• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The (Not Forgotten) Pokecharms Day Haiku Contest Voting

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
pokecharm.png
A month late, but never forgotten! Even though certain life-related events have kept me preoccupied for the past month or so, I always intended to see this through.

So, now that's finally happening :)

A big thank you to Prof. Cinders who originally posted the Charms Day Haiku Contest for me while I was away on vacation. She also organized all of the entries, of which 15 have been approved for voting. They should all be fairly spot on Haiku-wise, but even if a couple aren't I let them go. If you entered the contest but do not see your entry posted, chances are it broke the rules far too much to be included. However, your participation was greatly appreciated, and I thank everyone who took the time to try.

Now, down to business. The 15 included entries can be found in the jump comment, and you will quickly notice that no authors have been listed. This is to keep the voting process as unbiased as possible but will be revealed once the votes have been tallied up and the winners decided. I apologize that I can not offer any material prizes this time 'round, but I'll gladly take any suggestions on internet-based rewards for the top 3 winners.

You have two weeks (until the 6th of May) to PM me your vote for favourite poem. Anyone can vote (including staff), but only one PM per member please. All you must do is title the PM "Charms Day Contest Voting" and include the entry number(s) of your choice (a max of three choices).

In the meantime, feel free to discuss the actual poems within this topic. Just try not to mull over who wrote which. A big thanks in advance to anyone who votes! ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Entry No. 1:

The female trainers
Why must they wear mini-skirts?
Quite impractical.

Entry No. 2:

Wild Mew appears
Threw a pokeball but missed
Arrgh, almost had it!

Entry No. 3:
Darkrai

All will bow to me
In fear of my dark powers.
Enter the Dark Void.

Entry No. 4:

Near, the wind whistles
I see the fire blazing
Here comes Charizard

Entry No. 5:

Manectric's Power
Summoned Down from the Dark Skies
To Fall with the Rain

Entry No. 6:

Mudkip Water Gun
It is Super Effective
Mudkip won the fight

Entry No. 7:

Palkia rules space
Dialga wishes it did
It only knows time

Entry No. 8:

Heatran So Hot So
Magma Storm Burn Your Foes So
Flash Fire Scorching So

Entry No. 9:

Empoleon surf!
It is fun to ride on you
Are you a penguin?

Entry No. 10:

Come out, luncheon!
Eevee's dragon type -eon!
Looks like sandwich, yum!

Entry No. 11:

Oh Black Charizard,
Oh how rare a Pokemon,
From Orange to Black.

Entry No. 12:
Look at Poliwhirl.
His Belly Swirls Round and Round.
Now You're Hypnotized.

Entry No. 13:

Raichu grabbed the amp
Plugged in its purple guitar
Electrifying!

Entry No. 14:

A Blue Warrior,
Two cannons on his hard shell,
Blastoise is my choice.

Entry No. 15:

Espeon, what joy
To know that I am loved by
A caring partner.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Voting is now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated!

Still at a loss for non-material prizes, so if anyone has any ideas let me know... XD

I was thinking that you could reward the winner with a custom title like 'Haiku Master' or something like that.

Only wittier, of course.

Oo. I like Secad's idea.

I was also thinking perhaps you could give the winner some sort of grace period on the forums? This might not work out since they're likely a regular and wouldn't pull something stupid on the forums.

Mmm.. how about an awesome resident artist (*cough*Reynald*cough*) offer to draw a request for the winner? O'course.. that's putting someone out..

Just a few ideas!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Mmm.. how about an awesome resident artist (*cough*Reynald*cough*) offer to draw a request for the winner? O'course.. that's putting someone out..

I'd say top three winners will all receive a custom title, and what I might do is set it myself initially but allow them to pick their own afterwards.

As for giftart in return, I do like the idea but it'll depend if anyone feels up to doing some. Very much open to it if so XD

But hmm... Got an idea suddenly. Need to PM someone about it...

Oh, and for the record - winners will be posted sometime next week. :)

Next week, eh? The tension is rising. Also, will you be revealing who wrote what, since the voting is closed. Or will you show them after the winners are announced?