• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation: Fractured Skies (Discussion Thread)

We here!
Name: Alexander (Alex) Leffen

Physical Features:
Alex is 5'11 and comes in at around 70 kg. He has distinctly piercing light blue eyes and a pale complexion, and has a fairly standard build, though slightly on the thinner side. His hair is light brown and fairly long, reaching down to just under his eyes.

Appearance: Alex tends to dress casually, choosing comfort and freedom of movement over appearance. He normally wears a plain t-shirt and tracksuit trousers, as well as a hoodie if he deems it necessary. A similar lack of care is put into his hair, giving it a tousled look to it at all times

Personality: Alex tends to keep a fairly relaxed attitude to most things. He strongly dislikes authority and being told what to do, though he generally doesn't have a problem as long as he's given a reason to do something. As a result he treats school as more of an optional choice, only going to his classes half the time and spending most of his free time roaming town. He enjoys moving around and keeps fairly active, though this is normally in the form of climbing onto rooftops, trees and the like, occasionally getting him into trouble with the law for trespassing.

Alex is slow to anger in terms of provocation, though his fuse is much shorter in cases of injustice or when directly challenged; his competitive streak sometimes getting the best of him
Name: Alex Leffen
Kinship: Mythikin
Myth/Legend: Phoenix

Physical Features: (Changed by the Oscillation)
Alex's previously blue eyes have become a bright fiery orange, and two wings of the same bright orange have sprouted from his back. These span around four meters in diameter and are fully flexible, being able to wrap around Alex's body and hide under clothing if necessary (though this would result in a fair bit of discomfort). His body temperature has risen significant, though not noticeable to Alex, both his skin and feathers give off heat comparable to a radiator. Despite this his metabolism has stayed unchanged, suggesting a more magical origin.

Appearance: None, although the back of his shirt is now pretty ripped up thanks to the new wings

Personality: Though still retaining a thick skin, Alex has become a lot more competitive. Most of his other personality traits have been amplified to different degrees, being far more protective of his friends and enjoying the adrenaline and excitement that before were simply parts of his regular endeavours.

Mythos:
In Ancient Greek folklore, a phoenix is a long-lived bird that cyclically regenerates or is otherwise born again. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. Some legends say it dies in a show of flames and combustion, others that it simply dies and decomposes before being born again. Most accounts say that it lived for 500 years before rebirth. Herodotus, Lucan, Pliny the Elder, Pope Clement I, Lactantius, Ovid, and Isidore of Seville are among those who have contributed to the retelling and transmission of the phoenix motif. The phoenix symbolizes renewal in general, as well as entities and concepts such as the Sun, time, the Roman Empire, Christ, and Mary.

Skill Sheet:
Cluster skill: From the Ashes
Passive skill: Rebirth
When introduced to a strong enough fire (think big campfire) the user triggers a rebirth, healing all wounds and stamina. This process takes approximately 15 minutes, making it impractical for a fight

Passive skill: Phoenix's blood
The user can heal themselves with fire, including their own. This can stop bleeding and dull the pain of major wounds and can completely heal minor wounds, such asas cuts and scrapes. Speed of healing is affected by the strength of the fire

Active skill: Fireblast
Summon a ball of fire and throw it forwards.
Active/Passive skill: Flame body
The feathers on the phoenix's wings burn with the fire of the phoenix, allowing them to melt and effectively negate most projectiles thrown at them as well as burning any would-be physical attackers. Activates mostly based on instinct, and on command with practice

Passive skill: Fire aura
The power and amount of energy stored within the user is determined by the ambient temperature of the surrounding area, with room temperature acting as a baseline for all stats

Active skill: Flame Boost
While flying, user can superheat the air passing over their feathers and expel it behind them, lowering quickness and agility while drastically increasing speed.

Passive skill: Eagle eyes
The user's eyes are around 8x stronger than a normal human's, allowing the user to see great distances with perfect clarity
Stats:
Force

Power: extremely high

Strength: very low

Defense

Toughness: Very low

Resilience: very high

Dexterity

Speed: Extremely high (flame boost)/very high (standard),

Agility: Very high

Quickness: High

Energy

Constitution: average

Stamina: Very low

Endurance: below average

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: Very low (water)/Immune(fire)

Physical Resistances: Low

Note: Physical Resistance does not directly affect one's 'durability'. It instead refers to abilities that absorb or deflect damage. Examples of things that would affect Physical Resistance include, but are not limited to, shields or armor.

Control Resistances: high

Penetration: low
@kyuukestu made a few changes to stats, tell me what you think

oh yeah i solved the equation in that post
answer.PNG

you are welcome~

When you say be careful, you mean I need to change something there, or is it more of a "just be responsible" sorts thing?
Just be responsible. Healing factors are a thing, so I wouldn't ban you from recovering using your own flames. The Phoenix's myth is heavily based around their rejuvenation and all. So long as it does turn into infinite self-healing or anything super crazy, then I think it'll be fine.

Last edited:
Ah yes, so 5 people have posted thus far, and noticeable we don't have a single interaction. I suspect this might continue, so in an effort to avoid that let's talk about character relationships!

So which characters are classmates, friends, in the same club, etc. That'll give us some basic backstory and make the interactions between the characters smoother.

Edit:

That said, I'll start!

Catherine is a Senior, so she's in her final year of high school (fourth year.)

She's a member of the Science/STEM club, and I'm open to her being friends with basically anyone.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Ah yes, so 5 people have posted thus far, and noticeable we don't have a single interaction. I suspect this might continue, so in an effort to avoid that let's talk about character relationships!

So which characters are classmates, friends, in the same club, etc. That'll give us some basic backstory and make the interactions between the characters smoother.

Edit:

That said, I'll start!

Catherine is a Senior, so she's in her final year of high school (fourth year.)

She's a member of the Science/STEM club, and I'm open to her being friends with basically anyone.
Jonah is also a senior but he isn't a member of the Science/STEM club. Still, based on grade level alone, they'd have reason to know each other, or at least know of each other. As for clubs, Jonah would be in the Culinary Arts(Cooking) Club if such a program was available. I'm also open to him being friends with about anyone.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Sam is currently a Junior. He's not really involved in any clubs. He takes choir as an elective. He isn't the most active student in the class, but he does find it more interesting than a lot of his other classes since he doesn't already know most of the material and the teacher keeps it interesting by using popular music every now and then. He's not a loner per se, but he does have a smaller friend group. If you try to get to know him and be his friend, there is a very small chance that he would turn you down.

Okay my turn. *Inhales*

Lifon is also a senior, and in an Acting (Or Drama. Whatever they call it) Club. I'm also open to him being friends, or acquaintances, with anyone.
God I feel like a parrot.
lol i guess it's my turn then

Yukiro is a Junior and he's in the Arts Club. I'd probably only choose a few people to be Yukiro's friend because he's a lone wolf so probably one or two people would really know him
Both of you are taking art class according to your post, and I believe Clite's char may be in Art as well since he does a lot of drawing, so maybe y'all can work something out?

Orm is, or rather was, a junior who dropped out of school two days ago after any abyssmal attendance record and spent most of the amount time he was in class doing nothing. People are welcome to try and talk to him, but beware of his short temper. Most characters have probably at least heard of him in a negative way and for clubs, if student counseling exists he was probably forced to be there a couple of times

He started drawing several mythical beasts, including a griffon, a phoenix, jormungandr, a siren and a kitsune. He didn't know himself to predict the future, but he felt like he would know someone related to these creatures of legends one day.
"Prophecy... Prophecy... There" Yukiro had been reading the now unlocked book "Oscillation? Isn't that what she was talking about before?" Yukiro was a little suspicious of the book, As it couldn't be a coincidence as Yukiro didn't see her with any books of any kind.

Careful. You're getting close to meta-gaming territory. That isn't knowledge your characters could really have.

Also @kyuukestu when are we going to begin the oscillation? Do we do it after everybody's first post or after Patriot's post?
The Oscillation will begin after people have gotten some time to interact with each other and their personalities have been established a bit. There's a little hint I need to drop and something that the characters need to find or else they're going to have a pretty bad time against the first set of villains.

Can't think of what to make Adrian be schoolwise and idk what the location would look like, I'm no geography expert.
It's a made-up setting so we're not going to be too strict on what the area is like, feel free to take some creative liberties.

Summer is ending so you can imagine space trees, their leaves still green but beginning to yellow with autumn's arrival. If there's anything specific you wanted to add that you're unsure of then just shoot me a heads-up.