• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation (Discussion)

Alrighty then, the last of the Gang members to be introduced Aladd the Serpopard. An Egyptian chimera with the head of a snake and the body of a leopard. The plot has started in full now, no more downtime for anyone especially me. Do remember than strength is in numbers and in paying attention~

================================================
Aladd (Mythickin | Serpopard)
Skills

Chimera [Serpopard] (Cluster Skill)
Leonid Body (Passive): Grants the physical abilities of a leopard.

Snake-headed (Passive): Grants the user venom fangs and glands.

Viper-venom (Active): Foes can be injected with venom if bitten. Venom is a fast-acting paralytic.

Chimeric Senses [Leopard-Snake] (Passive): Grants the senses of both a leopard and a snake.

Probably a Giraffe (Passive): At first glance, the user appears to be a Giraffe.

Royal Protector (Passive): Gains a boost to Force and Defense when protection allies.

Force
Power: High
Strength: High

Defense
Toughness: Above Average
Resilience: Average

Dexterity
Speed: High
Agility: High
Quickness: High

Energy
Constitution: Average
Stamina: Average
Endurance: Average

Tenacity
Elemental Resistances: Average
Physical Resistances: Average
Control Resistances: Above Average
Penetration: High

I'd like to point out for those on the Cruise, your objective is not necessarily to defeat enemies. You can if you want to, I certainly won't be stopping you, but the Fish people are only the heralds, leading the way for what is to come. What comes after the fish people...well, it is a bit beyond what the characters can handle. They are, of course, free to fight it anyway. However, they won't be able to kill it.

I'm currently planning that Cruise arc with more flexibility so I can drag it out to match the School arc since I'm not sure how long that will take.

Now a more general message, for what I have planned, you should expect both scenarios to carry over into at least the next day. Though I won't spoil the means by which that'll happen. You're free to try and thwart my evil plans, but it won't be easy!

Do remember to have fun~

@kyuukestu
@Mango137
@DarkHydraT
@Nukas
@Sky5372
@Top_Smug_
@_obsequious
@Cmeriwether
@Shadow_Pup
@Red Gallade
@EeviumZ
@JayTaku
@sSoul
@~Patriot~
@OmnipotentOnion

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
I'd like to point out for those on the Cruise, your objective is not necessarily to defeat enemies. You can if you want to, I certainly won't be stopping you, but the Fish people are only the heralds, leading the way for what is to come. What comes after the fish people...well, it is a bit beyond what the characters can handle. They are, of course, free to fight it anyway. However, they won't be able to kill it.

I'm currently planning that Cruise arc with more flexibility so I can drag it out to match the School arc since I'm not sure how long that will take.

Now a more general message, for what I have planned, you should expect both scenarios to carry over into at least the next day. Though I won't spoil the means by which that'll happen. You're free to try and thwart my evil plans, but it won't be easy!

Do remember to have fun~

@kyuukestu
@Mango137
@DarkHydraT
@Nukas
@Sky5372
@Top_Smug_
@_obsequious
@Cmeriwether
@Shadow_Pup
@Red Gallade
@EeviumZ
@JayTaku
@sSoul
@~Patriot~
@OmnipotentOnion

You ominous bastard...

Okay,

1) Wren hiding in a cupboard is adorable ~ ♥

2) Live footage of Marcus' Oscillation
full

3) Those on the Cruise may feel free to describe the atrocities the Fishmen are committing, however do note that their main aim is to drag people off the ship and into the water. What do they do with those people? Well, you'll find out in about...10 minutes RP time.

Main Quest Received!

Fight off the fishmen and survive for 10 minutes. Save as many passengers as you can!

4) I've updated the second and third posts on the first page of the thread. A link to the sheets for the White Viper was added, and a second question was added to the FAQ.

When did this become an MMO RPG?
*Looks at character sheet with skills and stats*

Well...the correct term is LitRPG. Also, it's just a nice way to drop certain hints and get people thinking. If I combine that with the letters and probably some pointing out which posts you should pay extra attention to, maybe I can build a solid mystery while leaving enough clues for people to piece it together themselves.

I sleep and work for only so long only to see large posts when I get back, I assume I should have Adrian get on his knees and comply with the school's new visitors?
Entirely up to you. You can comply, fight, feign compliance, etc.

It's totally your choice.

Though non-compliance will result in Violence:

Anyway, things were fine until they came. They barged through the school gates and trapped us here. They were a local gang and they'd also been changed. It gave them confidence, enough that they attacked the school and took us hostage. They've been keeping the authorities at bay by threatening us, but negotiations don't seem to be going well.

Some of us tried to fight them when they came, but they were shot...I don't know what happened to them afterward. I hope someone comes soon and helps us before it's too late.

*The rest of the page is splattered in blood, the words unreadable*

Do reread Zola's letter in the first post, and ask about anything you want clarification from.

I'll clarify this portion by saying what Zola meant was that those who didn't comply with the Gang's orders and tried to resist were shot. So if you want to avoid being shot then you might want to comply for now. You can also choose another method to avoid being shot, like attacking the gang or something.

You should all discuss what your plan to deal with the gang is.

I'll likely have Adrian comply for a while until a plan unfolds, but if things get bloody then this might bring out Adrian's new craving for blood alongside the voice in his head that demands he feed on blood.

Don't need to tell you this but if Adrian gets angry/hungry for blood then the posts I make will likely be bloody.

I'll likely have Adrian comply for a while until a plan unfolds, but if things get bloody then this might bring out Adrian's new craving for blood alongside the voice in his head that demands he feed on blood.

Don't need to tell you this but if Adrian gets angry/hungry for blood then the posts I make will likely be bloody.
Alrighty then, do have fun with that o/

Just as Kagatsuchi burned his own mother to death upon his birth, so too shall the legend of Kagutsuchi (probably) burn the ship to cinders if left to his own devices. I would start doing something about that.

On that note, I will be looking to play-up your newbie-ness and lack of control over your abilities when I can, so I will take the chance to cause collateral damage. Edits won't be needed unless it drastically affects something, or someone has a concern with the collateral damage caused. Otherwise, it will be treated like a simple mistake that your OC should learn from.

d0a14a99224123f0acade24d60abee78.png

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Just as Kagatsuchi burned his own mother to death upon his birth, so too shall the legend of Kagutsuchi (probably) burn the ship to cinders if left to his own devices. I would start doing something about that.

On that note, I will be looking to play-up your newbie-ness and lack of control over your abilities when I can, so I will take the chance to cause collateral damage. Edits won't be needed unless it drastically affects something, or someone has a concern with the collateral damage caused. Otherwise, it will be treated like a simple mistake that your OC should learn from.

d0a14a99224123f0acade24d60abee78.png

I essentially wanted the boat to catch fire anyway~

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
@kyuukestu I think I'm gonna have to drop from this roleplay, the con-current arcs are making it really hard for me to keep track and I just getting lost, I think this is a great roleplay but I just generally don't do well with massive roleplay's (in terms of roleplayers), I thought I would give it a try for this one but I think I'm going to drop out.

@kyuukestu I think I'm gonna have to drop from this roleplay, the con-current arcs are making it really hard for me to keep track and I just getting lost, I think this is a great roleplay but I just generally don't do well with massive roleplay's (in terms of roleplayers), I thought I would give it a try for this one but I think I'm going to drop out.
Hey man, is cool. Better to drop out early before your characters get too deep in anyway, good luck in your other attempts!

Sorry to hear that, but do take care.

The two arcs are entirely separated so you don't need to pay that much attention to what's going on in the cruise, but I acn certainly see where the confusion came in.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Really sorry guys, but like Shadow Pup, I think I’m gonna drop out of this as well.

It’s nothing to do with the RP at all, it’s just because lately I’ve been really busy and it’s hard to find time to make a post.

I just really thought I should let you know in case I end holding up any events in future. Really sorry ‘bout this.

@~Patriot~ How would Samson react to Orm's venom? It killed Thor, so it is lethal, but could it even enter his bloodstream with the defense buff? I'd assume that Samson's skin is very thick
Given the way his power set is worded, I'm not sure if Orm's fangs would even pierce Samson's skin in the first place. They would have to physically attack the skin in order to pierce it, so I think that it would be redirected. If disconnected from the ground, however, Samson's skin would probably be pretty tough but not so tough as to be invincible.

Given the way his power set is worded, I'm not sure if Orm's fangs would even pierce Samson's skin in the first place. They would have to physically attack the skin in order to pierce it, so I think that it would be redirected. If disconnected from the ground, however, Samson's skin would probably be pretty tough but not so tough as to be invincible.
I see, Samson really is a good counter against Orm huh? This should be fun, thank you