• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Mysterious Alternating Cave...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The official guide says barely anything about it. Even Serebii.net seems to know nothing. So what's up with this place?

Supposedly quite a few Johto Pokemon are programmed into the cave but, as of yet, are unabtainable. Anyone know what the low down is? I'm looking for the facts! :twisted:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
As you probably know, you can change the pokemon that appear in the cave by changing parts of the code for the cave.

You can do that using an Action Replay or Gameshark.

The legitimate way, however, is more than likely through E-cards.

None of which have made any movement towards being released yet.

So, it's pretty useless for now.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nope. It's on Six Island in FR/LG. As of now it's filled with nothing but low-leveled Zubat x.x

It probably is an e-Reader thing, I'm just surprised that nobody knows the truth yet from the Japanese version. Alternating Cave wasn't added in for us, was it? :?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's in Emerald too. And the Japanese version. The pokemon you can get it are known, but since the method to get them hasn't been given out yet, no-one has gotten them other than by cheating.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Funky o.O

Oh well. Not like it matters to me. I already have access to all of those Johto Pokemon *hugs Colosseum* ^^

If it surprises us with a catchable Legendary, tho, then I'll be interested ;)

I swear that cave must be hiding something or some pokemon because why else would they have the cave in the game .You know you might be able to catch celebi in there because the description for the cave saya the cave dates back in the past and celebi can time travel

M

Meowth_Queen_101

Yah it must have some secert to the cave or some type of code maybe you could find it in the brail writting before you awake the regi's from their sleep!?!?! Just guessing!!! :idea:

For the record, you can enter Altering Cave on the western edge of the eastern half of Route 103 after becoming the League Champion in Emerald. Still no way of getting anything other than Zubat, though.

I'm starting to wonder if we'll EVER find out what the big deal about it is...

Yeah, your friend used GameShark, since even of the Pokemon that are there in the game's data, Celebi isn't among them. I'm betting it was supposed to be an E-Reader thing, myself.