• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Nem Gen

Nemesis

Former Administrator
My Pokemon ^^

starters.PNG

1 Leafatops Type-Grass Ability-Overgrow
These Pokemon are known for their ferocity, despite their small size. They have no fear about challenging bigger foes.

2 Thornatops Type-Grass Ability Overgrow
The horns growing on Thornatop's head have been known to ram through steel and shatter through the sides of buildings. Because of this trainers need to be weary if this Pokemon runs at them, even playfully.

3-Bloomatops Types-Grass/Ground Ability-Rock Head
After evolution Bloomatops gained a heavy stone like plating. Nutrients run through this from it's feet to the rose which is on it's chest.

Nem Notes-The grass starter line has a high attack stat, with the special stat dropping just behind. Their defence is also quite high, but speed is only average.

Natural moves-
Tackle
Tail Whip
Leech Seed
Horn Attack
Razor Leaf
Slam
Sunny Day
Stomp
Mega Drain
Synthesis
Solar Beam
Double Edge
Earth Quake

4 Lavuana Type-Fire Ability- Blaze
Lavuana's fur is extremely flammable. A sac inside it's body spits out lava, which usually makes the fur catch fire.

5-Moltuana Types-Fire/Rock Ability-Immense Heat (Water attacks do half damage)
When Lavuana evolves, it's lava cools in to a hard rock plating. The heat from the lava underneath evaporates water when it gets close.

6-Metuana- Types-Fire/Steel Ability- Metal Plating (Rock attacks do half damage)
This Pokemon's hide is covered with a durable metal, which does not melt under heat. The metal seems to have shaped itself in to two tubes, which spew fire.

Nem Notes-The fire starter line has a high defence but relatively low special defence. This is helped by Moltuana's ability which cuts water damage back to just 2X. These Pokemon have high special attack, and average attack. Again, their speed is low.

Natural Moves-

Scratch
Growl
Ember
Smokescreen
Scary face
Slam
Flame Wheel
Rock Throw
Rock Blast
Iron Defence
Iron Tail

7 Trimid Type-Water Ability-Torrent
Trimid are extremely shy and fearful. They usually hide at the bottom of the ocean.

8 Shellster Type-Water Ability-Torrent
Now it has claws, Shellster is more willing to fight. It's skin is also developing in to hard armour.

9-Clawster Type-Water Ability-Battle Armour
Clawster's back is covered in a hard shell. Because of this, this Pokemon often tries to make foes attack it there.

Nem Notes- The water line has high defence and speed. However, their attack stats are only above average.

Natural moves-

Tackle
Leer
Bubble
Water Gun
Crabhammer
Headbutt
Vice Grip
Withdraw
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance
Protect
Guilotine

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the first two lines, but the first of the third looks way too shrimpy(no pun intended) compared to the other two basics. Also, the water line could use a shade of blue, or at least purple. Oh, and third like is a smidge too Corphish-y. :p

Nemesis

Former Administrator
The water ones MEANT to be that way. It starts of shrimpish, litterally, and turns in to a monster of claw crushing doom.

Okay then. But I suggest not making it look too worm-like, and maybe give it tiny little pincers. Make it look like a shrimp, and not like bird food. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I agree with Lugiasian. The Water starter just doesn't look strong enough, even for a shrimp ;)

My favourite is probably your Grass-line. Good job on all of 'em, though. I could go for starters like that ^^

Okay, my honest opinion:

The first line is a bit too monochrome. Try adding more shades of green.

Second line is hella cool, only thing is that I find them too much alike. Of course that's just me.

Third line is awesome. I just find the last one a little too shirimpy to be a Water starter. :p

*hiding* Please don't kill me

I agree with Sera, Thornatops at least could use a different shade of green, and the Fire starters look quite similar.

The Water line is by far my favourite. We've never seen Water-type starters before that weren't blue in their non-shiny forms. They don't strike you right off as being Water-types (at least, with the same-coloured Fire-types above them), but when you see that it's a shrimp, then a crayfish, then a mustard...I mean, MONSTER of doom, you know right off that these guys like to spray it, not say it, and it would end up being my first non-Grass-type starter ever.

Gotta hand it to ya, bud, that's some serious spriting. It's got me feeling like making my own Pokémon! *wishes he could do anything close to this good on the computer*

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
As far as the fire starters go, it should probably be noted that at least they are less similar that a certain set of Gold/Silver/Crystal fire starters... and look how popular THEY are.

Nem's Pokemon spriting is quite cool, he uses like 10 different pokemon for different parts of the bodies and ends up using so much that it inevitably becomes next to impossible to tell what Pokemon lent what to the cause. I pretty much suck at Pokemon spriting, much better at trainers. One comment i would give is that Nemmy needs a tad bit of improvement on his shading but aside from that, GOOOO THORNATOPS!

Nemesis

Former Administrator
I'll get some more posted later, but for now, the componant peices if any one was wondering.

Leafatops-Phanpy body (So easy to work with) Weepinbelll leaves, scyther head, dragonite tail, aggron spikes.

Thornatops-Nidorino head and body, same leaves and tail with custom editing on the head for the bone plate at the back of it.

Thornatops-Victreebel leaves, Nidoking head, Khangaskhan body, the rose on the chest is from bellosom and the bits comming from it are groudon's arms.

Lavuana-Metapod body, charmander legs, quilava head and flames.

Moltuana-Metapod body (flipped over), charmeleon legs, typhlosion head, the rock bits are coloured using graveller's pallete.

Metuana-Nosepass body, charizard legs, typhlosion head, steelix colouring and "exhaust" spikes.

Trimid-Yanma and vibrava, with jigglypuff colours.

Shellster-Yanma and vibrava, with Surskit legs and krabby claws

Clawster-Lapras body, Aridos head and legs, kinglers claws, dragonite/yanma tail.

Here are the pokémon animations I made:

Crappy Ones:
BLOOMATOPS!ARMTHRUST!.gif
crappylobsteranimation.gif

Better Ones:
fiestarteranimation.gif
leafatopsanimation.gif
moltaanimation.gif
thornatopsanimation.gif

Best Ones:
lobsta.gif
steelfire2.gif
(Yeah, I know there's a fault in the back ,that's baecause I used version 1 combined with version 2, but it's still good, right?)
timidshrimpthing.gif
CUTE!!!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Those are pretty good, PMJ (can I call you that?). The only one I have a real problem with is the shrimp. I think the closed eye is on the wrong angle... Could just be me, though. Love the tail movement ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Pokémon Master Josh said:
'course you can call me PMJ!

The shrimp: as far as I can see, the angle's ok... what's wrong with it? Nem said it was "CUTE!"

It's because of the pupil placement and shading. To me the closed eye would be on a 20 degree angle or so.

And yeah, I was gonna say. Last I heard at PS you hated Nem (or vice versa) ;)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
:-D That rocks!

^^

I need to start getting you to draw outline drawings for the banner.... and make sure you actually do it. ^^