• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The path to become a Pokemon master

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
As Ryu was running he nearly bumped into a worried looking girl that looked about his age. “Sorry about that.” He apologised as he then continued to follow Croagunk into the forest area just outside Jubilife city. He noticed some men in strange suits who really looked like they were up to something. “Is this what you wanted to show me?” Croagunk nodded. The strange men then looked in Ryu’s direction. He may have been noticed.

Phoenix walked calmly to the door. Never had been one ti get too overly excited, but that did not stop him from walking a bit faster then he normally did to get there. With one movement, he had opened the door with a smile on his fave. "Hey Lee. What a pleasant surprise. Come in, is there anything I can get you?" Umbre was by Phoenix's side. She had liked Lee and thought he was a good friend for her friend, and it shown in how kind the guy was.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"Oh, sorry - hey, can you help me?" she called after him, trailing behind the boy and his Croagunk. Maybe they could help her find Eve...
Her question was answered when the boy stopped, looking at two familiar people in strange outfits. Her expression turned positively enraged, as her hand instinctively moved to her second Pokeball on her belt.
"Hey! Give me back my Eevee, right now!" she cried, trying to sound braver than she actually was. She released her other Pokemon from her Pokeball: an oddly-coloured Ralts, who glared forward at the pair.

Lee walked into the room. "No thanks i wont need anything." He exclaimed. He proceeded to stroke Umbre. "Hey do you wanna see eevee?" Lee asked. He released Umbreon from his pokèball as he had recently evolved. "Hes a big boy now like you!" Lee exclaimed. While the two were playing he explained to Phoenix why he had come. "Anyway Phoenix i kind or just come back from Unova and need a place to stay for a little bit. Could i stay here if thats okay with you?"

"Of course anything for a friend. Come on I will show you to your room." Phoenix walked over to a door that was across from the large bookcases, opening the door showed a room that looked to be very comfortable and well furnished. With a double bed, and an ensuite bathroom the room looked like it could hotel room with the set up. "Here you go. This is the spare bedroom. I do not mind putting you up for a bit, though I will say that I will be helping some new trainers om their journey, so I do not know how long I will be here."

Umbre was happy to see that her friend had become an Umbreon as well. It was a great thing for her, now she had someone to practice her moves with.

Lee thought for a moment, "New trainers?" He asked. Lee could go with them for a new journey! It would be a great way to train and he could take part in the league! He then thought about challenging Phoenix to a pokèmon battle to test his strength and it could give him time to think about if he wants to come or not. Lee exclaimed "Do you want to have a Pokèmon battle?"

Jayblade

Ryu has seen that they had captured the girl’s Eevee, and she became enraged and sent out her weirdly coloured Ralts. Ryu was about to release Chimchar before Croagunk turned around, shaking to his head and pointing to himself. Croagunk wanted Ryu to use him in battle. “You really want me to use you, you’re not even my Pokemon! Well if you want me then let’s go Croagunk!” Croagunk stared down the thieves, they had captured many of his friends from the forest, he wanted them back.

"Yeah they should be here a bit later. They are probably out catching some pokemon by now. I told them to meet me here before they leave town that way I can go with them." Phoenix walked over to the PC that he had in his home. Knowing that he was a breeder, this was something that came in handy when he wanted a specific pokemon, he decided to switch out some of the pokemon he had to some of his more battle pokemon. "Sure if you want to have a battle then I do not mind. We can go up to the roof. There is a battle area there that we can use."

Phoenix thought for a moment and decided to send out one of his best fire types. Throwing up a pokeball a white light was sent out and in that appeared a Delphox. She looked around, and her gaze landed on the Lucrio. With a look that ment business, she threw her stick into the air and caught it after a couple of spins.

"Lets see what you can do Lee." Phoenix may not be one to battle often, but that did not stop him from being a good triner to pokemon who might want to battle more.

"Delphox use telekinesis!" Delphox smiled and raised the branch as lucario came down to attack, she sent them right back into the air and would hold them there for a moment as she prepared her next attack.

Phoenix smiled as he thought of this plan. "Now use flamethrower right at them." With that she sent a large beam of fire at the lucario.

Lucario was beamed by the flamethrower. By this time the telekinesis has wore off and he dropped to the ground. Lee was suprised he remembers from when Delphox was a braixen! It had gotten stronger since last time.
"Lucario can you still fight!" Asked Lee. Lucario nodded. Lee thought if he could just get past that telekiesis he would be good.
"Lucario Use Power Up Punch!" Ordered Lee. Lucarios fist started to glow as he ran towards the pokèmon! He swung at it.

"Delphox use iron tail!" Phoenix shouted. He wanted to see how powerfull that Lucario was. Knowing how much he hit for would be a great advantage.

The branch that delphox held became more solid and shined as if it was made of iorn. With a might swing, she brought the branch up to block, but fell through with it and let it slip and collide with her arm. She winced a bit, but was not as bad as it could have been.

Jayblade

Ryu went towards the girl, “Don’t worry I’ll get your Eevee for you, I may need backing up though, so work with me will ya.” Ryu then started throwing rocks at the scumbags, “Hey you two! How about you give this girl her Eevee back, and from the looks of it all the other Pokemon you’ve captured too.”

The thieves looked in the direction of Ryu as Croagunk readied up for a powerful poison jab.

Phoenix knew that would happen. Though he was not happy that delphox was hit four times by the bone rush, Delphox was still able to battle though one more hit would probably cause her to fient. Thinking for a second, Phoenix knew what delphox had to do. "Delphox use psybeam!"

Delphox whipped around and pointed the branch at Lucario at point blank range and shot a colorful pink and green beam out of it. It headed stright for the dog like pokemon.

If this psybeam hits Lucario he would fient. As it was coming for him Lee could not react quick enough and it smacked lucario in the face and... Lucario Fainted. "....Lucario you done well. Return!" He said.
Lee had to think about who to send out next. Delphox is low and he knew who to choose. Charizard. "CHARIZARD I CHOOSE YOU!" Shouted Lee.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The girl nodded, giving Ryu a sideways glance. "No problem." She turned back to the thieves, and her fists instinctively clenched. "Give back Eve right now, or I'll make you wish you were never born. Moon, Helping Hand and prepare a Psyshock."
The Feeling Pokemon's eyes glowed a harsh blue, as she cast a golden aura over the Croagunk. The Poison-type's next move would hit a lot harder, thanks to Moon. Glowing psychic orbs appeared around her, as she prepared to attack if the thieves resisted.

Meanwhile, the small Eevee was being held by one of the thugs, struggling wildly. She was obviously not pleased. Her ears twitched, as she attempted to charge a move to no avail.

Phoenix knew that Delphox would not last long, but he had to make the most of it while she was still able to battle. Taking a second to get his bearings, he thought of a way to battle. If delphox used psybeam it might confuse charazard enough that they might cause damage to themselves.

"Delphox use psybeam!" Delphox pointed her branch at charazard and shot a beam of swirling pink and green energy at the fire flying type. If hit it might cause them to be confused.

Jayblade

In a strange way Ryu was excited, this would be his first real battle, holding nothing back. The opponents sent out Stunky and Zubat. “Ok Croagunk use poison-“ Croagunk already ran at the opponent before Ryu commanded him to. It landed a poison jab on Zubat. “Nice Croagunk!” Croagunk then ran at Stunky, while he began to use Brick break.

The thieves started to laugh, they both returned their Pokemon. One said to the other, “Come on we have more important things to deal with rather than just little children, the boss needs us.” They both smirked, “Have your pathetic excuse for an Eevee.” He then dropped Eevee onto the floor shoving it away with his foot. He then released the other Pokemon and disappeared into the forest.

Ryu was very confused at what just happened, the battle had ended before it really started, but who were those guys? Ryu turned around, “At least Eevee is safe and sound, any idea who those guys were?”

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The Eevee hardly looked scared, rather incredibly angry. She yelled something in Pokespeak in the direction they'd ran, before turning to her Trainer and smiling sweetly.
Suddenly speaking up, Moon's slightly broken telepathic voice echoed within the two trainers' heads. 'Trust me, you don't want to know what she said. It is rather... profane, by your standards.'
"Eve..." Allie sighed. "Was that necessary?"
Eve gave her a look. "Vee."
The trainer couldn't help but chuckle. "I'll take that as a yes. Eve, I was so worried about you!"

Delphox could not dodge the dragon claw fast enough. It was brought down onto her chest and she fell to the ground. Phoenix brought up her pokeball and returned her as he said. "You did really well Delphox, you deserve a rest."

"Since you brought out a kanto starter, lets see what River can do." Taking out a blue and red pokeball, Phoenix released River. A purple Vaporeon appeared out of the white light and readied for the fire type to make it's move.

Last edited:

Jayblade

Ryu confused after the battle went over to Croagunk, “Hey Croagunk I wanna let you know for the short amount of time you battled, you were really awesome! And I want to know if you’d like to come with me on my journey.” Croagunk hesitated, he was a sort of guardian to the Pokemon of the forest, he turned back to them, they all let him know they’d be alright. He turned back to Ryu, nodded and then pressed the button on the Poke ball himself, Croagunk joined Ryu. He smiled that he caught Croagunk, he was awesome at battling. He walked over to Allie, “Excuse me, I never really got your name I’m Ryu.”

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie smiled. "It's Allie. Nice to meet you. I'm from Kalos, so I'm new to Sinnoh. I decided to travel here after my big sister recommended it to me - she says this region is really beautiful."
Eve mumbled something under her breath, glaring in the direction that the thieves had ran off in. Clearly, being called "pathetic" had rubbed the prideful Normal-type the wrong way.

Jayblade

Ryu smiled, “Wow your from Kalos! I heard it’s amazing there! Yeah but Sinnoh really is great, I love here though so maybe I’m biased.” He joker before letting out a slight chuckle. “Anyways I better be off, I sort of left my friends back there, I hope to see you again, me and you made a good team for the short time it lasted.” Ryu then waved as he ran back into Jubilife in search of James and Fuji.

Phoenix decided to do something a bit unconventional. "River jump out of the way and then use retaliate." He knew that the move would deal more damage because of delphox fainting last turn, well if it hit.

Vaporeon jumped right as soon as the claws were about to hit. He landed a few feet away, and then rushed in to retaliate for the lose of delphox.

Lee thought quickly , "Charizard Use your wings to block, it wont hurt as much!" He explained . Charizard was still hurt quite a bit from the attack so they hard no choice but to go strong. "Charizard Use all of your weight on a body slam!" Ordered Lee. Charizard was obviously alot bigger than Vaporeon so this could deal alot of damage if it hits.

"Quick River use endure!" Shouted Phoenix. He knew he had to act quickly if he wanted River to survive the next attack.

River glowed a bit as the he focused. When the body slam hit, it caused quite a bit of damage, but he was still ok, though he might not be if they do not act quickly.

"Now use water pulse." Phoenix called out the move that might cause the fire type to faint if it hit. River was breathing a bit heavy, but shot out a large ring of water at the fire type in hopes of hitting them.

As the Pulse was coming towards charizard Lee knew he couldnt win so he needed to make the vaporeon faint with him. "Charizard use your remaining energy on a flamethrower!" Commanded Lee . Even though it wouldnt be to effective but it could be enough for it to faint, it was better doing that then not doing anything lee thought. The pulse hit charizard and he fainted. Now Lee is just standing there to see if vaporeon has fainted.

River swayed for a moment, he tried to contiue to fight, but he did not have it in him. River fell onto the ground and fainted. Phoenix was not upset about the fight. He was not a die hard trainer, but he did know his way around a battle if needed. Which was shown in how he fought with Lee.

"You did well River, return. I will make sure you have a nice pool to relax in later." Phoenix returned River to his pokeball and then thought about what pokemon to bring out next.

"It's your turn Marowack." With that Phoenix sent out an Alolan Marowack. He was glad he was able to let the ghost and fire type some time to stretch and battle. She had always been a bit of fighter and it showed in the way she twirled the bone that she held.

Lee wanted to finish this. It was time he brought out a tank to finish this fight. He returned charizard and reached to his pocket. "GO SNORLAX!" Shouted Lee. Surely hes won now. "You have first move." He suggested. Snorlax just sat there it would be hard for him to loose this fight because in most battles Lee and Phoenix had snorlax always clutched lee the victory.

Though Phoenix knew that Lee would use snorlax to win the fight, he also had a few tricks up his sleeve. "Marowack use shadow bone!" With great speed, she rushed the large pokemon and spun the bone around. It became dark purple almost black in color and seemed to be surounded in a purple arua. Upon hit the attack would lower the high defense that snorlax would have.