• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Paragons - Act I

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Subject 8 "Inferno" - Warren Industries Parking Garage
The steam that billowed about the garage was becoming overwhelming, and the only indication of where Inferno was at was the ominous green glow that pulsed from within the thick, heavy steam. The fire extinguisher rolled toward its center, before being struck with a bullet from the resourceful Crosshair. Chemicals jettisoned from the hole left as the extinguisher began to spin, but the sound of that was silenced almost immediately as the light grew nearer. It seemed extinguishers didn't work, either.

Even as the pair left, Inferno didn't stop moving. Shortly after, a hum sounded as the steam began to clear from the room, the sprinklers shutting off as the room was cleared through vents within. The emerald creature's chains slunk back into its arms, melting back into his body as the armed men began to cautiously enter, training their weapons every which way.

@Captain Cardboard @DevVoid

Mash, Damian, Maelstrom - The Atlantic Ocean
When the group reached the top, they were greeted by a gang of a dozen or so heavily armed men. In front of them stood a man much taller than any of them, even outclassing Ignizio by a few inches. Despite his height, the man appeared rather thin, with a tan trench coat covering his body making him appear even larger than he was. He had short, pale blonde hair alongside an unshaven face, with a crooked nose and bright green eyes that seemed to laugh without him needing to so much as chuckle.
He wore combat boots, a pair of cargo pants tucked into them, and a black shirt beneath his trench coat. Weapons could barely be seen hidden beneath this, but he had plenty of other weapons hanging from his pants, sticking out of his boots, or on his trench coat. As he smiled at them, a gold tooth shone brightly, having replaced on of his front teeth. "Hello." He greeted, doing a little bow. "Name's Maelstrom. And you're..." His voice wandered off as his gaze flickered from Mash, to Damian, to Ignizio, to Subject 4649, Kronos, and finally on Skade. His eyebrows raised slightly before he continued. "...very lovely." He winked at her. "Just her though, the rest of you lot look like sorry shite, pardon my French. Save the kid. Looks like my niece."

Mash looked about ready to say something, but stopped himself, biting his tongue as the Maelstrom began to slowly walk in front of them, once again looking them all up and down, silently inspecting them in more detail. It came as now surprise when he lingered on Skade for a moment, before he returned to his men, cocking his head slightly to the side. "Not what I was expecting, I'll be honest. Chuckles was holding out on me all this time?"
"Who?" Damian asked, before he covered his mouth with a hand. This only seemed to amuse Maelstrom, who squinted with a smirk. "Chuckles. Charles Warren. The bloke you lot work for. I was tipped off he'd have something special for me, but I didn't realize it'd be this special." On his emphasis, he winked at Skade again.
"What a pleasant surprise! Lower your weapons, crew. These three Heralds are our special guests."

@BurbleBurble @OmnipotentOnion @The Dark Fairy

Yin Li - Warren Industries Upper Complex
BANG

A shot rang through the air from behind Shuzo, causing him to jolt in surprise and spin on his heel, daito at the ready- only to see Police Chief Li standing at the mouth of an adjacent hallway, her glock's barrel lightly smoking, which she lowered. Her bullet had destroyed a ruined a drone that he had dispatched moments ago, though judging from its still smoldering laser canon mounted on its chest, it had been about to fire at him.

"I had it handled." Shuzo lied as he sheathed his weapon, at which Li raised a brow, holstering her sidearm. "And now I handled it." She replied. "City's flying, if you hadn't already figured that out." She paused, appearing to working over conflicting words before she finally continued with; "You're probably my best ticket of getting off this rock alive, so I'm gonna... stick with you."

@OmnipotentOnion

Subject 6 "Quickdraw" - Warren Industries Lobby
Soon enough, the two arrived in the vast, impressive lobby of the building. The expansive, supermassive chandelier hung above them, swaying dangerously from an explosion earlier, glittering brightly as it moved. "Dunno 'bout you, kid, but that thing's makin' me nervous." Quickdraw stated, staring up at it as he took a puff from a cigar. "Orders is orders, though. Now we just... hang 'round here 'till somethin' comes our way."

With that, the cowboy leaned against the far wall, tucking his hat low over his eyes as he took another puff of his cigar, falling silent while the sounds of muffled gunfire could be heard coming from somewhere within. "Don' mind the weapons fire, either." Quickdraw added. "If it ain't here, we ain't gotta worry 'bout it."

@Shadow_Pup

Patirot - Earth's Atmosphere
What the hell had that been? Supernatural power, that's what. Something he wasn't quite that accustomed to. Had he gone soft, spending all his time dealing with beings far lesser than him? No... that was all that was ever available. To be hit with a punch of this magnitude, it had actually hurt. The sting continued as he felt flames envelope him falling through the air. With a frown, he looked down at his chest to find a hole in his suit, his skin red beneath. Not punctured, but clearly agitated.
That pissed him off.

He suddenly froze in the air, coming to a complete standstill as he clenched his fists, gaze moving upward. Flames licked at his body before quickly dying out as his eyes narrowed. While Larua was miles above, moving down back into the planet with a smug look on his face, Patriot popped his neck, taking in a deep breath- before he disappeared.

Larua's plan had worked, yet only for a few seconds at best. He hadn't even seen Patriot when the Paragon had appeared out of seemingly thin air, a shockwave of the atmosphere thundered a moment later, the air itself shattering for a moment from the sheer speed Patriot had moved, lighting the sky like a trail of nuclear fire.
Suddenly, the Earth was very small, having faded away in the blink of an eye before a crater splintered open the moon, shaking the entire satellite as Larua was slammed into it with a force no being should be capable of. Not a sound was heard, the moon's fresh new crater creating a shockwave that unbalanced the ball of rock, the force of the impact shattering through its crust and revealing the hot magma beneath.

Patriot hovered over, staring down at the destruction with cold eyes that were replaced with a crimson glare. Even before Larua could try to recover from being shattered into Oblivion, a beam of scarlet energy seared through the impact crater, encompassing it in full, boiling the rock into magma within seconds.
After letting the moon be nearly destroyed after a moment, he finally performed his last attack. He stared as Larua's shattered body tried to reform in the pool of magma, before lava cascaded into its orbit, Patriot disappearing once again as he barreled through, slamming Larua's regenerating body through the mantle and directly into the core of the satellite.

@Shadow_Pup

Subject 5 "Obsidian" - Riker Base Lower Complex
He was given no reply, though the clacking continued, prompting Chase to continued forward, coming to an open doorway. Past this doorway was a darkened room, circular in design. Screens hung from every spot on every wall at all angles, all showing something different. One showed some men with guns holding a group hostage- one of which was wearing the Warren logo on his lab coat. Another screen showed the moon, a great red crater on its surface almost like part of it had just been obliterated. Another screen displayed two mysterious figures on a rooftop, one holding the helmet of a severed head lying nearby. There were dozens more like this, showing different scenes, or some of the same scenes from different angles. With a realization, Chase saw that one of the screens showed him, staring into the room.

However, if he were to turn around, he would see nothing to indicate the source of the camera. Obsidian was in the center of the room, an amorphous being sitting on a large chair that contained his mass. One of the largest screens in the room flickered, before it was replaced with words.

Enter.

It prompted. So Chase did, and the chair slowly turned with a mechanical hum, revealing Obsidian in full. He was a man in a vegetative state, his body deformed, with bulbous tumors all about him, his head beyond massive. Small beady eyes stared back at Chase from under the bulbous brain the being possessed, his mouth hung loose, agape. His body seemed shrunken and thin in comparison, bent oddly and sunken in itself. The chair was leaned back to allow his head to rest against it, taking pressure off of his frail body. His hands, meanwhile, seemed somewhat normal save for several extra fingers on both hands, all of his fingers being long, slender, and moving non-stop on a large keyboard that encompassed his lap.
The text on the screen changed.

Hello Dr. Chase. I am Obsidian.

@BurbleBurble

Crosshair followed after Ryg, only pausing at the hole to pull a claymore land mine from his bag, stick it into the rubble, and flick it on. Anyone following them would be in for an explosive and shrapnel-filled surprise. The vigilante followed after the alien quickly, glancing down as Silent Night shapeshifted into a rat.
Big fuckin' rat. Crosshair thought to Silent Night.

Crosshair reloaded his assault rifle, keeping an eye on their six as the pair made their way through the facility. It sounded like this place was just a death trap, flying up with no intention on stopping. Crosshair couldn't fly. Sparkblade couldn't either.
What's the extent of your psychic power? A vigilante named Sparkblade should be up here with us. Do you think you would be able to sense him? Crosshair thought. While your impression of the rockets on the bottom of this thing may be good, I want to figure out for certain if this thing is going to keep going up, or if it's going to crash back into the earth. If it's going to keep going up, we need to get out of here as soon as possible. If not, we need to figure out a way to make it not crash back to the city. Either way, we need to find a way off this rock.

Not used to communicating telepathically, Crosshair couldn't help but to wonder in his head how Silent Night would be able to tell these things about the rockets. Did he have some sort of history with building thing for Nasa? Perhaps he was some sort of super genius engineer who's powers were just devices he had created. But that didn't seem right for Silent Night...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Lady in Black frowned, a little disappointed that Necro had decided to keep the helmet. Oh well. If there was a way to buy a helmet that looked like that one, the Lady in Black would be sure to find it.
"Wonderful darling, that's the spirit. Always good to see the bright side of a negative situation." The Lady in Black said. A massive chunk of asphalt fell from the floating city, crushing a nearby car and activating its car alarm. The Lady merely glanced over at it before continuing walking away from the massive crater.

"Well, it appears that our little venture today was a bust. Do you have any plans for tonight, darling? I'd still be down to have a girl's night." The Lady in Black asked Necrodytis.

Shuzo

The sudden sound of a gunshot ringing from behind him caused Shuzo to jump slightly and whip around to face the potential threat, gripping his blades and preparing for yet another wave of foot-soldiers. However, his battle-ready stance relaxed once his eyes fell on none other than the NYPD Chief of Police, standing over a drone Shuzo thought he had disposed of. Though he had shaken off the apprehension that he had left himself open to an attack that would have killed him, what remained was confusion as to Yin Li's presence on the ship.

"
Yeah, I noticed; nearly got left behind when it started lifting off," Shuzo retorted with a scoff, sheathing his swords. What's she doing here?

The Paragon then straightened up and listened to the rest of the chief's words, raising a brow as she decided that she would 'stick with him'.

"
Uh... flattered."

With that 'smooth' exchange settled, Shuzo returned his attention to the matter at hand, staring at the double doors that led to the garage. There had been a wild din of explosions and gunfire, but in the time it took for Shuzo and Li to talk, the area had fallen eerily quiet. Slowly making his way toward the entrance, he motioned for the Police Chief to follow by and watch his six.

"
Heard a firefight coming from wherever those doors lead. Might be best to tie up any loose ends, assuming the source is just another squadron of....."

His voice began to falter as he was alerted to the faint but rumbling sound of a drill from... the wall right next to him. Swiftly stepping to the side and facing the wall, Shuzo's eyes narrowed as he saw a small crack begin to form in the concrete, fissures slowly branching out as a strange drill began to poke out of the wall. With his swords brandished once more, he kept his gaze trained on the widening hole, ready to expect anything. Finally, Shuzo could see faint movement from within the hole, and a few more tense seconds later, his eyes peered at what had emerged from it.

...Huh. Big f-ckin' rat.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kronos followed the instructions of the men, much to the annoyance of Mash and Dameion. He glanced at Skade and Ignizio, though he did not look concerned, keeping his words to himself and allowing the others to lead.

Scath jumped at the appearance of the plant woman and dog man, flying slightly up, looking at the two as she collected what appeared to be balls of darkness in her hand, glaring at the two, however forgetting the two she had previously had her eyes on inside.

Kerco climbed outside the sewer, taking a step back in shook at the floating city, he had known Warren was up to something based on some information he gathered, from his clients and employers, but this was ludicrous. He took a few minutes before he stepped back into the sewers.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Ryg thought for a moment, briefly standing up in his rodent form to look at himself. 'You got a point. Would've been smarter to just split myself into a small pack of rats equal to the smallest mass I can take on. Ah well, no time for that now. As for your question, I can sense the brainwaves of other living lifeforms in a pretty large radius around me.' Ryg paused to lower himself back on all fours and fully exit the hole, reaching the other side before continuing.

'Speaking of detecting brainwaves, we've got incoming lifeforms. Only two of them. Might be this 'Sparkblade' you asked for. Can't really tell who they are as I can only use my telepathy to communicate and detect, not to read memories. We'll also need to seal this hole, else the people who shot at us in the other room can just follow our trail.'
Ryg communicated over, just acting out like a normal, albeit oversized goliath of a rat, waiting on Crosshair's response on whether or not this was the right person so the alien could shift back to Silent Night.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Larua
Stunned into silence as he was brutally attacked Larua was feeling something he hadn't felt in a long time, fear for his life. He crawled and clawed his way out and raised his hand weakly to the hero and uttered two words he never thought he would utter "I...yield" he said before collapsing forward unconscious but still alive as he body tried to heal the immense damage his body had received.

Infinity
Forsythe continued to fight off drones as best he could while monitoring the area for any further dangers "how many of these darn things are there" he shouted in a frustrated tone as he bashed two drones into each other, glancing up slightly wondering how Patriot and Alex's fight was going down, he had no doubt that Patriot was doing well but he wondered how Alex was faring.

Alright. Crosshair thought as he followed Silent Night down the tunnel. Throwing down his duffel bag once again, Crosshair dug around in it and pulled out yet another claymore land mine. The vigilante stuck it in the rubble, and dug around in his duffel bag for another moment. He produced a small chunk of plastic explosive. Ripping out a small chunk, Crosshair stuck it to the side of the tunnel wall and hooked it to the claymore mine with some wiring. Now if anyone were to follow them and set off the claymore, the plastic explosive would detonate as well and collapse the tunnel. Crosshair switched on the claymore and followed after Silent Night.

Tunnel taken care of. Crosshair thought. Now to deal with the two life forms Silent Night sensed. While it was possible they were friendly, Crosshair didn't want to take any chances. Readying his assault rifle, Crosshair rounded the corner to see... Sparkblade and Chief Li. Quickly lowering his gun, Crosshair nodded to the pair.
"Sparkblade. Chief." Crosshair said. A small turn of fortune in their favor, running into some allies. "We can't go that way. A rather powerful powered being is right behind us. He produces fires that can't be extinguished."

Making his way past the pair, Crosshair gestured to Silent Night's rat form.
"Chief Li, Sparkblade, this is Silent Night. He's a shapeshifting psychic." Crosshair said. "Either of you two figure out why this is happening?"

@DevVoid @OmnipotentOnion @comic

Though he was more confused than battle-ready upon encountering the absolute unit of a rat standing before him, Shuzo kept his blades up, preparing himself to strike should even the subtlest hint of hostility occur. However, his guard instantly relaxed when he saw Crosshair emerge from the tunnel shortly after, and with a short nod of greeting, the Paragon sheathed his swords.

"
Fires that can't be extinguished? Sounds like a pain," Shuzo remarked in response to the marksman's warning, though while he attempted to remain focused on Crosshair's words, his eyes couldn't help but occasionally travel back to the rodent. "Glad you got out in one piece."

Finally, Crosshair was able to assuage Shuzo's concern--albeit only slightly--and introduced him and Chief Li to the rat, calling him 'Silent Night'. A shapeshifting psychic? Well, after weeks of tracking and hunting down Massi, Shuzo supposed he couldn't be all too surprised at what one would find in the hero business. With another nod toward the... the rat, the Paragon let out a quiet sigh.

"
Charmed."

Crosshair had then asked another question, inquiring as to why 'this' was happening, 'this' being--Shuzo assumed--the current state of the Warren Industries facility. Shuzo shrugged before responding, forcefully redirecting his focus to his mission.

"
Beats me; all I know is what my mission is, so I'm headed up the facility to the top floor. Ran into that wind guy while getting in through the tunnels, but he kinda lost his head and I managed to slip through. Which reminds me...."

Shuzo then turned to glance at the Police Chief, voice slightly edged with curiosity even through the voice modulator.

"
How did you get in? I didn't see anyone behind me on the way here."

Deluge

"I wouldn't worry too much about that Infinity," Deluge said cockily. "These guys have a very specific weakness."

As Ansel tossed another couple dozen over the edge of the flying platform. "Which is falling a few thousand feet."

He did continue hoping no one was down below- Because one of those things falling on you would certainly hurt. But this was quite clearly the most efficient way to dispose of them. As another cloud came close, another surge of water spilled forth, adding on to the already impressive quantities. Surging onwards and onwards, whipping up more drones. Some futilely shot their energy blasts into the current, but achieved nothing more than bursts of steam.

With his new efficient method of disposing robots, the Paragons soon found themselves facing a smaller and smaller group of foes. Dozens of bots careened towards their death, smashing their metal bodies into pavement and cement. A practical robot graveyard.

Water surging between the heroes and their robotic enemies, in one last burst, a great number of the drones were caught up in the stream. Ansel simply stayed in place, like a maestro conducting his orchestra, if said orchestra was several thousand gallons of water. Hands pulling water towards the edge, sharply raising it to throw out the unwanted robots.

With their combined efforts, the Paragons had essentially stopped the threat. Granted, it was a threat to them exclusively, but a threat nonetheless. The Folder, Infinity, and Silver Sword had all pulled their weight great, and the others did try! And it didn't seem like any of them were dead, either!

"Welp," Deluge glanced over the edge, glancing at the shrinking cityscape below- Along with the last set of the drones, aside from one that Silver Sword was currently tearing out the core of. "That seems to be that done and over with!" He dusted off his palms together, glancing at the sky. No sign of Patriot yet, probably still fighting that Larua. Toying with him, maybe?

SInce he had provided a good chunk of the support there, maybe it would be forgiven if he took on 'interim leader' until Patriot returned.

"Hey, everyone, gather up, let's regroup!" Ansel called out, as the excess water floated low in the air. He wasn't quite sure what to do with it, since it was hard to put water back up in a cloud... "Just trying to make sure we're all good, all alright, nobody dying here. Air is feeling pretty thin though, so we probably want to vacate soon..."

He looked over in the distance- Warren Industries was in the distance. They couldn't just be ascending for eternity, right? Warren was rich, but rich enough to throw out his entire tower? It was worth billions of dollars- possibly trillions if all the damage caused was factored in. Hopefully Sparkblade's job was going well. He seemed like a nice guy, disregarding the fact he was going to kill the richest man in the world if he had the chance. Then again, many people might've said that was more or less a morally good thing...

They also really needed a way off the rock. Like, badly. Ansel had a feeling they weren't getting piggy-back rides from Patriot.

-----
Doctor Chase

Chase looked around at the various cameras while he had the moment- Mostly glossing over them, until he spotted the one of himself. He leaned in, watching himself leaning in on the camera feed. Like a kid in a grocery store's camera. Obsidian really did have eyes on anyone and everyone. Shit, Obsidian probably knew about the betrayal way before Warren had even suspected it. Or maybe Warren always had suspicions about backstabbers. Not a lot of people extended that trust towards Warren, unless they were naive or stupid, like Chase and Chrome had once been.

But then, Chase found the source of all the tapping and clicking. It seemed to be some kind of quivering mass in a chair...before it turned around. Oh.

It wasn't a pretty sight. Whatever Warren had done- Or maybe he always looked like this -Had traded most everything, from physical activity or looks, straight up to the brain. Chase bit his lip. The man almost looked cartoonish, once again reminding Chase of a video game. But he didn't think it was worth lingering on looks, not when this was his best chance to stop Warren in his tracks.

"...Nice to meet you in the flesh," Chase lied about that, he preferred the chatboxes. "But no point in beating around the bush- Those Heralds. If everything in the stuff I found is correct, they have the power to bust the planet, and look like humans but are certainly not. And yet Warren is gathering them isn't he?"

He shook his head. "So how do we stop them? What can we do?" The doctor had PhDs in Artificial Intelligence and Engineering, but not one for 'super beings from space stopping'.

-----
Necrodytis

She went quiet for a moment, contemplating. She had nothing to do. At all. No current job, no cover job. The whole thing had been a bust.

"No, I have nothing planned. I never have anything planned." She admitted. "Even my persona isn't very personable. I'm just always...scared."

Was she really about to peel back that layer? Really, the only thing she and the Lady in Black had in connections was that the same guy tried to screw them over, and neither liked that. Enemy of my enemy and all that. They had surprisingly hit it off well enough to keep in distant touch. As much as killers-by-night could. But not enough to go off on how Janice...Necrodytis...felt.

All the fear. How much her world teetered on the brink of discovery, how deep she had dug herself into this life. How much choice she had in choosing it. It just burned her up inside. And she didn't want to let it out.

"...When you say girls night out," She began, "Do you mean an actual thing? Going to a bar or something? Or is this more...Girl's night out?" She did air quotes on that one. "Like...something illegal?"

-----
Dog-Man

Rooftop reached. Target in sight, Plant at side.

Target spotted back. Preparing an attack. Wasn't sure what- Wasn't going to worry about it. He had been hurt worse before.

"Prepare to snare our target," He told his team mate. There was kinship here. Paragons had lacked it. The Paragons were from all walks of life. High roads, low roads. Good luck and bad. But this team only had one road, and they were all on it together. "I'll handle frontal assault."

A click of a button on his baton- It quickly extended, reforming and solidifying into a staff. Better suited for this situation. He lunged once more at the half-fae, teeth bared as he swung at her. The goal was simple- Force her to grab it. Use leverage to pummel. Have Rose finish the capture. Return to Cretecon.

Simple. Easy. In the bag.

-----
Skade, Subject 4649

Skade had retained her mock fear up until the flirt. Then it became undercut with annoyance. With just a splash of amusement. This man thought himself comparable to her? It wasn't like he was unaware either. He was certain to call the group Heralds, as if he were distantly familiar with the concept. Considering the man was dead, if the colonel was to be believed, perhaps he had a thing with skirting with death.

"Oh, how merciful he is," She spoke, still in the same 'fear'. "How could we possibly be welcomed in as such esteemed guests? I do hope things remain interesting." Her tone briefly broke at the final word, meant to indicate a certain direness towards Maelstrom. As in, 'keep this thing interesting or I turn you into icy chunks in a few seconds.'

And the young Subject just stalwartly stood by Mash's side. The situation seemed to have deescalated...for the moment. Guns weren't being shoved in their faces at this point, but the Maelstrom soldiers didn't seem eager to stash them away either. And Skade wasn't really being slick- Everyone heard that slip of the tongue! She sounded mad, and these guys might've taken that as a sign of aggression! All in all, this was a terrible situation.

All she could do really was hope that, in whatever crossfire inevitably happened, that her and Mash would end up okay. And the Damian guy, she supposed. Didn't really have too much of a connection to him, but if he stayed alive it would probably be alright.

Last edited:

comic

Police Chief Yin Li - Warren Industries
An awkward silence befell the two, allowing them to focus on their situation instead. Shuzo took the lead, which the Chief didn't much mind. He'd be taking the brunt of any attacks that came their way as she covered his six. He informed her of a firefight he'd heard earlier, one she recognized the sound of as well, though she said nothing in reply.
That was until a drill penetrated through a wall. As Shuzo readied his blades, Li aimed her sidearm. What happened next wasn't surprising yet also a surprise, when a large dog-sized rat tumbled through.

Wat.

Then out came a more familiar vigilante. Crosshair, who readied his rifle at the pair, though lowered it when he recognized them, alerting them to Inferno in the room behind him, and introducing them to the rat, before asking about their conversation. Shuzo answered this with his reasoning, before that turned him to Li with a similar question. "Got lucky." She replied. "He's got all sorts of tunnels around here. We should be near the surface now, though."
In truth, she got lostwhen the city started to rise and she'd tried to find cover, only to nearly fall off the whole structure and barely made her way into some service tunnels. She'd wandered somewhat aimlessly before finding a way out, happening upon Shuzo in time to save him from a possible death.

@OmnipotentOnion @Captain Cardboard @DevVoid

Patriot - The Moon
It wasn't Venus, but it worked. The two of them were practically swimming in molten lava as he stood over the broken, mutilated form of Larua, who's body was trying to regenerate, struggling to do so. Patriot raised a fist, and slammed it down. A shockwave followed suit. Again, he performed this action, until his opponent raised what little of an arm he had, choking out his surrender. Patriot glared down upon him, about to finish this... before he no longer saw Larua.

Eve stared up at him, eyes wide with fear, arm raised defensively, her body covered in blood. A flash of lightning briefly lit up her face, fear prevalent on it. Just as quickly as it came, it was gone, and Patriot took a step back, feeling his heart rate climb. After a moment, his gaze re-focused on Larua, who was now sinking beneath the lava. With the slightest shake of his head, Patriot took off, disappearing among the stars.

@Shadow_Pup

Subject 5 "Obsidian" - Riker Base Lower Complex
Obsidian, the mass of flesh that referred to himself as such, clacked away against the keyboard again, his fingers undoubtedly the only part of his body that actually moved.

Nothing.

That was his response, which would undoubtedly be a little frustrating to Dr. Chase, but Obsidian continued.

There is nothing we can do about the heralds. Patriot is the only being I am aware of that can terminate them. However, there is something else that may stand a chance. Your CL-X model, complete with the foreign components Warren included without your authorization. Warren has been designing the ultimate weapon for years, and many assumed it was his superhumans. This is false. They, and myself, are experiments to be discarded. Warren's interest remains solely planted within Robotics. Another thing of note: The Warren you spoke with today is a flash clone. It is not the real thing. He has six others on the planet in various positions, hidden until the one in public goes dark. Business trip, expedition, you name it. The real Warren, however, alludes my search. My intelligence may be infinite, but even I do not compare to his experience and wit. His clones must be eliminated if we hope to halt the unition of the heralds, but I fear we are too late for that, which leaves us with Plan B.

At this, all of the screens flashed to a single being. Locked in chains, almost naked save for golden vestments covering parts of his body, with dark skin. He appeared old, weak, and frail, forced to stand as the chains held him up just enough so that he couldn't rest on the ground. He appeared to be in an empty room with white walls, held up on a platform with a single walkway that led to it, an abyss beneath it all.

This is Amun-Ra. The Egyptian God. The last of his kind. In reality, he was once a herald sent to our planet. Warren has spoken with him many times, each time it is unmonitored. The room possesses a stasis that disallows me from obtaining any intel outside of visual observations. The current knowledge I have is all that is listed in Warren's old databases before he ceased using them. Conversing with Amun-Ra was my Plan B, but I fear Warren suspects my treachery, as he does yours. Why he alerted you of me, I do not know, though I have theories. I fear this, because Amun-Ra was in the main facility that is currently space-bound. Amun-Ra will be killed, along with any left on it. Warren never intended you to leave the facility. You were meant to be a casualty, which I intend to exploit. You are a dead man now, Dr. Chase, but this is a place you cannot stay. If my suspicions are to be confirmed, Warren will come for me next.

The screens returned to normal, and Chase could see that Warren's clones wasn't just a theory, as three different cameras showed a different Warren each. One seemingly asleep standing up in some sort of tundra, bundled in heavy clothing, another lounging at his desk in his office, swishing a glass of wine in his hand as he seemed to be waiting, and a third standing in a crowd of people, almost completely unrecognizable without Warren's signature beard. This one was clean-shaven, and wearing concealing clothing, but the nose was unmistakable.

The heralds cannot be allowed to succeed in their endeavor. Neither can Warren. Return to the entrance, and CL-8 will act as your body guard, as well as my messenger. You're more familiar with her, perhaps you can perform some repairs. The rest is up to you. Leave me.

@BurbleBurble

CL-9 - NYC Airport
When the portion of the city began to fly, the android knew exactly what was happening. Code Emerald. That could only mean that Warren was intending on engaging a war against the superhuman community, at least according to her calculations and understanding of the man. So this had spurred her to act faster, returning to the hideout provided by Dr. Chase and gathering any essentials they could, though neither of them really needed much, admittedly. CL-9 was an automaton with no human needs, and Lilian had most of what she wanted and/or needed in the crystal's pocket dimension, making it a quick in-and-out trip.

The trek through the chaotic city was a little longer, but she managed to slip her way to the NYC Airport and hacked a terminal to gain them entry, forcing an annoyed looking business man off the flight. In record time, she was in line and already boarding with her registration on her phone- well, Lilian's really, after Warren insisted she get one. The android had already scrubbed the phone of any tracking equipment, so hopefully Warren wouldn't be able to find them. Easily, at least. The flight was a packed one to Australia, where they could hitch a boat or something and head on down to Antarctica. She was beginning to wish she'd already been installed into the CL-X body. That one, at least, had thrusters and propulsion systems for sustained flight at high speeds.

Fortunately, by some luck, the seat CL-9 took had an empty spot beside it at the window. The passenger had been too late to board, and the plane was already moving out into the runway. Deciding Lilian probably shouldn't miss the experience of a plane takeoff, she tapped on the gem hanging around her neck. "Lilian. Come out, you need to see this."

@The Dark Fairy

Mash, Damian, Maelstrom - The Pacific Ocean
Their captor's smile seemed to widen at Skade's subtle threat, to which he let out a light chuckle. "Feisty. I like it, I do, luv." He winked at her once again before turning his gaze toward one of his men. "Take our less esteemed guests to the lower deck. The rest of you lot follow, I'd like some privacy with my new friends."
The men seemed reluctant, but didn't voice this as Mash, Damian, and Subject 4649 were led away, leaving Maelstrom with the three heralds. He watched them go, before turning back to the heralds once he was certain they were alone. "Finally, I'll cut the bloody act. Kronos. Ignizio. Skade. Missing Luna, hm? You're slower than I remember." He chuckled, pausing for effect as he began to pace, gaze landing upon the prune that was Kronos, who was staring back. "Don't bother trying to read my past, ace. You won't see anything worth your time, which is ironically more limited than theirs." He gestured toward Skade and Ignizio. He paused again, staring at their faces with the same shit-eating grin he'd had when they'd boarded. "Interesting enough for you, darling?" He asked Skade. "Before you go tryna freeze off my brass monkeys, listen to what I have to say."

At this, he took a deep breath, gazing up for a moment at the clear blue sky. "I can remember a time when the sky refused to look this way, you know. When your boss came here and destroyed bloody everything- but he was killed before he could finish the job." He looked back down at them. "I can see that intrigues you. Maybe even frightens you to know that your daddio can't even take this world down. Well, credit due, he came damn near close. You lot did bugger all against Patriot when your fight came. I mean, blimey, he wiped you out one by one with ease. See, your cock up was spreading out. Trying to do the big man's will in the way you'd been told. No, don't do that. You need to get Luna, and the four of you need to work together to kill Patriot. Otherwise, history will repeat. You know I'm not lying about this, Kronos. You can see all the different timelines, can't you?"
Maelstrom paused once again, pulling a golden coin out of his pocket and beginning to flip it along his fingers, still smiling at them with eyes that seemed cheerful and full of laughter. "We have a lot to talk about if that was bloody interesting enough for you."

Meanwhile, beneath the top deck, Mash, Damian, and Subject 4649 were placed into a room, where two guards watched over them, two outside guarding the exit as the others went about to do... whatever it was they did on this ship. "This isn't good." Damian muttered. "Like, really not good. If that guy convinces them to join him and betray Warren..."
"Shut up." One of the guards growled. Mash glared at them for a moment, before he lowered himself to Subject 4649's level, seemingly to comfort her as he lowered his voice to a whisper. "Think you can coat the floor with some ice without them noticing?" He asked.

@The Dark Fairy @OmnipotentOnion @BurbleBurble

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kerco was underground, walking back, though not in his normal hurried pace, starring at the ground as he walked back. He had pulled the strings behind the scenes for years, though he missed something as big as this. He shook his head, finally entering the main chamber quietly.

Lilian didn’t have much of a bad time, she had all the room she wanted to relax, taking her new books on cooking, flipping threw them to mark books she fancied with those long post it notes. The flying city had shocked her, though she had gotten over it, after all, she had seen no end of wonders lately. She got out to grab what she wanted from the apartment. She technically did not need to eat, but she still wanted to eat. She went to her kitchen, waving her hand t move her window to the kitchen, over her stove. She was arranging her ingredients in order to make a batch of cupcakes, when she heard CL-9 talking to her, she glanced out her window, seeing the normal finger, though more importantly in the moment, an empty seat, she didn’t have to look that hard for a good space, or be dumped on the ground.

The amulet glowed a bit, before Lilian appeared next to CL-9 “See what?” She looked around, noticing that they were in a crowded airplane, though it looked like no one noticed, or cared, either way. Her eyes went back to CL-9. “What’s happening?”

Kronos looked at Malestorm, not surprised “Yes, I’ve seen the future, and I was going to talk with Skade about it shortly.” He looked up “I know that you are not a local, I’ve meet a few like you, though I don’t know how you know I can’t see other timelines.” He looked at the other two “And before you two open your mouths, he’s right, knows more than you think he could be able to.”

Last edited:

DevVoid

With introductions out of the way, the shifting alien formed back from the oversized rat to Silent Night, nodding at the Paragon and the Police Chief. " Pleasure to make the acquaintance. " Silent Night spoke briefly, before thinking. How long until more of those armed guards appear, the same ones that flooded into the garage earlier? And more importantly; what, or even where could be an ideal exit? That's when he got the idea of the tunnels that the Police Chief had just mentioned. Maybe, just maybe..

" I've got an idea to get out of here. " Ryg spoke out, before shifting his legs together, stretching his arms to stick to the ceiling with his hands just squishing up against it. The legs formed into yet another, albeit bigger and longer drill. Ryg begun rotating the drill profusely to dig a small hole into the floor, almost completely silent aside the debris being flung against one another. Ryg formed his legs back to how they were, then swung them up to stick himself completely to the ceiling, standing on it via shifting his legs into a sticky, slime-like substance. He had formed his arms back and was now facing toward the hole which he was standing directly above.

" I'll make us an exit by digging a tunnel right here. If we have any luck, it'll manage to reach into one of the tunnels that you mentioned. " Ryg explained, briefly looking at Yin Li, then back at the hole. " But, me drilling down here may be a bit too slow, given our potentially limited time. I've got something faster, though all of you will have to stand back. Trust me on this. "

With those words, Silent Night held out his arms towards the hole, merging them together into a pipe-like structure. Out from that pipe slid a bioluminescent, neon-green fluid which already sizzled viciously as soon as it made contact with the surrounding oxygen, bubbling and burning away the air that made contact with it as it fell into the hole. As soon as it landed, the liquid didn't splash much unlike water, but revealed itself to be a thick, although fast-moving and even faster-acting acid. It burned away at the ground, dissolving a path down into the ground, but not without several drops creating smaller tunnels that drifted away from the main one.

Afterward, Ryg rotated his body upward as to let the rest of the fluid flow back into his body and formed his arms back to how they were when all the remaining fluid was back in his body, wiping remaining drops off on the ceiling. Ryg couldn't dispense all of it, after all that green liquid was actually a Quietus' Stomach Acid. A very strong acid, meant to dissolve even the toughest of hides and carapaces of the creatures inhabiting the Alien's home planet, normally used for the purpose of digestion, to reveal vulnerable spots by spitting the acid at said protective shells and hides or just as another weapon. With that done, Ryg looked back to the group and spoke up. " Be mindful not to get it on you. You can see why that would be a beyond awful idea. "

Last edited:
Crosshair listened to Chief Li's response, a little intrigued by it. Luck, huh? Silent Night began to create another hole, this time using acid. They needed a plan. The vigilante took a moment to think, listening carefully for any sounds of pursuers.
"Alright. Silent Night, you and Chief Li get your way out of here. Once you find a way out, take Chief Li and fly her back to the city and off this rock. I'm going to try to find a main computer. There's got to be some program or clue as to what this place is doing. If it's going to fall back to the city, i'll try to change it so it lands somewhere else." Crosshair said. The vigilante turned to face Sparkblade.

"I don't know what your plan was coming here, but I have a feeling Warren isn't here. Unless you've got some other mission, you should probably get off this rock too." Crosshair said to Sparkblade.

Ah. Shuzo watched blankly as the large rat suddenly morphed into.... that was an alien. An honest-to-God alien.

Alright.

Once again having to kick himself out of his stupor, Shuzo heeded Silent Night's words and stood back as the alien.....

Alright.

It had been more utter bewilderment than disgust, but the Paragon merely stared blankly as a large tunnel was burned through the facility floor, leading into the maintenance tunnels both Shuzo and Chief Li had used. Crosshair then spoke up, instructing Silent Night to take the Chief and leave the flying fortress. His gaze had then rested on Shuzo, suggesting he leave the facility as well, but the Paragon's gaze darkened behind his goggles as he opened his mouth to respond, a hand resting on the hilt of his daito.

"No. He'll be here."

Turning to the Chief, Shuzo locked eyes with her and gave a small nod before motioning with his head for her to follow the alien in finding a way off the facility. He then shot a glance at Silent Night and stared at the alien briefly.

Keep her safe.

With that business settled, Shuzo unsheathed his blades and turned toward the stairwell leading into Warren Industries' first main floor. Standing at Crosshair's side, the Paragon cracked his neck and let out a deep exhale, small bolts of crimson lightning crackling to life and dancing around him as he spoke to his fellow vigilante.

"I can stick by you 'til you find that computer. Once you get to work, I'll be seeing to my own mission."

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Infinity
Forsythe looked around as the last drones were dealt with, he breathed a sigh of relief and looked to Warren Industries, he turned to Ansel, "so Deluge what's the plan now then" he stated noticing how the lad had taken command which he thought was pretty impressive. He stood arms fold as the last few bullet holes and cuts healed.

Larua
Alexander eventually crawled his way to the moons surface and managed to weakly fly down to Earth but he stumbled on re-entry and ended up crashing through a hospital roof where he was found by the staff and patients covered in blood and barely conscious, he was rushed to a room and given drugs and medical attention as his body struggled to heal by itself due to the severity of the beating. He closed his eyes and let sleep take him.

"Something illegal...?" The Lady in Black echoed Necrodytis' question with an amused expression, and considered it. "To be honest darling, I was just thinking about the first one. Drinks, restaurants, clubs. But I wouldn't be opposed to some... 'illegal activities'."
The Lady in Black couldn't help but to chuckle at Necrodytis' suggestion. The way she had said it, it made the assassin think that she meant some more innocent activities like doing drugs or vandalism.
"A bit of half and half sound like a fun time, darling." The Lady in Black said.

Voice could be heard approaching the direction they were walking. Members of the police moving in to investigate, no doubt. Lady turned, finding a door to a building. She tried the handle, but it was locked. Calmly, Lady kicked in the door and entered in, gesturing for Necrodytis to follow her.
"What do you think about that, darling? Did you have any particular 'illegal activities' in mind? I'm guessing something beyond mere vandalism..." The Lady in Black said.

comic

CL-9 - NYC Airport (Airstrip)
When Lilian materialized beside the android, nobody seemed to notice. Possibly due to the floating island that could be seen through the other side of the window. You'd think the airport would have their airplanes grounded during such an event, though there was probably no protocols for chunks of land suddenly boosting into the sky.
"Well," CL-9 began. "I assume you've never ridden a plane before. According to my databases, a first-time airplane experience is most often exhilarating for individuals. Er- unless you suffer from acrophobia. Then it may not be as enjoyable. You're... not acrophobic, right?"

@The Dark Fairy

Yin Li - Warren Industries (Base Floor)
The weird rat was a weird dude that could turn into weird drills. Yeah, sure, this was happening. Couldn't get any weirder than this. Not possible. This was the rock bottom pit of weird. Silent Night is a name she'd heard in passing, rumors and whatnot, though seeing him up close, she could see why so many people, herself included, had been dismissive of it all. It was a step up from the Howie Mandel snatching Massi. Okay, maybe not by much, but Silent Night was certainly a lot more... chaotically exotic in comparison.
Then Silent Night turned into... okay, what the fuck was even happening at this point? He was an acid-spitting pipe now? While it was weird, at the same time, she found it extremely... uncreative. Like, this thing could apparently turn into ANYTHING and it chose to become a pipe that leaks acidic liquids? Weak game, if you asked the Chief of Police. Now, if Silent Night could become an acid-spitting Dinosaur, that's something she'd want to see. Far more complex and interesting than a goddamned pipe.

The acid burned through like the blood of a Xenomorph from the old Alien movies she'd grown up watching. Oh, and it couldn't go without pointing out that Silent Night looked like every other superhero. Read one comic book and thought 'these bright colors and tights are fashionable'. Chief of Police or not, the folks back at the station weren't gonna believe shit about this shapeshift into anything bullshit. Sure, Superheroes existed, they were reality now, but this was straight fantasy-science fiction bullshit right now.
Then came the issue.
Crosshair was directing the pipe-lover to escort her off the floating rock. No, that shit didn't fly. Sparkblade seemed to accept that plan immediately, as though this wasn't the second time Yin Li had saved his life.

The men began to walk away, seemingly expecting her to just agree. Yeah, fuck that. She turned her gaze upon Silent Night, rolling her eyes. "Come on. They're gonna need us." She stated simply, and began to follow the pair. If they had a problem with it, they could take that up with God, because she sure as hell didn't care about what they thought was best for her.

Last edited:
"...They're gonna need us."

Turning to hear the Chief's voice pipe up from behind him, Shuzo watched as Li sauntered up toward him and Crosshair, a subtle but noticeable look of annoyance on her face. After a brief moment of thought, the Paragon decided that he didn't mind the extra company, and he glanced at Crosshair with a newly formulated plan.

"
If they're gonna stay, we could just divide into teams; you can go with Silent Night and find the computer that'll help bring this place back down, and I'll take the Chief and head to the top floor. The extra support would be valuable, after all."

Shuzo directed his gaze to Li and Silent Night, as if waiting for confirmation lest one of them had something else in mind.

"
Well, if you guys are fine with that, of course."

Crosshair glanced back to Chief Li before sighing and shaking his head. Annoying, but not unexpected. The chief was stubborn and tough, so once she was set on doing something, she was going to do it. The last thing he wanted was for a chief of police as good as Chief Li dying on this flying rock.

"No. Silent Night should stick with the chief." Crosshair said to the trio. "As of right now, Silent Night's the only way off this rock. So if things get bad, chief, you need a way out. Because the city needs their police chief more then they need us, even if they can't see it."

Crosshair glanced down the tunnel they had came from, making sure that Inferno or Warren's security force weren't on their tails.
"We need to keep moving." Crosshair said.

DevVoid

So, stomach acid dispensed, hole deep underground dug.. for nothing? Well, at least it accounted as an emergency exit, if the fact that someone could possibly re-seal the tunnel is looked over. Silent Night turned his legs from the sticky substance back to normal and fell.. well, rather floated, due to his almost non-existent weight, down to the ground, literally lighter than a feather. He'd love to make the fall look more human, but shifting weight onto his body isn't exactly easy with the weight that his species had. Oh well. Maybe the others will think he just made himself lightweight for a safe fall or something. Silent Night turned himself around in the air so that he'd land standing up, then gave everyone a brief glance.

" Well, at least the tunnel will be here for when we actually want to escape, assuming it won't collapse before we get back. I'm fine with sticking around more, but we do actually need to be careful. I don't know what you two already went through here, but if there's more things like that burning guy I and Crosshair met, I think it'd just be best to flee. I don't know what you hope or expect to find here, but it can't possibly be worth risking life and limb for what you're looking for under such conditions. Now, who's actually going with who and, better yet, where? "

Ansel

Forsythe asked a good question- What now? Good question. He took a moment to ponder the situation.

"First off, I think first priority is getting these four off this flying city."

He pointed to Elasticity, Agony, Silver Sword, and Dapper Gecko. "You four...I don't think you guys have anyway down on your own." Maybe Elasticity could take the fall, but the other three were a bit more nebulous. Physics would kick in for the latter two if they tried to use their powers, and Agony probably couldn't survive the wall in any circumstance. "Considering Patriot hasn't shown back up, I don't think he's giving anyone a piggyback ride. I have my water powers, Folder has his teleporting, and Infinity...A fall doesn't really mean too much to the guy who probably died a few times up here alone." Infinity couldn't even feel pain at this point. Probably. Ansel imagined the nervous system would get sick of the pain at some point in his long lifetime.

"So we're getting you on the ground. Run support with the police force, make sure no one's doing anything illegal, make sure the drones are down for good. Make yourself useful down there. And us three, we're going to move in on Warren Industries, but also keep an eye out for any civilians." He gestured towards the building once more. "That includes any employees of Warren. If they aren't trying to kill us."

It was important to include that part, since these guys were probably gonna try and kill them. But anyone in the offices? What would the paper pushers even try to do, staple them? Civilians for all he cared. It was a uniform benefit anyways- People got to live, the Paragons looked like heroes they were supposed to be, everyone's happy.

"Once we get there we're gonna meet up with Sparkblade. He'll need an assist to get out of there once he makes the attack."

And he turned to the Folder. "And how far can you teleport things? More importantly, people? Like, you can put these four on a building top or something, right?"

Ansel wasn't a hundred percent sure his water slide strategy was super safe? He felt confident in his own survival in that case, but the drones in the city below may of disagreed.

-----
Doctor Chase

Nothing. They had nothing.

No way to kill the Heralds without Patriot. Only the CL-X. And if Chase was to be assumed dead, Warren would just place a puppet in his place that would do his bidding, and fill the CL-X with whatever bullshit he wanted to make it a puppet too.

Furthermore, one of the only people they could talk to for potential knowledge- Well, 'people', it was an ancient Egyptian god because of course -Was up on the rock, probably to be disposed with all the rest of Warren's disposable people. Any undesirables, like Chase. People who couldn't be controlled all in their entirety. Probably countless experiments, just like Obsidian. As he said- The superhuman experiments were nothing more but stepping stools to fast power.

Just like the Flash Clones. Chase heard rumors of it's use- From people like the president, executives in power, world leaders. Of course Warren had his grubby mitts on those too, using them as extensions of himself. They usually suffered degenerative diseases only after a few years of use, but when did that matter? Just shove another genome into the batch and watch as a vat grown clone is spit out after a week or two. Damn it all.

The only consolation Chase had was that he was, for all intents and purposes, dead. It gave him some room to operate under the table, and he'd need to get a message to CL-9 to clarify he was not dead, but sure. Warren was such a confident bastard, he'd probably not even check to make sure there was a body on that chunk of rock. Why would he?

And he had the CL-8. Cosmetic repairs would help her blend into society. Most of the improvements on the CL models were internal after the fifth or so incarnation anyways. Fix the eye, reapply the wig, good as new. He had his own supplies stashed away in one of his many homes, so he could make due. Though it was likely for the best to stay away from any home of his he would routinely visit.

"For what it's worth," Chase said, "I don't think Warren ever trusted any of us. Maybe when I was younger, I thought I had his trust. But when you're as rich and powerful as him...Shit, when don't you think you have a target on your head?" He shook his head as he started to leave his new ally. "I'm not going to leave the city yet, not at all until I can get the damn CL-X out of Warren's hands. Spite's all I've got left to lose."

And all of humanity teetering on the brink of destruction, but the point stood.

-----
Necrodytis

Slinking into the building, Necrodytis pushed the door gently to shut it. It wasn't actually shutting any time soon, but it wouldn't seem too out of place. Besides, the police had bigger issues than looking at busted doors at the moment.

"When I say illegal," She began to clarify, "I mean vandalism, theft, larceny. Maybe a bank robbery or something. Sometimes people use the term 'night out' quite liberally." She glanced around the rather bland, dark hall they were in. Just an office building, maybe an apartment building. Nothing major. No need to worry.

"I don't particularly mind doing both," The mercenary looked at some of the passing doors. Definitely an office building. "I'm more used to the illegal things anyways. I'll admit I haven't done much theft at all, nothing of anything major. Though I'm not necessarily unique in just skipping to the murder as opposed to taking those 'baby steps'."

That had come out unprompted. Necrodytis would be the first to admit she was some kind of sociopath. You had to be in the career of a mercenary. It wasn't easy, not all the time, but the more you disconnected from it the better.

"My main concern is juggling my identity. It's not too easy covering my skin. Then again, I'm sure the police will have their hands full for some time, so perhaps I can be a little...lax, tonight."

-----
Skade, Subject 4649

Steely, reserved, mocking. Words that described Skade only a minute before. All gone, as Maelstrom spoke his piece. Her face had gone from retaining her mockery, to serious, to frustration, to pure malice.

The temperature around Skade had dropped immensely, from somewhat temperate to below zero. Her fists almost immediately froze over with the whitefrost, yet she seethed white-hot rage.

"Who do you think you are, you worthless-" He knew, he knew about it all. And he had the absolute gall to try and intimidate them! Say that they would be dead if they didn't do as the Father said! She was rearing up to send him over the edge, but when Kronos spoke- How Kronos told her that he was not lying -A new emotion popped on her face. One that hadn't quite ever passed it before.

Fear.

Only for a moment, her rage shattered, a look of shock, despair, on Skade's face. It didn't take long for her to regain composure, though it was still anger. "Well- You- Rrrgh!" She snarled in frustration. How did he know? Was this some sort of trick from Kronos? Surely it was? There was absolutely no way he should've been able to know, absolutely none! And such sacrilege- the Father would die?! To this paltry race of worthless beings? They were such failures, how they butted heads with one another, lacked any sort of uniformity. But one single human would destroy them and the Father? It had shaken her to her core, anger and frustration providing cover for her new doubts and fears.

"Fine." The temperature returned to more typical, though a biting chill lingered in the air, and the frost still clung to her clenched fists. "If you speak the truth," She was careful not to imply she actually believed him. "Then why do you come to us, warning us of our failure? If we kill Patriot, the shield against humanity is broken. And if we do not slaughter the rest of humanity, the Father will destroy them. You are damned to your death regardless." She glared at Maelstrom, who matched her in height. Her eyes locking with his. "Answer me."

And in the cells below, the Subject had received an order. She nodded to the Sergeant, confident in her skill. If the Heralds weren't going to help, she had to save her colonel- And the scientist, she supposed -On her lonesome. Kneeling down, she placed her hands on the floor- A spiderweb of thin ice beginning to spread over the metal floor, some stray seawater helping to make it thicker in places. It was nothing compared to the show Skade had put on above, but it would have to do.

It wasn't particularly sturdy, but she didn't think it had to be. Just enough to slip on, enough to cause some trouble. The guards none the wiser, perhaps not even thinking the child was worth paying any mind.

And she pulled herself back up, nodding towards the sergeant again. She was waiting for her next order.

Last edited:

comic

Yin Li - Warren Industries (Base Floor)
She had no qualms with the new plan that included her. She opened her mouth to agree, but Crosshair intruded with his own opinion. Silent Night then spewed his own. Obviously they expected her to be the least likely to survive. Fat chance. Li shook her head. "Nah, I liked Shuzo's plan more. Besides, if we get to Warren first, he's probably got a parachute on-hand to try and escape with. Everyone wins, now are we done sitting around bickering like an old folks home or are we ready to put this whole Warren chapter to rest?" She asked, taking a step toward Shuzo to signify she was remaining with him for his plan. No other reason.

Maelstrom, Damian, Mash - Pacific Ocean (Maelstrom's Ship)
"Ah ah ah." Maelstrom's grin only seemed to widen on Skade's frustration, and he raised a finger, wagging it side to side. "Correction, darling. You came to me. Sure, I may have attempted to get to you at some point, but it's rather coincidental that you three wound up here on my ship before Warren could get his grubby little hands on Kronos, hm? I'm willing to reckon there's more at play here than 'fate'." He continued to flick the coin around each finger on his left hand. "As for your failure, well... admittedly, you Heralds don't survive in any outcome. This world has far too many defenders, not all of them out in the open like Patriot, either. There isn't a timeline where you come out on top. It all merely depends on the death- or weakening -of Patriot. If you are unable to be rid of him, then at least weaken him enough for dear old dad to finish the job." At this, he now leaned against one of the many crates that adorned the surface of his ship. "As for my motivations in this? Meh, I've got no incentive to share them. Yet. Just know that I need Patriot gone, and you're the only hope of that happening. Warren knows this too, but he thinks of you lot as a way for him to accelerate his rise to power. He plans to dispose of you once Patriot's gone, if you survive. I know as much because he told me. That was a few days before Patriot killed him, though. Then your old man arrived, he died, and Patriot took over the world as its unopposed leader. He made you guys look like saints in comparison. Guy's off his rocker, I'm telling you." Maelstrom chuckled.

------

The ground now coated with ice, going unnoticed by the guards thankfully, Mash moved to Damian. "Just keep your head down." He muttered. Damian hadn't even been paying attention, and upon hearing this his face paled. Cleats on the bottoms of his boots, Mash was free of slipping on the ice. Having the girl stand out of the way, the guards in the room now started to realize something was up when Mash began to approach them.
One raised his weapon. "Stop moving." He ordered, only for the Marine to dart to the side, and slam his body weight into the guard, who slipped on the ice underfoot. The other guard tried to move to stop Mash, only getting bowled over by his partner as the two guards outside of the room began to slip on the ice when they attempted to see what was going on.

Mash snatched one of the guards' automatic rifles away, and positioned himself between Subject 4649 and the guards before firing two shots, each into the guards' heads. If the ship wasn't alerted before, they were now. He immediately stepped outside, two more shots ringing out. The ice was already beginning to melt, the day particularly hot under the tropical sun. It would be enough to conceal Subject 4649's involvement, keeping her safe if his escape plan failed.
"Just stay put." He ordered the pair, before taking off, shooting a few mercenaries that entered the room square in the forehead with flawless accuracy.

------

Two shots rang out, making Maelstrom pause. He was about to continue, before two more shots rang out, which made him crease his brow. "Oh..." He appeared slightly annoyed, his eyes landing on Kronos. "Couldn't have let me know that soldier boy was gonna be an issue, could you?"

@OmnipotentOnion @BurbleBurble @The Dark Fairy

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Larua
He awoke to the bright lights of the hospital and a doctor standing by his bed "ah your awake, your wounds healed shortly after you fell asleep" Alexander looked at the doctor and started to get up only to find he had been handcuffed to the bed "I'm sorry sir but you were muttering threats to Patriot in your sleep so we called the police and they identified you as a dangerous villain even though it was a struggle to identify you" Alexander gave the doctor a confused look, he was handed a mirror and he gasped, his skin was no longer pale and his eyes had gained some colour, he also had a massive scar that went from his forehead through his left eye down to his chin. He knew what this meant and he was worried. He broke out of the handcuffs relieved he still had Patriot's abilities. He thanked the doctor for treating him and flew out the window to look for Forsythe.

Infinity
Forsythe listened to Ansel and nodded swiftly before turning to look at the Warren Industries building before turning back around when he heard someone flying towards them, he looked in the sky and saw a figure coming towards them at high speeds "Is that Patriot?" he asked only to have his question answered as Larua landed in front of them his hands above his head in surrender "Alex?".

Shuzo

The Chief had shifted closer to Shuzo, voicing her preference for his proposed plan. Under normal circumstances, the Paragon wouldn't have minded any of the options; however...

"You're probably my best ticket of getting off this rock alive, so I'm gonna... stick with you."

A voice in the back of Shuzo's mind held a conviction that he ought to affirm the trust she had placed in him as of recently. Though, that wasn't to discredit the look on her face before she had declared such trust; she seemed conflicted over what to say, speaking almost hesitantly, which was a new tone Shuzo hadn't heard from Chief Li. Regardless, as she forcibly drew a close to the discussion, Shuzo shrugged and sheathed his blades, turning to Crosshair and Silent Night.

"
I suppose that settles it, as the 'person of interest' has made her decision. Don't worry--I have no intention of letting the Chief die anytime soon as irritating as she can be sometimes."

Turning to face the staircase that led to Warren Industries' top floor, Shuzo narrowed his eyes and took a deep breath, the electricity around him crackling back to life. With one last cursory glance at Crosshair, he gave the vigilante a small nod.

"
Good luck. Don't get yourself killed."

With those parting words, Sparkblade's goggles flashed with red as the Paragon suddenly scooped up the Chief into his arms with a curt "
hold on", and crimson lightning surged wildly around him before he took off, having gone up to the staircase within the blink of an eye.

---

The two reached the top floor in a matter of seconds, and upon arrival, Shuzo immediately let the Chief down and waited for her to regain her bearings as he sheathed his blades.

"Sorry for the lack of warning; didn’t want to waste any more time."

Staring down the long hallway that ended with two large double doors, Shuzo tightened his grip on his swords.

"Haven’t run into that sludge guy yet, so there’s a chance he’s with Warren. Didn’t find a possible weakness in the databases Deluge and I looked through, so there’s no telling how long a run-in will last."

Ignizio

Ignizio continued to sit silently in the boat, and though he paid no heed to Maelstrom's smug words or Skade's outburst, the Blackfire Herald soaked in every word. So they were destined to die? That was certainly an interesting piece of news, but Ignizio continued to maintain his monotonous demeanor. Directly opposite to the reaction Skade had in response, the Herald finally opened his mouth to speak for the first time in quite a bit.

"It matters not what our fate is. If we are destined to die so that Father can succeed in his mission, then so be it; I will shroud this planet in flames regardless of where my path ends."

With that short but decisive response, Ignizio finished and closed his eyes, returning to dormancy.

Crosshair opened his mouth to argue, but it was too late. Sparkblade had grabbed Chief Li and darted away. Crosshair watched them go, scowling. Couldn't that woman see she was more important then the rest of them?! Crosshair check his gear once more before turning to Silent Night. He watched as the other vigilante floated back to the ground.
"Well, it looks like they're off." Crosshair said. "I'd agree with you, but I need to make sure this thing isn't coming back down on the city or somewhere else it can hurt someone. The faster we can figure that out, the faster we can regroup with Sparkblade and the Chief and the faster we can get off this rock."

Crosshair began to make his way down the hallway, keeping his rifle at the ready. He checked the corners carefully as well as their rears, advancing as tactically as possible. Glancing around a corner, he glanced back to Silent Night.
"Sense anything?" Crosshair asked.

~~~~~~~~

"Oh? Wishing to go back and see what it would be like to do those petty crimes?" The Lady in Black teased. "Well, I think it sounds like a ball. I was pretty similar, jumping straight up to disposing of people others wanted to get rid of. I've had to do some smaller stuff before, mostly out of necessity, but it should be an interesting experience doing some with a friend for fun's sake."

The Lady in Black didn't seem fazed at all by Necrodytis' confession she had jumped straight to murder. She was of a very similar mindset. One couldn't afford to think of much of other people that way when they were in careers such as theirs.

"As for hiding your identity, well darling, it's a good thing you happen to know a master of disguise. If we met up a little earlier, I'm sure we could pool our resources to figure something out for you. Do each other's makeup and the lot." The Lady in Black said, winking at Necrodytis. The pair made their way through the office building. Passing a desk, the Lady in Black casually picked up a pad of paper and a pen. They reached the exit, and the Lady in Black poked her head out the other side. It was clear. The Lady in Black strode out into the street.

"We could meet up at my place. What time would be good for you to meet up?" The Lady in Black asked, scrawling an address on the pad of paper. It sounded like Necrodytis was the type to keep to herself, so the Lady in Black figured it would be best to offer to meet at her own place.

Last edited:

DevVoid

" Well then.. " Silent Night said, shaking his head as the two took off, leaving him and Crosshair behind. Then, he looked to Crosshair who spoke up next, and just nonchalantly followed the fellow vigilante along. " But what will you get out of that information? How are you gonna prevent the chunk from falling if it does end up running out of fuel? Better yet, if it doesn't stop, how are you gonna get oxygen to breathe? Or even move for that matter, as this thing will most likely end up in space if it doesn't stop. " Silent Night noted. Sure, trying to find out what was gonna happen here was important, but not even he could prevent it from falling all by himself. They'd need some serious strength to lift a chunk of land this big, with the alien knowing no one who could lift that much.

The alien briefly looked throughout the area with its yet-to-mature telepathy, finding not a soul nearby for the moment. Silent Night, having stopped to scan the area, kept on walking and following Crosshair. " No one here but us. Plenty of people further away within the building, though this doesn't account for machines or traps. " Silent Night said, then turned to Crosshair. " If you're in a hurry, I could just take you where you want to go. All you'd need to do is direct me and hold on. My speed and reflexes will do the rest. " The alien suggested, still oddly calm despite all the happenings going on. Of course, Ryg was calm as the loud noises that the gunshots were had stopped now that he had escaped those gunners that had barged into the garage earlier.

Last edited:

comic

Yin Li - Warren Industries (Top Floor)
Her head was spinning for a moment from the insanity of it all. It took a few seconds for her eyes to refocus on the world around her as she heard Shuzo say; "Sorry for the lack of warning; didn’t want to waste any more time."
"Fair enough." Li replied, shaking the fuzz out of her head. That was quite a rush. Finally reoriented, she listened to Shuzo's next words concerning the sludge guy, and shared those concerns. He had been, from what she'd seen, on a much different level than the wind guy that she'd lodged a bar through the throat of. And if there was still no known weaknesses for sludge guy...
"Well he's not here, and Warren's through there." She replied, marching forward and putting her hand on the door, pausing. Listening. Nothing. So she pushed it open to reveal the waiting room, couches and cushions lining the room, two massive glass windows on either side letting the midday sun light up the room. At the other end was another door that led to Warren's office, and in front of it was the being they'd just been discussing.

Quietus stared back at them, the strange black substance dripping from his body, conforming inside and outside of the ebony armor he wore, the white lights for eyes staring back. "Speak of the devil." Li muttered toward Shuzo as she paused, staring back at Quietus. The sludge guy made no movements, simply glaring back at them for a long, unspoken moment.

@OmnipotentOnion

Following Li into the waiting room of Warren Industries' top floor, Shuzo did one final sweep of the area behind the two before finally walking in. Across from the room stood Quietus, prompting a quippy remark from the Chief, to which the Paragon scoffed in agreement. Meeting the ninja's glare with a cool gaze, Shuzo remained in a casual stance, though he kept a tight grip on his blades should anything happen.

"
I don't suppose you're going to let us through to have a word with your superior."

While he maintained an unshaken demeanor, however, Shuzo couldn't help but feel a trace of unease upon the sight of Quietus. Despite its glare, he could detect no sign of the ninja subtly entering a battle-ready stance or preparing its first move, nor did he see either of the two serrated swords it wielded. Regardless, the Paragon stepped in front of the Chief, prepared to take on any attack should Quietus suddenly move, and crimson lightning sparked to life around him where he stood.

@comic

comic

Yin Li, Quietus - Warren Industries (Top Floor)
The armor-clad figure said nothing in reply. He never spoke, even if he wanted to. There was an unspoken staring contest among them as the silence began to grow uncomfortably long, and just when it seemed Shuzo or Yin Li would make the first move, Quietus calmly stepped to the side, out of their way. This initially surprised the Police Chief, who narrowed her eyes suspiciously. No way was he just letting them by, that just didn't make any sense. Would he wait for their backs to be turned before striking? She didn't know, but if this was genuine, she didn't want to risk provoking him by unloading a clip into his face. From what she'd learned and seen of him, bullets only made him mad.

Quietus did nothing else, simply staring as Li shared a look with Shuzo, before she made up her mind. "I... suppose he isn't looking for a fight." She stated, both of them undoubtedly knowing full-well that this goop ninja was more than a match for them, with seemingly no weaknesses, being unkillable, and capable of strange goopey teleportation, and if Li recalled correctly, he'd absorbed Shuzo's own lightning with his weapon, which wasn't currently present, enforcing the idea that they were being allowed entry to Warren.
Was he even in there? Or was this a trap? Nothing felt certain, so she couldn't come to a conclusion. There's only one way to find out, after all...

@OmnipotentOnion

Nearly prepared to lunge at Quietus and begin the showdown, Shuzo had made the subtlest shift of his stance forward before the ninja suddenly stepped to the side, opening the way to Warren's quarters. The electricity dancing around him immediately dissipated as Shuzo hesitated, Li's concerns swirling within his mind as well.

The Police Chief had then spoke up, warily speculating that the sludge-ninja could actually be letting them through. Though she had remained where she stood, Shuzo remained silent as he stepped forward, sheathing his blades, and upon halting in front of Quietus, he studied the void-like whites of the ninja's eyes. Finally, after one last moment of silence, Shuzo opened his mouth to speak, his voice a hushed rasp through the modulator.

"
I do need you to know: should you truly let me through these doors, I will be entering that room with the intent to take the life of Charles Warren. Regardless of whether or not your intentions behind what you're doing are genuine."

With his parting words concluded, Shuzo wasted no time in promptly turning to face the doors, pushing them open, and stepping into the quarters of Warren Industries' founder.

It was time to finish this.

@comic

comic

Yin Li - Warren Industries (Warren's Office)
Quietus did nothing when Shuzo spoke to him. Nor did he do anything as Shuzo marched by, the Chief following behind, eyes glued on Quietus for the moment. Once they were in, the doors closed, and Quietus was gone.
Charles Warren himself was seated at his desk, feet kicked up on its surface as he held a glass of wine in his hand. He was smiling at them with teeth white enough to put Patriot to shame. "I'd have poured you two a glass had I known I'd be getting company." He greeted, before setting down the glass and dragging his legs off the table to stand. "I can only presume you're here to kill me. Before you do, however, there are a few things to share." Picking up the wine glass again, Warren sifted it in his hand, eyes on Shuzo as Li stepped beside the honorary Paragon, handgun aimed at Warren's forehead.

"Now, I'm not going to try to convince you not to kill me, that'd be counter-productive. Actually, I feel I may indulge myself a little. I'm sure the both of you are eager for any dirt on the golden boy himself, hm? Kill me now, you lose." His smile was cunning as he took a sip of wine. "There is FAR too much going on for you to realize that killing me means... well... the world loses, too. But that doesn't matter. Now, shall I exhibit Patriot's bad behavior or are you too eager to get this underway?"
She wasn't sure about Shuzo, and she wasn't one to trust Warren at his word, but if he was telling the truth, if there really was dirt on Patriot... but did that matter? Nobody could touch Patriot. Who would believe them when they learned? The man was the most powerful being on the planet, it wasn't like they could just toss him in a cell if he was found guilty of crimes that they could somehow prove he'd committed... she was getting ahead of herself.
"Your call." She muttered to Shuzo, keeping her weapon trained on the world's richest man, who was grinning smugly back.

@OmnipotentOnion

Upon entering the room, Shuzo narrowed his eyes at the sight of Charles Warren, relaxing on his chair with a drink and smiling brightly at the Paragon. A smug demeanor, one that tended to be glued to a man of Warren's status. Naturally, with that smug demeanor came a compromise that would offer something greater in exchange, and as the trillionaire continued to speak, Shuzo's irritation only grew.

Patriot. There was dirt on Patriot. The planet's strongest protector, and God's most righteous man.

It was always something.

About.

Patriot.

In the blink of an eye, Shuzo hurled a shuriken at Warren, moving with supercharged swiftness as the projectile hurtled through the air, sent on a direct course towards the old man's head. Warren's hair was gently tossed up from the wind current, the glint of minuscule white hairs reflecting the sunlight from the window, and the shuriken was embedded in the wall behind Warren, barely centimeters to the left of his face. With a growl emitted under his breath, Shuzo unsheathed his daito, stepping forward and pointing the tip of the blade at Warren's forehead, his next words seething with malice.

"I'm not here for Patriot. If he was my main concern, you would already be scratched off my list, but luckily for you, I don't have the childish desire to trouble myself with any petty 'dirt' you have on him.

I'm here for something personal; after I kill you, I'm going to kill a target of mine you and your ninja henchmen took away. An alien killer with dozens of casualties whose survival you wanted to ensure. Got that from your little wind guy himself. Any other pet projects like Massi that you've stored for use, I'll dispose of all of them and rid the world of the monsters you've kept to yourself.
"

As he spoke, the electricity coursing around Shuzo slowly began to grow in intensity, and when he was done, the bright red glow of his eyes pierced through the already illuminated lens of his goggles.

@comic

comic

The elderly billionaire remained unphased at Shuzo's outburst, simply smiling back as Shuzo made it clear what he wanted to know, though this only seemed to make that smirk stretch just a little wider.
Warren brought a hand up, and brushed it against his shoulder with a flick. "Monsters I've kept to myself? Hardly. Plenty of my monsters are out there in the world, living among you. Why do you think I brought up Patriot? But ah, you don't seem to want to know about that, so I'll indulge you on Massi, as the media dubbed him. I know him as Entity-282." He smugly winked at Shuzo. "Small numbers in my business, so don't worry. Your desired crusade will continue long after your death."
He calmly reached down and opened a drawer, pulling out a document. "It's a little old fashioned, but I'm sure you won't mind." He held it out for Shuzo to take, the top labeled as 'E282'.

"Oh! It would be quite rude of me to forget to mention this, but when you kill me, a ten second countdown will initiate. Nuclear explosives to obliterate the facility, I'm sure you understand. Can't let any of my more sensitive work here fall into undesirable hands, after all." He chuckled. "Regardless of the outcome here, however, I guarantee we'll meet again, Shuzo. Send your brother my regards when you see him next too, would you?"
With that, Warren clasped his hands in front of him, growing silent, smiling contentedly at Shuzo, simply waiting, his monologue concluded.

@OmnipotentOnion

"I don't need to prevent this place from falling. Just to prevent it from falling back onto the city." Crosshair said, scanning the corridor. Silent Night had said that there wasn't any one nearby, but Crosshair still couldn't help but to double check.

"You said there was multiple rockets pushing this chunk of earth up, right? If I find the system that controls them, I could change the trajectory of this place by shutting off certain rockets. It would still crash down to earth, just not in the middle of the city. I could send it northwest, there's just forest and farmlands there. This place crashing there would still cause some tremors to be felt in the city, but not to the extent if it crashes where it lifted off." Crosshair explained. "I plan on getting off this rock before I am unable to breath. If this thing is heading to space, all the more reason to get Sparkblade and Chief Li and get out."

"Your idea of me grabbing onto you would be great, if I knew where I was going. I have no clue where the system for the rockets would be." Crosshair said. Trusting Silent Night, the vigilante began to sprint down the hallways.

"Actually, we'll give your idea a shot." Crosshair said. He would let luck take hold and hope it worked. Crosshair planned to just give Silent Night. The superhero-looking vigilante grabbed onto Crosshair, and the pair began to fly down the hallways. After a few minutes, Crosshair stopped and picked a door. The vigilante kicked the door open, revealing a large room with a large computer inside.

Jackpot.

Crosshair sprinted over to computer, jumping into the chair. The prompt asked for a password, but the vigilante didn't hesitate. Crosshair closed his eyes and ran his hand across the keyboard, pressing keys randomly then entered. The screen buffered for a moment.

Welcome, Dr. Chrome.

Crosshair grinned. Still got it. Quickly, Crosshair scanned through the files on the database. As much as he wanted to try to take this info, he was running out of time. Finding the files on the rockets, Crosshair scanned through it quickly.
"They're programmed to head until they're out of the atmosphere. We've got to go." Crosshair said to Silent Night. The vigilante turned to the alien.
"Find Chief Li and make sure she gets out off this rock safetly. Hurry!" Crosshair said.

DevVoid

" So, my theory was correct.. alright. I'll contact them and tell them our findings. Oh, by the by, if you can somehow re-route these rockets, try to make them crash somewhere off in a desert, or an otherwise abandoned place. Letting it crash on valuable farms and forests isn't any better than letting it crash on the city. " Silent Night noted, before closing his eyes and concentrating. Like a bullet, his telepathic scan whizzed through the area, trying to track a closest match to the same frequency of brain activity that Chief Li and Shuzo had. Silent Night attached his thoughts to a brain closest to Sparkblade's brain activity, hoping he had reached the Paragon successfully.

"This is Silent Night. We have found out that this chunk of land will keep rising higher, beyond the atmosphere and into space. We heavily advise you two get out of there as soon as possible. Move back to the tunnel I've made, we can meet up at the bottom there." Silent Night thought over, awaiting what the Paragon had to say about this information. @OmnipotentOnion

Last edited:
Shuzo's grip on his swords tightened even further, knuckles white as he began to seethe with anger, just barely audible to Warren and the Chief. Warren's cocky grin never wavered, his words calmly shooting down Shuzo's enraged outburst, and the latter sheathed his shoto before taking a few steps back and readying his longer blade. Coursing with crimson lightning, the silver flashed brightly as it reflected the red light dancing around it as Shuzo drew the daito back, preparing to run it through Warren's chest and leave him to bleed out in a painful, drawn out death. However....

"....this chunk of land will keep rising higher....get out of there as soon as possible."

A voice that wasn't his own suddenly intruded into Shuzo's mind, introducing itself as belonging to Silent Night, and the alien's words had snapped the Paragon back into reality as he realized that this facility had been lifted off the ground. Ground..... there were people below. If Shuzo killed Warren too early and the failsafe detonated, there would be few things to stop the rubble and nuclear radiation from raining down back onto New York, if not an even larger chunk of the planet itself. Having hesitated in his movement to kill Warren, Shuzo simply stood there, brow furrowed as he cleared his mind and thought of a solution. Holding his position, he pondered hurriedly for a brief moment before attempting to 'think' a message back to Silent Night, something he'd never considered he would be doing.

"Alright.... I know I just met you today, but I'm going to need you to trust me and do two things. First, reach out to Crosshair and ask him how long until this rock leaves the atmosphere. You'll relay his answer to me while you--Second--come to my location, retrieve the Chief, and fly her and Crosshair far away from here.

I'm having a 'little chat' with Warren that's about to conclude, but as soon as his heart stops, a ten-second countdown will initiate, after which nuclear explosives will detonate the facility. I intend to wait until an explosion won't cover a good portion of the planet in rubble and radiation, but the Chief cannot remain here. I'll find my own way off the facility once I'm done."

As he focused on sending a message to Silent Night, Shuzo's eyes suddenly fell on a hefty beige backpack sitting against the wall, and some of Chief Li's words came back to mind as he stared at the bag.

....ah, what the hell.

@DevVoid

DevVoid

Having received a message back from Sparkblade, Silent Night looked over to Crosshair to relay the information back to him, yet keeping up the connection with Sparkblade just in the case that something else came up as well.

" I managed to contact Sparkblade. It seems him and Chief L managed to contact a figure named 'Warren'. Seems this Warren being is soon dead, and this entire chunk of land as well as it seems the figure's death is rigged to set off nuclear explosives with a ten second timer. Sparkblade would like to know how long it would be until this island's left the atmosphere so he can know at which point the explosives will cause the least amount of collateral damage. Oh, and he wants me to take you and Chief Li off of the island. Seems Sparkblade has his own ways of getting back to the ground below. Think you can use that computer to deduce the amount of time it takes for this flying piece of land to reach space? "

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Forsythe stood looking at his older brother with a raised eyebrow, "Alex what are you doing here?" he asked simply as Alexander cleared his throat, "I came to speak to you as Alexander Carter, not the monster I became, brother I am free. My mind is clear and my body is mortal, I can sense that the same is not the case for you and I am sorry for how things have become between us, I hope you will allow me to fight by your side like we once did, all those centuries ago. I may not be Immortal, but I am sane and still a powerful ally. With my mind no longer clouded by Satan's insanity, I have no allegiance to the old man, only to you. I make no promises when it comes to your allies but I will not harm anyone unless you give me permission brother" Alex said humbly as he fell to his knees, his arms remaining in a symbol of surrender. Forsythe sighed inwardly and approached his brother pulling him up and dragging him in for a hug, "For now I will allow you to accompany us, only so I can monitor your condition" he turned back to the others, "we should probably get off this rock before it breaches the atmosphere".
@BurbleBurble

"What?" Crosshair said, looking back to Silent Night in shock. The vigilante rubbed his forehead before turning back to the computer, and he began to scan through it quickly.
"Long enough that he's gonna run out of oxygen before it breaks out of the atmosphere. Less then ten minutes, but we got less then five before the air gets too thin." Crosshair said. "I can see if I can try to mess with that countdown timer. See if you can convince Sparkblade let you to take Warren back to the ground with Chief Li. I should be fine finding another way down as well."

The vigilante focused on the computer once again.

DevVoid

" Why don't I just take all four of you down to the ground? I can carry more than I look, you know. " Silent Night responded, just starting to get annoyed between the constant back and forth over who gets a piggyback ride and who jumps off the floating island by themselves. Then, the vigilante focused again and send thoughts over to Sparkblade, as he still kept a connection up with the Paragon.

" Silent Night here. Crosshair says that in less than five minutes, the thing will be high enough for the air to become unbreathable, and estimated that in five more minutes, it'll reach space. Crosshair might be able to do something about extending the timer for the explosives, but he suggests taking this 'Warren' person back with us. I don't know much about this 'Warren' figure, but if you're looking to get information out of them, it'd be much easier interrogating them down on the ground than up here. Oh, and a last thing; I can take all four of you down with me, you know? I'm much stronger than you think. "