• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation (Discussion)

WAIT

so I just realized that these are fish-people

*SPEAR OF JUSTICE INTENSIFIES*

On a more serious note... why exactly is the gang raiding the school? Did I miss something?
The short answer is it serves the plot, the in-RP answer is here:
With Thalia acting as the in-between, the White Vipers were able to coordinate rapidly and effectively. After a small discussion, the group decided their first target would be a local school. Why a school? The simple answer was Willaim had a petty grudge against a teacher who'd given him detention 5 years ago, but the official answer was practicality. Not only did a school abound with high-priority hostages with little to no ability to fight back, but it would also have several essential amenities: a large stock of food, water, medical supplies, and other miscellaneous equipment that facilitated courses.

Given the way his power set is worded, I'm not sure if Orm's fangs would even pierce Samson's skin in the first place. They would have to physically attack the skin in order to pierce it, so I think that it would be redirected. If disconnected from the ground, however, Samson's skin would probably be pretty tough but not so tough as to be invincible.

I should clarify here. Note that Samson's toughness, which is his physical durability, is only above average. He does, however, have very high resilience. While on the ground he would soak up damage because most of it would be redirected, but once he's off the ground there shouldn't be any problems getting past his defenses.

I've been paying less attention to this RP than I thought and it appears the last thing I remember now is one of the teachers getting killed.

Maybe I might use this opportunity to give a glimpse of Adrian's monster side.

That's been the gist so far. The students have begun to fight the gang, though I might need to add some stakes to the situation for each of the characters. or I'll need to have my own OC take a more active role in driving the plot.

@JayTaku no worries about that man, take care~

"Now the hall is clear," Marcus muttered as he looked back out over the listing deck. "What next?"
Marcus, my dear boy. I'm so glad you asked! Though you should know better than to raise flags in a pseudo-horror like this one. ;)

Now I'll actually answer that question in full. I've organized both the School situation and the Cruise situation into 4 acts each. When we shift into a new phase I'll mention it in the discussion in the earlier 'Quest' Format.

The objectives will be my suggestions on how to advance the plot, but I won't rule out other ways of advancing the plot. I'll present the main objectives, side objectives, and hidden objectives. Completion of the main objective will cause the story to move along while side objectives are more bonuses that'll aren't necessary but will show up again later to help your OC in some other situation.

Hidden Objectives are...hidden, obviously, but I'll try to drop hints about them and sussing them out is worth bonus points and will reveal more about the current situation at hand. Highly recommended that you try your hand at them, but just like side objectives, they aren't required.

The first phases have no main objective as you're acting reactionary to the inciting incident. From then on it'll be up to the OCs to be the driving force of the plot rather than just reacting.

Edit:

The FAQ section on the First Page of this thread has been updated with a more in-depth explanation. Please, don't hesitate to ask for clarification on anything. I'll update the FAQ and hopefully answer your question in the process.

On another note a wikia was made for a few of the characters in the Oscillation Universe so I'll link the character pages. Feel free to review the characters, their stats, and their skills. Maybe it'll give you some inspiration.

The links are on the pictures.

Rachel/Park Sung Hyo
Mythickin Lunar Hare

Maria Camelia Espinar
Mythickin Sunlit Unicorn

Fiona White
Mythickin Prismatic Fairy

Scarlet Clementine Johnson
Mythickin Verspertine Reaper

Elinor
Mythickin Lich Empress

To the best of my knowledge, the art is commissioned from Likesac by the Author Scott Edwards

Last edited:
Pseudo-horror? Given most character's reactions I would have thought it was meant to be a power fantasy type deal.
Ah! My mistake. I mentioned pseudo-horror because the mythos these fishmen are taken from is known for its horror. I'd mentioned it to passing to @DarkHydraT on discord, though it seems I hadn't caught up everyone else here. You'll see a second horrific creature once phase 2 of the Cruise rolls around which should be...as soon as I can get up a few posts.

I'm focusing on the School situation right now, but then I really need to catch up with Yuying and the Cruise.

Just a question, what's everyone's stance on a discord server for OOC chatter? There's plenty of possibilities for memes and such and this way the chance to get shut down is significantly lower
Thanks for that, didn't want to triple post.
Oh, definitely. Just like the Bootleg Bros one lol

I'm down, I've got a fair bita experience with discord servers so I can prob get something up if you want

Same here

definitely down for a discord server!

I'll have something up by the end of the day, so look out for a server link. This might also be prime time for the Kingdom Royale server I was thinking about making.

Trying to think on how to make Adrian proceed: Option A being as he's new to the bloodlust, he gives in and feeds on the dead teacher's blood. Option B being where he lunges at the intruders, mixing his hunger with the instinct to defend himself... or feed on fresher blood.

Here's the Discord Link, I did do some set-up but eventually decided that I should wait for more input before organizing the server.

Trying to think on how to make Adrian proceed: Option A being as he's new to the bloodlust, he gives in and feeds on the dead teacher's blood. Option B being where he lunges at the intruders, mixing his hunger with the instinct to defend himself... or feed on fresher blood.
Well, what did you want for him?

Like what do you want him to do/feel in the future?

I've got a similar impulse with Catherine, her need for revenge that I'm building up. I want it to eventually bubble over into something that she'll regret and then I'll work out how she reacts from there.

Maybe have him get violent/hungry towards the intruders, his mind constantly telling him to "feed" and perhaps after the fight or whatever happens, he just looks at the others with hunger.

As mentioned I plan (hope?) for an arc where he gets very bloodthirsty, perhaps he has an "agreement" with his monstrous side and only drinks the blood of bad guys only to end up making excuses or trying to drink the blood of anyone who causes even minor setbacks.

Alright, so I've got one more official week of classes left so that means I'll be getting this to pick up the pace. I'll give you a run-down of my plans for the two scenarios.

On the school side of things:

William plans to threaten the students into submission. He'll tell them to surrender while pointing his bow at one of the school's classrooms in which the normal students are gathered. If the Ocs don't surrender then a lot of innocent, powerless people are going to die. Take that as you will :v

Specifically, think about the consequences that could have on how your Ocs are viewed.

I'm considering a 'display of dominance' or something, where the Gang will generally go and T-bag the Ocs just because they know they're unlikely to fight back with all the lives at stake and give the Ocs some personal reasons to hate them or something. But do tell me what you all think and what you'd allow to happen to your characters.

On the cruise side of things: The Shaggoth has appeared if I remember correctly. You are entirely incapable of defeating it at this point in time, but you're entirely free to try.

If you remember, the Oscillation does affect electronics and that means things like the Ship's navigations system are fried. Not all the electronics are done for though.

You should probably think about talking to the ship's Captain unless you plan to stay stranded in the sea forever. There's an island nearby, the same one the captured passengers were taken to, it's possible to beach the ship on said island so you can have some time to gather your bearings and plan your next move.

I will also begin dropping hints for the hidden objective of the next phase of this arc. Do ask lots of questions and discuss things amongst yourself. You can plan here in the discussion thread and I'll comment if you need me to and probably provide further clarification on hints and things like that.

I will go ahead and say that your School-scene hint has something to do with a teacher and your Cruise-scene hint has something to do with the Shaggoth.

Alright, so I've got one more official week of classes left so that means I'll be getting this to pick up the pace. I'll give you a run-down of my plans for the two scenarios.

On the school side of things:

William plans to threaten the students into submission. He'll tell them to surrender while pointing his bow at one of the school's classrooms in which the normal students are gathered. If the Ocs don't surrender then a lot of innocent, powerless people are going to die. Take that as you will :v

Specifically, think about the consequences that could have on how your Ocs are viewed.

I'm considering a 'display of dominance' or something, where the Gang will generally go and T-bag the Ocs just because they know they're unlikely to fight back with all the lives at stake and give the Ocs some personal reasons to hate them or something. But do tell me what you all think and what you'd allow to happen to your characters.

On the cruise side of things: The Shaggoth has appeared if I remember correctly. You are entirely incapable of defeating it at this point in time, but you're entirely free to try.

If you remember, the Oscillation does affect electronics and that means things like the Ship's navigations system are fried. Not all the electronics are done for though.

You should probably think about talking to the ship's Captain unless you plan to stay stranded in the sea forever. There's an island nearby, the same one the captured passengers were taken to, it's possible to beach the ship on said island so you can have some time to gather your bearings and plan your next move.

I will also begin dropping hints for the hidden objective of the next phase of this arc. Do ask lots of questions and discuss things amongst yourself. You can plan here in the discussion thread and I'll comment if you need me to and probably provide further clarification on hints and things like that.

I will go ahead and say that your School-scene hint has something to do with a teacher and your Cruise-scene hint has something to do with the Shaggoth.

@kyuukestu
@Mango137
@DarkHydraT
@Nukas
@Sky5372
@Top_Smug_
@_obsequious
@Red Gallade
@EeviumZ
@sSoul
@~Patriot~
@OmnipotentOnion

tagging is troublesome ~w~

Adrain's gonna try and keep his monster side under wraps despite how badly the latter wants to assert his dominance and persuade Adrian to do the same. I'll need to think of a good way that doesn't involve the students where Adrian can slowly give in to his thirst for blood.

So, did they escape or are they about to escape? I'm kinda hoping Adrian can at least leave one more mark on the gang yet at the same time, I feel like waiting until later until he shows his "monster side."
She'll be invisible for 3 seconds, I ended the post like that because I felt it would be a better reaction for Sky. So she hasn't escaped.

Though:

Quick Announcement

Here's my stance on 'plot-events' like this:

I didn't plan for this battle to drag on and turn into a decisive confrontation with the White Viper. However, I also don't plan to force you along with the plot I have in mind. I much prefer to guide the Role Play in a general direction and leave you all some freedom to variate and make your own decisions. So while this wasn't supposed to be the big students vs White Viper fight, it can be if you all want it to be.

However, I will say this: there are consequences to OC actions both direct and indirect, and I actually love the idea of some of them coming back to bite ya in the arse later. So while I will allow you a lot of freedom with how you respond to situations, some responses are just better than others.

As William has shown before he will not hesitate to slaughter the innocent students in attempts to try and force the OC students to back down. If you decide to push through with this fight a lot of innocents are going to die because of it and that will have consequences later down the line. Half the student population getting killed in your fight isn't gonna do you any favors in PR. You might win, but the cost will be heavy.

There are similar choices in other arcs as well, for example, the People on the Cruise can choose to abandon the passengers and save themselves.

Tag List:

@Mango137
@DarkHydraT
@Nukas
@Sky5372
@Top_Smug_
@_obsequious
@Cmeriwether
@Red Gallade
@EeviumZ
@sSoul
@~Patriot~
@OmnipotentOnion

I also understand how the survivors will be traumatized and how likely it is people will be questioned by the authorities.
You're definitely on the right line of thought:

If tomorrows headlines read

High school students have shoot-out with local Gang, dozens dead

then you can expect that your characters are going to carry that kind of reputation and infamy which will affect how they're treated later on in the story.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Sorry for completely vanishing off the radar, I've really gotten behind on this one.

I lost track when the school was attacked, and now I have no idea what's going on. If someone can fill me in on what I should do and what is happening, I might be able to hang on, but I'm having trouble seeing as the situation is a bit chaotic right now.

I could have Luna simply go missing for now and appear later, if that doesn't interfere with plot. I'm not quite sure what I can do with her as of now.

I'm also swamped with staff duties in several gaming groups as of late, which has impaired my ability to post seeing as I have a weekly quota I have to meet. My sincerest apologies.

If someone could give me advice on what to do, that'd be great. I'm not used to this style of RP and I'm still learning.