• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Hello hello! This RP starts off in the fictional seawall city of Corsaire-de-Milo in Kalos, based on the beautiful real life French city, Saint-Malo. Once we've got everyone who's joining on board, we'll be setting sail to the bowtie-shaped Laurel Region, based loosley on semi-modern day Italy. East Laurel is for the most part conflict free. West Laurel, however, is subject to war with chaos-driven extremists, otherwise known as Team Peregrine. Their motives aren't for power, nor domination. Rather, they seem to be hellbent on destruction by each individual's own accord. Their numbers are baffling, especially considering the fact that they don't seem to have any collective goals or ideals as a team.

Main Story Elements:
A year before present day, the esteemed East Laurel-born pirate captain Marcel O'Bithel took the words of a dear old friend to heart, and finally parted ways for good with her old crew of two, Curtis "Dune" Lowry, and Kaia "Papillon-Rouge" Madrigal. Collectively, the pirates were known as "Silvikitte," which oh-so conveniently is also the name of the boat. What soured their relationship is unknown, save for the captain's sudden change of heart and morale, and her newfound ambition to use what she has available to fight in the people's war against Peregrine. The Pokemon she'd largely been known to use are no longer with her, either left behind with Dune and Kaia, or sent wayward without much other information granted to the public. Her current crew consists of Helia, a wise-cracking, charmingly awkward Braixen who speaks the human language, Oscar, a puny but excitable Poliwag, and Berard, a one-eyed, gruff and wise, but haplessly shy Butterfree. However, that's not nearly enough to put even a dent in what they're up against, so with nostalgia ruling her decision, she's returned to the ever-diverse Kalos region to build a new crew.

Other Information and Rules:
1. No one sentence replies. I will get on your ass so quickly if I see this consistently. I understand that with dialogue, it's sometimes hard to crank out more than a paragraph, but for real. Describe the setting, describe feelings, and don't make me get mad at you over short replies.
2. If you want an image of what Silvikitte looks like, look up Étoile du Roy, of which the inspiration for it was born.
3. By all means, fear death, but don't be afraid to incorporate it into your writing. We want this to be juicy, with all kinds of feely-feels and real-ass people.
4. The Silvikitte crew has always relied on clever trickery to prevail in close scrapes. Your Pokemon don't have to be top-tier or even fully evolved to be kickass. You'll start with up to three Pokemon of your choice, with potential to catch more along the way, and while NFE's aren't mandatory, they're thoroughly encouraged.
5. In the event of battles, don't just shout out moves. Describe the actions and movements that Pokemon and people are taking.
6. That's right, people may very well end up fighting too. We're pirates, and we're not just gonna hide behind our Mightyenas and Manectrics while shit hits the fan all around us.
7. The captain's surely not too picky in her recruitment, but she wants to be interested. Your character doesn't have to be outgoing. In fact, she loves the shy and/or reserved type, at least until she can crack their code. Long story short, no plain ol' Mary-Sue is gonna catch her interest. Silvikitte only has room for so many people and Pokemon after all.
8. Spending months to years aboard a cramped pirate ship means that romance may or may not be inevitable. This RP's already gonna have some pretty adult themes in it, but anything super sexual is gonna be awkward. That said, I'm not gonna be the one to snuff out the creative fires of young love. (That's what the mods are for :^) jk luv u guys) Just be subtle, and don't break any forum rules.
9. Oh yeah, adult themes. Violence, gore, and swearing are all gonna happen probably. If you're below the age of sixteen, or eighteen, or however old you think is too young, then do yourself a real big favor and sit this one out.
10. Helia speaks English, and almost functions as a second character. This is a rarity in the Pokemon world, but if you absolutely must have a Pokemon who can communicate with your character, you'd better impress me with a really good reason why.
11. Forgot to mention, no godmoding. We're up against some pretty powerful forces. Don't be afraid to let your character get hurt or lose a fight.

Character Skeleton Format Example:

Name: Marcelline "Marcel" O'Bithel
Sexuality: Pansexual
Personality: While she'd normally be jovial and sardonic, the emotions of leaving her crew behind are still taking their toll, though that's nothing that new friends can't fix, so long as she can muster up the motivation to go meet people. Melancholic or not, she can often be borderline poetic with her words, and prides herself on her talents in reading people.
History: Everything you've read above.
Appearance: Standing at about 5'3'', about half a dozen freckles dot either of her cheeks, while her thick, somewhat curly hair, with the tawny fairness of a lion's mane, stops just a couple of inches past her shoulders, though she almost always wears it in a ponytail. A cerulean blue tunic of sorts hangs loosely from her shoulders, revealing a gray vest that's been swirled with vivid patterns of yellow underneath. When she was younger, she wore an orange bandanna around her forehead because she thought it looked cool. Evidently she hasn't matured much, because she still does.
Pokemon: Helia the Braixen, Oscar the Poliwag, and Berard the Butterfree
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: She's helplessly nostalgic for a school trip to Kalos that happened back when she was still in high. Despite the fact that the other five on that trip, who were all seniors at that time, had all moved on when she was just a freshman, she still remembers them all fondly, and has written their descriptions in her notebook over and over again to remember. Also, she carries a simple rapier at her side, and has learned from many a battle how to wield it.

Pokemon Character Skeleton Examples:

Name: Helia
Species: Braixen
Personality: Charismatic, but still inexplicably awkward at the same time. Despite her overly-theatrical, cloak-and-dagger nature, she has wisdom for her years, and isn't afraid to be bold or blunt with Marcel.
History: Bred into the family of a Kalosian artist, her trainer sought to become a painter, yet still preserve his hipster values. While he was way too cringey for Helia to grow all that close to, his interest in language rubbed off on her, and from the time she was a Fennekin, she was expected to learn human language. When Marcel's bad-news old crew crashed an art show, she stowed away on their ship, tired of her trainer and refined life, and she and the captain soon grew to respect one another.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: She wears a deep purple bandanna around her ears like a pirate's head scarf.

Name: Oscar
Species: Poliwag
Personality: Thoroughly excitable, and a tad bit naive, don't let his puny stature fool you. He's a great swimmer, with a sharp mind, and a battle style based on taunts and trickery.
History: He too stowed away atop Silvikitte from the wild one day, and Marcel thought he was too cute not to keep.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: He's fairly mild-mannered a fair bit of the time, and is the youngest of the crew.

Name: Berard
Species: Butterfree
Personality: Gruff and blunt, with the smarts to back himself up, but the pacifistic, kindhearted nature to back down. While logical, he's still incredibly shy and secretive. Battle-wise, he's somewhat of a veteran, with the speed and skill to rival any.
History: Largely unknown to any but him and Dune, minus the fact that he resonated with Marcel's new ideals the second they were announced to the group. Without a second thought, he left the loose-cannon Dune behind to join Marcel's new crew.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: He's missing his right eye. As to how this happened is a tale that only he knows, and has no inclination to share.
------------------------------
And that's that! Plop your character submissions into this thread at your leisure, and I'll make the real thread when I get enough people on board. I warn you, I'm a little finicky when it comes to writing. Like I said, Mary Sues are gonna rub me the wrong way, and bad grammar appeals to no one here. Don't sweat it though, just follow the general and RP rules, and you'll be fine! :arr:

*EDIT*

Oh, and another important something-or-other I forgot to mention, as part of the Laurel region's culture, Pokeballs are practically nonexistent in the routines of a trainer. They treat their Pokemon as utmost family, and leave them out always. In fact, most trainers, including Marcel, don't even have their Pokemon technically "caught" in Pokeballs. I mentioned before that you'll have the chance to expand on your team. Well, don't think of your six Pokemon as a team or a party, think of them as individual members in the collective pool of characters in the Silvikitte crew. You won't be catching Pokemon with Pokeballs, but rather enticing them to join you aboard the ship.

Last edited:
Okay, here it is! It's pretty late here, so if I made this too... Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu like, then feel free to tell me to modify my character. I would normally run this through my mental character building process, but I'm tired. XD

Name: Dmitri Margaux (Pronounced Mar - go)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality: While he thinks he's a normal human being, most around him think he's nothing short of a basket case. He can either be oblivious to or overly-interested in his surroundings, other people's motives, emotions, etc. Though anyone who has gotten close to him can say otherwise. Those few say that he is a kindhearted individual who loves anything remotely adventurous. He's a sucker for tales of exploration, often imagining himself as the adventurer, going through the struggles and hardships of the adventure, and finding the reward at the end. He can be pretty hasty, making rash decisions from time to time, but he has managed to catch himself sometimes. Other times, he lets his curiosity take him away. Social situations are a bit of a problem. Due to his over-adventurous attitude, he can be a little bit awkward sometimes. He tries hard to impress people, but this has a reputation of failing. That being said, when he does pull through, he tends to be overjoyed.
History: Dmitri Margaux wasn't born into nobility. He wasn't born into a rich family, but he wasn't necessarily born into a poor one. He was the youngest child of two story-writing parents. The older child, his sister Zoe, always loved him and showed him how to get the best out of life. His parents both were generally away, but he always had his big sister to look after him. One day, Zoe decided to leave Dmitri by himself. This was the day he figured out his love for adventure. He got into his parents' books and read them, front to back. All of them detailed a unique, marvelous adventure, and it sparked a fire in him that wanted to do the same. For most of his childhood after the fact, he would always play pretend, mimicking the characters in his parents' books. Upon reaching adulthood, his parents moved away, and his sister followed suit. He was left in Kalos, alone with no indication of where his parents really went. He saw this as fuel for adventure rather than letting this tie him down. He searched for a new adventure, and eventually found one in a particular pirate. Since learning of the Silvikitte, Dmitri has had his mind set on becoming part of the crew.
Appearance: Dmitri was on the shorter side, only coming up to about 5' 1". The rest of his family considered this to be average height, so he never really took this as a disadvantage. His skin is caramel colored, and tans are almost unnoticable against the rest of his skin, though sunburns have a tendency to stand out. His hair is curly and messy, most of his copper colored curls going in any old direction, but somehow looking at least a little bit uniform alltogether. His eye color is almost black, but there is a hint of a yellowish brown somewhere within the large, almost void-like eyes of his. A black and lime green checkered jacket stays tied at his waist, while a simple, albeit somewhat torn silver t-shirt covers his lithe, not-so-athletic build. He wears a pair of mud brown cargo pants that go over his charcoal black hiking boots at the end. A green tie-dye bandana that was given to Dmitri by Zoe stays ever-tied to his left upper arm, and he has always been reluctant to take it off since they left.
Pokemon: Tucker the Quilladin, Caesar the Clauncher
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: Much like most of the characters from the stories of his parents, if something shiny or rare is involved, Dmitri has a hard time not getting involved. He would go to seemingly stupid lengths to acquire said shinies, and he hates to lose said shinies. He also keeps a journal of every adventure he's had. The only entries so far are of his mini-adventures of his childhood, and he really only lets select people see: Zoe, and other trustworthy individuals, though this amount is few.

Pokemon:

Name: Tucker
Species: Quilladin
Personality: Tucker is a cocky individual, one who thinks that he is the coolest thing to ever exist. Much like Dmitri, he will go to extensive lengths to impress someone, but his primary flaw in those situations lies in his overestimation of his own abilities. He has a hard time asking for help, but luckily for him, he's been with Dmitri so long that he is able to tell him when help is required. In battle, he's pretty tanky, focusing on his defensive prowess, so uses his cockiness to redirect attention to him and let others deal the massive damage.
History: Tucker, as a Chespin, was given originally to Zoe as her starter Pokemon. She didn't really have a choice in the matter, as when she went to go claim her starter, he was all that was left. He reluctantly joined her, and held on to the ideal that he was saved for last because he was in fact the best. This attitude, on top of his inability to take most orders, led Zoe to grow impatient with him, and give him to her little brother. He resonated, so to speak, with Dmitri, and the two became friends, their bond only increasing after his evolution into a Quilladin.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: He may not be able to speak the human language, but he does certainly enjoy reading. This isn't something he would openly admit to, but he does enjoy it thoroughly, especially the books that Dmitri's parents wrote.

Name: Caesar
Species: Clauncher
Personality: Stoic, robotic in nature, Caesar is reluctant to do mostly anything related to social interaction. He generally despises others, and though he does know to follow orders, he does so reluctantly. He is quite observant, often being the one to alert Tucker and Dmitri of events happening outside of their mental bubbles.
History: Caesar was a recurrence in Dmitri's life. Dmitri would often get into trouble, and Ceasar would save him when he couldn't save himself. Eventually, Dmitri decided to take him along on his adventures rather than just have him appear on the fly, and since he had nothing better to do, he simply agreed to it. Becoming a pirate was not Ceasar's main priority, but he wasn't going to get in the way of Dmitri's adventuring spirit.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: While he may be stoic and uncaring, his attitude flip-flops around things he finds adorable. It's not something he can help. He has limited the list of things that he finds adorable so this other side of him doesn't frequently show. Not even Dmitri has seen this side to Ceasar for elongated periods of time.

Again, if something either looks dumb, or doesn't make sense, or is too Mary-Sue-ish, then tell me and I can fix it up, no problemo. ;)

Okay, here it is! It's pretty late here, so if I made this too... Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu like, then feel free to tell me to modify my character. I would normally run this through my mental character building process, but I'm tired. XD

Name: Dmitri Margaux (Pronounced Mar - go)
Personality: While he thinks he's a normal human being, most around him think he's nothing short of a basket case. He can either be oblivious to or overly-interested in his surroundings, other people's motives, emotions, etc. Though anyone who has gotten close to him can say otherwise. Those few say that he is a kindhearted individual who loves anything remotely adventurous. He's a sucker for tales of exploration, often imagining himself as the adventurer, going through the struggles and hardships of the adventure, and finding the reward at the end. He can be pretty hasty, making rash decisions from time to time, but he has managed to catch himself sometimes. Other times, he lets his curiosity take him away. Social situations are a bit of a problem. Due to his over-adventurous attitude, he can be a little bit awkward sometimes. He tries hard to impress people, but this has a reputation of failing. That being said, when he does pull through, he tends to be overjoyed.
History: Dmitri Margaux wasn't born into nobility. He wasn't born into a rich family, but he wasn't necessarily born into a poor one. He was the youngest child of two story-writing parents. The older child, his sister Zoe, always loved him and showed him how to get the best out of life. His parents both were generally away, but he always had his big sister to look after him. One day, Zoe decided to leave Dmitri by himself. This was the day he figured out his love for adventure. He got into his parents' books and read them, front to back. All of them detailed a unique, marvelous adventure, and it sparked a fire in him that wanted to do the same. For most of his childhood after the fact, he would always play pretend, mimicking the characters in his parents' books. Upon reaching adulthood, his parents moved away, and his sister followed suit. He was left in Kalos, alone with no indication of where his parents really went. He saw this as fuel for adventure rather than letting this tie him down. He searched for a new adventure, and eventually found one in a particular pirate. Since learning of the Silvikitte, Dmitri has had his mind set on becoming part of the crew.
Appearance: Dmitri was on the shorter side, only coming up to about 5' 1". The rest of his family considered this to be average height, so he never really took this as a disadvantage. His skin is caramel colored, and tans are almost unnoticable against the rest of his skin, though sunburns have a tendency to stand out. His hair is curly and messy, most of his copper colored curls going in any old direction, but somehow looking at least a little bit uniform alltogether. His eye color is almost black, but there is a hint of a yellowish brown somewhere within the large, almost void-like eyes of his. A black and lime green checkered jacket stays tied at his waist, while a simple, albeit somewhat torn silver t-shirt covers his lithe, not-so-athletic build. He wears a pair of mud brown cargo pants that go over his charcoal black hiking boots at the end. A green tie-dye bandana that was given to Dmitri by Zoe stays ever-tied to his left upper arm, and he has always been reluctant to take it off since they left.
Pokemon: Tucker the Quilladin, Caesar the Clauncher
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: Much like most of the characters from the stories of his parents, if something shiny or rare is involved, Dmitri has a hard time not getting involved. He would go to seemingly stupid lengths to acquire said shinies, and he hates to lose said shinies. He also keeps a journal of every adventure he's had. The only entries so far are of his mini-adventures of his childhood, and he really only lets select people see: Zoe, and other trustworthy individuals, though this amount is few.

Pokemon:

Name: Tucker
Species: Quilladin
Personality: Tucker is a cocky individual, one who thinks that he is the coolest thing to ever exist. Much like Dmitri, he will go to extensive lengths to impress someone, but his primary flaw in those situations lies in his overestimation of his own abilities. He has a hard time asking for help, but luckily for him, he's been with Dmitri so long that he is able to tell him when help is required. In battle, he's pretty tanky, focusing on his defensive prowess, so uses his cockiness to redirect attention to him and let others deal the massive damage.
History: Tucker, as a Chespin, was given originally to Zoe as her starter Pokemon. She didn't really have a choice in the matter, as when she went to go claim her starter, he was all that was left. He reluctantly joined her, and held on to the ideal that he was saved for last because he was in fact the best. This attitude, on top of his inability to take most orders, led Zoe to grow impatient with him, and give him to her little brother. He resonated, so to speak, with Dmitri, and the two became friends, their bond only increasing after his evolution into a Quilladin.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: He may not be able to speak the human language, but he does certainly enjoy reading. This isn't something he would openly admit to, but he does enjoy it thoroughly, especially the books that Dmitri's parents wrote.

Name: Caesar
Species: Clauncher
Personality: Stoic, robotic in nature, Caesar is reluctant to do mostly anything related to social interaction. He generally despises others, and though he does know to follow orders, he does so reluctantly. He is quite observant, often being the one to alert Tucker and Dmitri of events happening outside of their mental bubbles.
History: Caesar was a recurrence in Dmitri's life. Dmitri would often get into trouble, and Ceasar would save him when he couldn't save himself. Eventually, Dmitri decided to take him along on his adventures rather than just have him appear on the fly, and since he had nothing better to do, he simply agreed to it. Becoming a pirate was not Ceasar's main priority, but he wasn't going to get in the way of Dmitri's adventuring spirit.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: While he may be stoic and uncaring, his attitude flip-flops around things he finds adorable. It's not something he can help. He has limited the list of things that he finds adorable so this other side of him doesn't frequently show. Not even Dmitri has seen this side to Ceasar for elongated periods of time.

Again, if something either looks dumb, or doesn't make sense, or is too Mary-Sue-ish, then tell me and I can fix it up, no problemo. ;)
This isn't Mary-Sueish in the slightest! The profile looks absolutely fantastic :) Welcome aboard!

May I join?
Name: Annabeth Wilde
Appearance: Her height is 5'4. Her eyes are gray and her hair is platinum blonde. There's a 50/50 chance she will punch you in the face if you make fun of her hair or height. She wears a red T-shirt with a Ninetails on the front of it and shorts (she keeps changes of clothes for every kind of weather with her. She wears an orange bandana around her neck.
Personality: Brave, intelligent, and quick thinking. She likes to try to think about strategies to beat her opponents. Trust doesn't always come easily to her. Annabeth holds a secret fear of Beedrills, which thankfully aren't on the ocean (or so she hopes). She is looking for both a new occupation and a new adventure.
History: Annabeth has had many occupations such as : Waitress, Pokémon Coordinator, and Thief. She stopped Vanish the Ninetails thief on her first try. She has a reputation thanks to her having been a Pokémon Coordinator and a thief.

Pokémon:

Name: Vanish
Species: Ninetails
Personality: Clever, quick, and sneaky. She is also quick thinking and an expert strategist when it comes to fighting. She has a secret fear of being rejected.
History: Vanish was an expert thief. She terrorized towns with her thievery. No one could ever catch her. Until Annabeth caught the thief and stopped her from stealing an amulet on her first try. Since then Vanish has held a deep respect for Annabeth.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: She is incapable of human speech, but she loves to read. Adventure novels are her current obsession book wise. She once made off with a pound of bacon back when she was a thief.

Name: Night
Species: Zorua
Personality: Is shy with people he doesn't know. But when you get to know him he is a sweetheart who will do anything for his friends. He will comfort sad people and Pokémon alike. He keeps his fears a secret. He can fight very well (when he has to fight).
History: He was a lost, wandering Zorua that had run into trouble when he met Annabeth and Vanish for the first time. After they saved him from a group of angry Combee, Night started following them around. Since then he has been a constant companion to Vanish and Annabeth.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: Incapable of human speech, he loves to read magnas. He wears a red bandana around his neck. He is the only male in the group (kind of obvious though).

Name: Skyqueen
Species: Braviary
Personality: She is fast and quick thinking. She can be a great ally or a great enemy. She is a sweetheart, but can be easily angered.
History: Mostly unknown. She met Annabeth, Vanish, and Night during a fight with a mad Infernape. After they helped her chase him off, she decided to join the group.
Anything else worth mentioning:She can read. She likes action, the occasional funny moment, and any kind of mythology. If a book has all three, even better. She wears goggles that help cut the glare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hhhh I'm definitely not saying you can't join, but I can't help but notice you've been prone to posting fairly short posts. We're all guilty of it from time to time, but definitely step your quantity and quality game up just a tad bit, and hone in more on what makes your character and her Pokemon unique.
(Oh, and your Pokemon names are fine to me, but Marcel may or may not end up making fun of Annabeth once or twice for it :p)
Alright. I'll try my best with the "stepping it up". I modified it a bit. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ay, might give it a chance. Seems interesting.

Name: Jackson "Jack" Blunth

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Jackson is a hopeless flirt. What he loves doing is going around and seeing if he can find a hook up. He's had one of two people in the past, but they haven't stayed with him more than a single month. Because under the pretty boy facade, he is a still a child, insecure, severly lacking intelligence, and easily scared.

History: Jackson loves his father. And Jackson hopes he loves him back. He's never met his Mother, and he doubts he ever will.

But his father disappeared for months at a time. It should've tought Jack how to treasure sparce moments, like the times his dad took him to the shooting range. Or when he gave Jack one of his Pokemon's sons.

Yet Jack used this oppurtunity to think that if there was a mother in the relationship, the father wouldn't have to disappear for so long. Don't ask how Jackson twisted it so out of proportion. He just did it in his own Jackson way.

However the case, one time his father never returned. Electric shut off. Water shut off. So he did the reasonable thing: picking up his funds, anything of value, and his Pokemon, and left to become a flirty vagrant around Kalos. After all, it is "The Region of Romance". He thinks, at least. His most recent venture has landed him in Corsaile-de-Milo.

Appearance: Jack is a fair height at six feet exactly. He is a fairly tanned and has a pair of piercing blue eyes, which you wouldn't see usually thanks to a pair of shades hiding his eyes. A mop of curled brown hair rests upon his head. He lacks being all there physically, but he has decent leg strength thanks to walking everywhere.

His main pair of clothing is a unzipped black shirt over a plain white t-shirt, while his pants are beige jeans. He considers this to be his 'pretty boy'/'cool dude' outfit, and considers it a prized possession...so it would be hilarious if it was utterly destroyed.

Anything of note: The funny thing is, he's quite experienced with a gun (His father is to thank for this), more than capable of defending himself and others. However, he's probably depend on others rather than himself in less grave moments. Also mentioned: if he runs into trouble and hasn't completely broken down, he uses flattery, chrisma, and flirting to talk his way out of situations.

Pokemon:

Name: Vul

Species: Vulpix

Personality: Vul is a lot like his father: Pompous, arrogant, and much too proud of the lineage of the Ninetales. But there is one good thing he took from his Father's behavior: Loyalty.

History: Child of Nie, owned by Jack's dad. He loved his father, and unlike Jack's dad, he knew Nie loved him back.

There was nothing he wanted to be but just like him.

Then as Jackson's father disappeared, Nie vanished too.

Without Nie or Jack's father, he turned to the last person in his life that was close to either: Jackson, of course. Now with undying loyalty towards him, he would follow him to the ends of the earth. Maybe it's for a childish dream he can find Nie and Jack's father.

----

Name: Chipper

Species: Dusclops

Personality: Always looking for the worst in a situation, Chipper's name is not an indicator of his attitude. Macabre and mean, he'll insult anyone in his path. He has one weakness, though: feeling. He can't feel any emotion. Not sadness or rage, happiness or love. The whole reason he is with Jack is because as soon as he hypnotized the boy, he started flirting with him, which confused him to no end, and ultimately caused him to free Jack long enough to be captured.

History: As a Duskull, he was born in darkness. He only needed to survive by stealing souls, even if it was his own brethren. As a Dusclops, he lurked at night. Still stole souls for sustanace. Jack was just another soul to consume. Supposed to be, at least. When the boy began flirting with him, it incured...odd feelings. Of confusion. He let his guard down. Which lead him to being caught.

He's off souls now. He switched to scraps of food instead.

He can't complain. It's less work than soul catching. In exchange he stands guard during nights he can't sleep in a nice comfortable Poke Center bed and resorts to a tree limb or benches.

Will this do? If there's any parts you'd like expanded on or fixed, can do.

Ay, might give it a chance. Seems interesting.

Name: Jackson "Jack" Blunth

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Jackson is a hopeless flirt. What he loves doing is going around and seeing if he can find a hook up. He's had one of two people in the past, but they haven't stayed with him more than a single month. Because under the pretty boy facade, he is a still a child, insecure, severly lacking intelligence, and easily scared.

History: Jackson loves his father. And Jackson hopes he loves him back. He's never met his Mother, and he doubts he ever will.

But his father disappeared for months at a time. It should've tought Jack how to treasure sparce moments, like the times his dad took him to the shooting range. Or when he gave Jack one of his Pokemon's sons.

Yet Jack used this oppurtunity to think that if there was a mother in the relationship, the father wouldn't have to disappear for so long. Don't ask how Jackson twisted it so out of proportion. He just did it in his own Jackson way.

However the case, one time his father never returned. Electric shut off. Water shut off. So he did the reasonable thing: picking up his funds, anything of value, and his Pokemon, and left to become a flirty vagrant around Kalos. After all, it is "The Region of Romance". He thinks, at least. His most recent venture has landed him in Corsaile-de-Milo.

Appearance: Jack is a fair height at six feet exactly. He is a fairly tanned and has a pair of piercing blue eyes, which you wouldn't see usually thanks to a pair of shades hiding his eyes. A mop of curled brown hair rests upon his head. He lacks being all there physically, but he has decent leg strength thanks to walking everywhere.

His main pair of clothing is a unzipped black shirt over a plain white t-shirt, while his pants are beige jeans. He considers this to be his 'pretty boy'/'cool dude' outfit, and considers it a prized possession...so it would be hilarious if it was utterly destroyed.

Anything of note: The funny thing is, he's quite experienced with a gun (His father is to thank for this), more than capable of defending himself and others. However, he's probably depend on others rather than himself in less grave moments. Also mentioned: if he runs into trouble and hasn't completely broken down, he uses flattery, chrisma, and flirting to talk his way out of situations.

Pokemon:

Name: Vul

Species: Vulpix

Personality: Vul is a lot like his father: Pompous, arrogant, and much too proud of the lineage of the Ninetales. But there is one good thing he took from his Father's behavior: Loyalty.

History: Child of Nie, owned by Jack's dad. He loved his father, and unlike Jack's dad, he knew Nie loved him back.

There was nothing he wanted to be but just like him.

Then as Jackson's father disappeared, Nie vanished too.

Without Nie or Jack's father, he turned to the last person in his life that was close to either: Jackson, of course. Now with undying loyalty towards him, he would follow him to the ends of the earth. Maybe it's for a childish dream he can find Nie and Jack's father.

----

Name: Chipper

Species: Dusclops

Personality: Always looking for the worst in a situation, Chipper's name is not an indicator of his attitude. Macabre and mean, he'll insult anyone in his path. He has one weakness, though: feeling. He can't feel any emotion. Not sadness or rage, happiness or love. The whole reason he is with Jack is because as soon as he hypnotized the boy, he started flirting with him, which confused him to no end, and ultimately caused him to free Jack long enough to be captured.

History: As a Duskull, he was born in darkness. He only needed to survive by stealing souls, even if it was his own brethren. As a Dusclops, he lurked at night. Still stole souls for sustanace. Jack was just another soul to consume. Supposed to be, at least. When the boy began flirting with him, it incured...odd feelings. Of confusion. He let his guard down. Which lead him to being caught.

He's off souls now. He switched to scraps of food instead.

He can't complain. It's less work than soul catching. In exchange he stands guard during nights he can't sleep in a nice comfortable Poke Center bed and resorts to a tree limb or benches.

Will this do? If there's any parts you'd like expanded on or fixed, can do.

Looks great! Glad to have some other not-so-straight individuals on board!

Also, I genuinely didn't mean to intimidate anyone with my choice of words in the post up top :'| I don't want anyone to feel hesitant to post on here because they fear I won't like it

Name: Skyqueen
Species: Braviary
Personality: She is fast and quick thinking. She can be a great ally or a great enemy. She is a sweetheart, but can be easily angered.
History: Mostly unknown. She met Annabeth, Vanish, and Night during a fight with a mad Infernape. After they helped her chase him off, she decided to join the group.
Anything else worth mentioning:She can read. She likes action, the occasional funny moment, and any kind of mythology. If a book has all three, even better. She wears goggles that help cut the glare.

Braviary is a 100% male pokemon. Quit playing Pokemon wrong.

Sure thing! Still looking for just a few others before we do. In the mean time, I'm making another rp about gijinkas to entertain us while we wait :D it'll be posted right to the pokemon rp session, since this one won't be nearly as intricate (probably) if anyone wants to join

I guess I'll use Ambrosia from that Pokemon Academy RP that died not too long ago. RIP.

Name: Ambrosia Kalis

Sexuality: heterosexual

Personality: Ambrosia is a fearless young woman, always one to take on a challenge. She never gets to go too far, though, since her Pokemon partners always stop her in some way, not wanting her to make a fool of herself or get hurt. Always insisting to do things herself, she secretly loves the fact that her Pokemon care, be it for her or their own well-being.

History: As a very young child at the age of 3, Ambrosia began to forget more and more things mere seconds after hearing them. Her parents decided that she would be unfit to leave home on her own, or maybe even at all, but, now at the age of 17, since she begged, they gave her a partner Pokemon, to not only help her through everyday life, but if she acted oddly to anyone, it would explain the problem to them in the form of writing. Ambrosia decided to name him Orion. Orion the Sableye.

Appearance: She has shiny red hair that ends in the middle of her upper back, and, even though it's straight, pokes out in all directions. On rare occasions, she'll put it up in a messy bun. The pale girl's eyes are an olive green color that contrast with her unkempt hair like a reverse Christmas tree. With a slim figure, Ambrosia stands at about 5'. She wears an unbuttoned, blue and black, long-sleeve flannel shirt that exposes her plain white undershirt / tank top, dark grey (not black) jeggings, and black lace-up boots.

Pokemon: male Sableye named Orion, male Emolga named Kenzo

Anything Else Worth Mentioning: Ambrosia suffers from a very bad case of short-term-memory-loss, as I've explained.

Name: Orion

Species: Sableye

Personality: Seemingly always in an annoyed mood, Orion acts like he despises Ambrosia. Deep down, he does care about her, and will do anything to stop any harm from bestowing itself on her. (If that makes sense. lol) Always trudging behind, he longs to get away from his everyday routine.

History: Orion was given to Ambrosia a few years ago, to help her with her short-term-memory-loss. He's been with her ever since, and has been taught to write to better explain his Trainer's actions to others.

Anything Else Worth Mentioning: Not only does he wish for something different, he also feels the need to learn to speak human, since writing can only be done at a certain pace and he wishes to inform people of Ambrosia as quick as possible.

Name: Kenzo

Species: Emolga

Personality: Very happy-go-lucky and carefree, Kenzo can find entertainment in the hardest of places, be it in the middle of a battlefield or a supermarket. He's glad his team is Orion and Ambrosia, and honestly couldn't think of anyone better.

History: He bumped into the pair as they were walking to town one day, and they instantly became friends. Ambrosia asked if he'd like to join them, and he automatically agreed. He's been with them ever since. Nothing too amazing happening here. :p

Anything Else Worth Mentioning: He wears a little bow tie around his neck, made by Ambrosia. He's very proud of it.

Just tell me if I should change something, okay?

I guess I'll use Ambrosia from that Pokemon Academy RP that died not too long ago. RIP.

Name: Ambrosia Kalis

Sexuality: heterosexual

Personality: Ambrosia is a fearless young woman, always one to take on a challenge. She never gets to go too far, though, since her Pokemon partners always stop her in some way, not wanting her to make a fool of herself or get hurt. Always insisting to do things herself, she secretly loves the fact that her Pokemon care, be it for her or their own well-being.

History: As a very young child at the age of 3, Ambrosia began to forget more and more things mere seconds after hearing them. Her parents decided that she would be unfit to leave home on her own, or maybe even at all, but, now at the age of 17, since she begged, they gave her a partner Pokemon, to not only help her through everyday life, but if she acted oddly to anyone, it would explain the problem to them in the form of writing. Ambrosia decided to name him Orion. Orion the Sableye.

Appearance: She has shiny red hair that ends in the middle of her upper back, and, even though it's straight, pokes out in all directions. On rare occasions, she'll put it up in a messy bun. The pale girl's eyes are an olive green color that contrast with her unkempt hair like a reverse Christmas tree. With a slim figure, Ambrosia stands at about 5'. She wears an unbuttoned, blue and black, long-sleeve flannel shirt that exposes her plain white undershirt / tank top, dark grey (not black) jeggings, and black lace-up boots.

Pokemon: male Sableye named Orion, male Emolga named Kenzo

Anything Else Worth Mentioning: Ambrosia suffers from a very bad case of short-term-memory-loss, as I've explained.

Name: Orion

Species: Sableye

Personality: Seemingly always in an annoyed mood, Orion acts like he despises Ambrosia. Deep down, he does care about her, and will do anything to stop any harm from bestowing itself on her. (If that makes sense. lol) Always trudging behind, he longs to get away from his everyday routine.

History: Orion was given to Ambrosia a few years ago, to help her with her short-term-memory-loss. He's been with her ever since, and has been taught to write to better explain his Trainer's actions to others.

Anything Else Worth Mentioning: Not only does he wish for something different, he also feels the need to learn to speak human, since writing can only be done at a certain pace and he wishes to inform people of Ambrosia as quick as possible.

Name: Kenzo

Species: Emolga

Personality: Very happy-go-lucky and carefree, Kenzo can find entertainment in the hardest of places, be it in the middle of a battlefield or a supermarket. He's glad his team is Orion and Ambrosia, and honestly couldn't think of anyone better.

History: He bumped into the pair as they were walking to town one day, and they instantly became friends. Ambrosia asked if he'd like to join them, and he automatically agreed. He's been with them ever since. Nothing too amazing happening here. :p

Anything Else Worth Mentioning: He wears a little bow tie around his neck, made by Ambrosia. He's very proud of it.

Just tell me if I should change something, okay?
Interesting! You're good to go! :)

Name: Pepper Dupond
Sexuality:
Personality: Calm and candid, Pepper is known by those around her to be a brutally honest individual. More often than not, she will remain fairly quiet and will appear to be lost in her own thoughts. However, those who know her well will be aware that Pepper is indeed very focused on her surroundings and will likely be listening in on the conversations of others. While there are no bad intentions behind this habit, it can often cause others to feel unnerved by her presence. When she does chip in to a conversation, it will likely be to state the obvious, especially if it seems as though people seem to be afraid to speak the truth. No matter what her mood may be, she will almost always put on a poker face.
History: Pepper has spent almost the entirety of her life looking out for herself, as she was orphaned at birth. Since she never knew her parents, she doesn't get very emotional about this. She hops from location to location, as she struggles to make any amount of money due to being largely unemployed. In trying to keep her head above water, Pepper developed quite a flair for battling as she began participating in small one-on-one, dog fight-esque battles with trainers on the streets in order to win prize money. As her financial situation worsened, it became clear that she would need to go about other ways of earning money. So, figuring that it was her best bet, Pepper joined the Silvikitte crew in hopes of being able to help herself.
Appearance: Long, black hair that almost reaches her waist tied into two pigtail buns (think Rosa from BW2), denim overall shorts over a dirtied white t-shirt. Fairly pale skin and deep violet eyes. Stands at about 5' and has quite a petite figure.

Pokemon:

Name: Monty
Species: Ekans
Personality: Being an extremely small specimen of his kind, Monty is very timid and prefers to remained coiled around Pepper's shoulders whenever possible, as he is fiercely loyal to her. While he is easily frightened by people, this results in him being quick to lash out and bare his fangs in an effort to defend himself, as oppose to hiding away.
History: Pepper discovered Monty while rummaging through some rubbish bins in a secluded alleyway behind an apartment building while she was searching for food and dirt poor. Initially terrified, Pepper soon realised the baby Ekans was in the same boat and befriended him rather quickly though cautiously as she shared food with him. Soon, he accepted her as his trainer and battled alongside her in spite of his small stature, which unfortunately hampers him in battle more than the two would like to admit.

Why, thanks! Here's my character, so just tell me if there's anything you feel I need to change.

Name:
Ryan 'Roger' Dermont
Sexuality: Asexual
Personality: Sums himself up as 'reserved', 'inquisitive', and 'open-minded'. Others, however, have used such words as 'grumpy' and 'cynical' to describe him (among others, often in pairs with rather unsavoury curses). He admittedly isn't the best at dealing with people, particularly the loud or invasive types, but can maintain himself in a professional and polite (enough) manner in most cases. He can be more open and friendly with anyone who actually gets to know him better, but his negative traits often put people off, so no one usually sticks around him too long. Likes to read a lot of books, having a particular fondness for both sci-fi and crime/ mystery stories. Hasn't quite figured out exactly what he want to devote his life to yet, and currently lives aimlessly, hoping for some purpose or goal to shake up his life.
History: Ryan was born into a rather average family and lived the majority of his early life in Coumarine City in Kalos. He was the third and last child in his family with two older siblings, both of whom were twin sisters named Abbie and Annie, and had to endure the annoyance of being the only boy in his household (save for his Dad, perhaps). He took to reading a lot of books and newspapers over adopting his siblings more outgoing tendencies, and developed into a rather keen young man with an ever expanding vocabulary. His social skills didn't see the same growth, but Ryan saw this as a fair trade. He eventually left home to travel around Kalos on his own journey at 16 years old, but as opposed to most, didn't take the challenge of battling with the Gym Leaders of the region. He still battled with other trainers, but instead focused on the exploration side of the journey, searching every nook and cranny for something that could fascinate him. Some goal or aspiration he could devote his life to. Unfortunately, he never found such a thing, and ultimately decided to set aside his adventuring days. Years later would find him living alone in Corsaire-de-Milo, living a little aimlessly without any true ambition of his own to drive him outside of the day-to-day tasks he needed to make a living. Currently works at a news office as a call operator...but maybe, just maybe, a good adventure could rekindle his old inquisitive spirit.
Appearance: Stands at about 5'6 in height, has a very slightly tanned skin complexion (but otherwise would be fairly pale), and is rather average as far as body types go (neither large or small, not too thin but definitely not muscular). He has a head of dirty-blonde hair, mid-length and tousled, often getting his eyes in the wind (to his annoyance, but he refuses to get a cut). His eyes are a dull-grey in colouration. Usually wears a plain black t-shirt with a khaki-green hoodie (which he wears unzipped) layered over it, a pair of dark blue denim jeans with a simple black belt holding them firmly to his waist, and a pair of casual black shoes. Could be described as a bit scruffy, but otherwise not untidy. Doesn't really make an effort to look anything special.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: Has somewhat of a coffee addiction, only rivalled by his craving for the divine delicacy known as a “crumpet”. Prefers to be called by his middle name for reasons he refuses to explain to anyone.

Pokemon:

Name: Raika
Species: Manectric
Personality: Quiet, but otherwise quite pleasant. Never too far from Ryan's side, and should they be separated for any extended period of time, she will become panicked. In this event, or the event she or Ryan are threatened, she can turn quite vicious indeed.
History: Bred in a batch of Electrike purposed specifically for battle, Raika was found to be a cut beneath the other six eggs, and as such was deemed undesirable by her breeder. She was brought from the breeder by Ryan's father, who decided to gift it to him at the age of 13. While Raika and Ryan's relationship started out rough, they inevitably grew very close, eventually setting off into the world together three years later. She evolved into a Manectric during their Kalos journey, and remained by Ryan's side alongside one other of the Pokemon he befriended when he decided to pack in the adventuring business (the rest were entrusted to his twin sisters, who found loving homes for them).
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: She wears a small yellow scarf around her neck.

Name: Blathers
Species: Chatot
Personality: Easily excitable, likes to repeat anything it hears (but doesn't quite understand what it says), and often has a bad habit of stealing food from Ryan, or indeed anyone, when they're distracted. Very attached to Ryan despite irritating him a lot.
History: A Pokemon that Ryan stumbled across during his early adventuring days, and one he hasn't quite been able to get rid of ever since. Funnily enough, he first encountered it in the middle of Lumiose City...where it came from exactly, however, was a mystery in itself. The only other Pokemon besides Raika to stay with Ryan when he gave the rest away, to Ryan's initial dismay. Although Ryan finds Blathers to be an irritating presence to this day, he hasn't the heart to neglect the small flying type.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: Much like Raika, Blathers wears a small yellow accessory; in his case it's a small ribbon loosely tied around his neck.

Why, thanks! Here's my character, so just tell me if there's anything you feel I need to change.

Name:
Ryan 'Roger' Dermont
Sexuality: Asexual
Personality: Sums himself up as 'reserved', 'inquisitive', and 'open-minded'. Others, however, have used such words as 'grumpy' and 'cynical' to describe him (among others, often in pairs with rather unsavoury curses). He admittedly isn't the best at dealing with people, particularly the loud or invasive types, but can maintain himself in a professional and polite (enough) manner in most cases. He can be more open and friendly with anyone who actually gets to know him better, but his negative traits often put people off, so no one usually sticks around him too long. Likes to read a lot of books, having a particular fondness for both sci-fi and crime/ mystery stories. Hasn't quite figured out exactly what he want to devote his life to yet, and currently lives aimlessly, hoping for some purpose or goal to shake up his life.
History: Ryan was born into a rather average family and lived the majority of his early life in Coumarine City in Kalos. He was the third and last child in his family with two older siblings, both of whom were twin sisters named Abbie and Annie, and had to endure the annoyance of being the only boy in his household (save for his Dad, perhaps). He took to reading a lot of books and newspapers over adopting his siblings more outgoing tendencies, and developed into a rather keen young man with an ever expanding vocabulary. His social skills didn't see the same growth, but Ryan saw this as a fair trade. He eventually left home to travel around Kalos on his own journey at 16 years old, but as opposed to most, didn't take the challenge of battling with the Gym Leaders of the region. He still battled with other trainers, but instead focused on the exploration side of the journey, searching every nook and cranny for something that could fascinate him. Some goal or aspiration he could devote his life to. Unfortunately, he never found such a thing, and ultimately decided to set aside his adventuring days. Years later would find him living alone in Corsaire-de-Milo, living a little aimlessly without any true ambition of his own to drive him outside of the day-to-day tasks he needed to make a living. Currently works at a news office as a call operator...but maybe, just maybe, a good adventure could rekindle his old inquisitive spirit.
Appearance: Stands at about 5'6 in height, has a very slightly tanned skin complexion (but otherwise would be fairly pale), and is rather average as far as body types go (neither large or small, not too thin but definitely not muscular). He has a head of dirty-blonde hair, mid-length and tousled, often getting his eyes in the wind (to his annoyance, but he refuses to get a cut). His eyes are a dull-grey in colouration. Usually wears a plain black t-shirt with a khaki-green hoodie (which he wears unzipped) layered over it, a pair of dark blue denim jeans with a simple black belt holding them firmly to his waist, and a pair of casual black shoes. Could be described as a bit scruffy, but otherwise not untidy. Doesn't really make an effort to look anything special.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: Has somewhat of a coffee addiction, only rivalled by his craving for the divine delicacy known as a “crumpet”. Prefers to be called by his middle name for reasons he refuses to explain to anyone.

Pokemon:

Name: Raika
Species: Manectric
Personality: Quiet, but otherwise quite pleasant. Never too far from Ryan's side, and should they be separated for any extended period of time, she will become panicked. In this event, or the event she or Ryan are threatened, she can turn quite vicious indeed.
History: Bred in a batch of Electrike purposed specifically for battle, Raika was found to be a cut beneath the other six eggs, and as such was deemed undesirable by her breeder. She was brought from the breeder by Ryan's father, who decided to gift it to him at the age of 13. While Raika and Ryan's relationship started out rough, they inevitably grew very close, eventually setting off into the world together three years later. She evolved into a Manectric during their Kalos journey, and remained by Ryan's side alongside one other of the Pokemon he befriended when he decided to pack in the adventuring business (the rest were entrusted to his twin sisters, who found loving homes for them).
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: She wears a small yellow scarf around her neck.

Name: Blathers
Species: Chatot
Personality: Easily excitable, likes to repeat anything it hears (but doesn't quite understand what it says), and often has a bad habit of stealing food from Ryan, or indeed anyone, when they're distracted. Very attached to Ryan despite irritating him a lot.
History: A Pokemon that Ryan stumbled across during his early adventuring days, and one he hasn't quite been able to get rid of ever since. Funnily enough, he first encountered it in the middle of Lumiose City...where it came from exactly, however, was a mystery in itself. The only other Pokemon besides Raika to stay with Ryan when he gave the rest away, to Ryan's initial dismay. Although Ryan finds Blathers to be an irritating presence to this day, he hasn't the heart to neglect the small flying type.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning: Much like Raika, Blathers wears a small yellow accessory; in his case it's a small ribbon loosely tied around his neck.
Looks fantastic! I'll finally get to posting the main thread now :D