• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Newbie Help Topic

You don't. I imposed a restriction because a lot of people were taking the piss by having half a dozen trainer card images one after another in their signatures - not to mention other pictures.

IF people can be expected to be sensible, I will remove the restriction again, but frankly, considering the shit that's gone on in this place for the last month/two months, I doubt there's more than a handful of people on here that can be trusted to not be a fucking moron any more.

If that's true, why does Uzumaki_Naruto have 2 images in their signature?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yesh. It'll stay how it is until you try to edit it... or so it seems.

I really must thank all of the signature-abusers for making this limit come into being :p

Is there a size limit to the image one can have in their signature? The thought occurs that you could get "around" the character limit by pasting all your images into one, single image.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, someone could do that, but then we'd still edit it out of their signature. If they repeated the process, they're asking for a warning or ban.

So I'd kindly suggest people don't try to 'abuse' the system that's in place because of said abusers and keep their sig images a decent size ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bumping to say I've added a fifth Q & A relating to the current registration ban. Please don't keep asking about it, and keep comments about it out of other threads (namely the Create a Trainer Sprite topic). Spamming other threads over it is only proving Oak's decision more right...

M

Minun

how do you show your pictures like if you want a show a Pokemon while you post or something :-\ :-\ ???

Before anyone else asks "Why can't I register???', the answer is because registration was disabled to prevent more spamming n00bs from signing up(there were a lot before registration was disabled), we don't know when it will be up again.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The answer is also on the FRONT page of this topic :p

Seriously now. This is what we consider good wholesome SPAM, and WHY the registration is still banned xp

D

Darksimal

yeah when registration goes up there should be like some kind of system that bans people for like a week or month who spam

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Aye. Although... all these people who keep asking to register and can't even type a single sentence with proper grammar really make me wary about seeing the ban lifted. I apologize to the ones who truly deserve registration but can't get it because of others like that. Sadly the bad tends to outweigh the good =/

Like Alex said on the front page news, it'll be sorted out within the next 2-3 weeks. Until then... I'm not answering anymore posts asking that. Its been answered FAR too many times already, so I'm just going to delete them. I suggest that our current members ignore them as well.

Guests can only post on this forum... and possibly the Rules and Regulations boards. Can't remember. Either way, the guest posting is mainly so people can post in the TC Submission topic and not have to register, or give site feedback. Limited, but necessary.

Edit: Had to blend this with an earlier post because there was some spam in the middle that required deletion, sorry. ^^;

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
There's a little link at the top of the page - underneath that great big header - that says "profile". On the left, there's a link that says "Forum Profile Information". You can edit your birthday there.

Okay now a question or two about TCs(Trainer Cards) can you update cards or do you just remake it and another thing can you put shiny pokemon on your trainer cards and if so How? :-\ (I got a shiny MACHOKE)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Okay now a question or two about TCs(Trainer Cards) can you update cards or do you just remake it and another thing can you put shiny pokemon on your trainer cards and if so How? :-\ (I got a shiny MACHOKE)

a) You need to remake them.

b) As Alex stated in his latest site update for the TC Maker, shinies are coming, but they're not yet available for use.

Hey, I've got a question: What exactly happened that caused the disabling of the registration and the whole "1,2,3 we gas you" policy? I know that there was some problems with moron and the likes, but it must have been serious to get where it is with the treatment of "spam." Just my curiosity here 'cause I'm goin off assumption that, for lack of a better term, some serious shit went down. I just seem unable to figure out anything past a vague idea.

People have pics up, thought, with pokemon that even have their color altered to some extent when they are shoing their pokemon for their character in the RP Pokemon Characters thread.

@ pokedemon: If you mean someone has an image in their card/avatar/etc of an altered Pokémon, then they cutom'd it themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
seriously, all I did was ask a simple question. your TC links to a page that says NOTHIG about the TC not working at the moment. If you don't want people asking this, put the info where newbies will find it.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Not only is it on the main page, but there are about three topics in this forum explaining the problem.

If you didn't look for it, that's your own fault and you deserved the warning.
End of.

I do think he has a point about the page in all the links (on all the cards) not mentioning the issue.

Then again, if he followed Doc Oak's advice here, he'd see it DOES work, I have made a few cards since the issue started.

I'm a she. :)
and I don't think I deserve a warning. when I found this link via the TC link, I tought the page I got to IS the main page. and it had nothing about this. first, I tried twice, then I registered thinking it may be only for registered members. then I read the info in the page again to be sure it wasn't mentioned. all that to avoid asking a noobish question. only then I went to the forum, found the RIGHt topic and posted a honest question without spaming/cursing or breaking the rules in any way. what am I warned for? being a newbie?
well, I have startling news for you, some newbie become good forum members. that is, unless you give them warnings for no apparent reason and scare them away..

I think I should point out that one warning isn't the end of the world - if you don't screw up again, then it's not an issue. :p I think anyone who would be a good member of the community would understand that.

As far as the main page thing goes, it shouldn't be that hard to realize that it's Pokecharms, and maybe the main page is at Pokecharms.com.

Also, in this subforum alone, without scrolling down the page, I saw two topics that were about help with the TC maker. I'm seriously not trying to sound mean here, but a little looking around could have saved you that warning.

S

Serunson

Why can't i register?
It comes up with the same error, in that registrations are not taken at this time
Help Please!

I have one simple question. Why do I have two warnings? I was never told why I received them and I'm just curios so I don't get a third by doing the same exact thing.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I've had a look, Pokedemon, and to be entirely honest, I haven't seen anything suspicious. One warning appears to be retroactive o.O

I'll consult the other Mods and find out.

S

Serunson

When will we be able to register onto the site?
I'd really like to register and not be a guest constantly.