• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Newbie Help Topic

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
GoddessOfHealing, stop double-posting. If you have more to add to a post, use the modify button.

First warning, especially after Jet already mentioned that you were breaking the rules. If you haven't already, please read them.

I'm kind of wondering how you can get userbars to switch images. I have no idea how to do this, but everyone else seems to know how. Help! :-\

They most likely make them into animated gifs (though I think you can make animated pngs as well), using a couple of different userbars. At least, I think this what you mean.

sorry but it is against policy to read all of the rules for me.. ;D but i have never heard of a site stupid enough to block posting twice! :p i must not have seeen that post and here is the reason i dont usually look at all rules :)
1. too long
2. ill learn them soon enough
3. ive never ever broken a rule XD exept for in game facts because of off-topic posting ::) but thats not the point!

I hope the sentence isnt banning if i do what i normally do :'(

And yes,i am very stubborn and annoying when trying to get my way! ;D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Here's the thing, GoH. If you want to live here any longer, read the rules, or you might as well just leave this place before getting into deeper trouble.

Anyways, the reason why we don't double post here is because it gets annoying, messy, and plus, there's a handy "Modify" button on the upper right hand corner of each of your posts to allow you to edit posts instead of posting twice.

I was a newbie here once as well; didn't know what the heck a forum was, thought it was something like Neopets or something when I first joined. What are rules? Didn't know they existed, though hopefully it was common sense, either that or merciful mods and admins, that let me live long enough to tell you these things.

And how do you know what rules you've broken if you haven't read the rules? I can easily summerize them: don't double post, don't post short, pointless, annoying messages (AKA SPAM), don't make fun of others/don't be mean/repsect other members, don't use cuss/swear a lot, don't overuse smilies use good grammar and spelling (if you have trouble here, Microsoft Word helps), and basically, use common sense. If you can't follow the first ones, then the last rule, "common sense", should help you. Really.

Also, by the time you've learned them all, it's quite likely you've been banned. XD

The trainer card isn't there anymore.

Just to point out, the Trainer Card maker is down, so you'll have to wait.

As to answer your question, you have to save the card onto your computer's memory and then upload it to a image host on the Internet, like Photobucket or Imageshack. They should give you a Url when it's uploaded and then all you have to do is go into your signature, paste the Url in your signature, wrap it the Image tags, and it should be fine.

The pokéballs are basically a representation of that person's status as a member.

For example, I've been here longer than you, so I have more.

However, the Admins have even better pokéballs than both of us, so we can tell that they're obviously of some special status (admin :p).

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
EDIT: Heh. I JUST noticed that LoN had already answered this question. Ah well. I expanded on it a bit anyways XD

What are the pokeballs underneath my username mean???

They basically just represent member ranks and post counts.

The amount of standard PokeBalls displayed for normal members directly correlates to their total post count. There are set milestones that need to be passed to earn the next PokeBall (don't have the exact amounts offhand).

Any non-standard PokeBalls represent people who are either part of the staff (Admins have Master Balls, Mods have Ultra Balls, etc.) or people we wanted to give a custom rank to (ie. Prof. Cinder's little sister). Note, Jet and Ruko are technically mods, but since their positions started off differently they have unique PokeBalls displayed for their accounts.

Also note, each time a mod or admin posts on a board that they specifically moderate (which isn't many of us), all of their posts get displayed with Great Balls. It's just a random thing the forum does automatically that's never been sorted out.

Tatile is right, the TCM is down. When Doctor Oak has enough time to fix it, he will.

Also, Kelorty please avoid double posting. It is against the rules, especially when you could have just edited your post to add more information instead. Please try to avoid doing this again.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
A URL is, essentially, the web address. The web address for Pokecharms is www.pokecharms.com and the URLs to files on websites works exactly the same way. For example, this is the URL to Katie's sig banner:

Code:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/Linkachu166/LinkachuBanner.jpg

Which, when wrapped in image tags like this:

Code:
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/Linkachu166/LinkachuBanner.jpg[/img]

gives this:

LinkachuBanner.jpg

It's really not a difficult system to get to grips with.

Thanks! I'll try to remember that. I've heard you need at least 50 posts to get custom avatars or sprites or whatever the thing under your name is called, but I've seen people with less posts that have them. Argh! This is confusing!

Thanks! I'll try to remember that. I've heard you need at least 50 posts to get custom avatars or sprites or whatever the thing under your name is called, but I've seen people with less posts that have them. Argh! This is confusing!
People with under 50 post can still use the default sets found in your profile. :)

There are a few members who have custom avatars but don't have 50 posts--but that's only because they were around before that 50 post rule was implemented. And most of THOSE members haven't been around in ages.

When you go to the My Party page on GPX, there's a link on the right hand side marked Pokemon Image Code. Copy the BBCode of one of them (I recommend the first option if you're going to put other things in your signature) and then paste it into your signature.

You get a ton of PokeBalls, yeah - six total to be exact ^^

The MasterBall display is just to differentiate Admins between the rest of the different types of members. So, unless you're an Admin... sorry ^^;

On the donation, it said something about a "special pokeball" or something. What does it look like or do we have to find out ourselves? :(

How do I make sprites? I wanted to make a certain design, but I don't know how.
Well, that is pretty simple. You can go to this link: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/dptr.html to see all D/P trainer sprites.

Then take a screenshot (if you copy/paste the background turns black) including the trainer sprite you want to edit. Paste the screenshot into a program such as MS paint and then you can start creating trainer sprites.

It'd be a good idea to see the Sprite forums and see how it's done.

If you want a pokemon sprite, then I prefer this page ( http://www.pokemondb.co.uk/gallery )because you can see every Pokemon sprite without clicking on anything, just as a gallery.