• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Nuzlocke Challenge! Pokemon Hardmode!

Make sure to over train and get a flying type. Dustox actually works pretty well when it has enough HP to resist some hits. Status is really handy.

I've had a really bad day today... First off, Ocelot died. The ironic part is that just before it died I was going like: "Hmm, if I had to pick one pokemon that would have to die it'd be Ocelot". Of course what I meant was that if one of my pokes HAD to die, I'd want it to be Ocelot. Not that I wanted Ocelot to die. Apparently someone up there got something wrong...

So I search for a replacement. Belize the Exeggcute was picked, as my team has a weakness towards water. But what happens? While training an enemy Grimer goes "psychic may be strong against poison but it doesn't mean poison is weak against psychic!" And the motherfu*ker Sludges poor Belize to death.

I had seven different pokes that I couldn't choose from to fill up the gap, so I ordered my friend to pick a number from one to seven. He picked five, thus letting Sauria the Rhyhorn onto my time. I was training against the bird keepers on route... Is it 14? East of Fuchsia? Anyway, Sauria was low on HP, so I decide to switch him out. What happens? Hum di dum di dum~ PURSUIT! And so Sauria was a goner as well.

But it doesn't end there. Bronx the Krabby was up next, after being picked by the roll of a dice (I had six options left). I was training him against a hiker, whose Graveler miraculously survived Bronx's Surf. Bronx was a bit low on HP, but I remembered that rock type attacks were weak against water. To put it briefly, they weren't.

Currently Hades the Ghastly is occupying that open spot, but we'll see how he makes it...

Thepokemontrainer said:
I could never do this! What if Level 87 shiny dragonite dies :'(
The idea is to not take old pokemon saves but start a new one.

If your lucky enough to get a shiny in there you better guard it :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I've beaten all the gyms. My team is the same with only a difference of levels and move sets. I am in the champion room talking to Carl( My rival). Here goes the final battle! 8D

EDIT:
I BEAT THE NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE!
Here is my final team:
lgsurvivors.png

FredFred the Venusaur
Weegee the Lapras
Mr. Mittens the Persian
and
Columbo the Snorlax.

But, it couldn't of happened without these great warriors...
lgdeceased.png

In order of Death:
Nickles the Nidoran(Female)
Butters the Butterfree
Mafia the Primeape
Pip the Pidgeot
and ... my favorite team member from this run..
ColMustard the Sandslash.

Nickles helped me wipeout team rockets and randm trainers in Mt. Moon, before that last rocket member got her.
Butters was destroying Carl's team on Nugget Bridge, before his hacked level 17 Pidgeotto got a critical.
Mafia was owning his pokemon in lavender tower, but his Gyarados got a critical with the move Thrash....
Pip was battling Carl's Pidgeot in the Pokemon League, but got critical'd.... Avenged by Weegee.
ColMustard was "On Mustard's Last Stand" I said to my friend when i sent him out to battle Carl's Charizard... It was his last stand, as a fire blast + Critical hit .. killed him. May you all rest in peace, Pokemon buds. I finally defeated the Nuzlocke Challenge.

Progress! Sorry I havn't posted in a while. I've just defeated Roxanne with ease. Yamori pwnz ;D. No deaths so far. Current team:

emesprani253.gif
emesprani261.gif
emesprani276.gif

Yamori the Grovyle lvl 16
Billy the Poochyena lvl 13
Volans the Taillow lvl 14

That is all.

Going to face Byron, took out Maylene and Wake since my last update. Beat my rival twice, and took a trip threw Iron Island. Got two new team members and a few evo's since my last update, but thankfully no deaths.

Team:
Alpha male Infernape
Beta female Snorlax
Espilion male Drifblim
Deka female Luxray

and introducing
Onicron male Hippowdon
Omega female Riolu (who I'm going to grind until she's up to snuff)

Battle ready but in PC:
Delta the P3
and Rho the Steelix (if trading to get Delta and Rho to evolve is illegal tell me now and I won't use them)

Attachments

• 395.gif
    395.gif
    92.1 KB · Views: 261
i've decided to take up the nuzlocke challenge- on every region but Isshu (for now...) i'm on SoulSilver, with 3 badges.
My team:
Harvey- Croconaw Lvl 24
Hariett- Noctowl Lvl 21
Wrigley- Arbok Lvl 22
Egg- Togetic Lvl21
Mini- Sunflora Lvl20
Bif- Scyther Lvl 19.

In the PC:
Greg- Gastly
Riley- Raticate
Will- Weedle
Cheerio- Skiploom
Nickles2- Nidorina
Dimes- Nidorino

I just arrived in Ecruteak, and decided to post on the thread while im in the pokecenter

Thanks....another quick question. I remeber someone saying there playing Red. Does that mean Missingno is a choice for their team? I origanal glitch...which if you level it up it evolves into a Kangaskhan that knows Sky Attack....ah the glitches/hacks of Red and Blue that you could do without using a cheating device...good times good times.

Updates time! Just defeated Brawley, easily. Volans did it all by himself. Training in grass above Slateport. However, bad news afoot. I've had to start my graveyard earlier than expected...

Current Team:

emesprani253.gif
emesprani276.gif
emesprani302.gif

Yamori the male Grovyle lvl 21
Volans the male Taillow lvl 19
Ombra the female Sableye lvl 19

Deaths...*sniff*:

emesprani261.gif

Billy the male Poochyena lvl 14- Wild Makuhita, lucky crit...

That is all.

A LOT has happened since my last update... got my first three deaths (D:)
Rest in Peace:
Mr. Crabs-Krabby
Hariett- Noctowl (Stupid Morty...)
and
Mini- Sunflora

My team has gotten stronger, and a bit more type-diverse.. Mini helped with Pryce's Seel and almost finished Piloswine, Harvey evolved back after Jasmine so he took care of Piloswine, and Wrigley the Arbok got Dewgong. Following Hariett's death, I decided to evolve Egg again (got the shiny stone from PBR) and taught him fly. Before i go save the radio tower i need to train my pokemon A lot.
Team:
ssteam.png

Harvey- Feraligatr Lvl 38
Egg- Togekiss Lvl 37
Wrigley- Arbok Lvl 33
Mary- Flaaffy Lvl 25
Geoffery- Girafarig Lvl 21
Missy- Misdreavus Lvl 20

PC Pokeys:
Greg- Haunter
Riley- Raticate
Will- Beedrill
Frogger- Poliwhirl
Nickles2- Nidorina
Dimes- Nidorino
Red- Tauros
Bif- Scyther (Considering bringing him back)
Cheerio- Jumpluff
Zappo- Electrode
Rock- Onix (The most unclever name of all time. All time)

Update time! A VERY productive chapter! To start, I beat May in what was very much a team effort. Yamori took out Wailmer, Volans beat Combusken, and Ombra bested Shroomish. Good work, minions! Secondly, after quite a bit of grinding, VOLANS EVOLVED!!! Yeah, he's now Volans the male Swellow! And lastly, and most importantly, [glow=red,2,300]POKERUS[/glow]!!!!! My minions got the Pokerus! Epicness! My luck has been decent throughout this campagn, but I never even DREAMED this! Yeah, bring it on, Watson!

Current Team:

emesprani253.gif
emesprani277.gif
emesprani302.gif

Yamori the male Grovyle lvl 25
Volans the male Swellow lvl 24
Ombra the female Sableye lvl 23

I really need to get a new team member! I have one in mind, but I have to beat Watson first.

Deaths...*sniff*:

Billy the male Poochyena lvl 14- Wild Makuhita, lucky crit...

That is all.

P.S. Xxllo2, how did you get those pics?

Luckii said:
xxllo2 said:
@Luckii: The Pokedex here on Pokecharms. 8D
Thanks, bud. Yet I am wondering, WHY DID YOU NOT COMMENT ON MY POKERUS!? >:( ;D ;) 8)
I was a bit busy, sorry xP
I remember when i played my Ruby for the first time, I tried for days to get Pokerus, but didnt. Have fun with the disease 8D
Anyways, Small updates: Mary has evolved into Ampharos, and I have the Dusk Stone to evolve Misdreavus when it's at level 30-ish.

Snortale said:
Thanks....another quick question. I remeber someone saying there playing Red. Does that mean Missingno is a choice for their team? I origanal glitch...which if you level it up it evolves into a Kangaskhan that knows Sky Attack....ah the glitches/hacks of Red and Blue that you could do without using a cheating device...good times good times.
Actually catching missingno can be dangerous for your game's sanity levels. But using it for the item bug, well if you want the easy way out if it I guess it would be ok.

Just started the Nuzlocke Challenge on Diamond, my player's name is Diamond, and my rival's is Pearl. (Uncreativity For the win!) :p
Anyway, sofar I only have my starter, a Turtwig that goes by the name of Mr. Fail.Me and Mr. Fail are going to own Roark and get some new friends. Kthxbai.

Thepokemontrainer said:
This is fun! Current team:
Bulbasaur level 10
Pigey level 6
Caterpie level 5
Rattata level 8
Remember to nickname every pokemon you catch! :D

I have updates!
-Mary evolved
-I killed Team Rocket, CarlJr. nearly took Egg's life, and I started my way to Blackthorn.
-I caught Fluffy the male Swinub in Ice path, and trained him up with my team levels. He evolved, and I used one of my HeartScales to evolve fluffy again for Clair. Missy evolved, and I beat the crap out of Clair.

I'm on my way to the Pokemon league.

Team:
ssteamd.png

Harvey- Feraligatr Lvl 47
Mary- Ampharos Lvl45
Fluffy-Mamoswine Lvl43
Geoffery-Girafarig Lvl41
Missy- Mismagius Lvl41
PipJr.- Pidgey Lvl 11

A

Anonymous

I just started my challenge on emerald here are my pokemon
images
level 14
images
level 20

DEATHS:
images
level 8
images
level 12
I didnt want treecko anyway... More updates later

Up-up-up-up updates! Good lord, Watsons hard! Same as ever. Volans was obviously useless, so Yamori & Ombra took him out. I actually beat Magneton using Quick Attack. Smooth. Hammered the Winsrate family, trained up a little, now I'm on my way to Fallabor.

Current Team:

253.png
277.png
218.png
302.png

Yamori the male Grovyle lvl 29
Volans the male Swellow lvl 28
Fuego the male Slugma lvl 27
Ombra the female Sableye lvl 27

Anyone noticing a pattern in the nicknames?

Deaths...*sniff*:

Billy the male Poochyena lvl 14

In da box:

SLAVE the male Zigzagoon lvl 2 (For slaving reasons)

'Tis all.

I can't seem to find a pattern at least... Anyone else wanna guess before he tells us? :)

As suspected, the Lord of the Underworld bit the dust. Ocelot must've been cursed. It's Harry's Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher(s) all over again -.-;

Ganon the Snorlax is filling up that spot now, and I doubt he'll be leaving anytime soon. I didn't really want him on the team, it just sort of happened :/ (on the name: I'd always named my Snorlaxes Lasse after a friend of mine (he does remind of a Snorlax - both in the sense of attitude and body shape ^^;), so I just figured I wanted some change. Don't know how Ganon popped up though...)

Current Team

Spr_4d_388.png

Spr_4d_396_f.png

Spr_3e_063.gif

Spr_3e_074.gif

Mr. Fail: Grotle, Level 18
Mrs. Fail: Starly, Level 6
Kazza: Abra, Level 5
Rocky: Geodude, Level 9

Badges:1

Progress: Heading to Floaroma town, Training most of my lower level members of the team.

New update. Just got out of the Meteor Falls. I also won a couple of contests with Volans. 2 ribbons now ;D! Training verious stuffz in the grass near Lannette's house. Another death >:(. Sorry it wasn't an eventful chapter, just wanted to keep up the story! :(

Current Team:

253.png
277.png
322.png
302.png

Yamori the male Grovyle lvl 32
Volans the male Swellow lvl 30
Kuh the female Numel lvl 31
Ombra the female Saybleye lvl 29

Come on, can no-one get it? :(

Deaths...*sniff*:

Billy the male Poochyena lvl 14
Fuego the male Slugma lvl 27 - Accidently sent him out against a Wailmer... Didn't end well.

In da box:

Slave the male slave lvl 2 (Zigzagoon)

That's all, folks!

Here is the current Platinum team:

NuzlockeTeam070910-1.jpg

- The all mighty Kazza the Alakazam, its actually my first time raising an abra all the way to alakazam. Im usually turned off by the lack of attack for 13 levels or so.
- Atlas the Golem, havent raised a Golem since my original blue game. I usually go for Onix for my rock type.
- Rhada the awesome female Monferno. Usual starter goodness, Taunting Cascoons is fun.
- Hubble the Bibarel. Actually not a full HM slave for now, he won me the first badge with his Simple+Defence Curl goodness. Oh and Rock Smash.
- Edison the Luxio, typical Lux family member, charge and spark all the way to the bank.
- Fluke the Drifloon. Tanky ghost that ive always loved, I was so happy when I noticed it was friday when I got to the Windworks on nthis third playthrough attempt.

Currently all in the 20s, just hit Hearthome city. One casualty, Starscream the Staravia, befallen to a bide using Pachirisu.

The Bide used Pachirisu? O.o (sorry, I just had to. I blame my english teacher)

I'm a bit surprised that you have Alakazam and Golem so early on. I don't know if it's just me who's sick or if the fault is somewhere else, but I would've kept them as Kadabra and Graveler. My excuse is they take less exp to level up, but that's up to your own personal taste, I guess.

Weeds said:

I'm a bit surprised that you have Alakazam and Golem so early on. I don't know if it's just me who's sick or if the fault is somewhere else, but I would've kept them as Kadabra and Graveler. My excuse is they take less exp to level up, but that's up to your own personal taste, I guess.
I believe you made a reading mistake, he said" befallen to a bide using Pachirisu", with perfect Grammar.

xxllo2 said:
Weeds said:

I believe you made a reading mistake, he said" befallen to a bide using Pachirisu", with perfect Grammar.
She may have understood it better if you said "bide-using" instead of "bide using". Not saying it's wrong, or owt. Just helping! ;D

You get the meaning of what I said and thats what matters. Also I evolved them both because of the raw stats, I find it makes up for the slightly slower training.

This sounds darn rite challenging but im doing it .
Guys , just started a new game on Pokemon Sapphire .
Current Pokemon Team (CPT) :

1. Treecko lv. 6

This is gonna take a LONG time . xD

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Doing this on Emerald, just got past the Aqua Grunt that stole Mr. Briney's Wingull

I'm down three pokemon so far :(
Poochyena to an early trainer with two lucky critical hits
Zigzagoon to a wild Poochyena I couldn't run away from and also managed a critical
and another Poochyena to the first battle with an Aqua Grunt in the Petalburg woods

My team currently consists of a Shroomish, Beautifly, Marill, Mudkip and two Whismur named Leeroy and Jenkins.
I think I'm really going to enjoy this run :D

Just a reminder, you can only catch the first pokemon you find of each route. If you defeat it, already have one, etc., you're done catching with that route.

Anyways, I beat the Johto run. Rest in peace, Geoffery the Girafarig.

I've started on Hoenn, got my first badge, and first death. Tyson the Grovyle. I switched him into the battle to save Charlie the Nuzleaf while battling roxanne.. He used absorb, got Nosepass in the red, and was critical'd. He was epic D:
Team:
Charlie- Lvl15 Nuzleaf
Rickroll'd- Lvl14 Ralts
Ziggy- the Lvl13 uncreative ZIgzagoon
Pickle- Lvl 13 Taillow
Chan- Lvl 12 Nincada
Well, I'll update soon.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
xxllo2 said:
Just a reminder, you can only catch the first pokemon you find of each route. If you defeat it, already have one, etc., you're done catching with that route.

If this was directed at me - One Whismur came from outside of the cave east of Rustboro and one came from inside it. As for the part of your quote that I underlined, I don't see that rule in the beginning of this thread or the site this challenge originates from :(

Ruko said:
xxllo2 said:

If this was directed at me - One Whismur came from outside of the cave east of Rustboro and one came from inside it. As for the part of your quote that I underlined, I don't see that rule in the beginning of this thread or the site this challenge originates from :(
It wasn't directly at you, and .. I.. don't know where "already have one" came from.. I just remembered it.. It might just be a personal rule my mind made up for me, without my knowing. A statement which doesn't make sense.

Anyways, Brawly was a peace of cake with Rickroll'd the Ralts *Insane face*. I now have to go look for Steven, whom I think will kill me later on ;D!
No deaths other than poor innocent Tyson( D:).
Team:
Charlie- Lvl23 Nuzleaf
Spr_3e_274.gif

Rickroll'd- Lvl 19 Ralts
Spr_3e_280.gif

Ziggy- Lvl17 Zigzagoon
Spr_3e_263.gif

Pickle- Lvl 17 Taillow
Spr_3e_276.gif

Chan- Lvl16 Nincada
Spr_3e_290.gif

NEW TEAM MEMBER:
Bonbon- Lvl 13 Whismur
Spr_3e_293.gif

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Yeah, that's the good thing about the Nuzlocke Challenge, outside of the obvious rules it's all up to personal preference. All of the minor details you can decide for yourself and just have fun with things as you go along. That's what makes each run a little bit different and unique and where the real magic of it all lies. :'D

NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE UPDATES! ;D

TEAM

Mr. Fail-Level 50
389.png

Kazza-Level 22
Spr_3e_064.gif

RubbaDuck-Level 18
Spr_3e_054.gif

Derpy-Level 28
Spr_4d_400_m.png

Happy-Level 23
Spr_4d_440.png

Lavender-Level 18
Spr_3e_092.gif

Deceased

Mrs. Fail-Starly

Charap-Chatot

Badges: 5

Progress-Heading off to the 6th Gym, and Training Lavender.