro and Lucia up to where Eclair is. Eclair is perhaps my most useful asset on the team, so I'm not too worried about 'im. Instead of being a main part of my team, Goxhoi has now been reduced into an HM slave. Ulrika has been boxed for now, as well. Bellum is also a temporary HM slave. As for Mello, I'm trying to evolve him, but because of my impatience, I put him inside the Daycare since he hatched, and got him when he was lvl 12. So far, I'm trying to give him daily haircuts and letting him first in my party, so that's alright.

Currently playing Platinum.

Umbreon, lv 67 (male)
Infernape, lv 71 (male)
Roserade, lv 70 (male)
Lickilicky, lv 68 (male)
Golduck, lv 73 (female)
Togekiss, lv 65 (male)

197.png
392.png
407.png
463.png
55.png
468.png

Update! Haven't been laying a lot, but for now, I've defeated the E4 and so. Currently leveling.

Also started a Heart Gold run on emulator (and it's annoying as hell).

Soon to challenge Falkner while typing:
155.png
167.png

Cyndaquil, lv 11 (male)
Spinarak, lv 11 (male)