• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Newbie Help Topic

i tried that for my signature but it didn't work it just move them along a bit can any one help me (hope this is the write topic)

I imagine what you're going for is to have your signature look like mine, with the images all on one line and the text below it. The trick is to... well, I already explained it. Basically, you're just going to have to cut the image code away from the link code and text, and put the image code all on the same line.

For instance, here's my signature's code:
Code:
[img]http://www.pokeplushies.com/images/adoptables/79565.gif[/img][img]http://www.pokeplushies.com/images/adoptables/73171.gif[/img][url=http://pokeops.proboards98.com][img]http://www.imagerotation.com/Crisis/sig1.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.pokeplushies.com/adoptables.php?act=rarecandy&id=79565]Click here to feed Captain Retro a Rare Candy![/url]

[url=http://www.pokeplushies.com/adoptables.php?act=rarecandy&id=73171]Click here to feed Mittens a fruit![/url]

[url=http://www.pokeplushies.com]Get your own at PokePlushies![/url]
See that? All the images are on the first line. Below that, are the links for feeding the adoptables. Replacing the word "me" with the name of the adoptable helps people see which feeds who. I tried putting the links on one line, but I felt this looked cleaner.

What is the maximum (if any) signature space size. Ive noticed one of the mods not liking a persons sig and I wanted to make sure my future sig plans where within rules parameters.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Generally, there is no CHARACTER limit on Signatures. However, we trust our members to have REASONABLE sigs. By that we mean something that won't take too much scrolling. Two trainer cards arranged vertically one after the other is too big already.

I felt these questions belong here.

I was editing my sig and tried to include two userbars with two different links to two different pages and it would show both images but it would only link to the first url in the sig. Is there anyway to fix it?

Second question: Whenever I try to link the Doctor's Clinic to my userbar, it would link to the last page of the board. Do any of you know why this is happening?

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Are you sure you're ending the tags right? Also, check the link, make sure it's the right one. If that doesn't work, could just be the forum being silly.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Plapti, post whatever it was you were trying to post in your signature here within code tags. That way, we can view your coding and see if there's a breakdown somewhere.

Also, I'm not sure what the issue with linking to the clinic would be. It's not one I've ever ran into myself, sorry =/ Probably another annoying forum glitch.

Ok, thanks you guys (Though you're not rally guys). I'll do that.

Edit: I'll also link the orginal userbar to the board to show what it's doing.

Thanks, Rach! Just out of my curious mind, Do you know why it was doing all of that and not working properly?

Edit: Thanks then Rach.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
The tags for the url weren't surrounding the image, to start, which they need to do. A few of them were missing ]/[ as well. And that was pretty much it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since a few people have asked how to do it, I've added a quick explanation on how to turn an image into a hyperlink in the first post of this topic.

As usual, if there are any other commonly asked questions people think should be added, let me know and I'll add them in as well.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Where can I find this Pokedex of EV values and such...? I've heard it brought up in two threads now...

I've scanned over the main board of the Forum (and probably overlooked something) but none of them look to house it.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Thank you!

I'm trying to effort train my Blissey now... and it helps to know who exactly to fight.
Whoever made that 'dex did an excellent job!!

I'm really sorry if someone already asked this

but

is appleworks a website or a program?

And if its a website does it cost money?

Cause I really wanna make a costum trainer.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Appleworks is essentially the Macintosh answer to Microsoft Office. What the hell does it have to do with making custom trainers OR this forum, I don't know, and aformentioned irrelevance has officially sealed your fate.

Warning three... Which means Game Over for ye. Have a nice trip to the Island of the Banned!

DAS BOOT.

My first question is not so much one about the site/forum so much as it is about policy. I saw a couple of trainer sprites on the trainer card generator and I wanted to use them outside of a trainer card. I saw that I can't use them outside of a trainer card without the consent of the original spriter, so I set out to find who made them. It took me a while but I was able to track down the sprites I was looking for and their creators. Unfortunately, most of the sprites that I really wanted to used were made by now-banned members. So my question is this: If you want to use a custom/edited sprite from the trainer card generator and you want permission from the creator (who has been banned), how would you go about getting it?

Is permission from the spriter no longer required, just the permission of the site, or do I still have to make contact with the spriter to receive his or her permission?

I really would like to get started on the thing I am going to use them for so a prompt response would be appreciated, but not insisted.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
We tell people to take it up with the creators of the sprites, 'cos there may be a chance that they'll agree to them being used for other things - however, as per the disclaimer at the bottom of the site:

All original content herein is Copyright 2004-2009 Pokecharms,under a creative commons license, including Fan Submissions. No part of this website may be copied and all software/files/movies etc use the Pokemon Trademark without permission.

All fan submissions to the site become property of the site for use on the site and we do not give permission for custom trainers to be used for other purposes than the TCM - they're often created specifically for the TCM and it would do a great injustice to those that put the work into them to allow them to be used for other purposes.

Simple and short answer, no you can't use the custom sprites. Feel free to make a request in the spriter's forum for people to make custom sprites for you and whatever your purpose is if you're unable to make what you want yourself, though.

Oof. Thanks for pointing that out. If I may (since I am very easily confused), I would like to add to that question with a hypothetical one:

If someone submitted their creation here and on another forum with a policy similar to the one here, who would actually have control over it?

I'm only asking out of curiousity since I know I can't use what I was planning on using now, but I would appreciate an answer nonetheless. Thanks again for your help!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I can't control what people do with what they create. But if they're posting it on another forum for their use, then that'd be the same as them giving permission to anyone asking to use them.

Anything on the site is for our use only - if a fan work being used for other things by their creators, that's up to them - and we have no place to be stopping them.

By reading over the rules in that board is a good start. The writing doesn't have to be perfect, but it has to have the quality to work off of.

Click here to see the Rules.

Erin...you last post is what we call SPAM. A pointless and irrelevant message at hand right there. Please don't post any SPAM onto the boards. The SPAM just looks bad.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Figured I'd update the Q & A segment of the first post with information on Pokecharms' signature standards (just linked to the original announcement). Yeah, this is in the global rules so people who've read them should already know, but eh :p

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
First, you use your bloody EYES and LOOK AT THE MAIN PAGE. See the very large and noticeable buttons at the top of the main page? See the one that says TCM in CAPS? There. >>

And read the rules before posting anymore please, or you'll be n00b'd/banned.

:( i dont know how to do anything ): and i just figured out how to replie to forums O_O and what is the way of getting pictures is it copying code or pic? and another thing -- what the heck is with the pokemballs? and how do you get friend code? besides the million other things ::) and this discussion is very old >.

Double Posting is against the rules here, see.

Reading the very first post of this topic should give you answers to most of your questions.

uh... what it tells me basiccally is how to do the picture but i still dont get it :(

If you're talking about custom avatars (like Jet's there) you need 50 or more posts on this forum.

If you're talking about in signatures, host the image you want (like on Photobucket) and use the IMG tags, with the URL of course, to put it into your signature area or into a post as required.

Also, as a word of advice, please remember proper capitalization, the Staff will appreciate it.