• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Most Useless Poketch Application ?

Useless Poketch Application

• Kitchen Timer

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Past Pokemon Table

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Alarm Clock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Regular Clock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
P

Pikachu_Master

What is the most USELESS Poketch application, I say the Kitchen Timer, you can't cook food in the game, why have it ?

P

Pokestar

Too true. I mean, poffin takes like 5 seconds. What else is it for, maybe out of game stuff.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Of these four options, I'd say the Past Pokemon table. I'm sure some people might find it nifty, but I've never bothered using it.

I'd say the only reason for the kitchen timer is as another fun option for gamers to use outside of DP - much like the coin flip. That's not a bad thing IMO, and I could see some people finding uses for it if they were making supper while playing the games. The alarm clock can also be useful if you needed a reminder. Just don't get in a lengthy battle right before its about to go off xp The regular clock is just a clock, but where's the hurt there? It's great for clock watchers like me, and some people may enjoy the retro, numberless look.

So, yeah. I stand by my vote, but in the end I would've voted on one of the apps you didn't list.

P

Pikachu_Master

Good point Linkachu, maybe I should've put an other category, but I can't edit polls right ? Or can I ?

There was one Poketch application that you got free at the department store in Veilstone. It's a Counter. All it does is count things...It's useless. And what is the Kitchen Counter? Is that what I just described or is it something else.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
You get it for showing a Snorlax to an old lady, I (stupidly) did it, and I shouldn't have

Yeah, you get it at the Pal Park building. First show the lady a Snorlax, then a Kecleon, and you'll get the Kitchen Timer and Kecleon color changing apps respectively.

Hey, useless or not, I want to collect them all just to have =)

What is the most USELESS Poketch application, I say the Kitchen Timer, you can't cook food in the game, why have it ?

Lemme tell you somthing about this list

1.I USE kicthen timer because i cant get alarm clock,i love anything that helps manage time
2.I WOULD KILL FOR THE ALARM CLOCK!damn nintendo for making it event based :(
3.Regular clock is nice when i forget my watch,and i'm sure theres people who dont even have a watch

Well...I voted Kitchen timer XD Because..Uhh..If you COULD cook in the game..that would be..awesome.
I could feed my pokemon whatever they want and have pic-nics and such O_o But other than that..you have alarm clocks around the house right? Im sure everyone does..So thats your way to manage time xP

Well...I voted Kitchen timer XD Because..Uhh..If you COULD cook in the game..that would be..awesome.
I could feed my pokemon whatever they want and have pic-nics and such O_o But other than that..you have alarm clocks around the house right? Im sure everyone does..So thats your way to manage time xP

my only one is my watch.The rest would bug the rest of my family,and even then somtimes i dont have my watch with me

Theres uses for every pokeapp,just somtimes there is a better option.Doesnt mean the option isnt there.I mean theres an option for just about every pokeapp

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I agree. Yeah, we all have calculators in some form, and we probably have clocks around the house, but the various apps are just functions the game makers figured they'd throw in just for the hell of it. I can find uses for them, and sometimes it's more convenient just to use the clock app because it's right there when I need it. In the end, I like 'em all for the variety but some just moreso than others.

P

Pikachu_Master

Just remeber--poll closes June 7trh and that's when I was this thread locked, okay ?

I might remove the Alarm Clock, though