• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Paragons - Act I

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Ryg thought. He couldn't really help with most information, though he could only tell Crosshair of his theory. And that's what he was gonna do. Ryg looked to Crosshair and begun talking again. " Well, I can't say much about the other information, but I have a little theory on how your unknown assailants knew your names. If they knew your names, they had to have either done their research and have connections to a personal rival of everyone involved in that fight that was on your side, or they could likely have been informed by some kind of employer who gathers superpowered beings for something, as it would be natural for someone like that to know at the very least the hero names of every vigilante and villain here. Personally, I think the most likely would be the latter, as someone being the rival of a random group of vigilantes specifically is a huge, very unlikely coincidence. " Ryg finished, stating his theory on who could possibly be behind that sudden capture. Then, Ryg held up his left hand, as well as the index finger of that hand, and held it in front of his mouth.

" I'll take my leave, but I'll let you know of my Info with my telepathy. Farewell. "

And with those words, the surrounding area had gone completely silent; even the sounds of one's own body that would've sounded up in such silence was toned down to a quiet level. Silent Night became completely invisible as he made a hushing sound, pressing the finger he held up to his lips, which for him was just for a disguise since he didn't really need to do the motion. Stepping away and becoming virtually non-existent, Ryg snuck away and climbed the nearest building, until he had reached the rooftop. From there on, Ryg briefly used his Telepathy to give Crosshair his Contact Info, and only the Info before cutting the connection. @Captain Cardboard @ThePlayfulFox

As Silent Night spoke to Crosshair, some movement caught his eye. Glancing back, the vigilante saw as a dove flew away carrying the lotto ticket, and the girl was gone. Interesting. He turned his attention back to Silent Night, nodding to the other vigilante's theory.
"Mmh." Was all he had to say to that. Then Silent Night made a 'shush' signal, and vanished. Invisibility as well. He gave Crosshair his info telepathically, and with that Crosshair found himself alone once again. Fantastic.

Crosshair made his way back into the alleyway, prying off a manhole cover and climbing down into the sewer. One of his safehouses wasn't too far of a walk from here. Taking out one of his burner phones, Crosshair sent a text to Sparkblade.

Search for possible locations where Massai could have been taken. Somewhere close, but large enough and with enough scientific gear to hold the monster. Paragon main computer should work well with that. How did they know our identities? Start with Deluge, have one of the more tech Paragons check their cyber security. Could be compromised?

Check Paragon database for info on two ninjas. Goo ninja unaffected by bullets. Did your electricity harm him? Perhaps acid may be good counter... Will do own digging. Let me know if you find anything.

- Crosshair

Having sent the text, the vigilante continued on his way through the sewers.
@OmnipotentOnion

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“Hummm...you think I was too easy on those upworlders Mr. trash man?”

Prince Percy was laying down chest down on a makeshift bed made of Twine, thrown away cotton balls, and wrappers as a trash golem managed his shoulders with bare paint rollers.

“Why, I think you shoulda bled ‘em dry buddy ol’ pal!” Percy spoke in place of the golem from the side of his mouth.

“Ugh I know, a missed opportunity. But I shouldn’t dwell on that, after all, the greatest nation is soon to come into the limelight! The Trash Kingdom, and everyone would do exactly what I say! MUHAHAHAH- ooh is that wrong order at cakes o’ plenty? I gotta get myself a piece of that!”

Swirling his staff to bend the thrown away cake from a few miles down, the boy hummed brightly. It was a good day. They were getting stuff, winning fights, and having lucky finds today. That’s when he senses yet another intruder enter the sewers. He sighed, having to put his cake conquest on hold for the moment to see who was on his doorstep.

Closing his eyes, he followed the path of the sewers from the outside of his body tracing it to a middle aged man walking across his kingdom’s grounds. He looked like he came right out of an Indiana Jones themed biker gang, weird purse and all. Getting up from his bed, Prince Percy opened his eyes.

“I swear the overworld is going to the dogs... we have yet another visitor. They get a taste of the best kingdom in the world and they can’t get enough! Alrighty now, let’s make sure this one can be of use to us!”

He swirled his staff, making the pipes in the sewer near Crosshair buckle slightly. Enough to cause an echo. Then, the pipes further ahead made the same sounds, and then further. It was like something was deliberately draw him somewhere

@Captain Cardboard

Crosshair made his way through the sewer, coming to an intersection. He only had a bit further to go until his safehouse. This entire ordeal had been exhausting, with the two fights with Massai, the situation at the warehouse, then those two ninjas... He needed a break.

At the sound of creaking pipes, Crosshair drew one of his pistols and pressed himself against the wall of the sewer. Scanning the area, he let out a low breath. No enemies. He was getting jumpy. The sound had came from the tunnel to his right, and as he listened it seemed to echo down the tunnel. No, that wasn't quite right. The creaks were too spaced out to be an echo, and to systematic to be something just bumping around in the pipes. He hadn't ever been to that area of the sewers before...

The vigilante checked his watch. He really should just ignore it, head back to his safehouse, and try to plan for how he was going to investigate this whole mess... But this was a clear sign. Crosshair holstered his pistol and threw his duffel bag over his shoulder. Keeping one hand on his weapon, Crosshair made his way down the tunnel that the creaking pipes had been leading him.
@Shen: King of the Mist

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kerco pressed himself against the wall as he quickly retreated from the window. This was not that bad, good actually, as long as the two occupants of the room decided to not suddenly go out the window. He crouched below the window, listening to the two inside, though doing his best to stay out of sight.

Lilian eyes went wide as the door basically exploded, falling into three pieces, she turned swiftly, following a circle of light as it raced across the room, her mouth falling open a bit as she saw its target. She watched as CL-9 jerked her hand up, stopping the halo with his hand. Her expression was filled with pain, a gasp hissing out her nose as she wrapped her hand around the brightly lit ring. Lilians eyes narrowed, gripping her bar as she preformed the maneuver she always had when her owner had met some thug in an alley, she vanished, reappearing barely a moment later behind Kinzoku, already in the process of bringing down her metal bar as fast and hard as she could on the offenders head.

The Trash King Percy giggled to himself as he saw Crosshair’s startled demeanor as he approached the breadcrumbs he laid for him. A toothy grin stretched across his face as this all went to his plan.

“Scud!”

The trash can donning kid hopped to his boss, tipping his soup can hat to him.

“Uh, yes boss?”

“We need a grand entry! We need music! the whole shebang! I think you and your Junk Chuckers got this one covered, don’t you think?”

The dimwitted boy nodded up and down heavily. “Yes’m! We got dis covered easy!”

Scud hopped off, getting preparations in order. In the meantime, Prince Percy got to fixing his hair, making sure he looked proper.

As Crosshair continued to follow the pipes, the sounds became less and less frequent. Soon enough the sounds stopped entirely. Right as it seemed the unusual clues had dispersed...an odd purple carpet was rolled out. The carpet perfectly stopped near his feet...as if it had just been set.

One could tell some pairs of eyes and figures in the darkness scuttering off, seemingly to where the green carpet had led. The carpet led through some bars before banking to the right towards an odd opening in a wall. There was a light, albeit dim emitting from this hole in the wall.

@Captain Cardboard

Shuzo

With one last, deep exhale, Shuzo opened his eyes and stood up, the visible electricity beginning to dissipate and crackle away around his body, which still glistened with sweat. As he wiped his face with a towel and draped it over his shoulder, he turned to the sound of his phone vibrating on the kitchen counter, and one glance at his screen revealed a text notification from Crosshair. The contents of the message prompted Shuzo to furrow his brow just the slightest bit, a small, almost incredulous huff escaping from his lips. The marksman would have been rather irritated--maybe as much as Shuzo--to find that Massi had been transported by Warren and therefore, to Warren Industries as well. Of course, there was still the mystery of Warren having known his real name, and the prospect of the Paragon databases being compromised would have been hilarious if the situation wasn't so dire.

Patriot revealed during the meeting that the people who took Massi worked for Warren. Photo evidence showed the armored vehicles and ninjas speaking with him at Warren Industries. Will look into possibility of Paragon databases infiltrated and check with contacts, along with info on the ninjas. Electricity didn't do much, but general exhaustion may have been a factor. Will keep in touch--take it easy out there.

After quickly typing a reply and hitting send, Shuzo sighed and tore off the rest of his clothes before taking a brief, cold shower despite the December chill of New York City. A few minutes later, the hero now stepped outside in a much more casual outfit than his normal attire: a black tee, brown leather jacket, black jeans, and black tactical shoes. Only his shoto was taken with him, sheathed against his right hip, and he wore a black mask that covered his mouth and nose. With his destination clear in mind, the winter wind blew around him as Shuzo began his trek toward the residence of Police Chief Yin Li.

- - -

"....to get away from you capes...... make this quick."

She was talking to someone. 'Capes'? It was likely she was speaking with another hero--or heroes--evident from her clear tone of distaste and the use of a well-known euphemism for the word 'hero' among gangs and underground crime syndicates. Well, whoever he or she was, the other hero would likely benefit from what the new face had come to discuss. Suddenly, a clatter sounded above Yin Li and Ansel before another pair of feet struck the concrete a few feet behind the latter. Shuzo dusted himself off nonchalantly before levelling a cool stare at the two individuals before him, and if they hadn't caught the sword discreetly hanging at his side, they definitely caught the brief crackle of red lightning in his now visible eyes.

"Deluge. Chief Li." His gaze rested on Yin Li before continuing. "I know you don't like me; the several thousand bullets you've fired at me these past few weeks are more than indication enough. Unfortunately, something's come up, and I have information which may prove beneficial to everyone here. It's good that you're here as well, Deluge; I need you to do something for me."

★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★
Ignizio / Subject 8733

As soon as Drill Sergeant Mash exited the room, Ignizio immediately broke the tense silence with a dismissive wave of his hand as he began to watch, clearly taking no more heed to the rather loud human.

"Please; you don't need our blessing. You may begin when ready."

(Auto’ing perms exchanged with Burble)

Subject 8733, or Wesley Barnes, let out a menacing snarl with a grin of delight before muttering "I'm ready," and already dashing forward. Who cared about impressing the Heralds? He wasn't trying to prove himself to anyone, not Mash, not Warren, not anyone. No... he just wanted to kill. To feel his victims crumble to ash in his hands. His intense bloodthirst burned away any desire for reputation and recognition, and it was the only fuel powering his progression as a fighter in Warren's lab.

The snowball that 4649 had prematurely thrown had already softened during its course into 8733's face, and after shaking it off briefly, he was now on a direct beeline toward the girl, claws ablaze and at the ready. However, 4649 met his wild gaze with a cool smirk, and her hands began to glow with a bright blue light, the temperature around her growing considerably low. Suddenly, with a flex of her fingers, a flurry of snowballs and chunks of ice was expelled from her palms, hurtling toward the quickly approaching 8733. Although they had already begun to melt as they neared his person, the soft masses of watery slush still maintained barely enough shape to remain on their course and crash into his face, immediately hindering the boy's movement.

The onslaught pressed on, each chunk of snow and ice slamming against 8733 with the intent to stop him in his tracks. However, 8733 remained undeterred in his approach, simply tearing through the projectiles his claws could reach in order to keep his momentum forward. Eventually, he reached 4649 and brought his arm back before letting loose a mighty backhand at the girl's temple. 4649 let out a rather surprised yelp before quickly bringing her arms up to protect her face, but the force of the blow knocked her to the side. 8733 felt his attack connect and beamed with sadistic glee, but he was suddenly stopped in his attempt to quickly follow up and press the offensive.

As 4649 got back onto her feet, 8733 found himself standing on a floor paved with slush and water, seeping through the cracks in his feet and sloshing around with every step. Though the flames dancing atop his head and around his body remained constant in intensity, the boy's demeanor carried a twinge of confusion within his otherwise menacing gaze as he entered a fighting stance once again.

Last edited:

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Patriot
"I thought you told me she worked for Warren." Patriot raised a brow. "A week ago I seem to distinctly recall you saying 'oh my new but old girlfriend works for warren and walks around with a robot because she's magically tied to a necklace'." He paused. "She's a distraction for you, Infinity. We don't need distractions for what we're about to do. Taking down Warren isn't going to be easy, and it isn't going to be the end of something, either. His downfall will only drag more people out, and they're who I'm really after." With that, he began to hover into the air. "You get distracted easily, Infinity. Don't let it get in the way this time." With that, he took off into the air, severing their interaction for now.

@Shadow_Pup

Yin Li
Her attention for Deluge dropped immediately as a figure she recognized from... somewhere... literally dropped in on their conversation. He addressed them, and she suddenly realized who it was. "Oh God." She groaned, closing her eyes for a second. "What is this? Paragon convention with the Police Chief? You bring Patriot with you, too? Jesus- fucking-" She slammed the door closed, and the two could hear her screaming into something that muffled her voice, the sound of her kicking something, a few seconds of silence before she opened the door. "Get the fuck in here before we attract any more attention." She ordered, glaring balls of fury at each of them and opened the door wide for their entry.

@BurbleBurble @OmnipotentOnion @The Dark Fairy

Crosshair carefully made his way down the sewer, keeping his eyes peeled. The further he walked, the more he didn't like this. The whole thing stank of a trap. Aside from other things... Noticing the movement from the shadows, Crosshair reached into this jacket and drew not a gun, but a flashlight. Flicking the flashlight on, he managed to catch sight of a figure. But before he could say anything, the figure was gone.

He did not like this. Not one bit.

Crosshair took a moment to carefully inspect the area, looking over the walls, the graffiti, even the carpet that had been rolled out. Noting everything that he saw, Crosshair flicked the flashlight off again. This was the most unusual, but the vigilante kept his guard up. If this was a trap, it certainly was a strange one. Crosshair followed the carpet through the bars and towards the opening. He was ready at any moment to dodge out of the way or fight.

Ansel

Ansel had gotten audience, successfully, with Yin Li. Though she didn't sound entirely happy to meet up with him- Saying something about doing stuff for him, Gordon to the Batman? He didn't quite get the euphemism- Never was into old super stuff, it all sort of seemed...outdated. After all, why read and watch movies about it when you are the superhero? Maybe for inspiration but...

Though he didn't get to respond to Yin Li, as a third party intervened. Why, it was Sparkblade. Had he been following him? Or maybe like, they were on the same wavelength?! But he also guessed that Yin Li didn't know Sparkblade was visiting, since she seemed to have a pretty visceral reaction to it. A lot of cursing, door slammed in their face, some more visceral reaction while the two were out in the hallway, exchanging an awkward glance.

And the door opened, Yin Li ushering them in before they made a scene. Y'know, if they hadn't already. Deluge still was...popular...in his own way. Like being a Paragon for starters. Sparkblade was also pretty famous, having a pretty hefty public presence, even if it was surrounded with an air of mystery. Though it was pretty hard to tell this was Sparkblade, other than the sword he had at his side.

Ansel took up the offer, stepping in the somewhat dingy apartment. Not that Ansel had any right to judge, his bachelor pad in the mid 2020s was way rougher than this apartment was. "So, uh, for the record- I didn't invite Sparkblade. Or Patriot, but I'm pretty sure he's busy in his office or something. And uh, I am here to ask something, but it's not really for me?" A moment later, when everyone was inside, Ansel elaborated. "Patriot called the meeting to tell us stuff, and- Well, here. Look at it."

Ansel had actually never put the picture from the table back down. He had shoved it into his pocket and never realized it until he was two blocks out from the Tower. It was the one featuring Larua, Goopy, and Warren, handing it over to the Police Chief. Goopy was Subject 3, but Ansel couldn't really remember that name or even knew it was a thing- The dude was goopy with his powers, so his name was Goopy. "The dude talking to Warren is Laura? Lauren? Copies powers, killed two people for no actual reason. Patriot says he knows where he is, and we're gonna go confront him. But I mean, I don't like people dying. So I kind of want to keep people not dying. Cause that sucks for everyone." He gave a glance to Sparkblade. "And sure, shoot man. I like being useful. This is the first time someone looked for me to do something for them."

So Ansel was pretty flattered by that. But he also had to wait for a response from the Police Chief, considering that was the reason he was here.

-----
Celice

Hot water was nice, y'know. A luxury for her, after having...not a whole lot. A blanket? A pillow? An actual television, even if she had sort of broken a few laws getting an additional few channels on it? A roof over her head? It was something after so long of nothing. Sure the boiler was probably gonna be out of water come eight, but who cared?

Though the shower also made her think about that third option. Which was, basically, break in and hope for the best. Okay, maybe it was a little more complicated than that- There was a group. Double Drakons. Very violent gang, played bullyboys for whatever corporations bought them out for the week, every other week drove around their rivals place and left a terrible path of destruction in their wake. But as of late, they had run into an issue- Sparkblade. A man who brought them to their knees as he utterly demolished their deals. A particularly disastrous run in had happened a week or so back. A bunch of their members got arrested, millions in weaponry got seized by the authorities.

Still, the Double Drakons were seemingly undeterred. Still had some more weaponry packed away, and to keep themselves afloat they needed to pawn it all off before some of their members squealed. How did Celice know this? One of their members was talking shit as she tore off the license plate of some sportscar they hotwired the other day. Unfortunately, they had just told a very crafty vigilante their plan.

Weaponry of that caliber in her hands would be pretty nice. Much higher quality components than whatever crap fell off whoever the Paragons were beating up this week, or whatever scraps she could gather at work.

Of course, if it backfired, she got got...Celice didn't like to think of that end too much.

Cutting off the water, drying herself off. She took a deep whiff. No more sewage smell. Great! Getting redressed in not-so-smelly clothes, and stepping into the living room...

To be whacked with the smell of sewage once more. It seemed Lady had been investigating the apartment without her supervision, and just stunk the whole place up. Celice took a deep breath to retain her composure.

"Come on." She grabbed Lady, dragging her into the bathroom. Bowl-hat got put in the sink, and Celice tried to guide her through the basics of the shower.

"Turn this to get the water flowing...This way makes it hotter, this way makes it colder. This is soap- You rub it on your hands and your body- Do not try to eat it. This is shampoo, for your hair. Squeeze it and get a little bit. I guess you can have more, your hair's longer. Don't eat it either! And get undressed before you shower, put the clothes in that pile there. We'll go put it on a wash in a couple minutes. Okay? Okay."

Closing the bathroom door behind her, Celice feared that the woman would probably try some other things without direct supervision, but it was also very awkward in the first place. So she was just hoping for the best.

Cleaning up the mess was simple enough. Close the fridge, open the window, throw the cushions to air out on the fire escape. While trying to put the buttons in the remote she accidentally powered on the television- Which had defaulted to the news station. Reporting on a few things- An attack that killed two people earlier that day, thwarted by the Paragons. Not Patriot, but a few of the other well known Paragons. Adapter, Deluge, one of the newer ones who was called "Telekine-Kid".

No Patriot though. She was always pretty ambivalent on him- After all, every celebrity had something shady they probably didn't want anyone else to see. But killing people? Who could stop him from just doing that?

...Charles Warren, probably. Maybe that's why he had "Subject 1"? Was there a "Subject 2" or "Subject 3"? If "Subject 1" had just been "killed" without any attempt to save her- despite clearly being alive here -There had to be backups or something.

Those sorts of questions pushed her on to keep investigating this dangerous rabbit hole. It had to go pretty goddamn deep with those two involved.

...Though she also had a water bill to pay, so she decided that it was probably time to make sure that Lady was actually washing herself...

-----
Doctor Chase

It had taken CL-9 a moment to 'get' the Doctor's winks, which she promptly overcompensated, not that it really mattered. Who was watching? No one. As far as Chase was aware, all the security was in the hallways. Most everything else would be motion detectors, like the one Chase had set up. And that was to make sure no one was going behind his back, but if it was CL-9 he didn't particularly care.

"If that's all, I better return to my office. I am a very busy man, have to continue work on the CL-X." Though Chase did think for a moment. He had started running almost immediately after the detectors got set off, so he didn't actually see anything on his end before the restraints got pulled. Would it of popped up on that end? Oh well- Chase still had the trust of Warren! He was probably the only one actually supervising it at the moment. "But you two have fun on your escapades! I'll just take this restraint with me to go-" He didn't manage to finish his sentence- As it was that moment where he discovered that no, someone must've been watching.

Because the door to the AI Hub had just been sliced apart by some blue haired jabroni, wielding a large disk of light. And this pissed the Doctor right the hell off, dropping the cubic device he had been walking out with a moment earlier, storming towards the Archangel.

"Hey! HEY!!" Chase shouted, getting very upset at whatever super had been sent down to investigate. Some dipshit who had cut down the door almost immediately and began throwing around his psychokinetic cutter or whatever. While a part of him knew that the jig was up if he played this wrong, another part of him was also completely, seriously furious at this...interloper. "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I AM CHASE ANGELO, CO-DIRECTOR OF THE ROBOTICS DIVISION!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TWO BIT IDIOT SENT YOU DOWN HERE TO INVESTIGATE THE SERVER BUT THEY CERTAINLY DID NOT CONTACT ME FIRST!! GET THE HELL OUT AND DO NOT COME BACK UNTIL YOU HAVE SOMEONE WITH ACTUAL AUTHORITY OVER THIS DIVISION TALKING TO ME!!" The ranting continued at he pointed at Kintoki, his other hand hoisting up his ID on a lanyard. It did, indeed, read off his name, rank, and security permissions.

Now whether Kintoki actually cared about any of that was a different story. The doctor was also not a very intimidating person, despite being red in the face as he shouted his lungs out- The Archangel was taller and far more muscular, and assumedly had not been a chronic smoker for the past twenty or so years. So it was likely that the Doctor was simply wasting breath and about to be punched in the face.

If the girl bringing a metal bar down on his head didn't hit Kintoki first, of course.

-----
Necrodytis

Her claws had sunk into flesh on one of her targets, the other just missed. She hissed as she glanced back to Loufe. The kid had a few gaping holes in his chest, blackened around the edges as her parasite worked it's way through his flesh. Though it was no doubt dying by this point, the rotting soon ceasing. Her eyes drilled into his, as she listened to his pleading. That stupid pleading!

"SHUT UP! You're just trying to backtrack! I'll end you both tonight!"

But he was right. Why was she so upset? She was definitely set up, but she couldn't remember by what. She approached the both of them...Or was there a third? There was a reason she was waiting up on that ledge. They were talking, but...It hurt her head to think about. If she wasn't already trying to murder them, Necrodytis may of taken a moment to rationalize and figure this out.

Too late now, though.

She lunged towards Techno, smashing into the wall besides the girl. She was probably damaging her suit, or at least scuffing the hell out of it, but it didn't matter if she sunk some claws into throats tonight. Paint was replaceable, identity was not. Shifting her gaze towards Techno quickly, she slashed at her again, which was likely a fairly predictable move at this point.

"Die already!!"

-----
Skade, Subject 4649

(Perms were granted, as Onion previously stated.)

4649 had let her dislike of 8733 outweigh her own fear of being shouted at by Mash. Though Mash himself was not ordaining the fight himself- Leaving that to these strange "Heralds". That was what the Instructor called them. Heralds of what, she briefly pondered.

She didn't have much more time to consider. The one with black eyes- Not bruised, it was like staring into voids -Immediately called them into battle. 4649 had a feeling that, despite Mash's request to not kill one another, the hellhound boy was going to murder her if he got the chance. Who could stop him? Maybe those "Heralds", but she had a good feeling they wouldn't step in to stop them. Mash could yell pretty loud, but the boy could just kill him too.

Luckily, her powers were nearly a perfect counter. She kept her distance. He needed to hit her directly to get his desired kill- And since she wasn't going for such a kill, the proximity was unnecessary. Though she wasn't able to keep up forever. He got too close, struck her once, struck her again. But he didn't move in for the kill, as he glanced around at the slushy cover of the room.

"You see it now, right?" She told him, back on her feet. She glanced towards the white haired Herald, who simply looked on at the young subjects, smirking. And then back to her opponent. "You just gave me the win."

She immediately froze the ground beneath her, which quickly spread- The only watery slush not frozen over was that immediately under 8733. Her next action was grabbing up an icy chunk of slush, sliding across the ice towards the boy as fast as she could, and chucking it into his face. With her presence able to keep it cold until she released it upon his face, it probably stung pretty bad. His own heat no doubt helped turn it into a less painful experience, but almost certainly not a less embarrassing one. And she continued sliding on, using another chunk of frozen slush to stop her momentum.

She glanced again towards the Heralds. The void-eyed one continued observing as he had already, silently. The white haired one had also not changed too much. Though 4649 did notice her looking intently towards herself. Unlike the fiery boy, she was inherently driven to impress. There was clearly some sort of kinship she and that Herald had. Definitely not biological, but there was something they shared.

This drive to impress led 4649 to pick up another slush chunk, though this time she also made a number of spiky icicles jut from it's surface, as she skated back towards her burning opponent.

She wanted to make it hurt this time.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Kinzoku swiftly dodged the attack, letting the guards who had accompanied him to deal with Lilian he turned to Chase, "Well Doctor, I don't care to ask who gave the order, but I was told to shutdown that CL unit and anyone with it was to be eliminated so please shut up up" he said dispersing his halo and having it appear behind him again as he prepared to slice the doctor to shreds, "I'll have to deal with you first as the robot chick seems a little tougher than expected" he added making the halo circle Chase intimidatingly.
@The Dark Fairy @comic @BurbleBurble

Shuzo

Chief Li's reaction had been rather expected, her anger towards Shuzo made crystal clear through the noises he and Ansel had heard through the door. As the woman reappeared and welcomed the heroes in with open arms, the newly inducted Paragon entered the Chief's home and took in his surroundings. The interior was just as tacky as the apartment building it occupied, the walls cracked and in dire need of a repaint. A stray cat--with dusty, black fur and a tattered left ear--warily approached Shuzo, who turned to glance at it before reaching down and stroking its head. He had a soft spot for cats, what could he say?

A framed photograph on the kitchen counter also caught Shuzo's attention; it pictured the Police Chief with a man, and the two had bright smiles on their faces as they embraced in a beautiful landscape, standing in a field of tall, green grass. The scene brought to mind Patriot's words from earlier today when the hero officially inducted Shuzo into the Paragons.

"....whatever it is widows like you do on Friday nights."

Right. She had been a widow. As he attempted to keep any cursory glances toward the photograph subtle and away from the focus of Chief Li--who would certainly be likely to tell him to "piss off" upon noticing his curiosity--his mind began to wander. In that picture, the Chief had been doing something Shuzo wasn't sure she was capable of doing: smiling. With a man whom Shuzo could only presume to be her late spouse. Her much warmer disposition around the man was a stark contrast to the battle-hardened woman standing before the two Paragons today. Taking into account her clear dislike for powered individuals, especially Patriot and his Paragons, Shuzo couldn't help but reach a self-formulated conclusion: Chief Li used to have a more friendly demeanor until an accident or pre-meditated attack by powered individuals tragically tore her husband away from her, leaving her a shell of the person she used to be.

Well, damn.

Suddenly, Deluge's voice piped up as soon as everyone was inside seated in the living room, and Shuzo returned his focus to the matter at hand, though the cat seemed intent on staying with the man, even hopping up to perch on his shoulder. Shuzo was rather surprised to hear what Deluge had to say, having expected to be the one to relay the details of the coming attack to the Police Chief himself. Instead, the water Paragon had produced a photograph from the meeting from earlier, starting the discussion and mentioning Patriot's plan for tomorrow. However, seeing an opportunity to chime in and elaborate on a few details Deluge had missed, Shuzo began speaking as well.

"
Hope this little guy doesn't take a leak on me Patriot also had photo evidence for connections between Warren and Massi--had the former directing the same armored vans that took Massi away. Patriot's planned an attack on Warren Industries, asking me to take point on infiltrating the facility. He predicts that Warren will fight back against Patriot and the other Paragons with supers of his own, including Larua and the other ninjas, while I go in amidst the crossfire.

A concern I think I share with Deluge is the fact that.... there's gonna be a lot of crossfire. Not to mention the threat of Massi remaining alive; it needs human bodies to subsist, so it's imperative there are no innocents at risk on the chance that Warren lets it out. If we can set up a police perimeter to lock down the area around Warren Industries and deter any bystanders, that should help to make sure there's no one in harm's way when the attack begins.
"

Shuzo furrowed his brow, staring at the photo Deluge had set down before continuing.

"
As much as I'd like to trust--well, no. I can't fully say I trust the other Paragon recruits like Elasticity, Agony, Dapper Gecko, or the others to pull their weight in the coming attack when considering the strength of Warren's powered subordinates; it would definitely help to put together some squadrons of sorts with your best police troops--officers who can hold their own in a firefight and provide support. I can reach out to Crosshair, see if I can find weapons to supply your men with. You'll also find some good use in the firearms you confiscated from the busted Double Drakons deal at the Silver Sand docks a while back.

It's a gamble, putting that many officers in the field like that, especially in one location. However, I personally believe that if we succeed in taking down at least the Warren Industries facility stationed here, it would be mutually beneficial for both you, the police force, and us. I don't know about you, but if Warren wanted to ensure the survival of Massi, an alien killing machine, and pulled those two ninjas from his facility to do it, there's no telling what else he has at his disposal and what he plans to do with it.
"

That was a mouthful. Shuzo said no more, allowing his words to sink in and Yin Li to take in all of the information he had just provided. However, there was still the matter of what he needed from Deluge. He turned to face the water Paragon before speaking once more.

"
Well, you're the first Paragon I've worked with as of recently, so I suppose I'd feel more comfortable asking you for help. Crosshair's also expressed his concern about Warren and those ninjas having known our real names and yours as well. Assuming you have more experience working the computers at Paragon Tower, Crosshair suggested looking into the databases we have there and scanning for any sign of compromise in your servers' cyber security."

You're more popular with the people, so it's more likely your name is well-known anyway, but Crosshair and I are vigilantes. We stay outside the radar and work in the shadows. Even then, Warren knew our secret identity, and Dapper Gecko said I had been on the 'recruitment dossier' for a while--I'm sure you can imagine my concern. It'd also help to have more information on the ninjas, especially the 'goopy' one. Nothing we threw at it seemed to work--maybe the databases at the tower are a good place to start."

- - -

Subject 8733

Well, this complicated things.

As the wet terrain around him immediately solidified, his feet were trapped underneath the newly frozen ice, leaving 8733 vulnerable to any coming attack. 4649 had capitalized on the element in which she thrived, using the ice to glide swiftly toward the boy and hurl a much harder chunk of ice at his face. The fire surrounding his body had indeed helped to alleviate the icy crash against his head, but the increased mass and chill of the projectile coupled with 8733's rigid footing left him unable to do anything but fall. With his feet still pinned to the ground, the boy fell to the icy ground on his rear, leaving him even more vulnerable with 4649 approaching once again.

Vulnerable.... he hated feeling vulnerable.

Suddenly, the fire dancing around him, which had been visibly weaker amidst the frozen terrain, flared to life once again, easily melting away the ice that trapped 8733's feet. Quickly scrambling to his feet, the boy turned to face 4649, not a trace of the nonchalance and confusion from earlier in his eyes as he entered a fighting stance once again. The girl had seemed to use the same tactic again, though a more jagged surface was conjured to deliver extra pain. 8733 remained still as she continued to approach, bringing her arm back to hurl her projectile at him, but as it left her hand and was sent on a course straight for his jaw, he continued to stand still, waiting for it to get closer.... and closer. 4649 seemed confused as to why her opponent chose to just stand there and take the attack, especially when she had added something extra to really hurt, but her delight upon seeing her chunk of ice fly at 8733's face outweighed any ambivalence on the matter.

At least, that was before she saw the smoke escaping from the corners of 8733's mouth.

In a flash of blue light, 8733 opened his mouth, revealing a set of sharpened fangs made of bright, blue fire. He turned to face the quickly approaching chunk of ice and closed his jaws down on it, using both the fire and his teeth to almost instantly whittle the projectile down to nothingness in one bite. As his mouth closed, 8733 then exhaled a mixture of smoke and water vapor before levelling a stare into the still moving 4649's eyes and flashing a menacing grin.

"I gave you the win? C'mon, you know I'm not nearly nice enough to do that."

With a deep breath, 8733 suddenly lunged forward in hot (heh) pursuit; rather than melting his way through the ice, the boy instead opted to simply run atop the frozen surface, and the blue fire previously surrounding his body was nowhere to be seen as he chased after 4649 with a snarl. Though the girl was gliding at a swift pace with ease along the surface of the ice, 8733 was able to close the gap by sprinting on all fours, and once she was in reach, the boy lunged forward in an attempt to tackle her to the ground.

comic

Yin Li
She didn't bother telling them to get comfortable- not that she needed to. They seemed to do that just fine on their own. She glanced back at the casually dressed Sparkblade, immediately following his gaze to a framed photograph nearby, sitting on a shelf. It depicted her and her late husband, Zhang, on their honeymoon in Ireland. It wasn't exactly her first choice but he'd always expressed a desire to go, so she'd decided that they would. That was so long ago now...
Once Shuzo had looked away, the Police Chief quietly turned the photograph down, concealing its contents before accepting the image from Ansel as he spoke, going on about what he'd learned from Patriot.

Warren. Of course. She'd always known he had ties to so many things she, or a vigilante, wound up putting a stop to. But involvement with those armored ninja things before? The man who'd fought the Paragons today? He was deeper in this than she'd originally suspected. Then it was Sparkblade's turn, and he went on about Warren's involvement with Massi, his role in this coming... 'assault' against Warren.
They were practically giving her a solid reason to arrest each and every one of them. Paragons may not answer to anyone, but they certainly weren't above the law, and their plans were practically terrorism.
She had half a mind to slap cuffs on both of these men here and now.
But she didn't.
Why? Well, there were a million reasons. Firstly she couldn't arrest them all, no matter what she did. At the end of the day, Patriot set the example for supers as a whole, and his example was simple. When you're Super, no one's your boss. Unless it's him, of course. She'd just make things worse trying to arrest them. Then there was the matter of even attempting to arrest Warren. He had countless politicians worldwide in his pocket, at his beck and call. Hell, she wouldn't be surprised if the president herself answered to the man.
But there was another reason that she found herself realizing, while simultaneously despising. Her relationship with Ansel was next to non-existent aside from brief interactions before today, now having saved him from the wind ninja. But Sparkblade? She'd been tailing the guy for literal years, and he'd always eluded her. That didn't mean they hadn't had their interactions. Arguments, spats, maybe a few flying bullets. Today, however, opened up a whole other window. She'd worked alongside the guy she'd spent so long trying to put behind bars. Perhaps is was a sort of companionship she felt, or maybe she just didn't want this game of cat and mouse to end. Either way, it made her stomach churn uncomfortably.

As Yin Li digested all of this, her stomach twisting even more, Sparkblade spoke to Deluge for a few moments about a possible compromise to the Paragon's system databases. As they conversed, the Police Chief began to pace, placing her hands against her hips and taking a few deep breaths.
Just when she thought this city couldn't get deeper into hell...

@OmnipotentOnion @BurbleBurble @The Dark Fairy

Lady
Celice was quick to put the childish Lady back on track, showing her how to use the shower, to undress, what to eat and what not to eat- wait, which one was she not supposed to eat? Oh well, she'd figure it out. Before Celice had even left the room, Lady had started stripping down, unaware of social customs. The door closed, and Lady climbed into the shower, turning a knob.
"Ah!" She cried, leaping back and nearly slipping down in the tub as cold water sprayed over her. She stared through the stream at the knobs. One had a blue 'c', the other a red 'h'. She'd used the blue one. Blue meant cold, right? She just needed to figure out how to get to the red one and use it...

She tried to push her arm through the water, but quickly pulled back as the cold water hit her bare limb. She was about to call on Celice for help, before pausing. No... she could do this. It was just some stupid water. Standing on tiptoe, Lady reached up to grab the shower head, and turned it to face the wall, where the water proceeded to splash off the wall and onto her in her safety spot.
This time she did slip, crashing down and nearly pulling the curtain with her, before quickly grabbing the knob and twisting it.
A moment passed, during which the cold water continued to fall on her, before it slowly turned warm, and she smiled to herself. That wasn't so hard. Now what was next...
Soap. She didn't remember its purpose, but looking at it, she could recall Celice telling her not to eat it. Or maybe she was remembering it wrong and Lady was supposed to eat it? She looked at the bottle that was apparently for her hair. Grabbing it, she stared at the item with a searing intensity, before she placed it on her head.
It slipped off and fell to the shower floor with a heavy thump. Showering was hard.
She tried this a few more times before noticing the liquid coming out of the top, some of which had squirted out upon the fourth drop. Curiously, she pressed the top down, and a bunch of the thick liquid spat out at her feet. She giggled loudly at this, before pressing it down a few more times in quick succession. She then began to step in the pile of soap she'd made, still giggling, before she set the bottle down, remembering this was for her hair. She scooped what she could from the ground and slapped it into her matted hair. It didn't seem to do anything. Maybe she needed more?

Grabbing the bottle again, Lady proceeded to squirt it a few more times, this time aiming the nozzle at her head, before rubbing the soap into her scalp. To her surprise, the soap drastically changed, forming into puffy white bubbles that now covered her whole head. With the widest smile you could possibly imagine, she began to dance in place in the shower, rubbing the soap all over her long, red curls. The knots and twists seemed to even out, and she ran her fingers through her hair, eyes widening at how much smoother it felt. This was so cool! She rubbed the bubbly soap all over her body next, standing underneath the stream of water as it began to wash away. The dirt that covered her, the smell of the sewers, and the stress of so long of being lost washed away.
She felt undeniably happy right now, all thanks to Celice, her best friend.
Grabbing the bar of soap, Lady quickly sank her teeth into it. Perhaps this was the way to clean teeth?
Immediately, she spat out the piece she'd bitten off, watching as it ran down the tub to come to a stop at the drain. That was absolutely disgusting. Shaking her head, she set the bar of soap back down, and squirted some more shampoo onto her head.

When Celice knocked on the door to check on Lady, she called something that the girl couldn't quite hear. In fact, she didn't hear Celice at all. Just the knock. Her eyes widened as she turned her gaze to the door (having never closed the shower curtains all the way, water pooling on the bathroom floor).
And once again, just like before, she felt her mind be removed from her body as a memory took over, and rather than standing in a shower, she stood rigid in a dark room, a bed to her left. Heavy-handed knocks bashed against the door before her, and yells accompanied them. Yells she couldn't make out through the foggy memory, but there were some she could pick out. "Betray". "Mine". "Kill." Her skin ran cold as her breaths went ragged, and she returned to the present, finding herself lying on the shower floor, the shower curtain on top of her, having somehow been pulled down, the water raining down on her face as she took a few ragged breaths, eyes wide, still recovering from a memory that stuck out in her mind as terrifying. Who had been at the door? She felt like she knew, yet at the same time, she didn't.
Lady hadn't even noticed Celice open the door when the loud sound of a crash had happened, courtesy of Lady falling and taking the shower curtain with her.

@BurbleBurble

CL-9
Just as things seemed to be wrapping up, and a new ally had made himself known... things went right to hell in a hand-basket. Fast.
The android felt herself move even before she'd processed the situation, and her hand gripped an energy-based Halo, which tore through her skin with ease, but her advanced endoskeleton stopped it in its tracks. It had been heading directly for Lilian. She would not allow her friend to be harmed.
Chase barked a bunch of words at the intruder, who didn't seem to be buying it as Lilian appeared him with an attack, which he simply ignored as Lilian was quickly apprehended by the guards that flanked either side of the man. CL-9 quickly scanned his face once the Halo disappeared, and recognized him. "Subject 0284, Kinzoku." She stated, eyes narrowing as they flitted alertly toward Lilian's situation. "Energy projectile creation in the shape of rings, capable of shaving diamond." The android glanced to Chase. "You need to go." Was her only advice before a couple small strings suddenly shot out of her skeletal hand, aiming to attach themselves to Kinzoku and deliver a nasty shock, built-in tasers utilized by the android.

@BurbleBurble @The Dark Fairy @Shadow_Pup

Last edited:

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian missed, something that did not often happen due to how unexpected it was, at least back in her day. She looked around as guards reached out to grab her, she twisted away, one guard getting a hand on her rod. She vanished with her rod, appearing behind and knocking out the guard who had dared touch it “That my bar!” She said angrily. Whiling around she climbed another one in the face, knocking him down. Two loud bang could be heard as two of the guards shot Lilian, one in her left arm, the other in the stomach. Her eyes widened, she knew what guns were, but she had never actually been shot, and it hurt. She gasped, sucking in a breath before she glared at the guards, rapidly vanishing and reappearing behind the guards to take the remaining three out.

Lilian had to take a moment to gasp again, bleeding and in pain. She bent down and picked up a gun from a guard, her bar vanishing as she turned toward Kinzuko. “Stop, I have a gun!” She yelled, holding it up to aim at the super.

As Crosshair entered the opening, the light emanating from within it appeared to be a single lamp, faded and dirty. The lamp flickered in the trash heap he found himself in. Soon however, the lightbulb died, leaving Crosshair alone with his flashlight.

Before he had time to check his surroundings with the light, another one switched on. This time in the form of a spotlight. It focused on a particularly filthy boy inside of a trash can. Said kid, Scud laughed in his dumb superior voice, holding up a frying pan bent in the shape of a megaphone.

“Ey! Yous down dere! You better gets da king da applause he deserves, cause he be here! You just found yaself in da kingdom of da trashy boys! Da kingdom of da prince a’ polluin’, da lugal of litter! Prince Percy da first!”

suddenly, the lights above began to crackle and flicker on. They were tied together crudely as if fifteen different engineers had different ideas but only did parts of them. Next to scud were a bunch of young kids, each one emerging from the shadows with something in hand. They were all roughed up a dirty, wearing pots, cardboard boxes, racks of waterbottles filled with a putrid green fluid, amongst many other such articles.

They pulled out their instruments from behind their back, if you could even call them that. They had brought cans with bolts rattling inside, strings sloppily tied to pipes, and horns crafted from barrels. Then they began to play a racket that attempted to be that of a royal them, being a bit junky in nature, but nevertheless getting the point across.

As the rest of the lights turned on, Prince Percy’s side of the room lit up. The Prince himself was standing in front of his throne, holding onto his staff in an authoritative stance. All the while, homeless and disheveled looking men surrounded the carpet. They were wearing thick stitched together Ed ponchos, cloaks, baggy clothes, and all sorts of layered on dress that made them look much more like vandals than actual panhandlers. Many of them had makeshift weapons either in their hand or tucked closely nearby.

Prince Percy twirled his staff about as the music came to a close, pointing at the guest they had received.

“Well Well! You approach the royal chamber! I’ve been expecting you! Come here, come here!”

He waved the guest closer, despite the grand entrance that was made, which one could tell he was giddy about just by quick hopping of his feet in anticipation.

@Captain Cardboard

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Kinzoku reacted quickly he blocked the taser shot with hit halo before sending it towards Lilian in an attempt to swiftly slice the gun in half even if it took off a few fingers. Kinzoku was starting to wonder what he was going to do, the android was a pin to deal with it would seem and the guards he came with were apparently useless. This was definitely more challenging than he had assumed and he was annoyed. He prepared himself for a surprise attack and waited to see how the woman would react to having the gun broken.
@The Dark Fairy @comic @BurbleBurble

Ansel

Yin Li hadn't said much at all, though Sparkblade did contribute quite a bit to the conversation. He greatly expanded on what Ansel had brought up, crossfire and the such. Though his ideas did skew a little more...radical? Like breaking out the weapons they had seized from the Double Drakons, using that to help support the Paragons. Ansel was thinking moreso...support. People who could escort the hurt and injured, keep bystanders out of the way.

"I do have to say, I don't think Patriot's super on the money with his plan. Like, Charles Warren has no reason to back up Laura. Because as far as I can tell, this had to of been a recent development? There's no reason for Warren to give him backup because it has almost no real benefit." Ansel was talking to the both of them on this. "He has the ninjas, and maybe they aren't as durable as Forsythe's brother would be in a fight with Patriot, but come on, Patriot's still gonna win that fight. I haven't seen him, like, bleed. Ever. Why would Warren send out the little guys then? To clean up us?"

Ansel glanced to Yin Li then, lowering his shades (That he was wearing at eight o' clock in the night) so she could see his eyes. Sort of an indication he was talking more to her. "Not to mention, Patriot hasn't actually told us where Larua is. We're all meeting up at 11:30 in the morning tomorrow to pull off this plan, and I basically told you everything he told us. And I'm now I'm thinking he didn't actually want you to know this quite yet, but I mean- He said you'd learn eventually, so I figured why not now?" He took a moment to think before continuing. "Maybe there's some way I can contact you while we're on route to his location, but...as Sparkblade brought up, me and Infinity are probably gonna have the second best shot at taking out Larua or any of the ninja guys, provided they show. Maybe Silver Sword if he takes off the armor, I don't think he will though. That means Patriot will be paying attention to me, and if I'm taking a call he's gonna wonder why I'm doing it then. I guess I could say it's my girlfriend or something, but he probably knows how that part of my life is going too. It's a tough situation..."

Something occurred to Ansel.

"You could use the trackers we have. I know Patriot and I have them, so do the other Paragons. Just follow the blips, and keep your- and everyone else's -distance."

Seemingly content with that, he turned to Sparkblade. "The name thing, compromised servers...The problem isn't that, I don't think. Me and Gecko brought it up, but Warren funds about eighty percent of the tower. Everything else is government grants and money out of our pockets. So he also provides a majority of our technology, which probably also means he knows everything in that system." Ansel did take a moment to consider something. "But I don't think the dossier we have ever mentioned you or Crosshair's name. So Warren's probably been doing a little research of his own. Maybe there's some accidental overlap though. I have a way to get administrator access to the computer, so we can go check that out once we're done here."

He turned back to the chief of police once again. "Anyways, if you want to be in on the loop I guess we could talk again some time soon. We'll probably see each other tomorrow some time. Provided we don't die. I doubt anyone here is gonna be dead tomorrow, I don't have any plans with it, doubt you guys do yeah?" That was supposed to be a weird sort of joke. Ansel seemed to realize it didn't land.

"Okay. I said my piece. Anything else you want to tell us before we head back to the tower?" He said this as he got up, dusting cat hair off his pants as he did so. How many cats did she own?

-----
Celice

Celice walked in to find another mess. Lady in a pile beneath the shower curtain, water still pooling on the floor. Lady did look scared half to death.

On the upside, it didn't smell like sewage, which meant that Lady had probably successfully cleaned herself.

"Y'know what? You did better than I thought you would." Celice said, cutting off the water. "Come on, don't worry about it. I'm not that upset."

She did seem...Off. Like she had been when the blood smell had hit her. But Lady seemed to bounce back pretty quickly. She seemed to grasp the concept of a "towel" very quickly, drying off well enough. Getting dressed in Celice's clothes...again. She guessed she'd need to go out and get Lady some clothes that made her not look like they were sharing a wardrobe. And getting more food, since Lady seemingly didn't eat as little as Celice did. Or rather, Celice's usual grocery run was gonna need to get bigger. And figuring out how to juggle her job...The chop shop wasn't a great place for a very curious woman to be.

And the bed! They couldn't both sleep in it. That'd be...awkward, since it was supposed to only be for one person.

"I guess you can have the bed. I'll sleep on the couch-" She glanced at the cushion-less couch. "Floor. I'll sleep on the floor."

...This was gonna be more complicated than she thought.

-----
Doctor Chase

This was awful! This stupid super was the one they were sending to eliminate her? But as he quickly threatened Chase's life, he began ranting once more. "OHHHHH YOU THINK YOU CAN THREATEN ME?! I'LL TELL YOU THIS YOU SON OF A BITCH- WARREN'S GOT DOZENS OF SUPERS LIKE YOU AT HIS BECK AND CALL, BUT HE'S ONLY GOT ONE-" Chase had actually collected himself as CL-9 approached. She told him to leave. And she...was probably right. He basically exhausted himself screaming his lungs out. He...needed to figure out how to make an excuse for this. All of this.

"I...I have to go, go to hell!" He spat as he stormed out, speedwalking his way to the elevator. The lights in general were pretty low in this level of the facility, while the public explanation was that the floor was an unused office space, energy conservation and what not- the real reason was to conserve a large amount of power for the AI hub. It also deprived the floor of most of it's security protocols, which probably meant they didn't get a good look at Chase's face on any sort of camera either. He hoped his angry screams blended into one rage ball of speech as he stepped into the elevator, hurriedly clicking the "close door" button. And returning to the floor his office was in.

He had an idea. A few contingencies he could quickly work on...or rather, finish. He had conceptualized a "fake reset" for CL-9. She would react to the reset as if she had received it- But it was nothing more than an action prompted by the reset phrase. He also had a contingency to give her in the case of his own demise, but it was a real long shot. Thus why he was leaving it until he was dead. He also needed to speed along the production of the CL-X, as the improvements it had included a much larger local storage. This would let her exist on a more...independent scale. She wouldn't need the AI Hub, not as much anyways.

Of course, all of this was stuff he needed to get to once he was back at his office. He also needed to ensure no one had seen his mad dash, had to trace whoever was looking at the AI Hub, get in contact with Chrome about Warren's whereabouts...And light another cigarette.

God he needed a good smoke.

Upon stepping into his office, stomping on the cigarette he had dropped when he originally panicked, he pulled out a fresh one from the cart on his desk. Lighting one. Taking a deep huff. And immediately coughing.

Okay, yeah. He got his sweet, sweet nicotine fix for the next twenty minutes.

Logging back into his computer, the first thing he noticed- other than the repeated alerts of movement in the AI Hub, he had received a message from Chrome. Warren had unexpectedly left his lab. But for as good as his tech may of been, it wouldn't of gotten him back to New York so fast from Antarctica. Quickly, Chase drafted a message.

//in the middle of something, so writing this quick
he's definitely not back here, not totally sure if my own problems were something he called
might've found another herald, but i'm pretty sure he got one today.
one of his airships left for siberia russia, came back with +1 persons. not sure who, but who else would he pick up from siberia??
don't be super surprised if i disappear soon, might be in hot water and get "fired"
keep on your toes. chase

With the message sent, he quickly returned to his job, madly coding a quick software update for CL-9.

He could probably finish it in about...three hours.

Yeah, what so bad could happen in three hours? She was a big girl. She could take care of herself until then. That's what he hoped.

-----
Skade, Subject 4649

Damn! That was a nasty word, right? Mash used it whenever he looked really mad. More than usual, that is.

If she was right, then that'd be a good word, since she lost her upper hand. The boy's mouth was practically on fire- No, not practically. Was on fire. Her icy slush ball of pain burst as he sunk his teeth into it, and probably focused all his fire into his jaws.

He mocked her confidence, which he had promptly dissolved with his new strategy. Which was probably to murder her, or melt her limbs or something similarly terrible. She skated across the chilled battlefield as best she could, as he began shortening the gap she had created when she had frozen over the battle field. 4649 struggled to keep her distance, which she had relied on thus far to stay ahead of the scorching boy. But he continued coming at her, with an increased ferocity.

He even got down on all four, skidding across the ice just as effectively. It was then she noticed that a collision was imminent as he lunged towards, and that she only had a few moments to think of something to stop herself from immediately dying.

She did the first thing that came to mind- generating a quick burst of ice and snow beneath her, she flew into the air. Stayed for a moment. Then 8733 practically smashed through it, causing her to tumble back down. She attempted to make a soft landing for herself, spraying a cloud of snow on the iced over floor, not wanting to crash into it. 4649 semi-managed to do this, crashing into a thin layer, sliding off in the opposite direction of 8733.

She hoped he had disoriented himself going through her quickly generated ice stilts, but he had basically scorched through that as well. He wasn't nearly as disoriented as she had been by the fall, as she pulled herself up by the forearms.

The subject focused her eyes on the opponent. He was coming at her again. Maybe time for a change of pace? Instead of generating a projectile to toss at him- After all, he had that figured out now -She began creating snow and flurries behind her. An ever growing pile, unfocused as he came closer and closer.

Then, the snow pile suddenly seemed to gain sapience. It became a large pillar behind her- and quickly came down upon them both.

The snow around her quickly moved out of her way, as she sat upwards. The snow previously around her moved in upon the pile on top of 8733, as she tried to bury her opponent. Maybe she couldn't kill him, or even defeat him. But certainly she could exhaust him.

Which this hopefully would do. Not a lot of air beneath there to burn, and if he burned it he couldn't breath, right?...Right?

She once again looked at the Heralds. Neither had changed their expressions since the last time she looked. She wanted to change that, right here, right now. Generating more and more snow to stack upon her opponent. This...this had to work!

It had to!

Last edited:
Shuzo

As Ansel said his piece after Shuzo was done, the newer Paragon furrowed his brow in thought, listening intently.

"
We can't disregard the possibility. The ninjas are guaranteed to show; they've been Warren's most often used assets. As for Larua, I have to agree that he's a bit of a wild card who might not even show when we attack tomorrow. We can only trust that Patriot will take point on facing him if that happens. If the ninjas also prove to be too much for the forces outside Warren Industries, I can try making my presence from the inside more known, try to lure them in with me and go from there, though we also have to be wary for whatever else Warren might pull."

Shuzo had been careful not to reveal his own objective once he had successfully infiltrated Warren Industries; knowing Yin Li, she was very likely to tear up the town once again to put him behind bars like old times if she learned of his plan. The cat on his shoulder had already drifted to sleep by the time Shuzo directed his gaze toward Deluge and continued to speak.

"
You and Infinity are likely the main line of defense for the ground forces provided Patriot takes on Larua; maybe you could work with Chief Li to coordinate the police perimeter around Warren Industries, organize routes on all sides for any injured officers or heroes to get quick medical attention and keep civilians a safe distance away.

As for the databases, if Warren’s mostly responsible for funding the tech in Paragon Tower, it’s definitely likely that he’ll do extra research on anyone Patriot’s looking at as a possible recruit, myself and Crosshair included. Either way, it’ll help to see if there’s anything else on us once you get admin access. Hopefully there’s nothing else too personal that’ll be too compromising.
"

The still pacing Yin Li continued to listen, occasionally chiming in with her piece as the discussion continued; finally, after a few more minutes of talking, it seemed like there was nothing left to say, and Deluge began wrapping things up, getting ready to take his leave. It was settled: the trackers were a solid way to establish location, most precautions about Warren's response had been discussed, and Shuzo and Ansel would soon be on their way back to Paragon Tower to check on the databases. Turning to glance at Ansel, Shuzo gave a small motion for the water Paragon to go ahead first.

"
Gonna make a stop at my place; need to grab a few things, reach out to contacts, all that stuff. Feel free to head to the tower first--I'll only be a few minutes."

Ansel nodded and started toward the door, giving a short salute to Chief Li before adjusting his sunglasses and leaving the apartment room. Shuzo was about to follow suit, gently prying the sleeping cat from his shoulder and laying it down onto the nearby couch. However, as he turned to say his goodbye's, his eyes fell onto the now turned over photograph that had caught his attention earlier. Without saying a word, Shuzo walked toward the shelf upon which the picture sat, picked up the photograph and dusted it off with his sleeve, cleaning the glass, and set it back upright. Though he felt content to leave it at that and finally allow the chief some peace and quiet, something prompted him to stop halfway, and he turned around to face Chief Li. After all the years and apprehension attempts, and the glares the two had exchanged, there was now a subtle tone of empathizing warmth in Shuzo's eyes before he spoke one last time.

"
I've lost people as well. It's almost as if the universe itself doesn't want you to forget, isn't it? You start moving on for one second, and there it is; their faces, burned into your head for the thousandth time. You have my condolences; I'm sure he was a good man."

Finally finished, Shuzo turned once more and continued on his way out of Chief Li's residence.

- - - - -

Subject 8733

Cold.

It was cold.

As the snow continued to pile on top of him, 8733 felt the ice on his face, in his mouth, in his clothes (that was the most unpleasant), and the fire dancing around him began to subside and dissipate. He could feel 4649 piling more ice onto him as well, evident by the increasing pressure put on his body as she did so. As he struggled to dig his way out of the continuously growing pile of snow, the exertion in doing so left him short on breath, exhausting him even further. However, 8733 continued to try and push away the clumps of ice in his face, and as the rate of increase in the snow's mass overpowered his rate of digging himself out, the number of options he had quickly dwindled. In the end, there was one last thing he could do.

Suddenly, as 4649 continued to add more ice to the pile, the innermost part of the heap began glowing with a bright blue light, and as the light grew in strength, a hand, wrapped in dancing flame, popped out of the ice, evaporating the snow around it. With an opening out of which to speak, 8733 heaved a defeated sigh before taking a deep, much-needed breath and speaking.

"I concede."

With the bout concluded, the room began to heat up, and the mass of ice began to melt away around 8733, who weakly got up onto his feet and faced 4649. With yet another sigh of disappointment, he reached out with a hand for the girl to shake, seeming much more dormant and calm than usual. It seemed like as the fire around him died down, so did his feral and sadistic nature.

"Never thought for a second your strategy would beat mine; not bad. But just you wait: I won't lose next time."

This was... unexpected. Crosshair had walked into this part of the sewer fully expecting a trap. Maybe something to do with those ninjas, or that Massai creature, or whatever other enemy Crosshair had ended up wronging. But instead he was treated to... a royal presentation? The vigilante watched as Prince Percy was illuminated. He had heard that name before. Lately, he had been hearing rumors of some sort of underground city starting, being led by someone with supposed 'magical powers'. He hadn't been hearing too many negative thing about it, however, so it had been pretty low on his list of things to investigate. Reflecting back on it, perhaps he should have put it a bit higher since his main hideout was an abandoned sewer maintenance room...

As Prince Percy was presented, Crosshair took a moment to observe the leader that had likely masterminded such a grand entrance. The 'Prince' was surrounded by a group of vandals, some sort of protection detail? They were all armed with makeshift weapons that nonetheless looked rather dangerous. And then there was the leader.

A child.

Crosshair was surprised. The kid didn't look much older from a teenager, yet was somehow commanding the respect of all these other people. Yet it didn't look like anyone was being forced to do anything. Most definitely powered, then. Maybe they really did consider him a prince. The title of prince did make more sense now, as an older person would have been titled a 'king'. Crosshair was short on info, having no real clue as to what powers this kid had. So he decided to play along.

When Crosshair was waved to approach the prince, he obliged.
"I've been hearing rumblings of some sort of... 'sewer kingdom' for a little while now. Never really had the chance to look into it, but it looks like what I've been hearing is true." Crosshair said to Prince Percy. He stopped a couple feet away from the Prince, keeping his hands in his pockets. "So how should I address you? Your majesty?"

comic

CL-9
Chase took her advice after the android's attack had seemingly been brushed effortlessly away. That was when it happened.
Two shots rang through the air, and she watched as Lilian was struck just outside the doorway, assaulted by the guards. At that moment, a subroutine kicked in, and CL-9 could feel all the personality and thoughts she'd gained suddenly become suppressed, replaced by a single desire;
Eliminate the threat.
With the blink of her eyes, a crimson glow appeared to overtake the android's plastic eyes as her face slackened, before remaining still.

She watched as Lilian held the distracted Kinzoku at gunpoint, but the situation was quickly mired pointless as the guy's halo ripped through the gun, barely missing Lilian's own fingers in the process. He barely noticed the android approaching in time, and just as he recalled his halo back to him, CL-9's robotic fingers closed around his throat and lifted him effortlessly into the air.
He tried to act quickly, making the ring of energy rip right into CL-9's face, but even that didn't seem to do anything outside of revealing the rather intimidating endoskeleton beneath her face, and she slammed the boy into the wall with incredible force.

Immediately dispatched. She let go of Kinzoku, who slumped to the ground, some blood trickling down the back of his skull. Her gaze rose to look at Lilian, before noticing a guard rising to his feet, slowly aiming his gun at Lilian. The android moved with cruel intent once again, moving in front of Lilian just as the gun fired, the bullet pinging off of CL-9's chest, before her fist slammed into the man's face with such force, his nose was crushed inside of his skull, and he dropped- dead.
"Into the gem, now." CL-9 commanded Lilian. "We're not safe here anymore."

@Shadow_Pup @The Dark Fairy

Yin Li
And so, Ansel continued, and the Police Chief became increasingly quiet, still saying nothing the entire time, and by the time Ansel asked for her thoughts, she had no idea where to begin. So she simply shook her head, not even looking at him, instead glancing out of her window and seeing what looked like a knee that quickly moved out of the way. Narrowing her eyes, she looked away, not alerting the Paragons to the presence of a potentially dangerous individual. She'd deal with it on her own, once both were gone.

Then once again, it was Sparkblade's turn to speak. And just as quickly as this little pow-wow had begun, it was ending, Ansel leaving first. Sparkblade seemed to take his time, the officer not facing him as she bit her lip, her stomach having twisted to its limits, now leaving her with just an empty pit, full of anxiety. That was when Sparkblade spoke again, and she turned her head to look at him, noticing the image of her and Zhang had been propped back up, the dust covering its front wiped away.
And he offered his condolences. Was it expected? Hardly. Nothing usually surprised the tough-as-nails Police Chief, but this genuinely had. He turned, and walked out of the room, softly shutting the door behind him. Yin Li was unsure why her legs were moving, or why her hand was twisting the knob, but she'd opened the door to see Sparkblade moving down the hall alongside Ansel, and even her lips moved before she realized it.
"Sparkblade." She called. The newly inducted Paragon turned to face her, Ansel stopping as well. It was at this moment where her body stopped acting for her, and she was left staring stupidly at the pair for a moment, before she bit her tongue, and forced out; "...thanks. And- uh... good luck." Before immediately closing the door and latching the lock shut, taking a deep breath.

No time to really mull over thoughts just yet, she still had one last unwelcome guest to deal with. Her knuckles suddenly rapped against her window, her voice soon following; "I know you're there, peeping tom. Lucky I wasn't changing or you'd already be in the morgue. Are you the kind of stalker I need to put in cuffs or the kind I need to kick the ass of? Don't worry, I can do both, too."

@BurbleBurble @OmnipotentOnion @The Dark Fairy

Foster, Mash
"She wins again." Damian stated, accepting a clipboard from Mash, who stood beside him, and marking down several things. "Can I have my kids back, now?" The instructor asked, appearing generally irritated- though that's how he always appeared, it would seem. Damian gave a simple nod in response, and Mash marched out into the room, some panels opening into vents to drain the slushy water out. Wordlessly, the Drill Sergeant marched past the heralds, and before anyone could say anything, Mash motioned to the exit for the Subjects. They obeyed, just as they always had, too tired to argue even if they wanted to. The girl cast a few glances back at Skade before a door shut behind them, and the entire scenario was finished.

"Exciting detour, I won't lie." Damian stated, joining the two heralds. "We spent a lot of time here, and Warren's going to want to see you soon, so I should show you to your personal quarters. We have word of another herald to recruit tomorrow. Chronosphere ability." He stated, flipping through his clipboard for a moment. "This way. Oh, and Skade, Subject 4649 seemed to take a particular interest in you. They say genes never replicate something previous, but... perhaps that's just a tall tale. She could be an unintentional daughter of yours, for all we know."

@OmnipotentOnion @BurbleBurble

February 3, 2016
Once again, Subject 1 was useful. A decade spent retraining her, rebuilding her, perfecting her back to what she was before. Before the incident had left her... well, quite dead. Yet just like last time, and the time before that, and the time before even that, she miraculously returned to life with no memory of herself before. A process that had started long before even Warren knew.
His eyes scanned the room where she slammed her fists into a punching bag, each impact her knuckles left seem to tear at the leather surrounding the bag. Her strikes were quick and precise as she went, her auburn hair shoulder-length, pulled back into a small ponytail as she continued to pummel the training instrument, each jab faster and stronger than the last, before with a sudden rip, the bag ripped in half, sand spilling all over the floor.
Subject 1 stood there for a moment, blinking sweat out of her blue eyes. The sand did little to mess with the floor, as it had already been littered with copious amounts of the rock grains. After a second, she barked out; "Next."
Immediately, two large men hefted in another punching bag, replacing the first with it, where Subject 1 immediately got to work on this new one.

"Fully operational, and ahead of schedule."
Warren didn't look at the researcher who was speaking as he stroked his thin beard for a moment. "I can see. Just in time, Subject 0 will be easily to manipulate. We can still get our end goal out of him, end her exercise, I'm going to brief her."
"Sir, that may not be a good idea. She's starting to retain memories of her last lives, and if she remembers what you did-"
"It won't matter." Warren waved his hand dismissively as he walked out of the room, and made his way down into the training room.

"Next."
Warren entered to find Subject 1 ripping through yet another punching bag, her skin glistening with sweat as she went to town on the instrument, and she dispatched it in seconds in comparison to the other bags. "Next." She called out again, but didn't receive another one, Warren holding a hand up to the men, halting them, before he strode past them toward Subject 1, who turned her gaze to look at Warren, placing a hand on her hips. "What kind of egghead are you?" She asked immediately.
"The kind who made sure you weren't lost to the abyss. I am Charles Warren, head of this division, and your boss."
"I answer to no one, so you can take your wrinkly nuts back to the closet you just crawled out of, grandpa." Subject 1 rolled her eyes, before looking past Warren. "I said next!"
The men still didn't move, which seemed to tick off Subject 1, who bared her teeth almost animalistic ally at Warren. "Did you hear me? Here, let me repeat it- Feck off."
Warren merely smiled at her, before he produced a small grey box in his hand- a remote, with one simple button on it. Calmly, he pressed said button down, and Subject 1's eyes widened in a mixture of pain and shock, before she collapsed to her knees, wincing. "Hurts, doesn't it?" Warren asked. "I've put a lot of money and time into you, Subject 1, and I-"
"Evelyn."
"...Pardon?"
"My name is Evelyn." Subject 1 turned her head up to glare at Warren, eyes of malice piercing into his own. He was silent for a moment, brow raised slightly. "So I've been told. Do you remember your last name? It was June. How about before that? It was Scarlet. And the time before that? Bella. Your names grow more abundant, but one remains constant, and it is the one I will refer to you as, is that understood, Subject 1?"

She glared at him for several moments, his gaze never breaking from hers, before she averted her eyes to the ground, slowly climbing to her feet. "Fine."
"So you are capable of obedience." Warren smirked. "You're going to need a better attitude with your next assignment. The target is unstable, incredibly dangerous, and a lost resource. He is impossible to recover, but we need DNA. Due to your unique abilities, and your additional infiltration and social training, you're the main candidate for the job. The target currently goes by the name 'Grayson Everest', a sophomore at Georgia State University. Twenty years of age, and a Super in hiding. You know what to do. Any questions?"
Subject 1 was silent for a moment, before pursing her lips. "Guess I really don't have much of a choice, do I?"
"No, not really. This useful little box may appear to have one button, but it has two functions. Initially, it's simply pain. The devices we've implanted throughout your body, ranging from your heart to your brain stem, all pump 10,000 volts of electricity into you, since you grew so resistant after your last death. I keep it active, however, and your resistance can only help you for so long."
"Right..." Subject 1 replied, her hands curled into tight balls, her knuckles white against her skin. "Just tell me when."
"Tomorrow. Prepare yourself accordingly, you will be given as much time as you need to extract the DNA."

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
17th May 700BC
Forsythe sobbed as he let the cold hand of his younger brother fall from his grasp. He had fallen ill not long ago along with Forsythe but Forsythe was much older than his teen brother and had overcome the illness. Now Forsythe was aching inside. He glanced up as Alexader came rushing in "Forsythe, I think we can save hi.." he stopped as he realised it was too late and rummage through the scrolls he had in his hands, "come on, come on, aha, we can bring him back if we summon Hades dear brother" he said before carrying the small body out into a larger room. The two of them set up the ritual and waited.

With a crack of thunder the room filled with smoke and Alexander began to convulse, his hair grey darker and his eyes and skin grew lighter as a strange energy surrounded him. "Ah yes this one's power to copy the powers of others makes him a marvelous vessel, now what is it that you desire" a loud gravelly voice said speaking through his brother. Forsythe bowed his head "please bring back our brother he is too young to die and we cannot bare to see our younger sibling be taken before we are" he said pleading with the king of the underworld. With a wide grin the voice came again "Oh but of course but you will pay a price that will reveal it self much later" and with a further crack Alexander and Forsythe collapsed, when they awoke they found their brother looking at them and they rejoiced.

They eventually found out about there powers after they kept bot dying and discovered that these powers were Hades' sick price as they were forced to watch their brother grow old and die. Alexander played a further price as having a god in his head fractured a part of his mind and soul leaving him damaged.

Forsythe
Forsythe was sat outside the Warren Industries building with a cup of coffee, they were finally gonna deal with Warren, this made him happy but Patriots words troubled him and made him think hard "is she really a distraction" he muttered to himself "what if Warren's done something to her and she is a spy for him or something" he continued to mutter to himself bashing his head in thought as he drank his drink.

Kinzoku
After being eventually discovered once the android and the magic girl had gone he was rushed to a lab where his status was examined and he was fixed up. Kin sat in a bed with bandages around his head and neck. He thought to himself about what he was doing, this dude kidnapped him and forced him to work, why did he care if a few people went against the old git.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian stared at the gun in her hand, sliced in half, listening to the claret of the metal in the floor, she knew that the men had been handled, by CL-9. She didn’t hear her friend at first, patting a, now blood soaked, shirt, her hand now covered in blood. She stared at her own hand. I couldn’t even even see that dumb thing coming towards me, who am I in this new world? She didn’t move as CL-9 shouted at her second time, though she vanished after a second, taking the other part of the gun, as it had fallen on her foot.

Kerco stood up, brushing off his shirt “The kind who’s waiting his turn to talk to the lady of the hour.” He leaned on the wall “If I had known you would have other visitors I’d have spent longer on dessert.” He looked further into her house “I’m the one who approached you the night of the bank robbery.” He looked around the alley “I don’t have much to say, though I wanted to ask you if could tell me anything on the paragons or Mr Warren?”

Prince Percy examined Crosshair, similarly to how a child inspects a new toy they receive. He had a whimsical grin on his face whilst he tilted his head left and right to get all the angles he could.

“Ohhoho! Formal ain’t we? Finally an upworlder with respect around here! You can me the big mamma jamma, The Trash Titan, the Garbage Giant, the King of the underworld! ooooor you can just call me Prince Percy like the most sensible lot does.”

Twirling his wand like a toy sword, he turned on a heel, waltzing toward a banner behind his throne made of glass bottles.

“So I hear pray tell that that tensions are rising up there, that’s why you are here? Hmm? Psht! Like that’s even a question! Of course it is! And the answer is yes, I accept your pledge of fealty toward me. I’m a benevolent king after all!”

He plopped on his throne, a smug smile on his face. The kid king slouched as he laid across the armrests.

“Don’t worry, benefits of course are included, we’re gonna need whoever we got for our plan to work.” He said, counting on his fingers. “Healthcare, food stuffs, candy, games, what more could you want? Generous isn’t it?! Anyway, I haven’t even gotten to where you’d be sleeping!”

He seemed to have gotten carried away, already treating it as if he had sworn himself to his cause. His posse looked on, cautious to see where this was going to go.

@Captain Cardboard

Crosshair fought to not smile at the unusual and rather arrogant antics of Prince Percy. It seemed rather arrogant and selfish, but in a way that only a kid could be. He followed Percy as the kid made their way towards their throne, still keeping their distance. Being on this kid's good side might not be the worst thing in the world. It would certainly help Crosshair get around the city with less detection, utilizing the sewer system. But when the kid brought up a plan, Crosshair's suspicions were back up again.

"Whoa, hold on ki-..." Crosshair paused, stopping himself from saying 'kid', and continued. "Hold on. What's this plan? Because I'd love to help, but like you said earlier tensions are rising on the uh... the surface. And I got people up there that are going to be relying on me. And I like my place to sleep just fine."

The prince laid chest first on the chair arms of his throne, his legs kicking up and down in a melancholy fashion, like a child that were laying on the floor.

“The plan? Wouldn’t you know? The plan to eliminate the chaff of course! Ya see here Mr.edge lord, I thought my kingdom was a mighty legend throughout the city...turns out it more like an urban myth. Like, that totally blows! Sooo I got to thinkin’, how could I put our kingdom on the map whilst also have people take us seriously? That’s when I got the peeeeerfect plan!”

That’s when he took out a drawing out from his pocket. It was crudely drawn with crayon so one could hardly even tell there was rhyme or reason to it at all.

“We’d take a fight to the upworlders, not all of them of course, but moooore specifically the ones that seem to be causing problems. So like the scum of the earth that’s not scummy enough to be literal trash. So we wipe them out, and then we are seen as saviors! Then everyone would loooove my kingdom! Not to mention all the lovely tributes we’d receive in the process! It’s absolutely stunning isn’t it?!”

Recognition and rewards. Two things that he seemed to be after with this plan. The cloaked warriors in the crowd seemed on board with this...almost a little to ready to press an attack.

comic

CL-9
The moment Lilian disappeared, the android was off at a sprint, not being held back by any limitations of stamina. She might have appeared quite beaten with bits of skin hanging off of her arm and face, half her head practically shaved bald, but her systems remained fully operational, and with Lilian now in safety for the time being (although injured, that would need to be dealt with sooner rather than later), her mind had returned to normal, the 'kill mode' state in which she'd been in deactivating, leaving her to realize that she'd done something she... wasn't supposed to do.

She'd taken a human life.
It scared her, more than anything else had since her 'birth', her creation, it was this one fact that would have made her blood run cold if she had any. It was one of the most fundamental laws of robotics, and she'd broken it without a second thought. Either that was the state she'd entered... or she'd deactivated all restrictions within her mind, including the laws of robotics.
She wasn't sure why Lilian had been so unresponsive at the end of that scene. Perhaps shocked at the android's ruthlessness? Maybe confused at how easily she'd been disarmed? Possibly registering the bullets she'd taken- that reminded CL-9 to hurry the pace, making it to an elevator.
Too slow. Out of the top of her wrist, a small cartridge lifted, and a thin beam of crimson light shot out of it. CL-9 cut a clean hole in the ceiling, immediately leaping through to the top, and crawling up to the next floor, where she tore the door open, and passed through. Freedom was so close...

But one last thing stood in her way. A tall figure, charcoal-black armor plating his body, which was dripping with a mysterious, inky ooze. Hopefully Lilian wouldn't mind getting jostled, because getting past this guy wasn't going to be easy.
But to her surprise, he bowed his head slowly to her, before stepping to the side. Her eyes widened, registering shock, before suspicions were aroused, and after a moment, she asked; "Why?"
He didn't answer, but he didn't move, simply staring at her with his head bowed, his posture clearing open, his arm gesturing down the hall. Subject 7 was letting her leave? Cautiously, she made her way past him. He didn't react, so she broke into a sprint, and disappeared around the corner.

And finally made her way outside. Still, this wasn't safe. She was a walking horror with her face all screwed up like this. She'd need to hide somewhere- anywhere. Just as long as Warren didn't find her.

Yin Li
"I don't remember you from the bank robbery, but I guess that just means you're 'The Forgotten', right? Tamper with my mind often?" She rolled her eyes, turning her back to Kerco and marching into her kitchen, yanking the fridge open and pulling out a simple bottle of water, before turning around to face Kerco again. "What's there to tell? You eavesdropped the whole time. You probably know more than me, considering the crowd you run with. Sorry, 'The Forgotten', dumb name, but your little trip here was pretty pointless and I already had my brooding hour interrupted. Get out before I punt you out, I'm done dealing with capes for the next three lifetimes." She took a deep gulp out of her water, before wrinkling her nose. "And don't say some shitty remark on your way out. I want silence. No mind wiping, too. Got it? Leave, and I'll try to forget you all on my own."

Her hand rested on her counter, where her pistol sat, safety off. It would appear she wasn't interesting in talking, or hearing, anything for the rest of the night.

@The Dark Fairy

Ansel

Ansel had briefly pondered what took Sparkblade an extra moment or so to join him out in the hallway, back at the shoddy apartments Yin Li called home. Then she had followed them out, thanking him! That was the first time he had heard her says thanks. She was definitely referring to Sparkblade, and not him. Were they having a moment? That was kind of funny, considering that she had been on his ass for a few years now. He hadn't even really talked to her at length, but he knew she sorta hated supers. Especially those who thought themselves above the law, which vigilantes were sort of the definition of?

Maybe not quite the same definition. Maybe she made an exception for Sparkblade this once. And...Crosshair too, he supposed. Ansel didn't pry, not at the moment. She seemed to understand the gravity of his request, and that's all he could ask for. So he just nodded and kept going.

And now, the room Ansel was in was not quite as shoddy as the apartment he, Sparkblade, and Yin Li had parleyed at. Quite the opposite- Walls were sleek, and he stood in front of a very good piece of technology, one of the best computers off the market. Not the best, Warren kept those for himself, but one of them.

Ansel was flitting a small, crumpled, post-it note in his hands when Sparkblade had walked in.

"Oh good, you're here. Let me just log in real quick..."

A few clicks in, Ansel had apparently logged in as "AdminWI_P4".

"Yep, one of the tech guys just left their password on a post-it here. I always forget my password, and I hate stuff being hidden from me, so I figured they don't mind me snooping around too much. Not sure what they could be hiding here though..."

He tapped on the desk for a moment, before searching the computer for something. "Sparkblade". It pulled up a few results- Unsurprisingly relegated to Sparkblade himself. It seemed that whoever updated the system was out of the loop, though- The files still only referred to him as a "potential recruit". Other than that, they didn't seem to have anything interesting. Blurry pictures, accurate speculations on his powers, noting his voice modulator...

"Well, nothing." Ansel said, clicking back on the search bar. "By the by, what were you doing in the apartment? You took a moment. And then Yin Li came out and thanked you? That is not normal Police Chief behavior. Then again, I don't know her very well. Didn't even know where she lived before tonight, really..."

He typed in a new term as he talked. "Ninja". Maybe Goopy and Raspy had files under that name, wasn't their first rodeo. It didn't pull many results, and somehow Sparkblade had ended up under the terms as well. He was pretty Ninja-ish, Ansel would admit. Everything else referred to ex-Paragons and years old recruitment dossiers for other ninja-themed supers.

Though one folder would stand out to the two- "Ninja Assassins". It was a file containing a number of blurry pictures of masked figures, a newspaper article from a disgraced super, and secondhand stories from those who witnessed the attacks. One moved liked liquid, the other like the wind, apparently.

They had found their ninjas.

-----
Skade, Subject 4649

She...She had won?

What she meant was, of course she had won.

Maybe she had panicked towards the end, but she had victory in her grasp the whole time.

The vicious boy had calmed, as they shared a handshake. "You better try," Was all she said. What more was there to say? If he couldn't get better, he wouldn't win next time. Same stood true for her. She looked towards the Heralds once more, as mean old Mash came to usher them back on their regularly scheduled day. Just as the Heralds were back on their scheduled tour.

Skade nodded at the girl, which was about the greatest thing she could do for the young subject. Acknowledgement. Foster pointed out this was not her first victory, which made Skade all the more cocky.

"Unsurprising. Though I did like your choice Ignizio. They both brought their own ferocity to the fight, sloppy as they may of gotten. All we can expect of children though. Perhaps one day...As for her connection to me, who knows. Fate is funny at times." Though she then seemed to take on a more dour mood. "And you've found Kronos...I'll be quite honest, even for my distaste for how stuck up Ignizio is, I know I enjoy his company more than the other two. Their abilities are unfit to direct combat. If anything, they'd just provide support to me and Ignizio in any sort of combat situation."

Though her mood had turned dour at another thought. Life had to be exterminated upon this planet. That much was certain. Yet she could not watch these two develop, learn. Perhaps a month, two at the most. She'd never ask Father to bend rules, definitely not. But there was a sadness in knowing those two would be cut down before their prime.

Ugh, what was she even doing, feeling pity for these lesser beings? She went back to being annoyed about having to deal with stuffy Kronos in the coming day...

Crosshair frowned as Prince Percy explained his plan. The vigilante thought for a moment, looking around to Percy's subjects that were in the room. It was a simple plan, one to be expected when coming from a child. Way too simple, one in which its assumptions would cause a lot of trouble down the line. But how best to explain it?
"My apologies, Prince. But if that's all there is to your plan, I'm not sure I have the most faith in its success." Crosshair said. "A few things. For one, people on the surface aren't a big fan when others take the law into their own hands. At least, people in power. I know, since I'm one of those people that takes the law into their own hands. There's a reason I have to sneak around. So this plan of yours might end up incurring the wrath of the people in power on the surface."

"Another thing, is that to the people living aboveground, this is city property. So any attempt to start your own kingdom down here, once they learn about it, is going to be met with resistance. Its likely that they won't recognize you, and attempt to kick you out through coercion or force, or more likely both." Crosshair continued. He kept an eye on the crowd, attempting to gauge their reaction to what he was saying as well as Prince Percy's.

"And number three. How are you going to decide who to target with your... eh, attacks? Scummy people? There's a lot of people up there that are scummy, but still living perfectly legal lives. By what standards are you going to judge people to be your targets? And wipe them out? You mean, kill them? I don't know if I can get behind that." Crosshair said. He gestured to himself and his weapons. "I know I may not look like it, but I do try my best not to kill the people I go after. I try to bring people to justice, not execute them."

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kerco raised a brow “I’ve heard that term, though rarely to my face, I prefer Aroto.” He looked down at the gun, a smirk “and there’s not need for that, if you have nothing Ill be on my way.” He stood up properly, making one last statement as he started down the steps “And sorry, but there is protocol, as you would understand.” Wiping her memory of his appearance, though leaving the rest of the encounter fine in her mind.

“Well isn’t that cute! They have superheroes and villains every day, and they would have the gall to say *I* take the law into my own hands? Pssssht! As if! Everything will be peachy keen!”

He caught the head of his scepter with the palm of his hand, adjusting his place on the chair to lean more toward his new initiate.

“I run a kingdom! They wouldn’t be able to snuff us out even if they tried! Besides! If the people love me, what can they do? Ha! What’s the point of it all if I have to be secretive about it? That’s no fun!”

He leaped out of his chair, circling around Crosshair whilst he twirled his scepter about. The crowd of his homeless acolytes were at the ready in case this entire thing went sour with the vigilante that was dangerously close to the royal.

“I will purge all the undesirables and take all their stuff. You know, criminals, enemies of the people, those who stand in my way, the unforgivable stuff. So what if I kill off the losers? What? You don’t honestly expect me to turn them in do you?”

He burst into a giggling fit, using his scepter as a cane to keep him standing. Wiping a tear from his eye, the elated child continued.

“I ain’t no Paragon hun, the justice system is too complicated and just...blehhh. I find it much better to be judge, jury, and executioner! After all, who better to do all those things other that yours truly? Heck, the Paragons might be out of a job! Can you imagine the look on that gargoyle Patriot’s face when he’s replaced by literal trash! Ohohoho! It’ll be priceless!!”

@Captain Cardboard

Crosshair narrowed his eyes before shaking his head and sighing. This kid was sliding from immature and naive to straight insane.
"Yeah." Crosshair said when Percy made the comment on 'turning them in'. He knew it was a rhetorical question, but her didn't care. "I believe what you meant was you find it easier to be judge, jury, and executioner. And that might work down here where you're the one in command, but up there... That's not your kingdom, and you're not the one making the rules. It's not going to be that easy for you to win over the people."

"Sorry kid. This talk of purging the undesirables and killing off the losers isn't exactly winning me over." Crosshair said. The kid was starting to get on his nerves with talk like that. "And I don't think talk like that is going to win over anyone on the surface either. Except maybe those supervillains you mentioned before. Maybe some people might greet you with open arms. I think more are going to see you as a threat and a problem, rather than respect you as a kingdom."

With that, Crosshair turned and began to walk away from Prince Percy.
"See you around, Prince. If you change your strategy, feel free to let me know. Til then..." Crosshair glanced back to the Prince. "I suppose I'll be paying you tax for the use of the Prince's highways."

“Oh don’t be such a drama queen, just because your too prissy to actually follow through with the killing part doesn’t make me a monster.” Percy pointed his scepter at his guest. “Ya know, I’m starting to think your getting jealous of me, cause you think it’ll actually work!”

Scud looked down at the happenings below, winding up something as he began to see where the tides of this conversation were going. By the looks of it, the crowd did as well, many of them actually bringing out their weapons to the ready.

“Psht! For a grizzled merc lookin’ guy, you sure act like a pus. What’s with all this Batman stuff? Unless your telling me every soldier is evil cause they sign up to kill. Bleh! What a disappointment.”

He held his right palm up, as if pretending to be a stop sign. The people down below were watching this hand very carefully as this hand had a secret meaning of some kind....

@Captain Cardboard

"Not all crimes deserve the punishment of death, Prince. Not to mention, not all that stand in your way are going to be criminals either. But it sounded like that didn't exactly matter to you." Crosshair said, still walking towards the exit. Even without looking back, he could feel the tension in the room rising. The shift of clothing of the vandals, the clicks and clinks as weapons were prepared... As he approached the exit, he noticed a broken mirror among the trash. One who's shards were placed that he was able to see quite a bit that was happening behind him. He was really hoping that he wasn't going to have to fight, but it looked like that might not be the case. Crosshair gripped something in his pocket, still making his way towards the exit.

Crosshair paused before looking back to Prince Percy and his group once more.
"If you start killing people... I'm going to end up standing against you, Prince." Crosshair said. "I'm sorry, but that's going to be what ends up happening."
It was a stupid move. Just stating to someone like this crazy kid that you'd end up becoming their enemy. But he was still a kid. This wasn't a move born out of overconfidence or underestimating the prince... This was one born from pity for the poor kid.

He did it. Crosshair declared a declaration of war if he decided to enact his plan. Instead of infuriated or stressed, the child king seemed rather...bemused? He put a hand to his mouth, a cat like expression overtaking his face.

“Tee Hee.”

He let the held hand fall. As soon as he did so, the army sprung into action. A swarm of cloaked vandals sprinted toward them with his weapons. Stones were thrown, bottles were chucked, and some even had a bullet or two to add to this spicy situation.

Percy hummed as if music were playing, swirling his scepter in the air. The sewage in the stream running down the middle of the sewer began to churn and swirl. It’s like Percy himself was going to have fun chasing him out of dodge...or eliminating him.

@Captain Cardboard

The moment Percy dropped his arm, Crosshair jumped into action. It didn't take a military genius to tell that it was a signal of some sort. The vigilante dropped the thing that was in his pocket, sprinting towards the exit. Clattering to the ground, a flashbang grenade with its pin removed laid where the vigilante once stood. Only one or two projectiles had been thrown before the grenade went off with a blinding flash and a deafening boom. The few projectiles that had been thrown at Crosshair flew wide, missing the vigilante as he sprinted down the sewers. Looks like he wasn't staying at his main hideout tonight...

The flash bang rang close to the crowd that was on his heels, throwing them into disarray pretty quickly. The riskiest grasped their ears and held their heads, too disoriented to keep up with him. However...one person was too far away for it to mean much.

“Let’s see you out with a nasty retribution shall we?”

The bubbling from the sewer water came to a head as it erupted. A large blob like beast crawled out of the wastes, appearing similar to both a slug and a bullfrog. It’s entire body was muddy and murky, smelling something awful. It’s waste ridden flesh bubbled and broiled as the putrid oozes trickled down every portion of it.

“Hehehehe! No one gets the best of me!”

Percy jumped up and down, giddy at the thought of his first kill of many to come. The Bullslug made of waste slithered in the path of the exit, shooting a green ooze from it’s mouth to hose down Crosshair

@Captain Cardboard

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Necrodytis’s claws narrowly missed Hitori, getting closer with each slash. Each attempted parry on her part was a total failure, and she subconsciously cursed her lacking skill in hand-to-hand combat. I need to figure something out fast, get out of here, and convince this lunatic that we don’t want to fight. “He’s right, you know,” she panted, becoming desperate. She was tiring quickly. If she got out of the situation alive, she vowed to train herself in the art of combat. The next slash cut a few strands of her hair in half. “We had no intention of setting you up, really! It’s all a big misunderstanding...” She perched atop the building she’d ended up on top of while dodging Necrodytis’s attacks, hoping for a response more positive than was likely to happen.

(OOC: lol I’m sleep deprived and exhausted, don’t judge me shoddy post XD)

Shuzo

Having assumed Ansel would have been well on his way once he had left, Shuzo was surprised to see the fellow Paragon waiting out in the hallway when he finally exited the chief's residence. It didn't really help when he saw Ansel's reaction to Yin Li suddenly following Shuzo outside and thanking him. Though he was just as confused as Ansel likely was, Shuzo met the chief's eyes and nodded once before turning once again and making his way back to the ground. The two Paragons then parted ways at an intersection a few minutes later, and Shuzo returned to his own home to make a quick stop before meeting Ansel back at the tower.

The short time of peace and quiet as he walked to and from his home allowed Shuzo some much-needed time to consider the situation from earlier. His points had been made, Yin Li seemed to understand what was going to happen tomorrow; that was good. But there was a moment from both sides that thoroughly confused Shuzo, especially his own action. Sure, he felt sympathy for the chief, who the Paragon had just discovered was a widow since.... a few hours ago. Sure, he'd lost people of his own, and it hurt more than words could describe, pretty much every single day. But for some reason, his offered condolences held a tone almost foreign to Shuzo: warmth. It wasn't a warmth of particular friendliness, a warmth that attempted to somehow influence his 'relationship' with the chief in a way the hero couldn't bear to even consider. But nonetheless, his eyes bore a certain, understanding warmth as he verbally expressed his sympathy toward Yin Li, and any further rumination on his acceptance of it bore a threat to any of his remaining peace and calm. With a visible shake of his head, Shuzo forcibly cleared his mind before continuing on his way to Paragon Tower, an athletic bag slung over his shoulder.

- - -

A few minutes later, Shuzo arrived at the tower, and he and Ansel promptly got to work, sifting through files in the Paragon databases to gain any intel on the newly inducted Paragons or the ninjas from earlier. However, as they searched, Ansel suddenly popped in with a question Shuzo hadn't wanted to hear.

"What were you doing in the apartment.... Yin Li.... thanked you?"

"
Wasn't like that," Shuzo replied with a derisive snort as he watched Ansel continue to scroll. "Just didn't know she was a widow until earlier today, is all." Determined to leave it at that and prevent any further thought on the already conflicting topic, he kept his focus on the files that had now been pulled up, providing information on the two ninjas made of sludge and wind. His eyes narrowed as they landed on a newspaper article by a particular powered individual, though they eventually skimmed across other sources a few seconds later.

"
Is there anything that could give us a hint on how to subdue them? Some sort of weakness?"

★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★

Ignizio

Ignizio's demeanor remained as stoic as ever, watching silently as the child with blue flames trudged alongside his opponent out of the room. He shrugged upon hearing Skade's reassurance, allowing nothing more than a scoff as he instantly caught the Herald's smug satisfaction within her otherwise well meaning words.

"He has potential, as does your own. I suppose some of Warren's toys do have a bit of use. As for Kronos, he likely won't be too opposed to joining in on the fun; he's always been the free-flowing kind. I do, however, share a bit of Skade's opinion; he only acts as support, a direct contrast to our more 'up front' approach. When do we depart?"

comic

Yin Li
And he was gone.
And she couldn't remember his face.
And he'd said a shitty remark on his way out.
Son of a bitch. The CoP shook her head with the roll of her eyes, flipping a strand of ebony-colored hair out of her eyes and setting the water bottle down, shutting the window after 'Aroto's departure (Still a dumb name, she muttered under her breath to herself), and leaned against the wall.

This was not going to be easy. She may have had full jurisdiction over law enforcement oversights within NYC, but she still answered to the mayor, as well as the city officials. She knew all of them were in Warren's pocket, nobody needed to be a detective to figure that out. The way they constantly gave him free passes when something awful happened, or people died in some freak accident that directly tied to the near-trillionaire. No, they'd be useless, might even try to stop her if Warren gave them a tip-off. Closing off a street was one thing, but evacuating an entire district? She'd be putting countless men on the line for such a thing, it'd be complete chaos and even then, there'd be those who'd refuse to leave.
There'd still be casualties no matter how smoothly the operation ran. If her bosses tried to stop her, she'd ignore them. But she'd lose her job in the process. Unless... of course... Warren was killed. Patriot was leading almost all of the Paragons in a duel against this 'Larua' character, leaving Sparkblade to do all the heavy lifting at Warren Industries.

And then there she was again. Sparkblade. Never seen his face, never seen his eyes, didn't even know his real name. What was their relationship again? Oh, right. Business. She was the cop trying to catch the vigilante, but now said vigilante was off-limits. Paragons operated outside of the law, as much as she hated to admit it. She could try to enforce it on them all she liked but at the end of the day it was Patriot setting the rules. Not her. Not Warren. Not the mayor. Not the government. Not even the goddamned president. The game of cat and mouse was... technically over now. His visit to her with Ansel had proven as much. She couldn't touch him, so their relationship had... evolved. No longer was it a game of deadly tag, but now it was... professional. To be honest, she'd never been approached by a Super with a warning of a coming event. She and the NYPD were always left to clean up the trail of destruction they left. To uncover the bodies in the wreckage.
To call the families of the deceased.
It wasn't a fun job, by any means- but what Super would stoop to do it? Yin Li shook her head, letting out the longest, loudest, and most exasperated sigh she could muster. All capes were a bad thing. No exceptions. That's what she told herself every single day since the incident. But Sparkblade had offered her something not even her colleagues had. Condolences. Empathy. It's not that she ever expected it from anybody, she'd always been a hard-ass, the whole NYPD pissed their pants every time she entered a room, but Sparkblade had stooped to her level. He'd revealed a similarity between the two that didn't settle well with the CoP.

Her eyes landed on the cat that was now weaving between her legs, mewling up at her. Hadn't even named the little beast yet, who so often hated people. It only liked Yin Li because she fed the mangy little thing, and it had taken days for it to warm up to the chief. Yet stupid Sparkblade had attracted the cat so easily.
Asshole.
At least he didn't take it with him.

Yin Li plopped down onto her couch, closing her eyes, a scowl set on her face. No time left to brood or ponder or plan. Tomorrow was going to be extremely busy, and she'd need to catch as many winks as she could, and dream of Warren's rotting tombstone, sitting right next to Patriot's.

Damian Foster
The heralds followed the mortal man out of the training room, going back down the boring, repetitive hallways. They wanted to know when they'd go, and the scientist could only shrug. "Uh, well... that's really up to Mr. Warren. Probably first thing tomorrow morning, I assume. You know... when we recruited you, Skade, Ignizio didn't seem to know you. But that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. And now you've given a name to the Chronosphere- 'Kronos'. Beings as old and powerful as you two, I'm sure you have plenty of secrets." Damnian glanced back at them, his face lighting up with a grin, glasses gleaming from the overhead lights. "I know how to keep my lips shut, if you don't care about spilling a few."

Eradication.
Obliteration.
Annihilation.

What more to describe the shattered plains of splintered earth, dried oceans, and bubbling magma? Life as it was known, had been extinguished. Snuffed out in its entirety. Three individuals stood together, watching as a fourth hovered in the air above them, a fifth figure clutched in the hands of the fourth, held up by the throat.
These figures appeared humanoid, save for their backward knees, extended limbs, hands with four fingers, and blue-tinted skin. A similarly-colored star shone faintly down upon them through the thick black smoke that clung to the sky like a swarm of angry bees, emerald lightning cracking through the sky relentlessly, filling their ears with rumbling booms.

The fourth figure was slowly lowering to the ground, its grip tightening on the throat of the fifth, before a crunch filled the air, and the body slumped, before its lifeless form was hurled callously into a geyser of magma just as it shot into the air.
"Quite the struggle." The first figure commented, a feminine tone lacing her words. The fourth merely scoffed at her. "Soon the whole world will be like this. Once Father arrives, our task will be complete."
"Not mourning your son, are you Callus?" The second figure chimed in. The fourth, Callus, turned his gaze from them to stare at the pool of hot lava in which he'd tossed the being he'd just murdered. "No." He said after a moment. "Just in awe at the power he possessed. How was I to know he could throw a moon at me?"
"Rasif was the last line of defense." The first figure stated. "The rest is up to Father, now."

Almost as if on que, a rumble filled the sky. Not like that of the lightning that still spider-webbed through the void-black sky, this one was like an impossibly loud instrument had filled the heavens, almost like the ominous blaring of trumpets that signified the arrival. His arrival.
Slowly, the clouds began to move, twisting and conforming around a massive figure that descended from the sky. The Heralds watched silently as their Father came to a stop on the shattered earth beneath him. His form towered over them all- if 'form' was the correct term. His body seemed to be a swirling mass of clouds, mixed with interstellar shapes. Stars, galaxies, planets, all swirling within his infinite form. His eyes were illuminated by a white light, that cast down upon his children. The charcoal clouds that swirled about his form seemed to drift off like black vapor as a deathly silence befell the universe.

He did not speak.
The Heralds all dropped to their knees, bowing their heads. "Their defenses are shattered, Father." Callus informed. "Their last protector is gone. The world is ready for your blessing."
Still, the Father did not speak as he gazed down upon them. Seconds seemed to melt into hours as the silence around them grew deafening. Finally, however, he did speak. His voice sounded like a collection of millions of people speaking at once, his voice sounding as though it were coming from all directions, each syllable booming within their minds, each word shaking them to their very core, a thousand underlying languages whispering behind each letter.

"ɎØɄⱤ ₩ØⱤ₭. ł₴ ĐØ₦Ɇ."

It was impossible to comprehend, yet at the same time, so simple to understand.

"₮ⱧⱤØɄ₲Ⱨ ₮Ɽł₳Ⱡ₴ ₳₦Đ ₮Ɽł฿ɄⱠ₳₮łØ₦, ɎØɄ Ⱨ₳VɆ Ɇ₳Ɽ₦ɆĐ ɎØɄⱤ ₴₳ⱠV₳₮łØ₦. ₩ł₮Ⱨ ₥Ɏ ⱠØVɆ ₳₦Đ ₥Ɏ ฿ⱠɆ₴₴ł₦₲, ɎØɄ ₳ⱤɆ ₣ⱤɆɆ ₣ⱤØ₥ ɎØɄⱤ ₴₮₳₮łØ₦."

A swirling, vortex of an arm rose, what must have been his hand resting on the head of the first Herald, who closed her eyes. After a mere second of silence, her entire body shone blindingly bright, before it vanished, taking her with it. This process continued, as the second and the third Heralds were sent to the home they'd been promised for thousands of years.
But he stopped when he came to Callus, his piercing gaze ripping through Callus, boring into him like the fury of a thousand sons.

"ɎØɄ ₥ØɄⱤ₦."

"Father." Callus began. "I have given up the life I'd created here for the blessings you have promised."

"ɎɆ₮ ɎØɄ Đ₩ɆⱠⱠ Ø₦ ₩Ⱨ₳₮ ł₴ ₲Ø₦Ɇ. ɎØɄ ɎɆ₳Ɽ₦ ₣ØⱤ ɎØɄⱤ ₥ØⱤ₮₳Ⱡ ₴₱₳₩₦."

"I do, Father." Callus' gaze rose to meet the being of infinity, but he immediately regreted this. While physically, the Father hadn't altered or changed, the aura radiating off of him and thick, heavy waves was enough to make Callus' stomach churn, and his blood began to boil under his skin.

"ɎØɄⱤ ⱧɆ₳Ɽ₮ ₳₦Đ ₴ØɄⱠ, ₥ØⱤɆĐ ł₦ ₱₳₴₮, ₮ⱧɆ ₣Ʉ₮ɄⱤɆ ł₴ ₦Ø₮ ɎØɄⱤ₴. ฿Ɇ₮Ɽ₳Ɏ₳Ⱡ Ø₣ ₥Ɏ ฿ⱠØØĐ, ₲₳₮Ɇ₩₳Ɏ₴ ₮Ø ₱Ɇ₳₵Ɇ, ł ₵ⱠØ₴Ɇ ₮ⱧɆ ĐØØⱤ₴."

Callus was gone before he even knew it. His body ripped into oblivion, his very being scattered across the cosmos into eternity, his memory ripped from time. Callus was gone, erased from existence, leaving the Father to stand alone on the war-stricken plains of a world on its last leg. With the Heralds gone, the Father rose into the air, passing through the thick layer of ashen skies once again, rising up through the atmosphere, and only stopped when he could see the planet in full. Red scars illuminated its surface from the battles the Heralds had hosted here. While it was a tragedy that not all four could pass on, three had still made it.
Their journey was complete, and now, so was this planet's.

Raising a single arm, his limb seemed to extend, growing in girth and length and substance, branching into a massive storm of dark energy that very quickly began to wrap its way around the planet, smothering it like an ocean of darkness. Once the last bit of earth had been consumed, the wispy substance suddenly hardened, constricting around the planet, a long process that had taken several of the planet's cycles to perform.
Without a sound to accompany the grand event, the now blackened planet was crushed, ever so slowly, its form grinded down. Smaller and smaller it went, and by the time the planet had made a full revolution around its star, it was hardly the size of a dust particle, the planet being added to the collection of interstellar objects within the Father's body.

The deed was done.
But his work never was. With the planet gone, his form returned to normal, and his gaze moved upon the cosmos, where he drifted off into, a silent message being sent through time and space.
Simple, yet chilling to any who heard it.

"ł. ₳₥. ₦Ɇ₳Ɽ."

@OmnipotentOnion @BurbleBurble @The Dark Fairy @ThePlayfulFox

His ears ringing from the flashbang, Crosshair could see through the reflection of the broken mirror some... thing, emerging from the sewer water. It certainly wasn't any animal that Crosshair had seen before. Something of the kid's doing? Jumping through the hole of the room he had arrived through, Crosshair dove to the side as the green ooze the bullslug had launched splattered against the wall. Even from this distance it smelled putrid, and Crosshair did not want to even think about what would happen if he was hit with it.

The vigilante rolled out of his dive and sprung back to his feet, not stopping as he continued to sprint through the sewer tunnel and away from Percy and his gang. He had to get the heck out of here. It was likely that this kid was someone able to see him through these tunnels, some sort of ESP? Able to manipulate the pipes so close to where he was. Yet if it was pure psychic power, why didn't he just try to use it directly on Crosshair?

No time to think about that. Crosshair reached a ladder underneath a manhole, and began climbing for the surface.