• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The new face of Pokecharms?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Mmmmaybe.

Basically, i want to come up with an identifiable (and original for that matter) Mascot for Pokecharms. So i took pencil to paper and tried my best at that foreign skill known as 'drawing'.

Here are the results of nearly an hour's work taken using my cheap digital camera with poor lighting:

Picture018.jpg

This didn't turn out too well, but meh. What i did was draw a Head, a front and a back view. This is all three.

Picture019.jpg

The Head. The marking down the forehead is a marking that runs along the whole of it's back. You don't see it here because i didn't colour it in on the back but you wouldn't see a lot of it anyway due to the fact that it's got a big ol' leaf at the back normally stopping you viewing it from the back. No leaf here because it would have been a pain in the arse.

Picture020.jpg

The main front view. You can see that the leaves act as wings, which is important as it's limbs are mere sticks (litterally). Sneakily the sticks still have tiny flowers growing on them (As far as Pokemon terms goes, we're talking Spinda style for where those are). All of them (though only a couple look like it) are clovers. ^^

Still have to decide on a pattern for the main body.

Picture021.jpg

Back View. Here you can clearly see the two extra prongs at the top that are just about visible in the front view. I don't know why i put those in, i just figured they'd look good. ^^ As you can also see, all you can see from the back as far as the head goes are those devilish horn things. If you didn't bother to think about the fact that it's legs are made out of twigs, you'd probably be threatened by the back of it as a Pokemon.

Well, that's that. Let me know what you think and anyone with the artistic skills to improve upon my idea (Preferably someone who can draw it on-demand for the site....) Feel free to have a go. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I take it that it's supposed to be a Jirachi/Celebi/Mew-type Pokemon, eh?

Stel should draw us something :twisted:

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
How about I look for a G/S guide and make a Hoppip Poke-Chao? Or be original and make a 'Charms-Chao? Pokecharms-chao... I'm thinking Hoppip Chao with clovers and its leaves and...

Maybe I'll come up with some sort of Celebi/Chao/Dragon thing with leaves covering its body. Oh, and let's not forget clover antennae. ^^

And Gary, as for your merchandise stuff, go ahead and use the Gary burninating a n00b piccy--as long as you credit me. ^^ :D Credit goes to Lugiasian, not Seraphina, 'kay?

I'd go for a much smoother lookin' beast with no orange leaves, normal eyebrows, no serrations on tail. Then give it two huge Hoppip leaves offa it's shoulder blades and colour them orange.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If possible I'd like to see a picture of it side-view. I also think the eyebrows and serrations on the tail are a bit much, but I like the orange leaves on its arms/legs/around its neck. I'm not sure if big Hoppip leaves would look better or not...

Either way, nice picture ^^

[quote name='"Meangreen"]I'd go for a much smoother lookin' beast with no orange leaves' date=' normal eyebrows, no serrations on tail. Then give it two huge Hoppip leaves offa it's shoulder blades and colour them orange.[/quote']

Where is yer Irish pride, sir?! BTW, those are flower petals--not leaves.

Those spike things are thorns--rose thorns. Do you really think it would look better without 'em?

Okies, I'll draw a side view. Let me just get my drawin' utensils......

Thankies for the compliment. :wink:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Okay.

First of all, It's StellarWind. NOT Stellar Wind, and DEFINITELY not Steller Wind.

Second, It's an "Avatar". Not "A Avator".

Thirdly, the Ivy Dragon is not a PokeMon. It is an original creation of mine, not intended as a PokeMon.

Install spell checker and engage brain before starting mouth.