• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Official Okay for DS Online? Heck yeah!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks to the guys at Pixelized Online for bringing this quote to my attention. It's from a IGN interview with Reggie Fils-Aime (REGGIEEEE!):

Reggie: About DS wireless Internet play. Yes, we're going to be making announcements about that tomorrow. And there's going to be a lot of activity that we'll be sharing now through E3 and to the end of this year. We'll be launching wireless enabled games on DS this year. Could that framework be compatible with Revolution? Certainly it could. We'll be talking more about that, again both tomorrow and at E3. But it's very important for your community out there to understand that we see the potential for Internet play for all of our platforms to be a huge opportunity and something that we're going to be driving very aggressively.

Tomorrow, eh? I can barely wait to hear the answer. I know a lot of people see no purpose in online gaming but I personally see it as simply another opportunity for Nintento to strut their stuff. Heck no do I want a full online Pokemon game (although I would buy/play it...) but online battling/trading? Sign me up! :twisted:

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Online trading would SO rock. I could give people all my spare Feebases, and they could give me a female Totodile :D.

So, erm, who is this Reggie guy, anyway?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
w00t! Seems that Nintendo has finally officialized it! Online DS is a reality folks :D

And guess what their first planned online game is? Not Pokemon D/P, but something almost just as good ('least for me) - Animal Crossing! I want it, I want it, I want it! ^___^

AC was awesome enough offline, but online you'll be able to trade stuff easier than ever. Can't wait to get my hands on that game :twisted: