• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Olympians Remix

Been debating on starting this back up. Not sure if I should keep the character I had or make a new one...cause I have a new god in mind. What do you guys think?

For those unaware this roleplay will take place in the Percy Jackson, the books, world. It'll take place AFTER all the events in the books and will probably have no tie to them. Once I see if people are interested I'll put up more details and such.

Last edited:
You have tried numerous times to restart this, that takes some persistence. Every time you try and reboot this, I just know I have to try and hop aboard. I'll certainly be interested in joining in on this.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
You can definitely count me among the interested again as well. I really enjoyed partaking in the previous reboot, even if it was a rather short-lived experience. It'd be nice to revisit my old character from that story and hopefully get the chance to develop him a little more.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I'd be interested, but I'll probably have a completely different character or revisit the idea of a demigod kid of Morpheus'. Maybe bring Lucas back, but not Sora. Sora wasn't really working with me for some reason XD

I'd love to join this yet again! School holidays are coming up, and I've worked out my character (in general)

Question though: will the Roman Gods from the second series be included?

I constantly try to reboot this because I actually have the whole story, and a sequel to it, somewhat worked out. And everytime I read the books I want to try all over again. Problems just always arise.

As for questions yes the Roman Gods will be available. This is taking place after the books so I'm going to imagine, and adjust a bit, and say that both camps are One Camp that is basically New Rome and Half Blood mixed. I'll figure out the description and why.

I still don't know if I should stay with Isaac or a new Demigod who's a son of Bia, the god of force, with cool force field and telekinesis powers.

Mr.RMA

I'd say the sooner the better in my case, since the weekend's coming up, and I have a lot more free time from around now to Monday. If you need to start later than that though, I could probably still manage to respond, it'll just take me a bit longer to post.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I can do any time right now, really, because my workload hasn't changed much XD Though preferably before the middle of October, because I have a lot of midterms then~

Last edited:
Cool so let's get some real quick characters stuff out of the way then we can get started, eh?

DO we want to start at the camp already knowing what's going on or start like new Demigods?

Name: Erin Hartwell
Godly Parent: Bia
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 175 lbs
Eyes: Emerald Green
Hair: Auburn
Skin: Tan
Appearance: Erin has short, swept back, hair. A few freckles dot across his nose and there's always a smile on his face that he's about to cause trouble. He normally wears a white, button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up past his elbows and unbuttoned enough to show some skin, dark blue, fitting jeans, black sneakers. He wears black wrist bands and on his left wrist a watch. He also wears a silver necklace of a sword hanging from his neck
Powers: Create force fields and by extension telekinesis (think like movers from Push). The bigger he moves, the more tiring it is, and his fields take away from his energy as well. So he can maybe deflect A bullet, but not much more right now.
Personality: Erin is a charming troublemaker, easily able to brush things off with a joke or a smile. He doesn't make friends easily, but those he has he keeps next to him and protects.

Name: Anthony (Tony) Grey
Godly Parent: Nyx
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 170 lbs
Eyes: Silverish Grey
Hair: Black
Skin: White
Appearance: Tony has long black hair that falls to his shoulders. He wears a black v-neck t-shirt, Bluejeans and a necklace in the shape of a star. Black sneakers and black leather wristbands finish it.
Powers: Tony gains incredible strength and speed during the night. But is practicaly powerless during the day time and during the new moon.
Personality: Tony is quiet yet sarcastic. He tends to keep to himself unless he is among his friends or others like him.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Doesn't it depend on age? ^^; Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall the books saying something along the lines of the gods having to claim their children by their 13th birthday or something, so I assume that would be around the time the kids join camp. We don't have to go by what the book says, though~

Name: Lucas Trance
Godly Parent: Morpheus
Height: 5'4''
Weight: 120 lbs
Eyes: Greyish blue
Hair: Short, fluffy, so blonde it almost looks white
Skin: Pale
Appearance: Lucas has a strange affinity for his pale grey scarf, which was a parting gift he received from his mom. He also traditionally wears a t-shirt with ripped sleeves, grey khaki-like pants, and white sneakers. Occasionally he might wear a black hooded jacket, but that’s only in extremely cold temperatures. He's also not very well built and has that awkward lanky build of a boy that just hit puberty.
Powers: He can enter other people's dreams while asleep or watch others’ dreams through a mirror he carries around that was a gift from his dad while awake. He's practically useless combat-wise, except as a meat shield.
Personality: Lucas is calm and reserved, but friendly to others. He has a slight Messiah complex, though, and hates seeing other people in pain. Because of this, he'll help anyone, friend or foe, and he absolutely hates fighting. He also tends to zone out and daydream a lot.

Last edited:

Mr.RMA

I believe in one of the stories, Percy had made the Gods promise to claim their children by the time they turned 13, though I feel like there could be ways of working around that. Before, my character initially tried to ignore his powers and heritage and live normally for a while until some incident would eventually force him to go to the camp. Since that incident never really came to pass last time, I wouldn't really mind where we choose to start this time around, since I can pretty easily rework his character history depending on the circumstances.

Name: Cole Caldwell
Godly Parent: Hypnos
Height: 6'2
Weight: 200 lbs
Eyes: Dark Gray
Hair: Black
Skin: Tan
Appearance: Cole has short, fairly well kept hair, and eyes that glow slightly in dark locations; he has a decent muscularity and is basically middle of the road between skinny and corpulent. Most often wears a white dress shirt under a beige sport coat, khaki slacks, and white tennis shoes.
Powers: (Just realized his powers in the previous RP sound eerily like DragonianKing's character's, so I'm gonna change it up a little) He can completely shut off, or "put to sleep", a person's senses of sight, sound, touch and hearing for a limited amount of time by holding up a single finger to his mouth in a hushing motion. If he comes into contact with them in any sort of way, their senses are immediately revived. This takes a lot of energy and concentration to work, enough to usually exhaust Cole to the point of collapsing, and only one person can be targeted at a time. He's able to merely dull a person's senses as well with far less strain, though he's found this more useful as a remedial service to help put people to sleep, rather than a combative technique.
Personality: Having been a particularly cynical child in the past, the constant mythical interaction he is involuntarily subjected to on a daily basis has driven him to develop a case of minor paranoia. This usually drives him to act belligerent around strangers, always suspecting that any new face is after him for one reason or another. Seeing how his suspicions have been justified before, it usually takes a long time for someone to gain his trust. To the few people who are under this category, he’s much calmer and at least a little more talkative. Being a son of Hypnos, he often gets tired throughout the day, which has resorted him to carry around a bunch of energy drinks wherever he goes to stay alert.

Yes in the original 5 books Percy makes the gods promise to claim their kids by the age of 13. HOWEVER in the second series all the characters are 16 and older and haven't had themselves claimed. So I figure it's kinda whatever and I can make in story reasons for that. I just don't like playing 12 cause...it's not that fun for me, is all.

Well, the rule was that the Gods have to acknowledge the existence of their children before they turn 13, it didn't say anything about what happens next. If the child chose not to go to the camp, or the other parent didn't want their child to be part of this extraordinary world. Then they could happily live unknown to their heritage and the sanctuary of Camp Half-Blood, even for the rest of their lives if they're lucky. That was possibly the case with Piper and Leo, and anybody else onwards who still don't know their parent.

In any case, regardless of how we're going to start, I'm going to create my character as a regular camper, just because it's different from how I used to bring in my demigod characters.

Name: Cory O'Malley
Godly Parent: Demeter
Height: 5'7
Weight:180lbs
Eyes: Almond Brown
Hair: Golden Blonde, short, curly hair
Skin: Perpetual farmer tan
Powers: His touch can reinvigorate plants and accelerate their growth, to absurd proportions if he applied enough concentration. True to his mother, this powers work best on crops. He can also fertilise soil when he touches, or even steps on it, fertilising land wherever he walks. He's basically a living fertiliser.
Personality: Very generous and friendly, almost condensing even. He is quick to try and make friends with everyone he meets. He puts so many people ahead of himself, people sometimes wonder if he has his own opinions, because he doesn't tell them otherwise.

Sorry for being so late in posting! Here's my character, and sorry for anything wrong. In a spoiler for length reasons.

Name: Alexander Smith
Godly Parent: Hecate/Trivia
Height: 5'6
Weight: average (I don't know proper weights |D )
Eyes: Dark Green/Brown
Hair: Sandy blonde, slightly curly, often messy
Skin: Pale
Appearance: Alexander's clothes change regularly, as should be normal for any teenager, but the one thing he almost always wears is his trenchcoat. It is several sizes too big, but it was given to him by his father, who was in turn given it by HIS father, who fought in the second world war. The coat is several sizes too big, so he has to turn up the sleeves, but he wears it nonetheless. Alexander is also surprisingly well-defined muscle-wise, due to his step-mother working in a dojo and training him for most of his life.
Powers: Being the son of the three-faced goddess, he himself is split into three 'faces' (if you can call that a power) despite only two having been seen before. The most common 'face' is Alex, the son of Hecate, who has very limited control over magic, only able to make small balls of light and weak shields. Xander, the son of Trivia, is the less common face, who comes out when Alex is in danger. He utilises more offensive magic, such as magic missiles, but without training, he's also bad at it. Xander's powers are stronger at crossroads or in graveyards, as that is where his mother held the most power. Dogs also seem to highly dislike Xander.
Personality: Alex is rather shy, and incredibly polite, and attempts to befriend those he believes aren't jerks. He has a soft spot for cats, and once owned a kitten affectionately named 'Ugly'. Xander, on the other hand, is an arrogant asshole. He believes he is better than everyone, and will go out of his way to prove it. And if shown otherwise, he'll deny it. Xander also has no qualms at all when it comes to hurting people. Something he shares with Alex, however, is his love for cats.
An explanation for the whole MPD thing is because of Hecate's 'three faced goddess' thing. I've always wanted to use it in a character, and the split personality thing was the best way to do it, in my opinion. Also the Heterochromia is just some nice symbolism because I've been spending too much time in english class because I want to.

Holy Crap I'm so sorry everyone. I had planned to get stuff written up and then my internet decided it wanted to leap out a window for a good while. I have a few days off work here soon and I will have at least the intro and we can get underway. Again I apologize profusely

Way I see it I have four kids who are new to camp and then Brendan and I. Is this ok or does anyone else want to be from the camp, which is different than in the books.