• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The path to become a Pokemon master

"Nope mot falling for your tricks." Phoenix knew that Lee was up to something. Knowing that he had to finish the battle soon, Phoenix knew the move he had to use. "Use toxic Marowack!" Marowack jumped back and threw a large ball of poison from it's firey bone at Snorlax. Upon hit the move would cause them to be poisoned and cause health to be lost on each turn.

This is what they had been waiting for, Phoenix thought as the brick break came at Marowack. "Marowack use thunder punch to counter the brick break." Marowack noded and brought back the hand that did not hold the bone and charged up a punch. It seemed to crakle with energy and came up to block the charging Snorlax.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Ryu ran back up to James and Fuji, “Hey guys, sorry for running off back there, but it turns it’s good that I followed Croagunk. There were some Pokemon thieves and he along with a girl named Allie helped me sort of stop them. They ended running away.” Ryu released Croagunk from his Poke ball. “Croagunk also ended up joining my team!” Ryu then looked back to up to Fuji. “I just realised something, I don’t think you told me your name yet have you?” He asked as he looked at Fuji.

Not only did that punch block the attack but with the help of Poision snorlax fainted. "Fair fight." Exclaimed Lee. He was thinking about making a new team. "Alright im going to go to the poke center and grab some pokèmon from the pc and heal and put some away." Explained Lee. "Message me where you will be and i will come Cya!" He ended.

"Why not use the one in my apartment. It works just like the ones in the poke center." Phoenix spoke as he recalled Marowack who was happy to have won her first battle with Snorlax. She had waited a long time to finally beat lee and his team.

"By the way you know that I could heal your pokemon as well. I have been trained for that you know, or did you forget. Also I think this is the first time I have actually beat you when you brought out Snorlax. Also what do you say we go get a bit to eat my treat."

"Okay i would love to go get something to eat." Exclaimed Lee . After about 10 minutes his pokèmon were healed and he went to the pc to get some new pokèmon. The only pokèmon he kept were Umbreon , Lucario and Charizard. Lee had left an egg at the lab till it hatched and it was a rockruff egg. He was excited he could now have a rockruff and now he had to choose 2 more pokèmon to bring on the journey. "You know what i want to bring Frogadier and Scyther." Exclaimed Lee.
So that would be his team for the journey.
"So Phoenix lets go get these new trainers and grab something to eat." Said a hungry Lee

"Sure just let me chage out my pokemon. You know these one have always been more battle minded." Phoenix walked over and placed the three pokemon he used for battling into the pokebox, and then took out some of his more gentle and loving pokemon. "Besides I am still working with Litten after she was abandoned by her previous trainer. Poor thing still will not go to many people."

After he was done with that, Phoenix walked over to his bag and picked it up. He had made sure to pack everything he needed for the trip incase they did not go back to the apartment. "Ok I am ready lets head out." With that Phoenix walked out of the appartment and held the door open for Lee.

Thinking that the trainers might still be on the first route, he headed that way. "You know it is nice to finally be back travelling again. It has been awhile for us to have this time to be with each other. Unova was fun, hopefully Sinnoh will be as well."

Lee was thinking, "Yeah this will be a new start. And its not just us 2 this time!" He exclaimed. He smiled as Umbreon was still walking beside him. "Do you think these new trainers have a future and could one day beat us?" Lee asked. Lee was really interested in these trainers he wanted them to be good at battling for the future.

Little did the two know that Jim had been watching the entire time.
He had twisted his plans and followed the Phoenix person that he had challenged earlier, finding that he was challenged by someone else. The battle was intense, and had a great amount of fire in it.
Heh, these blokes know how to fight!
Unfortunately, Jim had to watch from the top of a nearby building, so he couldn't see that well. He watched as they went into to Pokemon Center, and followed Phoenix and the other boy. He intercepted them at the route.
"You blokes sure know how to put on a show. That was a bloody great match you just preformed."

"Yeah I know what you mean. I loved our time together, it really strengthened our friendship. You know you helped me to be a better battler. I know I am not someone to just battle because I can, but I know that some of the pokemon that are my friends enjoy it, so I am glad that you taught me how to battle as well as I do." Phoenix had a smile on his face as he spoke about the time he spent learning to battle from Lee.

"You know I think they might have some potential once they get all of the rushness out of them. Two of them seem to rush into things way too much." Phoenix had to chuckle at that. He remembered when he first met Lee. The boy seemed to be like that as well, but now that they were starting another journey, it just seemed right that they help others along the way.

When the Jim fellow caught up to the two friends, Phoenix was not unhappy to hear that they had been spotted, but was a bit embarrassed to say the least. He was never one to be spotted battling. "Well it was just a way for old friends to get to know one another again. I am not one to battle just to battle, unless my pokemon would enjoy it. My name is Phoenix by the way."

Fuji watched as Ryu left him and James for a Croagunk in Jubilife City. Wondering where he was going, he tailed along behind him, but only a good distance away. He watched as Ryu bumped into a frantic girl before rushing headlong after the Croagunk towards Route 204. Deciding to take his time with this and thinking that it couldn't have been that urgent, he instead went towards the route he was more interested in going in.

As he made his way towards Route 218, he heard a disturbing sound. A robotic sound. But it didn't sound normal. In fact, it sounded partially scared and angry. He ran ahead until he saw a strange man sitting on a rowboat, trying to get a Voltorb onto his boat. This strange man didn't wear the strange uniform the other guys held that Ryu and Eve's trainer took care of, but he was still strange, nonetheless, and was harassing a Voltorb regardless.

"Hey, animate PokeBall, you either become mine and get your battery, or you leave and I keep my spoils," the man yelled.

Knowing Voltorb feed off of electrical energy, that was basically like holding a plate of pancakes above your head and keeping it away from a kid. The Voltorb didn't seem to know any attacks, as it refused to do anything but protest loudly.

It was time for action.

Before he could think, Fuji let loose his Shinx on the man, pointing at him and yelling "Ice Fang!"

The Shinx leapt toward the fisherman with ice coating her teeth. The fisherman flipped out and had thrown the battery back on land, to which the Voltorb gladly sucked the rest of the energy out of, while the Shinx laughed at the flailing man. Looking back at the boy, the Voltorb felt a sense of repayment and began to roll slightly towards the fisherman. Hearing the hum get higher in pitch from the rolling ball, the fisherman freaked out again and began paddling away as fast as he could. The hum ceased and the Voltorb rolled towards Fuji. The young boy knelt down and the Voltorb expressed its gratitude by gesturing towards his vacant PokeBall. Smiling, Fuji pulled it out and tapped the ecstatic Ball Pokemon, happy he got a new addition to the ever expanding team.

Taking his Shinx up on his shoulder, he walked back to Jubilife City, where he met up with Ryu and the girl, who were just coming back. Smiling at Ryu, Fuji waved and nodded. "The name's Fuji, and this is my partner Shinx, called Lux. While you were gone, I also caught a Voltorb. I don't know what to name it, yet, but I'll figure out a name for him later. Anyway, what are you going to be? I want to be the Champion!" Fuji let it out in quite the yell as he mentally pumped himself up to be quite the big'un.

Jayblade

Ryu grinned, “Well that’s funny Fuji, because what I want to be is champion too.” Ryu then clenched his fist, “I’m gonna be champion Fuji, no ones gonna stop me. Me and my Pokemon will defeat the champion Cynthia. Her Garchomp’s got nothing on Croagunk and Chimchar!” Chimchar and Croagunk both cheered along with Ryu’s determination, no matter how arrogant he was being.

Fuji looked at Ryu with a deadpan look. Even he was a little more careful about saying stuff like that, let alone thinking like that. In fact, his careful planning of things like this had him win most fights, especially if he knew what the team was that he was facing. It wasn't just her Garchomp who was tough as nails, it was the rest of her team. Milotic, Roserade, Gastrodon, Spiritomb, Garchomp, Lucario, Togekiss, Eelektross, and Braviary. The last two, he knew that she used them as a part of her team while on vacation somewhere in Unova, so hopefully that meant she won't use them in the battle... Of course, he had to think about the Elite Four members first. Well, the Gym Leaders come first, of course, but he just couldn't help but think about getting up there like the rest of the big names.

His contemplative look was replaced by a more jolly and ambitious one before he began talking, his tone more snide than anything else. "First, you gotta get through the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four. They are quite the pain to deal with, and I have been studying them. Of course, if you don't go at it a few times, you won't be able to know what you are dealing with, let alone get close to beating them. The Bug-Type Elite Four member, Aaron, is quite difficult, and even though he has a crippling weakness to Fire, he knows how to utilize his Pokemon's strengths to defend himself from his weaknesses," Fuji looked almost triumphant at the fact he held something over Ryu... Well, he assumed so anyway, and that's a level head and a cool, calm demeanor during battle.

Last edited:

Jayblade

Despite what Fuji said Ryu still dreamed of beating the Elite Four and eventually, Cynthia. “Ehh, whatever, I still think I’m able to get that far.” Ryu then had a thought, “Speaking of gyms I’m gonna be on my way to challenge the first gym soon. As I know Roark uses rock types, Croagunk also being fighting type has an advantage over him!”

Jayblade

Ryu was then spoken to by Allie, “Um...um...” Ryu didn’t know what to say, someone els asking to travel, a girl as well, Ryu has never and never will be good with communication wise. “I mean sure you can Allie, come and join the group.” Croagunk and Chimchar both went over to Eevee to say hello. Chimchar tried to show off in front of Eve by using ember, he then proceeded to get jabbed by Croagunk.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve gave the Chimchar a rather amused look, before jumping off Allie's head and cloaking her entire body in fire. She smirked slightly, much to Allie's chagrin. Allie was most likely the only one that knew what this move was, and it wasn't normal: Sizzly Slide.
"Eve, stop that," she reprimanded. Eve immediately shut down her flames, her ears twitching.
She smiled at the group. "Thank you so much. I haven't really done much journeying before, so I was worried that I'd have to do this alone. I'm a bit... of a ditz, if you can't tell." She laughed awkwardly, trying to make light of her own flaws.

Jayblade

Ryu smiled warmingly, “Nah it’s good, I’m not perfect myself, if I’m being honest I’m a bit of a hothead, that’s why me and Chimchar are a perfect match.” Chimchar jumped onto Ryu’s shoulder. “Anyways Allie what are you looking to achieve on your journey?” Ryu asked curiously, “Me, Fuji and James here are aiming to become the champion of the Sinnoh league and face Cynthia.”

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The teen smiled, her brown eyes glimmering with passion. "I wanna do that too! I really hope to be in the League someday, like my sister did! She even won one of the leagues, with her Mega Altaria! Oh, and I want to try these Contests too. We have Performances back in Kalos, but they're pretty different. It'll be fun to try something new!"
Eve, out of excitement, stood up on her hind legs while on Allie's shoulder and let out a triumphant cry. She unfortunately forgot about gravity and proceeded to fall backwards. Begrudgingly, Moon managed to catch the Evolution Pokemon with Psychic.

Jayblade

“So you have a sibling too huh, I have an older brother named Kenji. He’s never won a league but he’s beaten the battle frontier, which is still awesome right!” He reminisced about he would once watch his brother battle, he even witnessed him defeat Brandon, the head frontier brain. “Your sister uses mega evolution! That’s soo cool! I’ve always wanted to use it.” Ryu then returned his two Pokemon. “Anyways If us four want to to challenge the gyms I think we should be on our way to Oreburgh city, it’s quite a trek but if we have all supplies to keep us safe on the journey then we should be good.”

"Well I do not battle very often. I am officially a breeder, whi would also qualify as a nurse. I am not one to battle often. Lee here is the one who has brought me into helping him train for the pokemon league in Unova, so the pokemon that I had that liked to battle were the ones I used back there. No one has really called me a trainer before, so thanks for the complement on that." Phoenix looked to Umbre who was by his side, she had always been by his side since their first journey in Kanto. Since then they had travelled to four other regions and have gained the knowledge of pokemon through those journeys.

"Now why I am helping out the newbies, is because I was asked by Professor Rowen to accompany them on their journey if they would like me to. It is not like I would not have made the trip myself, but it would be nice to travel in a group. Besides I have always wanted to see the sights of Sinnoh. I may have a place here, but it is fairly new, and has been renovated while I was in Kanto working on my parent's ranch for a bit." Phoenix spoke in soft melodic tones that shown his musical voice. He still had his violin in his hand, which he took everywhere with him.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie swung her backpack in front of her chest, rummaging through it. "Yep, looks like I've got all the necessities. Couple of Potions, a couple Revives, some Berries, and some Great Balls just in case." She smiled. "The Gym Leader is Rock-type, I hear? Hmm... Moon, how's Magical Leaf coming along?"
The Psychic and Fairy-type spoke in somewhat dissonant telepathy. 'It is coming along nicely. Not as powerful as I'd like, but you can't win them all.'

Jayblade

“There’s just one more person you have to meet before we go.” Ryu remembered Phoenix’s apartment block and number. “There’s this guy called Phoenix who’s super smart and he’ll definitely make for an essential member of our group. He’s a Pokemon breeder and he’s the one who taught me and James how to catch Pokemon.” Ryu then walked to the right. “Come on you guys I’ll take you to his apartment.”

Ryu arrived outside our Phoenix’s apartment to see Phoenix just outside. “Hey Phoenix!” Ryu exclaimed as he ran over, “Are you ready to get on our journey with us, we’re gonna be going to the gym soon.”

Last edited:
Fuji listened to what everyone had to say, but he was experiencing a mood shift at the moment. All he wanted to do was be left alone now. His Shinx noticed this, and Lux started looking a bit uneasy. It's not that Fuji has ever mistreated his Pokemon when he goes into his more negative mood, but he does get a pretty irritable to other people, something that Lux doesn't exactly like.

To keep his mind off of his trainer's mood, Lux took a gander at the Pokemon nearby. An Eevee, Ralts, Chimchar, Croagunk, and he few others he had seen, but not much cared for. What he really cared for was if any of them were female, and there were two. He decided to try and work his charm with the sassy Eevee first and walked alongside her as Fuji followed Ryu. Of course, his pick up game was pretty bad, as he just purred charmingly before winking at Eve, saying <My, my, what a fiery, yet beautiful sight we have here. Tell me, do you ever get an interest with other Pokemon?>

Meanwhile, a young boy named Josh was on his way from Kanto to start his journey. He had an egg that was given to him by his father in alola. The egg started to crack while on the plane and Josh was getting really excited. "What type of Pokémon will this be?" He thought. He just couldn't wait to get off that plane and start his journey in this new area.

10 minutes later, Josh had finally arrived in Sinnoh! He was pumped and ready to explore. Then, suddenly he started hearing scratching from his bag.... His egg had hatched into a rockruff! Josh was ready to start his journey. He decided to name the rockruff Rocky. And just like that he headed for the city of the first gym leader.

Jayblade

Chimchar looked towards the Shinx with a cold stare. What he then said translated to “Hey you! Stop trying to pull her, I don’t think she’d be at all interested in a runt like you!”

Of course all Ryu could here was Chimchar saying his name over and over again, but he noticed Chimchar was getting pretty heated up, literally. He then noticed Fuji’s Shinx was trying to woo Eve over, he then laughed. “Ooh someone’s getting a little jealous aren’t they Chimchar.” Chimchar then glared at Ryu before running over tin Shinx, challenging it to a battle.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve stared at the Shinx blankly for a moment, seemingly trying to process what had just been said. She then tried to bite back laughter, and did a good job at it.
<That's adorable,> the Evolution Pokemon chuckled in her native speech. <Nice try, though.>
Moon looked rather faint. 'No... No battles, please... Is no other Pokemon here sane? Does no one realize the 132 different reasons that a battle is a terrible idea?'

Jayblade

Croagunk just say watching everything around go crazy. He then noticed Moon the Ralts, the seemingly only other normal Pokemon. Croagunk is definitely a battler, just as much as Chimchar, but he is no where near as hotheaded and reckless as him. Croagunk approached moon, <These guys definitely have a few screws loose don’t they.>

"Yeah I am ready when you are. Hey I want to you to meet one of my friends from Unova. Ryu, this is Lee. Lee this Ryu. I see you have a new pokemon and made some new friends along the way." Turning to Allie and Fuji, he spoke to the two. "It is nice to meet you. My name is Phoenix, and I had agreed to help you Ryu here on his journey. This is Umbre, she has been with me for a long time."

Umbre smirked at Eve and the others speaking. She knew they were young, and it shown in how they acted. Turning to the Ralts, Umbre spoke to her. <Hello there, my name is Umbre. It is nice to see a pokemon who does not want to fight carelessly.>

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Moon opted to speak in Poke-speech, forgoing her typical haphazard telepathy. <A few? The understatement of the year, right there. And I thought Eve was on the edge of insanity. It seems us three are the only sane ones here. I'm all for battling, in fact, I enjoy it as a simple pastime, but this is not the time nor place to do it! See, there are so many things that could go wrong...> She instantly launched into a rather unintimidating rant about the possible dangers of an impromptu battle, her reasons ranging from surprisingly logical to overly paranoid. Her voice was high-pitched and not at all angry-sounding.

Allie glanced down at the small psychic-type, who she could not understand. "Ha... Seems that Moon's quite opposed to those two having a battle."
Eve swished her tail. <Really? Come oooonnn, Moon! It'll be fun! Then I can fight the victor~>
Moon gave no indication that she'd heard, continuing to rant on and on to Umbre and Croagunk. In the meantime, Allie turned to Phoenix.
"Hi! My name's Allie. Oh - you have an evolution of Eevee! That's cool! Eve here can't evolve, for some reason-" Eve let out an annoyed growl in response.
Allie gave a slight glare at the small Pokemon. "It's true!"
Eve mimicked her trainer in Poke-speech, complete with the paw motions, before turning away.
Allie sighed. "Yeah. Eve's... uh... a handful."

Jayblade

Ryu turned to Lee, “You’re from Unova? That’s cool, my brother told me about the Unova region, he said it’s nice there.” Ryu then heard the comment Allie made about Eve being a handful. “You think Eve’s a handful? She’s nothing compared to Chimchar. I like that he’s always battle ready but so far he wants to battle every Pokemon he sees.” Ryu then returns Chimchar to his Poke ball to prevent him from battling, “Anyways guys I guess we should get on our way, let’s hope we don’t run into those thieves again though, I’d be worried for them, this time Chimchar and Croagunk will blast ‘em away.”

Last edited:
Lee just stayed silent, His mask was on so nobody knew he was almost the Champion of Unova. He put all of his strong pokemon away such as Charizard and Lucario and only kept Umbreon on his team. Umbreon walked by him and he turned to Phoenix reminding him that Lee does not talk to strangers because they might know who he is.

Jayblade

Ryu looked towards Lee, “Hey why are you wearing a mask, are you weird or something we can’t even see you.”’He said before laughing. Even though Lee wasn’t an uncommon name, he felt like he had heard it recently, but he couldn’t think where. He felt like maybe he had heard off of his brother. But Lee is a common name so in the end he thought it was just a coincidence, if only he could get a good look of his face.

Lee still just stood there, He was using sign launguage to tell them all we should continue our journey now and head for the first gym. Umbreon agreed with a "Umbreon!' .

Meanwhile just entering the city, Josh was exstatic and ready to catch a Pokèmon. He was training up Rocky in a small area full of pokèmon. Suddenly, He saw a weird coloured pokèmon. It was a ghost. Josh thought what pokèmon is a white ghost and he came to realisation that it was a Shiny Gastly!
"Rocky Use Scratch!" Ordered Josh. But it just went through the gastly having no effect. Josh realised he would have to use a different move or just chance it by throwing a pokeball already.
"Rocky use Bite!" He exclaimed.
It didnt damage the gastly too much but it was defiently enough to catch it now.
Josh threw a pokeball and 1..2...3 Caught!
Josh and rocky both jumped up in the air in joy! They had just caught a shiny pokemon! Then they trotted off to find some new people to meet.

"Well I forgot to mention that Lee here is not used to new people. He wants to see how someone acts before they know him. Don't mind him at all." Phoenix had a forced smile on his face as looked to Lee. For someone who knew him, would know that he was not please with how rude his friend was acting. Reading the sgin language that Lee used, Phoenix understood. "You are right Lee lets get going. We have a lot of ground to cover anyway if we want to make it to the gym."

Umbre smiled as she took in the actics of the small eevee. She was happy to see her joyous nature. "Well I will not stop you from ranting, but you also have to think about what it is like for other people who do enjoy battling as a hobby. A few the pokemon that Phoenix has raised love to battle. Phoenix may be opposed to battling, but he still lets the pokemon that want to battle with him. Though he may not look it, Phoenix is actually a great battler."

On Phoenix's belt a pokeball began to shake. It started out small and then grew bigger as the pokemon broke free. Once the light faded, a small white vulpix appeared. She looked around the group and smiled, and then turned to Phoenix to be picked up. "Hey there Frost. I can see that you wanted to come out and meet everyone." Bending down, Phoenix picked up the Alolan vulpix and held her in his arms. "Guys I would like you to meet Frost." Frost looked up to the others and noded in greeting.