• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Next Pokemon Game Theory

Now Sun and Moon have just come out, but after playing through the game twice, I noticed some things that may hint to the next game. Now before I list out my reasons for why, let me tell you the next game will most likely be a sister sequel. What I mean by SIster Sequel is a sequel to Sun and Moon, like Black 2 and White 2, but with Necromza as the main legend. I would say the game would most likely be called Pokemon Star and here is why it most likely will be this.

• You are the Champion: Something that was new and completely out of left field in Sun and Moon was there being no Champion and no established league. As you go through your journey, the Professor says he is building a league and you wonder who the champion and elite four are. You finally make your way there and the Kahunas, Oliva and Hala, Captain Accerola, and a friend of Kuki are members of the elite four. It sets up for the big reveal that, there is no Champion fight, but you have proven yourself to be the first champion ever. By you being the first champion in a newly set up league it shows that the Alola region is changing and you are the start of this change. Because of this start of change, it would only make sense that Game Freak would show the results of your effort, and as Black 2 and White 2 have shown us the best way to do this is through a game that takes place after the first.
  • Necromza: Thanks to his dex entry, we can see that this pokemon is most definitely the sister of the trio. Usually when the games have done this there has been a sister game, but because of the above reason it most likely would be a sequel, due to the Alola region seeing big changes.
  • Hau: Hau is our rival and the grandson of Hala. His goal is to beat his Grandfather and become Kahuna. In the post game we see Hau training some former Team Skull members after they have disbanded. This is something very close to what a Kahuna does and since Hala is now an Elite Four member, he will need a successor and who better than his Grandson who is showing to be a great candidate. With Hau we see a character like Cheren who could become a Gym Leader, like Cheren in BW2, in this newly formed league.
  • Team Skull/Guzma: After the events of the main storyline, Team Skull is disbanded, but Guzma does not seem to be changed and reformed. In the post game you can battle him and he says he will never change. This culminated with the fact that some Team Skull Grunts seem to show disgust for disbanding Team Skull could lead us into a similar Team Rocket scenario of an attempt to reorganize the team or Guzma creating a new team. These things show that there is still story there like, my first point suggests.
  • Game Freak's recent decisions: Game Freak has been on a recent streak of taking risks from no sister or sequel for X and Y, to a whole year without a pokemon game, and the overall structure of Sun and Moon. It would appear that they are in the mood for taking risks and this is on risk they would not miss out on, especially since with Sun and Moon they seem to be moving to story focused games.
Tell me what you think the next game will be below.

Another factor could be marshadow, and there are those blank lots in some of the cities which are theorized to be Pokemon gyms. Th game has several similarities to B&W (or B2&W2 atleast) like battle tree, 4 bridges in B&W 4 islands in alola, choosing what order you face the elite four, I'm sure theres more but i can't think of them.
But there one problem... who would be champion?