• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The New World (Help Wanted)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Basically, I was in the shower and I created a world that I'd like to turn into the RP. You might be wondering what is this RP about? Well... I'll explain the lore.

Thousands of years ago there was nothing except one egg. Two siblings hatched out of it, Light and Darkness, though their proper names are Kyceria and Icarian, respectively. They created this world, the moon, and the stars. The Moon was their first creation, though they soon found that it was impossible for anything to live on it. They learned this with the stars, their second creation. At first they tried to put them on the Moon, but when they did, the stars they put on it ceased to exist. They decided instead to leave them hanging in the sky, which was currently the only thing that existed besides their creations, except the void. The void was below them, an empty hole that they found out also caused things to cease to exist when they tried to put a star in it. However, it was unlike the Moon as it was made of a part of Light's essence, similar to the stars, and Darkness's essence kept it in the sky. One of their stars was much larger than normal, the same size as the Moon. They decided to name this star the Sun.

Next came the creation of the World. The two siblings used their essence and the remains of the egg they hatched in to create it. They decided to put it not inside the void, but above the hole to cover it. They tried to put a star in it, and it didn't cease to exist. However, they soon realized that the star didn't exist since it got a true perfect balance due to the Sun and the Moon. They put the star back and it left a part of the world with something above the rest of the world. Light created beings on the part of the world above the rest, which she decided to name Aereum. Darkness created beings on the rest of the world which he decided to name Terreum.

The two siblings soon realized that in the creation of everything they had lost a significant amount of their power, more than they liked. The two decided to go to a rest, satisfied with their work, and became part of the sky itself, though in a slumber, always watching. With a little bit of their power they sent an extremely small part of their essence into the World in fragments, which allowed them to make sure that their creation was functioning correctly.

The beings on Aereum were humans, which after thousands of years created a civilization. They never thought to go below their small part of the world, as it was covered by the Mist of Aereum, clouds. The humans learned of the history of the world as legends, which was said to be told by the High Priest of Aereum which apparently learned through messages from Light herself.

Meanwhile below Aereum were the creatures of Terreum, monsters. They came in all forms and sizes, each imperfect and scattered across the land. Their different races never came to peace with each other, unlike humans. The closest were a few alliances between a handful of races. They made their own form of life, very different from civilization of the humans...

Now I'm going to stop with the lore for now to let all of this soak in. There's still a lot more things to go through until we reach the current time in the RP. However, I'd like the feedback from the people of Pokecharms to see if this sounds like a good idea, and I'd like to hear your own! All I'll say for now is that the RP won't be taking place in Aereum...

@kyuukestu @Retro Master @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader @Godjacob @SailorInSpace @Rohan Kishibe @DarkHydraT @Nukas

Solid lore, my myth senses are tingling though...wondering how much of this is extracted from various creation myths. Either way though, it does seem rather interesting. What I would say to add is some minor lines about the level of civilization in Aereum and Terreum. Are we tribals, Medieval, etc.

All in all, it sounds like a very interesting idea.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
There is no monster in the void. Now I suppose since I've talked about what the lore of the world is, let's get into another big part of the plot of the RP. The Prophecy, first spoken by the High Priest himself, is about the Keys of Fate. There were 9 keys in all, each sibling had 3 and 1 was shared. There were also two keys that are known as the Sacred Keys, which are not near the others. The Keys of Darkness: Pain, Misery, and Chaos. The Keys of Light: Happiness, Tranquility, and Harmony. The Sacred Keys are the keys of Life and Death. And the last key was the Key of Balance. These keys are a part of the creators' very essences and control a large part of the fate of everything the world. If one were to wield all of them they'd become the most powerful being that was ever created by the siblings. To these keys, the world will be saved or destroyed. Each one separately is extremely powerful. Especially the Sacred Keys, those even just collecting all of the other 7 you will become the most powerful being. In a time of darkness the world will need to be saved by these keys, though the journey will be very long and difficult and may not even happen as we would expect. It is said that these Keys are hidden in the place where nobody have ventured before, a place so different from the rest of the world that some question its existence.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Basically, I was in the shower and I created a world that I'd like to turn into the RP. You might be wondering what is this RP about? Well... I'll explain the lore.

Thousands of years ago there was nothing except one egg. Two siblings hatched out of it, Light and Darkness, though their proper names are Kyceria and Icarian, respectively. They created this world, the moon, and the stars. The Moon was their first creation, though they soon found that it was impossible for anything to live on it. They learned this with the stars, their second creation. At first they tried to put them on the Moon, but when they did, the stars they put on it ceased to exist. They decided instead to leave them hanging in the sky, which was currently the only thing that existed besides their creations, except the void. The void was below them, an empty hole that they found out also caused things to cease to exist when they tried to put a star in it. However, it was unlike the Moon as it was made of a part of Light's essence, similar to the stars, and Darkness's essence kept it in the sky. One of their stars was much larger than normal, the same size as the Moon. They decided to name this star the Sun.

Next came the creation of the World. The two siblings used their essence and the remains of the egg they hatched in to create it. They decided to put it not inside the void, but above the hole to cover it. They tried to put a star in it, and it didn't cease to exist. However, they soon realized that the star didn't exist since it got a true perfect balance due to the Sun and the Moon. They put the star back and it left a part of the world with something above the rest of the world. Light created beings on the part of the world above the rest, which she decided to name Aereum. Darkness created beings on the rest of the world which he decided to name Terreum.

The two siblings soon realized that in the creation of everything they had lost a significant amount of their power, more than they liked. The two decided to go to a rest, satisfied with their work, and became part of the sky itself, though in a slumber, always watching. With a little bit of their power they sent an extremely small part of their essence into the World in fragments, which allowed them to make sure that their creation was functioning correctly.

The beings on Aereum were humans, which after thousands of years created a civilization. They never thought to go below their small part of the world, as it was covered by the Mist of Aereum, clouds. The humans learned of the history of the world as legends, which was said to be told by the High Priest of Aereum which apparently learned through messages from Light herself.

Meanwhile below Aereum were the creatures of Terreum, monsters. They came in all forms and sizes, each imperfect and scattered across the land. Their different races never came to peace with each other, unlike humans. The closest were a few alliances between a handful of races. They made their own form of life, very different from civilization of the humans...

Now I'm going to stop with the lore for now to let all of this soak in. There's still a lot more things to go through until we reach the current time in the RP. However, I'd like the feedback from the people of Pokecharms to see if this sounds like a good idea, and I'd like to hear your own! All I'll say for now is that the RP won't be taking place in Aereum...

@kyuukestu @Retro Master @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader @Godjacob @SailorInSpace @Rohan Kishibe @DarkHydraT @Nukas
I think this looks very interesting, but I do wonder what we will actually be doing in the RP. I feel just a little in the dark.
There is no monster in the void. Now I suppose since I've talked about what the lore of the world is, let's get into another big part of the plot of the RP. The Prophecy, first spoken by the High Priest himself, is about the Keys of Fate. There were 9 keys in all, each sibling had 3 and 1 was shared. There were also two keys that are known as the Sacred Keys, which are not near the others. The Keys of Darkness: Pain, Misery, and Chaos. The Keys of Light: Happiness, Tranquility, and Harmony. The Sacred Keys are the keys of Life and Death. And the last key was the Key of Balance. These keys are a part of the creators' very essences and control a large part of the fate of everything the world. If one were to wield all of them they'd become the most powerful being that was ever created by the siblings. To these keys, the world will be saved or destroyed. Each one separately is extremely powerful. Especially the Sacred Keys, those even just collecting all of the other 7 you will become the most powerful being. In a time of darkness the world will need to be saved by these keys, though the journey will be very long and difficult and may not even happen as we would expect. It is said that these Keys are hidden in the place where nobody have ventured before, a place so different from the rest of the world that some question its existence.
And it just became lord of the rings XD

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Human civilization has evolved greatly since due to them being made of Light’s pure essence, they never learned of anything that is morally wrong in Aereum. They learned of weapons and such from the priests learning about information through messages. However they’re not the type of race to attack each other with them. One day the High Priest died of old age, and even though they tried to replace him, the civilization for the first time felt true despair. This feeling was one that belonged in Terreum, the where negative feelings such as despair thrived. The realm became unbalanced. Within a week the entire Aereum collapsed during night. Since there was no threats back then, everybody was asleep. They woke up to seemingly have taken no damage, but the humans were now scattered across all of Terreum. A lot of their items owned fell with them, but strangely there were no signs of their previous homes. They were able to defend themselves using the weapons that fell, and quickly adapted to their new terrain. There are multiple parts of the land. In the Southeast is the desert, northeast are mountains, northwest is a large snow biome, central north is a tundra, in the middle is a rainforest, central east is a volcano, central west and central south is mostly plains, with central south having more trees. Near the southwest there is a sea with a few islands on it. There may be more lands further, but nobody has gone that far. The people that fell central west were the first to reach other lands, as they have the most amount of horses, and as such were used a lot for traveling and sending messages throughout Terreum. People had mostly made settlements away from monster camps, though while traveling would still occasionally find them. Most humans were superior to average monsters as they had weaponry. Newly made civilization was made, thought it was much more separated than in Aereum, with mostly just small settlements. Humans did however make alliances and some merged. There were some settlements that merged a lot that they became empires, and controlled a lot of the land in their area, though there were still more individual settlements. 50 years ago the empires from the east, south, east, and north decided to make a meeting in order to further develop their nations and they talked about things such as economic trade deals. It was very inconvenient however, as in the middle was a huge dangerous rainforest, with monsters much stronger than the average. They had an idea and decided to put a bridge over a large amount of the rainforest so they wouldn’t have to fight that much to clear a path as they built the bridges. In the middle was a silver dome for the convention. It was a great time for people since a lot of them got jobs due to this such as destroying monsters that lived in the tall trees they had to cut down. This bridge finally finished 30 years ago which revolutionized traveling between nations. Some merchants even decided to set up shops around the dome. They decided to expand the platform and soon there was a settlement right in the middle of Terreum, the most modern one currently.

While human civilization has advanced even further when they fell, there has also been some changes to them that are not as positive. Humans were normally peaceful, good, pure hearted beings, but when they fell and reached Darkness’s realm, they got tainted and now have an evil, darker side to them. Some people were scared and instead of starting a civilization they decided to survive by taking. These were the first ever human thieves. Although there hasn’t been a major war yet, humans now have engagements with their weapons against each other in more dangerous ways... and some settlements are more darker than others...

So if I understand correctly, Aereum was autopia for humans until it died with the high priest. how long is the gap between the Aereum and the human empires in Terreum? I see it took 50 years for new empires to sprawl so is it more massive migration to Tereum? Also was any knowledge lost or could any guy in his late 60's talk about what the high priest was like?

so far the story is tickling my greek bone. :) good job.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
So if I understand correctly, Aereum was autopia for humans until it died with the high priest. how long is the gap between the Aereum and the human empires in Terreum? I see it took 50 years for new empires to sprawl so is it more massive migration to Tereum? Also was any knowledge lost or could any guy in his late 60's talk about what the high priest was like?

so far the story is tickling my greek bone. :) good job.
Yea so I'm not to sure about how long should I put the time between the fall of Aereum and the empires creation. I actually don't have all the fine details which is why I said "Help Wanted" and also I want to know if you guys can think of anything else to include.

(also @Rohan Kishibe this kind of stuff is the reason why I haven't made bios yet)

Empires exist from having massive amounts of people and resources. What differentiates an empire from a "town" or "village" is that they have certain traits to them attract thousands of people to live there. You could have an empire that resides next to valuable minerals making it a "trading capital", an empire with the strongest soldiers and training programs for soldiers making a "military state" or an empire based on its religious significance of an area, a "Holy land". a couple of examples you could look at is Rome, China, Egypt or any other important empire in history.

When making an empire the question you'll want to ask is "Why do so many people want to live here?"

You gave described the landscapes, so what kind of land are those Empires on? The East would be part desert, volcano and mountains, the North would be part mountain, tundra and snow biome, the West would be part snow biome, plains and ocean and South would be part ocean, forest plains and desert from this part of your previous post
There are multiple parts of the land. In the Southeast is the desert, northeast are mountains, northwest is a large snow biome, central north is a tundra, in the middle is a rainforest, central east is a volcano, central west and central south is mostly plains, with central south having more trees. Near the southwest there is a sea with a few islands on it. There may be more lands further, but nobody has gone that far.

50 years ago the empires from the east, south, east, and north decided to make a meeting in order to further develop their nations and they talked about things such as economic trade deals.

This bridge finally finished 30 years ago which revolutionized traveling between nations.
From these quotes we can see the alliance of empires happened 50 years a ago and the bridge connecting the empires was built 30 years ago, with this we can assume the empires were built over 50 years ago because you can't have an alliance of empires when the empires don't exist. I say maybe the empires were built 60-80 years ago as a suggestion.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
From these quotes we can see the alliance of empires happened 50 years a ago and the bridge connecting the empires was built 30 years ago, with this we can assume the empires were built over 50 years ago because you can't have an alliance of empires when the empires don't exist. I say maybe the empires were built 60-80 years ago as a suggestion.
yea what I was thinking was that it's been 100 years since aereum fell and 80 years since the empires were founded.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The volcano region would have an empire, so would the islands, the mountains, desert, and the central south. Tundra and Snow Plains would have no empires instead being just settlements and these parts don't usually interact with the rest of the world. The mountains is where pegasi would come from and it has a notable trait of having a 4:1 female to male ratio. The volcano empire consists of mostly tougher and more independent people. The desert is the biggest place for merchants with better economy than military. The plains and forests central south is the empire most "normal" in our standards. The central east is just plains with the best horses from there and just settlements. And the islands would be like an alliance with the empire in the middle with basically average everything like the central south empire but in the sea.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
No, it has two empires. Just like how technically the mountain and the volcano regions have two empires but they're both in the east. The bridge being in the center of each directions however makes it more easier to build instead of having it be diagonal. Which of course means the empires in the corners take longer to reach using the bridge. However I could also just change the location of the empires, but that also wouldn't work since there's 5 empires. I could change it to the central south empire being on the central west, the desert being on the east, the volcano empire being on the north and the island empire being on the south. Depends if you guys think it's a better idea.

Actually just basing the empires off of the biomes would be a lot less complicated than having them place in the directional areas, so having the 5 empires being in 5 different regions would be better than having them in the West South East North directions

Actually what's the world like anyway? Is it a globe? Did the top part of the world just disappear when Aerum disappeared? Do the biomes just extend to the back of the world like the slices of an orange or do they change after extending out for a bit?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I got an idea, the current regions I’ve talked about are one side of the world and the other side is seperated by a magic barrier formed by the gods. And if you somehow get past the barrier then you get sucked up in the void that’s being sealed up by that side.

Alright that sounds good, so is the world round? What happened to the part of the world Aerum was? Did it disappear? Is there now just a huge crater on the top of the world? How are the biomes divided in Terreum if the top and bottom of the world are off limits?

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
It was above the skies above the rainforest in the middle however it did expand in order to make room for more humans. The world is a globe with this being the western hemisphere and the eastern hemisphere covering the void. the north and south hemisphere are fine in the eastern hemisphere.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The eastern hemisphere is a side of the world that’s blocking the void. Then there’s the continent Terreum surrounded by a large body of water which ends at a magic barrier, if you go past that you’ll reach the side of the world that’s clogging the void and will get sucked into it