• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation: Fractured Skies (Discussion Thread)

i edited my post, holy shit was that thing a pain in the ass to write
just the skills tree section took me like 5 HOURS
and i fixed most of the issues with draconic branch and swordsmanship branch, too
The Draconic Branch is A-Okay.

I maintain my previous stance on the Skillful (Passive) though. Since Bahamut's myth has little to do with swords I can't make sense of a passive that buffs stats just by wielding a sword, normal or otherwise.

My suggestion is that you aim for a legendary sword and then design that sword to give you similar buffs. For example the Kusanagi sword, or grass cutter. It's a blade with the ability to control the wind and it would make sense for wielding that sword to give you boosts to Power, Quickness, and Agility due to its wind manipulation.

TL;DR Skillful not allowed; but you can get a similar buff after acquiring a good sword in RP.

i did think of two, since the character is kind of built off of two swords
Caladbolg and Tyrfing

Caladbolg
Said to be able to cut the tops off of hills and slaughter entire armies.
not sure what to have it do yet

Tyrfing, The Cursed Blade
A sword with a golden hilt that would never miss a stroke, would never rust and would cut through stone and iron as easily as through clothes. It shone and gleamed like fire. However, in revenge they cursed it so that it would kill a man every time it was drawn and that it would be the cause of three great evils. They finally cursed it so that it would also kill the original user.

i dont know what the buffs of this one would do yet

i'll remove the buff from skillfull, i'll have to think of a better way to implement it

On another note.

Regarding the ability to mix mythologies:

@Nukas @DarkHydraT @OmnipotentOnion @~Patriot~ @<Inkscape> @Alirra @Gamingfan @sSoul @Sky5372 @Clite of Dragonbow @Red Gallade @NotAPokemonRanger @BurbleBurble

You are allowed to mix mythologies to gain new abilities; but, it requires your character to do so in RP. It must be something your character can reasonably acquire and that generally means it has to be gained through a weapon, item, feat, etc.

To illustrate what I mean, let me list out some items and the abilities you could get from them:

Zeus' Thunderbolt — Lightning Manipulation
Indra's Vajra — Lightning Manipulation
Thor's Mjolnir — Lightning Manipulation
Fragarach — Wind Manipulation
Kusanagi Blade — Wind Manipulation

Immortal Peaches — Grants longevity
Ambrosia — Grants longevity
Amrita — Grants longevity
A Drink from the Fountain of Youth — Grants longevity

Bathing in Fafnir's Blood — Grants invulnerability
Dipping in the River Styx — Grants invulnerability

Of course, any items/feats that are said to grant Immortality, invulnerability, omnipotence in any form, etc. (basically anything too OP) will need to be sufficiently limited or removed altogether.

Don't go crazy with these items and feats though, we can't have people running around strapped with full sets of legendary or fabled equipment. Limits on the number of items/blessing/feats, etc. that a character can perform/acquire may come into play later down the line.

i did think of two, since the character is kind of built off of two swords
Caladbolg and Tyrfing

Caladbolg
Said to be able to cut the tops off of hills and slaughter entire armies.
not sure what to have it do yet

Tyrfing, The Cursed Blade
A sword with a golden hilt that would never miss a stroke, would never rust and would cut through stone and iron as easily as through clothes. It shone and gleamed like fire. However, in revenge they cursed it so that it would kill a man every time it was drawn and that it would be the cause of three great evils. They finally cursed it so that it would also kill the original user.

i dont know what the buffs of this one would do yet

i'll remove the buff from skillfull, i'll have to think of a better way to implement it
Alrighto! Thanks for understanding.

Tyrfing is a cursed blade though, so keep the mythology of the weapons in mind. Whatever abilities that weapon will grant the character needs to be based off its mythos.

On another note.

Regarding the ability to mix mythologies:

@Nukas @DarkHydraT @OmnipotentOnion @~Patriot~ @<Inkscape> @Alirra @Gamingfan @sSoul @Sky5372 @Clite of Dragonbow @Red Gallade @NotAPokemonRanger @BurbleBurble

You are allowed to mix mythologies to gain new abilities; but, it requires your character to do so in RP. It must be something your character can reasonably acquire and that generally means it has to be gained through a weapon, item, feat, etc.

To illustrate what I mean, let me list out some items and the abilities you could get from them:

Zeus' Thunderbolt — Lightning Manipulation
Indra's Vajra — Lightning Manipulation
Thor's Mjolnir — Lightning Manipulation
Fragarach — Wind Manipulation
Kusanagi Blade — Wind Manipulation

Immortal Peaches — Grants longevity
Ambrosia — Grants longevity
Amrita — Grants longevity
A Drink from the Fountain of Youth — Grants longevity

Bathing in Fafnir's Blood — Grants invulnerability
Dipping in the River Styx — Grants invulnerability

Of course, any items/feats that are said to grant Immortality, invulnerability, omnipotence in any form, etc. (basically anything too OP) will need to be sufficiently limited or removed altogether.

Don't go crazy with these items and feats though, we can't have people running around strapped with full sets of legendary or fabled equipment. Limits on the number of items/blessing/feats, etc. that a character can perform/acquire may come into play later down the line.
Huh, people really liked the idea of immortality through food or water huh?

touche
touche
it does seem like many legendary weapons give you lightining or wind powers...
when tf we getting darkness manipulation or like rock manipulation
or even like, idk, GRAVITY manipulation
You'd have to go diving through the books lol

There are definitely tons of gear out there. The Norse shield Svalinn is said to block the sun and has some connections to Ice. There are also a number of Grimore's or magical books/scrolls like the Necronomicon or otherwise.