• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Official Pokecharms Emerald Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1st, 2005.

The US Emerald release date.

With some already playing their Emerald games as I type this, and others awaiting store openings, while others wait to go to said stores, I can gladly say that this is one of the best days in my life EVAR. The same anticipation that coursed through my veins as I stood in line to purchase Sapphire, Colosseum, and later on Leaf Green is running through them again.

Whether it be the Battle Frontier, new storyline, new Secret Base furniture, or just the fact that now you don't have to bribe your little sibling to give you Groudon/Kyogre, I'm sure everyone who preordered Emerald is as excited as I am, possibly even more.

Me with teh game ^___^
Named my charrie Xelha, after the leading lady of Baten Kaitos.
Mum's always so worried about me....
Notice the change in the town name display....you probably can't thanks to my crappy webcam
A quick save ^_____^
My rival's mommy greets me. -^^-
Spotted! =O
Conversing with the enemy...
You can't rename your rival this time around.....:(
Ha ha, Birch is being attacked by a Zigzagoon. Loser. :p
Like last time, I chose Treecko as my starter but got all three starters prior to starting my main game
Jeebus, everyone seems to know my name!
Whee! I got my Treecko! Although I didn't get a chance to capture it, I named it Amazon
I would have answered no, but I wanted to be nice...

And that's all for now. Expect more later ;)

Indeed, it is a good day. Mostly because I managed to fill in all the Emerald entries into this. (Of course, don't read 'em if you like to be surprised when you catch/evolve a new Pokemon.)

Have a good time with the games, everyone!

(Of course, Katie didn't have the money to get the game, since she needs it for my prize. :wink: )

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
*moans about Europe*

Pour Chimecho:

Emerald
They fly about very actively when the hot
season arrives. The communicate among
themselves using seven different and
distinguishing cries.

.... Anyone ever tried picking one up in Ruby during Groudon's drought? Just a thought...

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
*joins Dr Oak in moaning about Europe*

Most of the import stores I know of won't handle Nintendo stuff because Nintendo have actually sued shops before for selling stuff outside the "right" region. Then, most of the small places that don't care about the risk of being sued won't carry Pokemon stuff because they think only kids will buy it, and kids won't have the money to buy something on import. I know one place in London that got Fire Red & Leaf Green, but they wanted £38 for it - or US $70. (They're quite a good shop apart from that, and not usually overpriced - except on things where they think they *can* overprice because the people who'll want it are obsessive fans :evil:).

And to make matters worse, I went into the import shop in Kingston yesterday and asked them about Emerald, and they hadn't even heard of it :shock:. Once I explained it came out yesterday in NorAm and we're not getting it until November, they said "oh, we should probably try to get it then". So I have to ring them back tomorrow.

I wont be getting emerald until May14 because thats when I'll have money and there's this little brat at school that has it. I'm so impatient but it gives me something to look forward to and keeps my excitment level up. I heard about this guy who got to the elite four in a day with 50's and 55's is that even possiable how can someone do that in a day

By using the same team the whole way through, and probably trading from Ruby/Sapphire/FireRed/LeafGreen/Colosseum. It usually takes me between 100 and 200 hours to reach the Elite Four, which gives me a lot more play for my pay. Sucks to be him. :D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
QuagsireQing said:
(Of course, Katie didn't have the money to get the game, since she needs it for my prize. :wink: )

Ah... hahah... *ahem* Don't worry. If I can get to the post office in the next week it'll be on its way :p

Anyways... Yay for Emerald! Seeing the new intro brought a tear to my eye... Especially because of the little Torchic falling on its face ;)

I still need to finish breeding Natu on Ruby before I can officially head out on my journey but so far I'm loving all the new stuff. The new Computer Box wallpapers are purrrdy (yes, I notice stuff like that), and it's cool that they're displaying item pics now like in FR/LG. The animations are also great - just long enough to add something to the sprites but not make the battles drag.

I'm gonna enjoy rebattling the Gym Leaders :twisted:

It's good to be back in Hoenn, isn't it? Especially with all the FRLG upgrades (am I ever glad to be rid of that horrid old font). I appreciate all the little changes they've made (replacing Machoke with Vigoroth, Poochyena with Zigzagoon, swapping Trainers around), and am excited to getting to the juicy bits. I've already met up with Scott for the first time, and my progress looks like this:

Player: Emeril
Pokédex: Seen 12, Own 8
Badges: 0
Time: 2:44
Current Team: Seedot, Wurmple, Ralts, Zigzagoon, Wingull, Lotad

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
... In the words of Charlie Brown: Rats! >.>

Emerald is pulling an FR/LG (surprise, surprise). At the moment it won't let me trade with FR/LG or trade eggs over from Ruby. I assume it won't until I beat the Elite 4 and get the extended PokeDex like in FR/LG. Yay...?

Actually, it pissed me off for about a half hour but then the anger fizzled out. I traded over my Mirror Coat Mudkip with a Macho Brace in tow, and caught me a Ralts (haven't trained one before). Not counting Swampert, I've decided to train only Pokemon I haven't used this Gen. The big problem with my plan, though, is that I've pretty much trained all the Hoenn-types! Still, I should be able to find some decent team mate. As of now I'm only training three: my traded Marshtomp, Kirlia, and Gloom. Planning to catch a Torkoal as soon as I leave Verdanturf.

Anyone tried the Battle Tent events yet? The Verdanturf one sounds really cool. Too bad my team is between levels 24-25 and if I raise Marshtomp past 30 he'll start acting like a brat again :?

Current Progress:
Badges: 3
Battles: 71
PokeDex: 54 Seen, 12 Own (Not focusing on it at all)
Play time: 10:35 (I bet two hours of that was spent catching a Ralts that didn't have an Sp. Att. down nature. 3rd time was the charm x.x)

Whee! Each time I think Emerald is turning out the same as R/S it throws something new into the mix ^^

I, too, tried sending in all my Pokémon from Box, but I read in the instruction manual, that if you're not the original trainer, you can't bring in anything until your Pokédex is up to 100 Owned, and even then only if they're in the Hoenn Dex. I thought I might be able to bring in Kanto/Orre Pokémon for a new, unique experience, but it looks like I'll be fighting with the ol' Hoenn gang again. :?

Emeril's Location: Rustboro City
Pokédex: Seen 16, Own 13
Pokémon: Ralts, Lotad, Wingull, Cascoon, Zigzagoon, Seedot
Time: 3:48

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Linkachu said:
Ralts (haven't trained one before).

That's truely surprising. I would have thought most people at some point had picked one up in R/S before heading to Brawly's gym. It's a highly logical choice afterall.

And no, I don't have anything else to contribute. :-p Stupid Europe..

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
Linkachu said:
Ralts (haven't trained one before).

That's truely surprising. I would have thought most people at some point had picked one up in R/S before heading to Brawly's gym. It's a highly logical choice afterall.

Chances are I've usually had a Flying-type or a hatched Pokemon to take on Brawley so its just never come up before. I was waiting to train a Ralts with Magical Lead bred on it, but since I needed something to train for now I decided to scratch that idea and train one now. Might go back to breed it later on. Might not. We'll see.

Okay, I've had the game since Sunday, but I just didn't think to post here. My status:

Player: Jeff
Time: 20:43
Pokedex: 32 owned, 150 seen

Team:

El Trike (Manectric, lv. 56, female) @ Smoke Ball
Thunderbolt, Bite, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack

Drago Guy (Rayquaza, level 71) @ Blackglasses
Dragon Claw, Crunch, Extremespeed, Fly

Losperado (Ludicolo, level 57, female) @ Miracle Seed
Surf, Ice Beam, Waterfall, Giga Drain

Bonzai (Golem, level 56, female) @ Soft Sand
Earthquake, Rock Blast, Rock Smash, Strength

Psy Kick (Gardevoir, level 57, male) @ Quick Claw
Psychic, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind, Flash (>_

Wow, Blue, you've really gone nuts with this game, eh? I've progressed almost as much as you, of course:

Emeril's Location: Rustboro City Pokémon Center
Pokédex: Seen 22, Own 17
Pokémon: Shiny Poochyena, Marill, Ralts, Zigzagoon, Beautifly, Wingull
Time: 11:23
Badges: 1

My first shiny, and so early, w00t! :twisted:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hah! TBA has played a bit over 2 hours more than me, yet he's much, much further. I blame Ralts and the Battle Tents being damn addictive :p

Pokédex: Seen 82, Own 17
Team: Gardevoir, Gloom, Mashtomp, Torkoal
Time: 18:06
Badges: 5
Current Quest: Enter New Mauville to catch a Magnemite :)

Even after all the tall grass-time I've put in, no shinies for me :cry:

Heheheh... I've been playing the game nonstop. Although... I don't know how I got through the game so much fasterthan the rest of you...

My team is basically the same, but there are a few new additions to my Pokedex... Groudon, Kyogre, Sudowoodo (wewt) and Smeargle (double-wewt)!

Have you headed back to the Safari Zone? A new area will be opened up for you to catch more wewty Pokémon. And don't forget your Johto starter from Birch! (But by the way your Pokédexes are progressing, maybe that's a little ahead of you guys. :p )

Not yet, but I plan to. Next on my list is to go get the other fossil and catch me a Ditto. Then the Safari Zone, then I'll go around and start catching things more. Then I may train a Claydol just for the heck of it. Although I did find from a guy in the Battle Frontier that my Gardevoir has impressive IVs and its best one is Sp. Atk. I really got lucky there...

Um... Let's see. I'm also going to get a Jirachi from the bonus disc, then I'm probably going to rechallenge some of the Gym Leaders - I've already faced Mossdeep Gym and Sootopolis Gym a second time.

Not necessarily in that order, though.

Well I just got emerald today thank god I don't have till next saturday

Currently have:
Ralts lv.8
Mudkipl v.9
lotad lv.9

gym badges none. I'm currently in petalburg woods and encountered Scott for the first time.

My Pokedex is now up to 49 caught. Heheh. I went through and caught a Ditto under the desert, resurrected both fossils, then went crazy in the Safari Zone. With the amount of Pikachus I caught, I'm on my way to a Pichu with Volt Tackle. Fun.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"QuagsireQing said:
And don"]

I'm gonna leave my Dex for now and focus on it after I get bored of the Battle Frontier ;) It'd also be easier to fill it after I pick up the guide. I can't be bothered going online for locations or running around aimlessly in hopes of finding every last one of the critters.

Anyways, haven't advanced much aside from completing New Mauville, catching a bunch of Magnemite and choosing the best one, raising its level to match my other Pokemon (it evolved in the process), surfing around the Slateport/Dewford water path, battling trainers, picking up items, and scouring the abandoned ship. Whee!

I am now officially the proud owner of one Pichu with the move Volt Tackle. It's too bad, really, that Pikachu's line really sucks to battle with... If only Volt Tackle could be learned by, say, Electrike, Mareep, or Magnemite. It'd even fit on Voltorb, suicidal Pokemon that it is.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Electrode... over Raichu!? You will burn for that remark :twisted:

Raichu has its faults, but I'd still choose it over Magneton (who has too many weaknesses to commonly used types for my liking) or Electrode! Manectric and Electabuzz on the other hand... ^^;

Well, I have a thing for Magneton because I just think they're cool in general. I agree with you on Electabuzz, though. And I've used Electrode before and I really like it, what with the blinding speed, but it's just too fragile.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Questeeon!

To get one of the Johto starters from Birch, do you need Jirachi and Deoxys in your Dex or just all the non-promotional catchable Pokemon?

I'm thinking legendaries will end up a lot less special in the next generation. Anyone with a cheating device can make real-looking cheated Deoxys and Lugia, etc..., then trade them off to unsuspecting victims.

At least there's a legal way to get them ingame now, as opposed to the earlier generations' Mew and Celebi, at least in the US. I might have to cheat for the tickets to the islands, because I'm sure as heck not getting to New York, but at least I can get them semi-legally.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
[quote name='"QuagsireQing"]I'm thinking legendaries will end up a lot less special in the next generation. Anyone with a cheating device can make real-looking cheated Deoxys and Lugia' date=' etc..., then trade them off to unsuspecting victims.[/quote']

Well, right now there arn't any cheating devices for the DS at all. The Max Duo Action Replay only does cheats for GBA. Now, that may be because of games - but the PSP has an Action Replay now... and it only has about 3 more games than the DS does.

No doubt however, that when D/P comes out there'll be a rush for cheat devices especially for them.

And it's a pity really, though I openly use my Action Replay in Gen 3 for stuff like money or getting Pokemon I simply cannot get in my versions, I don't use it for 'malicious' means. And with D/P online - there's going to be far too many people who will do that. =/

Anyways, off topic. ^^

I beat the league yesterday evening.Right now I'm training my teddiursa. This is my plan I'm going to train it to 57 like my others then train my todadile to a 57 and then there all going to 60. The redoing of the gym leaders will get me higher so they all might be around 62-65

currently have:
Ludicolo lv.57
Gardevoir lv.57
Swampert lv.57
Teddiursa lv.40
Todadille lv.5(not in emerald yet)

I'm not touching the battle frontier until everyone's 60

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, while I haven't reached the Safari Zone yet I've got my sixth Pokemon chosen: Pinsir. I've never, ever trained one before. The fact that it learns no Bug moves but Fury Cutter kinda sucks (while Heracross can learn Mega Horn) but I'll give it a chance. It'll also give me my Ground resistance and allow me to feel less paranoid evolving Gloom into Vileplume (yep, I'm going for it. I like the power over defences). Should be amusing ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
But you play through in a crazy way compared to me. It always takes longer :p

I actually haven't been playing the game much at all over the past few days. Not really sure why either...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Double post, but its been almost a month since my last reply ;)

It has taken over a month to get here (mainly due to me ignoring the game to play Chrono Trigger or watch Buffy) but I've finally reached the Elite 4! :D

Since I like comparing my levels before and after the League my current team looks like this:

Pinsir - Level 44
Torkoal - Level 44
Swampert - Level 45
Vileplume - Level 44
Magneton - Level 44
Gardevior - Level 42 (He got left out for Victory Road :()

And here I go! ^_^

EDIT:
Annnnnnnnd it's over! Teh Elite is toasted ^^

The levels of my team now look like:

Pinsir - Level 45
Torkoal - Level 45
Swampert - Level 49 (But he's traded)
Vileplume - Level 44
Magneton - Level 45
Gardevior - Level 43

Time to see what the Battle Frontier's all about. And, since I've got it handy, you get to be bored with the running Commentary of my challenge! (Guest starring Doctor Oak as "Alex")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katie - I've got a job! ... I hope ^^; says:
Who dares interupt me while I kick Sidney's ass? ;p
Alex: Burn the Planet and use it's ashes to feed the Magpies - then kill them and feed their corpses to the Sun. says:
The 0wner of your S0ul
Give me a bit Mr. Owner sir
I'm playing on the Gameboy Player
Tis fun ^^
Alex: Burn the Planet and use it's ashes to feed the Magpies - then kill them and feed their corpses to the Sun. says:
just watched Pikachu's Pikaboo for the first time
^^
lol
the shorts are great
What'd you think>?
if they did a whole series of them, i'd be happy
as long as they were of that quality
Yeah, they're all pretty great. The only one I don't care about is the Camp Pikachu short
which i'm queued for now
it has the Pichu Bros!
And Volbeat! ^^
But it just can't seem to keep my attention
Bayleef was hardly in pikaboo
that suxed
And its not in the next one at all
awww
and Togepi's in all the fuckers!
Guess it's not "cute enough" anymore ;p
hmm
guess not
Bah... Togepi x.x
was there one for movies six or seven?
Sixth yes
The best one! ^_____^
Gotta Dance pwnz all
Anyways, BBL
Wanna beat this once and for all
Dusclops just EQ'd my Magneton x.x
x.x
1 hit KO
Bah
poor Magneton
mine knows how you feel
flugging Agatha
Poor non-levitating Magneton
not having levitate on Magneton is a peice of idioticy
boooooooooored
how are you doing?
Walrein killed Buffy
She's always dying
doesn't normally stop her
lol
Yeah. Thankfully we can bring her back again and again
I've beaten Sealeo, Walrein, and a Glalie
Wally?
(I know it's Wallace, that's not a typo)
Actually, no
The Ice woman
Glacia
whee, two trainers of the same type
daft designers
I agree
And bloody hell I've been frozen twice in a row now x.x
makes the E4 a thousand times easier though
R/S's E4 is the most evil of them all
I agree
And I just heard the 2nd Glalie fall
Whee
I used FT and walked away XD
Drake time
Btw - Buffy's my Pinsir
BOOOOOOOOOOORED
kill yer dragons already
Kingdra's a meanie
I'm on Flygon
Just Salamence left after
Dragons are evail
Flygon went bye-bye
The bitch KO'd my Swampert with a critical EQ
So I revived it for revenge ;p
My team has one big flaw
Three of 'em are weak against Fire attacls
you're obsessed with EQ?
*attacks
I don't even have EQ yet
let's see, Tropius, Pinser
who's the third?
I don't have Tropius ^^
Vileplume and Magneton
Vileplume?
I had one of those in FR before I got Bayleef
It's pretty much the only Grass-type I haven't trained in R/S
damn thing is that Vileplume > Bayleef
And I wanted it over Bellossom
Well, time to freeze Salamence
Wheeeee...
A Grass/Rock type would be good
Swampert is my only anti-dragon Pokemon
You be Cradily?
*mean
ok
a GOOD Grass/Rock type
XD
It actually does have good stats
Just shit moves
and looks like shit too
Agreed
Grass/Steel would work too
Anyways, bbs
despite being uber-weak to Fire, it'd have better stats and stronger defenses in general
dunno what kinda fucked up creature would be a mix of grass and steel though
o.O
Mwah!
Wallace time
Magneton will pwn him/her/it
Watch something unexpectedly have EQ ;p
I don't think most water types can learn EQ
Not most, but some
Well, here I go! XD
Magneton was taken out in one hit not by EQ, but by Gyarados' Surf x.X
XD
It also Hyper Beamed my Gardie...
I hates it ;p
it's only a Gyarados
killz it!
Not really sure what'll get the job done. But oh well... Time for Buffy! XD
Pinser?
against a Gyarados?
Scratch that
Vileplume.
Buffy loves fighting tough opponents
you're daaaamn slooow
i'm gettttting boooooooored
I wish I had Emerald
Battle Frontier would be fun
BTW
On June 24 the finished game arrives in Europe (three months ahead of America) as Another Code: Two Memories
we get the first proper DS game before you
^^
Bah
And I'm going as fast as I normally would at this point
*Sniffles* I want EQ
I hate how they keep hanging on by 1 HP or so ;p
I think the E4 is actually specifically programmed to do that
I hope you're kidding x.x
they're the most flukey trainers in the entire game
Mwahaha! XD
I healed, he healed Milotic, I used Mirror Coat - I HKO ^^
Not I ;p
lol
I wish my Wave Bird wasn't broken
It'd be a lot easier than getting up from the PC every time ;p
you could just play it on your SP or DS
In the middle now
Couldn't ruin the moment
Daaaaaaaamn
So far the one to give me the most trouble was... Tentacruel o.O
That's just wrong
lol
Down to his last Pokemon
Wishcash
gah
Too bad my Vileplume's KO'd
revive it
Might not have to
Its up against Swampert
ooooh

the two water/ground types bitch-slap it out!
does Wishcash have water absorb?
nope
surf iiit
*has a Brock moment*
OH NO! WISCASH CAN KNOW FISSURE!! ASH, WATCH OUT!
^^
This is basically what happened... I started off with Surf, it used Amnesia twice, and the rest of the battle was fought with Mud Shot ;p
And of course he healed at one point
Bah!
you should have kept with surf
It wasn't doing much to begin with
Oh well
Beaten ^^
You Teh Winnar?
Yesh
Yay

*throws a bag of uncooked rice at your head and knocks you out*
XD
maybe now you can
HURRY UP AND GO TO THE FUCKING BATTLE FRONTIER!
^^
Let's hope
And now for my lovely ending
*never seen Emerald's ending*
Well, how do you like that. I'm the new Champ and Brich disses my pathetic PokeDex ;p

A

Anonymous

Does anyone have shiny codes for action replay for pkm leaf green or emerald!!!!!!?????? :?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Anonymous said:
Does anyone have shiny codes for action replay for pkm leaf green or emerald!!!!!!?????? :?

And I quote Doctor Oak: "No specific asking for Cheat Codes and no randomly posting them. Thanks. ^^

Why? Because that's what Gamefaqs is for."

He's right. If you want codes like that www.gamefaqs.com is the site you should be checking out.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I'm reviving this because obviously I got Emerald for Xymass and so all of you will OBVIOUSLY have to get back into it. ^^

Here's what i've got so far:

Playtime: 3:52
Badges: 1
Pokedex: 9
Pokemon:

Lv20 Taillow
Lv16 Shroomish
Lv11 Marill
Lv19 Combusken
Lv7 Abra

And entertainingly, i'm more or less exactly as far in the game as the Hoenn RP has gotten to. ^^ I dunno if that's a good or a bad thing on either side though....lol.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Santa Oak said:
And entertainingly, i'm more or less exactly as far in the game as the Hoenn RP has gotten to. ^^ I dunno if that's a good or a bad thing on either side though....lol.

Sssh! We don't like to talk about that around others... *shifty eyes*

I really do need to get back into Emerald. There's still tons of stuff left for me to complete in it. I basically just went straight to the Battle Frontier after the Elite 4 and skipped everything else. Although... I'm mighty tempted to just restart Emerald and then complete everything then ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.