• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Nuzlocke Challenge! Pokemon Hardmode!

I'm back again! I just got a Crystal Version ( ;D ) And I'm going to Nuzlocke it! Wish me luck peeps!

As of now, I have:
Adrian the Chikorita, lvl 15
Elana the Poliwhirl, lvl 8
Arachne the Spinarak, lvl 4
Lena the Geodude, lvl 2
Deandra the Gastly, lvl 4

I need to level them up, no one hs ever fainted, and I nearly killed Adrian on the first gym trainer in Violet City. Luckily, I used Elana and she saved me. I need to grind! Luck to you all!

FU TOOK MY IDEA *cries* ..Kidding <<' I actually started my Nuzlocke challenge June 9th on my Sapphire after debating about it for a few weeks I have my videos on my channel along with my shiny hunts and OMGLOLWTF stuff x.x i will be filming every episode of mine if anyone wants to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c72yzX9L3Tk
and there is the first video :p It's an alright challenge I'm liking it. ♥ Though I probably won't continue until I get out of my shiny drought >>'

EDIT: MY FINAL POST, BECAUSE I TURNED THE GAME OFF T_T

My team as of Ecruteak

Crocrunch the Croconawlv23
Sheepish the Flaaffylv18
Kenya the Spearowlv20
ChaSuey the Sudowoodolv20

R.I.P.

Clox the Hoothootlv7: God rest his soul
Arachon the Spiniraklv7: God rest her soul
Rocky the Onixlv19: God rest his soul
Farm Wart the Oddishlv14: God rest her soul

I'm definitely going to start doing this on Sapphire, maybe even as soon as tonight.

I'll probably do the same as Midnight Shadows and vlog it out. Or dramatically blog it out. Either or.

Working on my first Nuzlocke run using pokemon Emerald. Currently have this team (art by http://pearlsaurus.fc2web.com/elog.html)
nuzlockeemerald.png

Grinding in the grass under the cycling road on my way to Mauville. Nicknames are: Tideon the Male Marshtomp, Ziggy the Male Zigzagoon, Ferne the Female Electrike (♥ ya Magpie), Nox the Male Sableye, Kiku the Female Nincada and Aquila the Female Taillow.

EDIT: Got myself to Flanery today, lost Nox the Sableye to her damn slugma, stupid crit on a survivable Overheat. Also lost Ferne along the way to a paralye incident involving a rollout wailmer @_@

Current team:
nuzlocketeam2.png

Actually just got a Manectric on the road to Fortree :D Female too so you are reborn ! And kicking tail pretty good too, spark is gonna help alot on the flying gym.

Current team, just finished the Weather Institute:

nuzlocke2.png

Guess what? I'm back in the challenge with Emerald! I just started, so my team sucks.
Amy's Team. (Okay, yes, I'm a guy playing as a girl. It was an accident, so I thought, why not?
Kippy-Mudkip- lvl 8- Male
Lupus- Poochyena- lvl 3- Female
Wally- Wurmple- lvl 3 Male
Talar- Taillow- lvl 5- Male
And, it's sad to say, but in obtaining Talar, someone passed.
R.I.P Soarus-Wingull-lvl 3- Male. He will be missed.

Anyways, I''m on my way to Rustboro City, gonna get someone new in the Petalburg Woods. Hopefully a Shroomish! Luck to you all.

Okay, I got a Shroomish (Female, lvl 9, Carlita.) And I beat Roxanne. I had a near-death experience on the way there, but I made it through. After beating Roxanne, Kippy evolved into Marshtomp. And then I caught and Aron (Male, lvl 12, Shay.) Amd beat Brawly, and almost dying in the process. That's all for now. Luck to all.

So I now have beaten Wattson, and I'm working my way through the route covered with ash.

I've picked up Atlas and Io as well, my new Numel and Koffing :)

I'm doing this on a permanent file on Platinum.

My Progress: Post 2nd Battle with Jun (Barry)

Team:

Illudog the Shinx Level 8
Twileaf the Turtwig Level 10

R.I.P

Toof the Bidoof

ProfessorHibiki said:

Team:

R.I.P

Toof the Bidoof
That was quick, a bad crit?

I just started this on my Firered. Team thus far
7.png
(Shells),
16.png
(Pecker), and
14.png
(Bumbler).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeydis said:
ProfessorHibiki said:

Team:

R.I.P

Toof the Bidoof
That was quick, a bad crit?

Preeeetty much. Stupid Budew

Badges: 3

My Team: Post-Fantina

Reb the Staravia Level 23
Twileef the Grotle Level 26
Cookie the Kricketune Level 22
Crunch the Gible (HE*L YEAH) Level 23

R.I.P

Toof the Bidoof
Illudog the Shinx: I HAAAAATE YOU RANDOM YOUNGSTER
ShaqQuack the Psyduck: I don't know why I caught him in the first place...
LaZel the Buizel: I really hate that Picnicker's guts -_-

I've caught Toybox the Spinda (Virgil ♥) as well, added to my box with Roy the Tentacool.

Haven't used Roy because my other Tentacool, Dillon, is still going strong xD

Oh yeah! Time for an update!

Badges: 4

My Team: Post-Maylene

Twileef the Torterra, Level 32
Reb the Staravia, Level 28
Spoon the Kadabra, Level 26
Crunch the Gabite, Level 27

Recent Deaths

Cookie the Kricketune~I'm sorry, dear friend...(He was the fourth Pokemon I caught, and he's been with me ever since...up until those two Ace Trainers you tag team battle right before Veilstone...R.I.P)

Progress:

Just defeated Maylene after two tries. I went back to train on the route below Veilstone, and pumped Grotle up to evolution so Torterra could kick some major Lucario arse <<♥ Reb, the Staravia, was practically useless in the battle, and usually the Staravia helps me beat Maylene...YOU SUCK REB >_< Headed out to Pastoria right now :p

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
UchihaHibiki said:
Just defeated Maylene after two tries.

Two tries? On a Nuzlocke Challenge? That completely defeats the purpose of the Challenge. Your Pokemon faint, in any fashion at any time, and they're gone. Sorry, but no retries, ma boy. :p

As for my challenge, I've been busy with other things and haven't played it recently. I have six badges, though and haven't lost a team member in quite a while (although that's what insane level mashing will do for you XD).

Sir Red said:
UchihaHibiki said:
Just defeated Maylene after two tries.

Two tries? On a Nuzlocke Challenge? That completely defeats the purpose of the Challenge. Your Pokemon faint, in any fashion at any time, and they're gone. Sorry, but no retries, ma boy. :p

But I was made aware that the faints did not count for Gym Leader and Elite Four challenges...*goes to read the rules again* Because, if you lose against a Gym Leader, it doesn't really make a lot of sense because Gym Leaders can be tough, like the Elite Four (E4 being the ones that it says you can restart against). Hrm...

I think we're all treating EVERY battle with the same rules :p

So if you lose against a Gym Leader, I suppose you can consider yourself dead. Either that, or you make use of the nifty function that some guy invented called "Save".

LoN said:
I think we're all treating EVERY battle with the same rules :p

So if you lose against a Gym Leader, I suppose you can consider yourself dead. Either that, or you make use of the nifty function that some guy invented called "Save".

Welp >_> I suppose I can just...pretend I never lost a Gym Challenge, you could all be nice...and stuff >_> From here on out, OoO, I will go by those rules then...Hrm, I guess that technically means I lost the game at Roark >_> <_<

That sucks, but anyway, I'll just do it from now, and the next time I lose against a Leader, unless I save, THAT will be the end...*cough*

Just a note. If all six faint and you have other caught/boxed pokemon you can keep going I beleive. Not that its gonna help much since the boxed ones are probably even weaker but you know you may get lucky :p

Working through the Groudron/Kyogre story now, preping for the Liza and Tate match soon in mine. Team update image:

nuzlocke3.png

Graveyard:
Izzy the shroomish lvl6, crit death.
Corby the poochyena lvl9, forgot about the little used weakness dark types have. Bug attacks. KOed by leech life of all things @_@
Ariel the Wingull lvl12, Dont recall im afraid, I think it was a big double slap or something like that.
Ferne (1) the Electrike lvl17, rollout lucky !4&@(( wailmer o'death
Pele the Numel lvl16, I honestly dont remember I think she was selfdestructed to death there.
Nox the Sableye lvl25, Crit overheat from my favourite gym leader (damnit ><)
Kiku the Ninjask lvl24, got cocky with the bad end of an electrike.
Aquila the Swellow lvl33, Poison of all the damn things. Stupid me forgot she got poisoned and switched during the fight and walked once, she was at like 3 hp when I changed her out in battle.
Lenny the Pelliper lvl35, Flinch hax crobat against Maxie. Seriously stupid. Bite, flinch, bite, flinch, bite, flinch. He was almost dead too.

Im tough on my birds.

Okay, Team Update. Post-Wake.

Badges: 5

My Team:

444.png
(Not Shiny)-Crunch, Level 30: Sandstorm, Slash, DragonRage, SandTomb

389.png
-Giatrunk, Level 34: Bite, Curse, Earthquake, RazorLeaf

397.png
-Rebecca, Level 32: AerialAce, Fly, QuickAttack, DoubleTeam

64.png
-Spoon, Level 30: Psybeam, Reflect, Recover, MiracleEye

172.png
-Chipu, Level 26: Thunder, ThunderWave, NastyPlot, SweetKiss

I pumped Torterra with Curse four times until it was Uber tough...then pwned his entire team 8) Time to head to...uh...Celestic Town!

Deceased Recently:

Fin the Shellos-Barry got a little trigger happy with Roselia

Update, people! I went and battled Brendan and won, after grinding for hours and beating the first level of the Trick House. And i got a new teammate! I boxed Wally to make room.
Mina-lvl 13-Female-Minun.
No one died! *GASP* I'm not going down that easily! On my way to Mauville, Wattson is going DOWN. Luck to all.

I beat Wattson, and got a bike. Haven't gotten anyone new. Luck to all.

This sounds fun i might try this on my fire red cause theres no way in hell im restarting my diamond. Im gona finish ev training on diamond then restart fire red. Ill keep you up to date with it

Haylo again! This is another update. My progress since.

Kicked a Galactic Grunt that LOVES to run away from you in the booty.
Went to Celestic Town, and delivered an Old Charm because Cynthia is too much of a chicken to take it herself.
Battled Cyrus, who ALMOST killed my Torterra
Staravia evolved into Staraptor
Had a death against Cyrus and one at the grunt before him.
Went to Canalave
Caught a Floatzel, because Bibarel wasn't working out
Battled Barry, no deaths
Trainer UBER long at Iron Island with Riley.
Got a Steelix
Battled through the Gym, defeated Byron
Went to Lake Valor and defeated Saturn.

Badges: 6

My Team:

389.png
398.png
444.png
64.png
419.png
208.png

Giatrunk the Torterra-Level 41: Synthesis, Curse, Earthquake, RazorLeaf
Rebecca the Staraptor-Level 38: CloseCombat, DoubleTeam, AerialAce, Fly
Crunch the Gabite-Level 39: DragonClaw, Slash, SandTomb, SandStorm
Spoon the Kadabra-Level 39: Psybeam, PsychoCut, Recover, RolePlay
FlaZeal the Floatzel-Level 39: Crunch, Agility, Surf, AquaJet
X the Steelix-Level 35: DragonBreath, SandStorm, RockPolish, Slam

Recent Deaths:

Chipu the Pichu: I freaking hate Team Galactic -_- And she was so close to Pikachu, man >_<-Killed in an instant
Treme the Meditite: I freaking hate Cyrus, which falls under the Team Galactic profile-Sneasel took care of it

Just beat Surge My Team thus far.
30.png
Elizabeth- The Nidorina
50.png
Dug- The Diglette
35.png
Alien- The Clefairy
44.png
Flower- The Gloom
17.png
Pecker- The Pidgeotto
8.png
Shells- The Wartortle

Recent Deaths of fallen warriors
41.png
Batman- the Zubat- killed in a comical way that includes burn and arrogance (It survived with 1 hp left an ember but was burnt.)
15.png
Bumbler- The Beedrill- Died Vs Misty on an accidental switch in agents Starmie instead of using Shells and its Bite to beat it I click on Bumbler, then he gets Crit by a water Pulse and it takes him out.

I accepted this. So far, with the help of repel's i've gotten lucky in certain finds....but i've also had two deaths...I'm using Emerald.

Team:
Marshtomp.png
Jenkins, male, lv19, The Marshtomp
288_vigoroth_1_m.png
Brenna, female, lv19, The Vigoroth
302.png
Cajun, male, lv19, The Sableye
minun.png
Subs, male, lv 15, The Minun

My fallen freinds
wingull.png
Wionni, female, Wingull (RIP)
sprite.php
DeDe, Nincada, female (RIP)

Another update, courtesy of moi. ::)

Update (I've been REAL careful with keeping my 'Main Team' Pokemon alive! WOOP):

Left Lake Valor and arrived at Lake Verity, healing up thanks to Mom
Battled the grunts, and defeated Mars
Took off for Snowpoint City
Laughed at by Barry
Battled Candice and achieved 7th Badge, losing one Pokemon in the running
Found Barry, crying. Laughed at him
Went to Veilstone and infiltrated the Warehouse
Battled some grunts
Headed to the HQ
Kicked some more booty
Defeated Cyrus after one heck of a bout
Defeated Saturn after healing
Left for Mt. Coronet, with Steelix in party only for HM slave use
Caught a Medicham, then left and put Steelix in the box
Made it to top, no deaths, and battled with Barry
Went through Distortion World and pwned Cyrus (Yes, I was able to with no deaths. I took him down with: Houndoom=Floatzel, Gyarados=Torterra+Curse Combo, Weavile=Torterra, Honchkrow=Staraptor, Crobat=Kadabra)

Heading to Sunshore City right now! Here I come Volkner, the Electrifying Star is about to get a huge shock 8)

My Team:
389.png
398.png
444.png
64.png
419.png
308.png

Giatrunk the Male Torterra: Level 46-Crunch, Curse, Earthquake, RazorLeaf
Rebecca the Female Staraptor: Level 42-CloseCombat, AerialAce, Agility, Fly
Crunch the Male Gabite: Level 42-Sandstorm, Dig, DragonClaw, RockClimb
Spoon the Female Kadabra: Level 44-Psychic, FutureSight, Recover, PsychoCut
FlaZeal the Male Floatzel: Level 42-AquaJet, Surf, Crunch, Agility
CremeDot the Female Medicham: Level 38-HiJumpKick, Strength, PsychUp, ForcePalm

Thats a pretty awesome team your building up Hibiki. Any particular surprises? I mean like 'mons you didnt think of ever using.

I IS BACK. SUMMARY:
Caught a Numel on Route... The one before the Fiery Path. (Lvl 16, Male Des.)
On Fiery Path I caught a Machop. (Male, lvl 16, Kratos.)
Got the SOOT SACK!
Foiled Team Magma.
Archie talked to me.
I talked to a wussy scientist.
I talked to Lanette. (The Queen of Clutter.)
I am on my way to Lavaridge town. Gonna beat Flannery. Luck to all.

Jeydis said:
Thats a pretty awesome team your building up Hibiki. Any particular surprises? I mean like 'mons you didnt think of ever using.

Aw, thanks JeyJey! :D Welp, I never thought I'd have Gabite (even though I wanted a Gible, I thought I wouldn't encounter one on my first try...surprise to me!). Also, I would not have guessed that I would have a Medicham. Didn't even strike me as one that I'd like using, but it's proven to be WAY useful. :p

Jason Wolfe said:
I IS BACK. SUMMARY:
Caught a Numel on Route... The one before the Fiery Path. (Lvl 16, Male Des.)
On Fiery Path I caught a Machop. (Male, lvl 16, Kratos.)
Got the SOOT SACK!
Foiled Team Magma.
Archie talked to me.
I talked to a wussy scientist.
I talked to Lanette. (The Queen of Clutter.)
I am on my way to Lavaridge town. Gonna beat Flannery. Luck to all.

Good luck, Kerauno! (I'd rather call you that, if you don't mind) I like the name you gave Machop XP

UchihaHibiki said:
Good luck, Kerauno! (I'd rather call you that, if you don't mind) I like the name you gave Machop XP

I don't mind. ;) And I think Machop's name was from God of War. Awesome game. I need it.

Jason Wolfe said:
UchihaHibiki said:

I don't mind. ;) And I think Machop's name was from God of War. Awesome game. I need it.

Actually:

Kratos is the name of the Titan God during the Greek God era. He was the one who was cut up into tiny pieces by...Zeus I believe and thrown into the pit of Tartarus. He was also the father of Poseidon, Hades and Zeus, better known as the Big Three. He ate Poseidon and Hades when they were born, but Zeus' mother tricked Kratos into eating a rock and he coughed up Hades and Poseidon. Then what I said before occurred.

UchihaHibiki said:
Jason Wolfe said:
UchihaHibiki said:

Actually:

Kratos is the name of the Titan God during the Greek God era. He was the one who was cut up into tiny pieces by...Zeus I believe and thrown into the pit of Tartarus. He was also the father of Poseidon, Hades and Zeus, better known as the Big Three. He ate Poseidon and Hades when they were born, but Zeus' mother tricked Kratos into eating a rock and he coughed up Hades and Poseidon. Then what I said before occurred.

No.

That's Kronos. Or Cronus, in Roman, Saturn. He's the Titan Lord of Time. He's the father of the Big Three, and husband to Rhea. Where did you hear his name was Kratos?

Oh, yes, I must update. I beat Maxie at Mt. Chimney (I hate him...) And beat Flannery. And I got an Egg. Then Brendan gave me the Go-Goggles and said he was going to beat Norman, blah blah blah... (Did he just call me weak? i just beat Flannery! Brendan... you are dead. Team is the same. No one died. Bye.

Got a new member, no deaths, and heading to the fourth gym..

Team- Jenkens the Marshstomp lv 27
Subs the Minun lv26
Cajun the Sableye lv 26
Banna the Vigoroth lv 26
Madusa the Seviper lv 16

(I got the pics from the same source as Jeydis, hopefully I did it right for the pictures to show)

EDIT: I took the pics into paint put them together and attached it since I can't seem to get it to show other wise like you guys have yours.

Attachments

• 259.gif
    110.5 KB · Views: 314
Jason Wolfe said:
Actually:

No.

That's Kronos. Or Cronus, in Roman, Saturn. He's the Titan Lord of Time. He's the father of the Big Three, and husband to Rhea. Where did you hear his name was Kratos?
[/quote]

Oh poo, I did get the names wrong...Kratos is the Samaritan in God of War, isn't he? The one you were talking about...Argh...

Well, at least I brushed upon what I knew about the history of the Big Three. (Oh, and I didn't hear his name was Kratos. I got my names mixed up. Sorry, Kerauno! :D)

Oh yes, and I must update!

Current area: In the Lobby of the Pokemon League
Badges: 8

Progress:

Headed to Sunyshore
Beat up some dudes Luxray
Beat up some chicks Lopunny
Beat up some other people's water Pokemon
Met Flint
Headed to the Tower, then to the Gym
Battled through, blah blah
Gabite evolved into Garchomp
Battled Volkner and won my Eighth Badge
Sailed out to the Pokemon League, after training in the water
Battled Victory Road, and got some training in for select members
Battled Barry at the Pokemon League and owned him

Currently getting ready to battle Aaron!

My Team:

389.png
398.png
445.png
64.png
419.png
308.png

Giatrunk the Male Torterra: Level 52
Rebecca the Female Torterra: Level 47
Crunch the Male Garchomp: Level 50
Spoon the Female Kadabra: Level 47 (In-Training)
FlaZeal the Male Floatzel: Level 44 (In-Training)
CremeDot the Female Medicham: Level 44 (In-Training

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Kindly stay on the topic of the Nuzlocke Challenge please, I don't think anyone posting in this thread came here to see an argument about Greek history.

Re: Journey through the Dark Cave

I was going to try this on crystal, but when I entered the path to cherrygrove all the pokemon were having their afternoon naps. Then I found Hope the hoppip and it was so WORTHLESS. So I gave up the whole thing ^^;

I am going to try again on some other game, maybe firered. I was looking forward to starting with charmander but I guess that's a big no-no on Nuzlocke :<

Re: Journey through the Dark Cave

Weeds said:
I am going to try again on some other game, maybe firered. I was looking forward to starting with charmander but I guess that's a big no-no on Nuzlocke :<

You can still start with Charmander...just hopefully you catch somethinh that can take brock.

Update on me, beat Flannery almost lost Subs and Banna...but they live, thank you pokemon gods!

EDIT: Got my sixth teammate, caught her in that sand tower. Anne the Trapinch, hopefully I can get her into a Flygon. I could use a dragon

Attachments

• 259.gif
    119.3 KB · Views: 290