• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Paragons - Act I Discussion

Not necessarily. Only if your characters are Gen Z. Or have direct ties to Patriot like Subject 3, 7, and Patriot.
Last I checked, we had more immortal ancient characters than we did Gen Z.
Provided that it's explicitly the 2030s and most of our characters average the gamut from teens to late thirties, leaving out the five or so immortals, a good chunk of our cast is indeed caught in this "experiment ratio". I tried to make my characters align with the superpower presence spike which I believed you said was about seven years prior, but it's clear there were outliers before that point (Other wise Charles would've never got the chance to make the powers spike) that would explain some of the more, elder, supers.

For example, Yin Li was born in 2001, since she is 32 and it is the year 2033. She's Gen Z, and it only Z-er from there!

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Provided that it's explicitly the 2030s and most of our characters average the gamut from teens to late thirties, leaving out the five or so immortals, a good chunk of our cast is indeed caught in this "experiment ratio". I tried to make my characters align with the superpower presence spike which I believed you said was about seven years prior, but it's clear there were outliers before that point (Other wise Charles would've never got the chance to make the powers spike) that would explain some of the more, elder, supers.

For example, Yin Li was born in 2001, since she is 32 and it is the year 2033. She's Gen Z, and it only Z-er from there!
Did I say Gen Z? I meant Generation Alpha.
...or whatever the hell comes next. somebody wanna come up with a new gen name?

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
I mean, there isn't really much a counterpart for Ryg..
I guess.. the closest you can get to his counterpart is like.. a Xenomorph or something? Which doesn't stand a chance against Ryg at ALL.

..heck, I'd say even something like a Xenomorph Queen wouldn't stand a chance against him.

comic

Can't think of any parallels to Loufe/O.S.
Or Percival.
But Massi versus venom is an easy win for Massi. Why?
Massi:
SCREEEEEEECH!!!!
Loufe/O.S. is comparable to Werewolf characters.
i'll admit, i don't even remember Percival, mainly considering i have yet to interact with him.
Massi hasn't shown to be able to take the kinda hits Venom can dish out in terms of comics, so i dunno about it being an easy win.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Loufe/O.S. is comparable to Werewolf characters.
i'll admit, i don't even remember Percival, mainly considering i have yet to interact with him.
Massi hasn't shown to be able to take the kinda hits Venom can dish out in terms of comics, so i dunno about it being an easy win.
Eh, but Loufe/O.S carries the advantage of technically having two powers at once. Can't think of any werewolves like that, although that's mostly just my ignorance.
I haven't found any chance to yeet Percival in an interaction yet. Maybe I'll save him for later.
That was mostly a joke. I'm still deciding what Massi can do-slash-can handle-slash-basically everything

Scavenger Celice vs Silver Scythe Celice.

I mean, who better to pit yourself against than you?

I dunno about Ansel and Necrodytis. The closest I can get to Ansel's waterbending is someone like Katara (Spoiler: She wins because Ansel can never win) and Necrodytis isn't quite like any other character I've seen to really pair her up against. Besides, she's pretty weak without her armor considering she houses a parasite that makes her look like a ghoul lol

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
I guess seperately...I still can't think of anything for Loufe.
But I guess I can think of Sabrewulf and/or Jon Tailban, who I only known via Death Battle. O.S would probably win against Sabrewulf, although Jon I'm kinda unsure.

I think there's gonna be a weird chain of events coming up.

- Celice is heading towards the Trash King, where Infinity is right now. Assuming he somehow remains in the captivity of Percy, that means Celice and Lady will run into a Paragon who actually talks to Patriot on a fairly consistent basis. And then whatever the hell is in that inevitable vision, and whether or not Celice is accidentally leading in a total bomb or something. Since Warren has been watching a lot of people, then again Celice and Percy I'd say are...low key.

- Patriot getting involved in the Massi scene. This whole thing is weird, since it's technically two fights that got turned into one. So now Patriot is getting involved with a fight after he made some negotiations with Larua. And then there's the fact Sam, Lumen, and Angel are probably coming in too. We're about to get a whole lotta honorary Paragons lol

- The Hitori/Loufe/Necrodytis plot. Honestly just want to get this thing moving because I'm terribly impatient lmao, pretty sure your up @=Nightshade=

comic

I think there's gonna be a weird chain of events coming up.

- Celice is heading towards the Trash King, where Infinity is right now. Assuming he somehow remains in the captivity of Percy, that means Celice and Lady will run into a Paragon who actually talks to Patriot on a fairly consistent basis. And then whatever the hell is in that inevitable vision, and whether or not Celice is accidentally leading in a total bomb or something. Since Warren has been watching a lot of people, then again Celice and Percy I'd say are...low key.

- Patriot getting involved in the Massi scene. This whole thing is weird, since it's technically two fights that got turned into one. So now Patriot is getting involved with a fight after he made some negotiations with Larua. And then there's the fact Sam, Lumen, and Angel are probably coming in too. We're about to get a whole lotta honorary Paragons lol

- The Hitori/Loufe/Necrodytis plot. Honestly just want to get this thing moving because I'm terribly impatient lmao, pretty sure your up @=Nightshade=
Yeah, while Warren would have files on characters like Percy and Celice, being aware of their existence, he wouldn't really monitor them at all, as he'd consider them low level threats to his plans and put his attention elsewhere.
Warren is unaware of Lady, however. Well, at least of her current status. He knows who she was before, though.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
*sheepish laughing intensifies*

Lol I know, I’m sorry, I’ve been meaning to reply for a while, but school’s a bitch right now. Just went from online to in-person after being absent for a week, bombed two tests in the same subject, S T R E S S C E N T R A L, etc.

I’ll get a post up tonight, if not then tomorrow. Sorry again :'|

comic

Zephyr = Airbender
Deluge = Waterbender
Cretecon = Earthbender
Ignizio = Firebender

i know Cretecon hasn't been officially introduced yet, but believe me, he'll make his presence known soon. either through Patriot flashbacks or in-person.
also... is Ignizio our only pyro character? i can't seem to recall anybody else with fire powers.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Y'know, I think I'm gonna retcon Celice's home country to Georgia, Abkhazia, or another Russia adjacent country. These guys have always been a bit contested between Russia and their independency. The Czech Republic is waaaay too far West and is too stable to have ever fallen in 7 years by some Russian blitzkrieg strategy. Even then, that'd be enough of an action to move from "hey guys nooo don't take those countries independence" to "This is actual war." And as mentioned, it's too stable to have already had internal issues.

This doesn't actually affect the plot too much. Skade still gets discovered after some Russian militants walk through spooky cold valley in Siberia which is about the most this thread has had on it. This is moreso for my pedantic head to stop worrying about the potential nonsense geopolitics in a fictional 2030s Europe...in an RP centered almost entirely within New York City :p

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
These are two smaller characters (both literally and figuratively) that I thought of. Would it be to late to add them in.

Alias: N/A
Age/Gender: Male (he was trapped in ash and dirt preserved since the dinosaurs so very old)
Race: Miniature Tyrannasaurus Rex
Alignment: Neutral
Personality: Rex is very smart and cunning, he can be blunt at times. He is also however kind and caring towards his friends and rude towards his enemies. He has a fear of fire after events in his past.
Flaws: Small arms means he is usually unable to create anything he designs and can limit his capabilities.
Powers: Genius Level Intellect
Backstory: Rex was a relatively unknown rare species of T--Rex that was miniature in size, about as high as the average persons waist, he was preserved by what wiped out the dinosaurs and remained that way till he was awoken by Symbiote. The two bonded for a while and were captured by Warren and have been ar his lan for 20 years.

Alias: Symbiote
Age/Gender: Male / 250
Race: Klyntar
Personality: Loyal and immature, he likes jokes and has a tendency to get himself in trouble. He is very loyal to Rex but has a fear of abandonment and fire.
Flaws: Is weak to loud sounds and fire and isnt able to function well without a host.
Powers: Bonding and shape shifting.
Backstory: Damascus crashed on the planet after fleeing his own, he stumbled across the preserved form of Rex and bonded with him to assist in bringing him back. He was eventually caught by Warren.

comic

These are two smaller characters (both literally and figuratively) that I thought of. Would it be to late to add them in.

Alias: N/A
Age/Gender: Male (he was trapped in ash and dirt preserved since the dinosaurs so very old)
Race: Miniature Tyrannasaurus Rex
Personality: Rex is very smart and cunning, he can be blunt at times. He is also however kind and caring towards his friends and rude towards his enemies. He has a fear of fire after events in his past.
Flaws: Small arms means he is usually unable to create anything he designs and can limit his capabilities.
Powers: Genius Level Intellect
Backstory: Rex was a relatively unknown rare species of T--Rex that was miniature in size, about as high as the average persons waist, he was preserved by what wiped out the dinosaurs and remained that way till he was awoken by Symbiote. The two bonded for a while and were captured by Warren and have been ar his lan for 20 years.

Alias: Symbiote
Age/Gender: Male / 250
Race: Klyntar
Personality: Loyal and immature, he likes jokes and has a tendency to get himself in trouble. He is very loyal to Rex but has a fear of abandonment and fire.
Flaws: Is weak to loud sounds and fire and isnt able to function well without a host.
Powers: Bonding and shape shifting.
Backstory: Damascus crashed on the planet after fleeing his own, he stumbled across the preserved form of Rex and bonded with him to assist in bringing him back. He was eventually caught by Warren.
Okay, so...
Having thought about and talked to others about it...
I'm gonna have to say 'no'.
I mean, I promote creativity, and this is definitely... out of the box, but there's quite a few issues with this that I will detail.

1) It's literally just a smaller version of the Venom T-Rex from Old Man Logan.
2) We already have enough symbiote with Venom-like qualities. Your Symbiote, as far as I can tell, is an unironic Venom clone in full.
3) Those that I've talked to have expressed that this is a little TOO weird for them.
4) Symbiote is denied in full. Enough symbiote are in this roleplay already. But as for your dinosaur? If you take away the talking ability I may consider it, especially considering you want it placed under Warren's supervision. DC and Marvel have their own secret islands with living Dinos, so why can't we?

Sorry if I took things a little too far with Necrodytis there- I just assumed Kerco's next action would be "Cool k thx" and walking away which isn't a huge building point. But also Kerco can come back for an...interesting reaction from Necrodytis. Then again, he's also SCP-055 as a person so he may not be super important to this current interaction.

Also not sure what Celice's reaction to seeing Infinity would be in this situation. It's either conking him out to give Percy a hand or somehow roping him into this conspiracy. Which would be...interesting. There's gonna be a lot of sides in play here.

Last edited:
Two things, one, looking back, Kerco has not left the alley, so he’s still there watching this.

Two, should I make the fourth Herald?
I don't think a fourth Herald is really necessitated at the moment since Kronos hasn't even shown up yet. I also think the general theme with them is that a different player controls each one, but we can talk about it in more detail I'm sure. I'm not the end-all for plot.

comic

Two things, one, looking back, Kerco has not left the alley, so he’s still there watching this.

Two, should I make the fourth Herald?
what Burble said. since Patriot is slightly tougher than a single Herald, he counts as my 'Herald' slot, meaning i cannot have one of my own. Burble, you, and Onion have a Herald each, making that slot filled. any other Heralds would need to be used by other roleplayers.
gotta keep this somewhat balanced, after all.