• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation (Discussion)

Name: Augustus Dracolore

Physical Features: 6'0" slightly muscular 178 lbs, with gold hair and orange eyes, has a few scars from protecting Ashley from a pack of foxes.

Appearance: Augustus usually wears a letterman jacket for his school, and usually a baby blue shirt and jeans.

Personality: Augustus is a mysterious and protective person. He is on the Track and Field Team.

Post Oscillation

Name: Augustus Dracolore
Kinship: Legendkin
Myth/Legend: Loki, Norse God of Trickery

Physical Features: Augustus hasn't changed at all due to Loki's ability to Shapeshift.

Appearance:

Personality: The protectiveness has been replaced with the personality of a class clown, but on a much stronger level.

Mythos: Norse mythology, in some versions, he was taken in by the gods, and became Thor and Odin's traveling companion, he was also considered an enemy of the gods, demanding things like their drink uninvited. He was also considered a god of fire. He also led a blind God to kill another one.

Skills

Trickery (Active or Passive Skill): Loki is the Norse God of Trickery, and can use this skill to fool people, as simple as like a magic trick, to accidentally injuring someone else.

Fire manipulation (Active skill): in some sources, he is considered a fire God along with his trickery.

Mental pollution (Minor) (Passive): This skill forces the personality traits, unconcerned about others, and slight evil.

Net Making (Active skill): in other accounts Loki was known to make nets, both Metaphorical and Literal.

Shapeshift (Active Skill): Loki was known to Shapeshift, example was when he gave birth to Odin's horse, he transformed into a mare to court the Stallion that sired the horse in question.

Stats

Force

Power: Average

Strength: High

Defense

Toughness: Below Average

Resilience: Low

Dexterity

Speed: Average

Agility: Average

Quickness: Above Average

Energy

Constitution: Above Average

Stamina: Average

Endurance: Above Average

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: above average (vs Fire is higher)

Physical Resistances: Average

Control Resistances: Extremely High (Due to his Mental Pollution

Penetration: High
Looks pretty good, tell me more about the Trickery Skill though. How does it work? What are its limits? What does it even do exactly? As it is now it's pretty vague and could allow just about anything to happen so long as it ends up tricking someone. Loki's a god of deception primarily, even his feat of fooling one god into killing another was more deception than a particular skill.

Balor, the god that he ended up killing, was immune to damage from any and all items except mistle-toe, and the gods had lots of fun testing out Balor's invincibility. Loki just thought it'd be pretty cool to give another blind god a spear made out of mistletoe to chuck at him, which ended up killing him.

Here's a Potential Rewrite of the Trickery Skill @kyuukestu
Trickery (Cluster Skill): This skill contains the following skills
Illusion (Active Skill): This skill allows Loki to fool people, be it like a magic trick, or accidentally making an illusion of something really powerful.

Sleight of Hand (Active Skill): This skill allows use of his hands to fool people. Can be used for stealing something off of someone or planting something on someone.
Question, is it possible for Augustus to find a piece of equipment related to Loki, it would be towards the end.

Last edited:
Here's a Potential Rewrite of the Trickery Skill @kyuukestu
Trickery (Cluster Skill): This skill contains the following skills
Deception (Active Skill): This skill allows Loki to fool people, be it like a magic trick, or accidentally making an illusion of something really powerful.

Sleight of Hand (Active Skill): This skill allows use of his hands to fool people. Can be used for stealing something off of someone or planting something on someone.
Question, is it possible for Augustus to find a piece of equipment related to Loki, it would be towards the end.
Equipment is around, but I most certainly won't be handing it to OCs directly. I mentioned it before but there are some side-quests unrelated to the main story that will be mostly optional for characters to do. The reward for those little quests is equipment or other such things. Though of course obtain equipment will come at a cost and it won't be easy.

If you've got a piece of equipment in mind though bringing it up in a Conversation and we'll talk about it.

Name: Iris van der Decken

Physical Features:
(Descriptions including height, weight, hair color, eye color, body shape, etc.) Iris stands at 5'7 feet and weighs at 132 lbs, with brown skin and black hair that reaches her shoulders with blue highlights in it. She has freckles, brown eyes and an endomorphic body type.

Appearance: [Optional]
(Descriptions including clothing, accessories, piercings, hairstyles, etc.) Iris wears a red sweater, a pair of jeans and a pair of white sneakers. She wears a silver ring on her left index finger with a blue topaz embedded in it. Her hair is straight, reaches her shoulders and has blue highlights in it. She also wears a silver earring in her right earlobe

Personality:
(General description of personality. Can include likes & dislikes.)Being born from an Indonesian mother and a Dutch father, Iris adores travel. She spent much of her youth reading books about distant lands and the history of the countries of her parents. She can be a bit cold at times, but she means well. If a topic gets struck that she likes, she will light up like a candle in the night. She is not the biggest fan of storms, though she loves some strong winds. A 7 on the scale of Beaufort is just the right amount for her.
Myth/Legend: The Flying Dutchman

Physical Features: (Changed by the Oscillation)
(Descriptions including height, weight, hair colour, eye colour, body shape, etc.) Iris didn't have many changes from the Oscillation, but she did get one big one. Instead of her brown skin, she now has a ghostly green color with flowing smoke-like trails coming from her shoulders and ankles. Surprisingly enough, her weight has not changed at all and she still needs to eat and drink like a human.

(Descriptions including clothing, accessories, piercings, hairstyles, etc.) Iris' old garb got replaced with an outfit that represents the outfit of a stereotypical pirate captain more than anything, without the eyepatch, peg leg and hook. Her head is now adorned with a hat, her sweater got replaced with a coat and a sash running diagonally over it, her jeans got replaced with breeches and her shoes got replaced by knee-high boots. Her ring and earring are still untouched.

Personality: (Changed by the Oscillation)
(General description of personality. Can include likes & dislikes) Iris got...rougher around the edges after transforming. She has a clear view of what she wants and will do anything to get her will. She's more ruthless in her approach of things, but she remains fair. She will never punish someone who didn't deserve it and overly punish someone for what they did. She also doesn't really care about gender, disabilities or sexual orientations, instead looking at what these people can still do regardless of what others may see as a potential dealbreaker.

The Flying Dutchman is a legendary ghost ship that can never make port and is doomed to sail the oceans forever. The myth is likely to have originated from the 17th-century golden age of the Dutch East India Company (VOC). The oldest extant version has been dated to the late 18th century. Sightings in the 19th and 20th centuries reported the ship to be glowing with ghostly light. If hailed by another ship, the crew of the Flying Dutchman will try to send messages to land, or to people long dead. In ocean lore, the sight of this phantom ship is an omen of doom. In the RP, The Flying Dutchman instead refers to the captain.
Gives the user the following abilities:
(Active) Allows Iris to summon a large ship along with skeleton crew members to attack the enemy. When doing so, she is rooted in place.
(Active) Iris can summon up to five skeletons to do her bidding.
(Passive) When in or around bodies water, Iris gets faster.
(Active) Iris can make a part of her intangable, but cannot do anything with that part without deactivating it first. Only one part can be intangable at a time and she cannot active any other abilities whilst using this move.
Translator of the Dead: (Passive) Iris can see and speak to souls.
Force

Power: is an explosive and wilder exercise of force. This could also mean potential force as one can have an extremely high power capacity, but be physically extremely weak. High

Strength: is a slower and more controlled exercise of force. Average

Defense

Toughness: is how much damage we can take before our bones are crushed and skin torn. Below average

Resilience: is how well we can redirect force. This can be affected by abilities that redirect damage or mitigates them through some magical or supernatural means. Above average

Dexterity

Speed: is the ability to move the body in one direction as fast as possible. High. Very high when Roamer of the Seas is active.

Agility: is the ability to accelerate, decelerate, stabilize, and quickly change directions with proper posture. High

Quickness: is the ability to react and change body position with a maximum rate of force production. Average.

Energy

Constitution: is how long we can function consciously. This has to do with 'mental fatigue'. High

Stamina: is how long we can function physically. One may be physically weak, but she can operate for an extended period of time with her spells. Average

Endurance: mitigates the use of all our abilities dealing with Stamina and Constitution. Above average

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: are much more oriented with resistance to elemental magic or abilities fueled by certain elements. High

Physical Resistances: if someone has high Physical Resistance, then they can mitigate a lot of physical damage. This seems to be connected with the Defense stat and adds to it. Average

Control Resistances: This has to do with stuns, charms, and other status effects. Above average

Penetration: is a stat that helps bypass resistances. Average

Physical Features:
(Descriptions including height, weight, hair color, eye color, body shape, etc.) Iris stands at 5'7 feet and weighs at 132 lbs, with brown skin and black hair that reaches her shoulders with blue highlights in it. She has freckles, brown eyes and an endomorphic body type.

(Descriptions including clothing, accessories, piercings, hairstyles, etc.) Iris wears a red sweater, a pair of jeans and a pair of white sneakers. She wears a silver ring on her left index finger with a blue topaz embedded in it. Her hair is straight, reaches her shoulders and has blue highlights in it. She also wears a silver earring in her right earlobe

Personality:
(General description of personality. Can include likes & dislikes.)Being born from an Indonesian mother and a Dutch father, Iris adores travel. She spent much of her youth reading books about distant lands and the history of the countries of her parents. She can be a bit cold at times, but she means well. If a topic gets struck that she likes, she will light up like a candle in the night. She is not the biggest fan of storms, though she loves some strong winds. A 7 on the scale of Beaufort is just the right amount for her.
Myth/Legend: The Flying Dutchman

Physical Features: (Changed by the Oscillation)
(Descriptions including height, weight, hair colour, eye colour, body shape, etc.) Iris didn't have many changes from the Oscillation, but she did get one big one. Instead of her brown skin, she now has a ghostly green color with flowing smoke-like trails coming from her shoulders and ankles. Surprisingly enough, her weight has not changed at all and she still needs to eat and drink like a human.

(Descriptions including clothing, accessories, piercings, hairstyles, etc.) Iris' old garb got replaced with an outfit that represents the outfit of a stereotypical pirate captain more than anything, without the eyepatch, peg leg and hook. Her head is now adorned with a hat, her sweater got replaced with a coat and a sash running diagonally over it, her jeans got replaced with breeches and her shoes got replaced by knee-high boots. Her ring and earring are still untouched.

Personality: (Changed by the Oscillation)
(General description of personality. Can include likes & dislikes) Iris got...rougher around the edges after transforming. She has a clear view of what she wants and will do anything to get her will. She's more ruthless in her approach of things, but she remains fair. She will never punish someone who didn't deserve it and overly punish someone for what they did. She also doesn't really care about gender, disabilities or sexual orientations, instead looking at what these people can still do regardless of what others may see as a potential dealbreaker.

The Flying Dutchman is a legendary ghost ship that can never make port and is doomed to sail the oceans forever. The myth is likely to have originated from the 17th-century golden age of the Dutch East India Company (VOC). The oldest extant version has been dated to the late 18th century. Sightings in the 19th and 20th centuries reported the ship to be glowing with ghostly light. If hailed by another ship, the crew of the Flying Dutchman will try to send messages to land, or to people long dead. In ocean lore, the sight of this phantom ship is an omen of doom. In the RP, The Flying Dutchman instead refers to the captain.
Gives the user the following abilities:
(Active) Allows Iris to summon a large ship along with skeleton crew members to attack the enemy. When doing so, she is rooted in place.
(Active) Iris can summon up to five skeletons to do her bidding.
(Passive) When in or around bodies water, Iris gets faster.
(Active) Iris can make a part of her intangable, but cannot do anything with that part without deactivating it first. Only one part can be intangable at a time and she cannot active any other abilities whilst using this move.
Translator of the Dead: (Passive) Iris can see and speak to souls.
Force

Power: is an explosive and wilder exercise of force. This could also mean potential force as one can have an extremely high power capacity, but be physically extremely weak. High

Strength: is a slower and more controlled exercise of force. Average

Defense

Toughness: is how much damage we can take before our bones are crushed and skin torn. Below average

Resilience: is how well we can redirect force. This can be affected by abilities that redirect damage or mitigates them through some magical or supernatural means. Above average

Dexterity

Speed: is the ability to move the body in one direction as fast as possible. High. Very high when Roamer of the Seas is active.

Agility: is the ability to accelerate, decelerate, stabilize, and quickly change directions with proper posture. High

Quickness: is the ability to react and change body position with a maximum rate of force production. Average.

Energy

Constitution: is how long we can function consciously. This has to do with 'mental fatigue'. High

Stamina: is how long we can function physically. One may be physically weak, but she can operate for an extended period of time with her spells. Average

Endurance: mitigates the use of all our abilities dealing with Stamina and Constitution. Above average

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: are much more oriented with resistance to elemental magic or abilities fueled by certain elements. High

Physical Resistances: if someone has high Physical Resistance, then they can mitigate a lot of physical damage. This seems to be connected with the Defense stat and adds to it. Average

Control Resistances: This has to do with stuns, charms, and other status effects. Above average

Penetration: is a stat that helps bypass resistances. Average
Looks good, accepted.
Deception (Active Skill): This skill allows Loki to fool people, be it like a magic trick, or accidentally making an illusion of something really powerful.

Deception you should probably just generally call Illusion and then we can go from there.

A quick reminder that one of the rules for this RP is to have fun. You don't need to sit around and wait for plot all the time, feel free to take things into your own hands and do things that you think your character would do and that you'd enjoy doing. As long as it's within reason I generally won't have any issues with it.

Do feel free to join the scuffle, it's not a bad ice breaker.

Though the teachers overseeing the Gym will notice momentarily and start trying to shut it down, so the chaos won't last that long.

Edit:

It's also a very good chance to start getting an initial grasp of your powers and abilities. It would help to have already used them once before the gang actually arrives.

I take it his high resilience is some kind of fire-form?
Also I noticed a question I missed- I interpreted high resistance as survivability, and with the ability to be received from the dead I counted that as pretty damn high resilience. If you're talking about general stats disconnected from abilities, I might go shift some things around to make it more fitting to the rest of his character

Also I noticed a question I missed- I interpreted high resistance as survivability, and with the ability to be received from the dead I counted that as pretty damn high resilience. If you're talking about general stats disconnected from abilities, I might go shift some things around to make it more fitting to the rest of his character
Resilience is more about how you avoid damage after an attack hits you. Redirecting it or absorbing/dispersing force or what have you.

When I meant fire form I meant it as in his body could turn into a flame to reduce the damage from blunt attacks.

Resilience is more about how you avoid damage after an attack hits you. Redirecting it or absorbing/dispersing force or what have you.

When I meant fire form I meant it as in his body could turn into a flame to reduce the damage from blunt attacks.
Hmm, I guess he already kinda has that ability with his fiery wings, you can interpret it to mean it that way. Considering how low his defense is, it'd make sense

Oh I don't doubt you could tank it. Alex is competitive boye and is now pissed because Orm bowled him over, but he doesn't have any practice focusing his power and is acting off instinct, but then again that also means he doesn't have much self-control. How much damage you want it to do is down to you, you can probably scale the damage more reasonably than I can since he's your boy

Oh I don't doubt you could tank it. Alex is competitive boye and is now pissed because Orm bowled him over, but he doesn't have any practice focusing his power and is acting off instinct, but then again that also means he doesn't have much self-control. How much damage you want it to do is down to you, you can probably scale the damage more reasonably than I can since he's your boy
I intend on having Orm feel the heat, is the power of the fireball influenced by Alex' emotions?

is the power of the fireball influenced by Alex' emotions?
Nah, it's his control over his powers that's influenced by his emotions. Since he has zero practice or knowledge of his powers and is operating on pure instinct his power isn't very focused, but he also has no self-control because he's pissed so he's more or less shooting a full power shot

Last edited:
Nah, it's his control over his powers that's influenced by his emotions. Since he has zero practice or knowledge of his powers he's operating on pure instinct his power isn't very focused, but he also has no self-control because he's pissed so he's more or less shooting a full power shot
So a full power shot that is not aimed at one spot? I think I could work with that

Yea, it's full power, but he hasn't learned how to channel more of his power into an attack or practiced using it at all, making it a lot weaker than it ought to be but it means it takes less out of him since only a fraction of his strength was used

What's this about the government?

@Sky5372 they do have a role, but they shouldn't be showing up yet. Outside the school, there are similar situations of people changing and otherwise causing chaos. The government should be a bit tied up at the moment.

I'll have the fight draw to its conclusion in my next post and the gang with also be showing up. If anyone wants to get a post in before then please do tag me so I can hold off.

@kyuukestu
@Mango137
@DarkHydraT
@Nukas
@Sky5372
@Top_Smug_
@_obsequious
@Cmeriwether
@Shadow_Pup
@Red Gallade
@EeviumZ
@JayTaku
@sSoul
@~Patriot~
@OmnipotentOnion

As a side note; for those of you who are supposed to come in during the second arc, someone did ask me about coming in a bit early and as a form of compromise I did plan out the outline of a concurrent arc. It would happen at around the same time as the current school arc but at another location. The second arc would be where the two groups of myths/legends end up meeting each other.

Give me your thoughts on that and I'll see about giving you guys something to do.

What's this about the government?

@Sky5372 they do have a role, but they shouldn't be showing up yet. Outside the school, there are similar situations of people changing and otherwise causing chaos. The government should be a bit tied up at the moment.

I'll have the fight draw to its conclusion in my next post and the gang with also be showing up. If anyone wants to get a post in before then please do tag me so I can hold off.

@kyuukestu
@Mango137
@DarkHydraT
@Nukas
@Sky5372
@Top_Smug_
@_obsequious
@Cmeriwether
@Shadow_Pup
@Red Gallade
@EeviumZ
@JayTaku
@sSoul
@~Patriot~
@OmnipotentOnion

As a side note; for those of you who are supposed to come in during the second arc, someone did ask me about coming in a bit early and as a form of compromise I did plan out the outline of a concurrent arc. It would happen at around the same time as the current school arc but at another location. The second arc would be where the two groups of myths/legends end up meeting each other.

Give me your thoughts on that and I'll see about giving you guys something to do.
As much as I do enjoy likes they aren't really a very solid way of showing approval :)

For those of you who would join the concurrent arc, then I would like more...written approval so I can know very definitively what I'm working with.