• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Moon and Stars will fall (second!)

Tasmira's eyes felt moist for the plant that now had gone from so happy, to just sad. She knelt down beside her, careful not to crush Moondust's egg, and gently sat in a crosslegged positon. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

Even though Serena had heard Mandrake say that Jordan was joking, she still felt anger bubbling up in her. How can you be so selfish?! She thought in fury as she glared at the dwarf. She knew it was bad if you didn't care, but it was twice as bad if you did care and pretended not to!

"Easy," Phantom whispered to her, placing a huge icy claw in front of her, "someone like Jordan would really hate to not like something or someone, then later have to swallow their pride and say they really do care." Serena opened her mouth to protest but Phantom just held up a claw to her mouth and shook his head back and forth.

Runt's egg was silent. "I didn't know you had a soft side Jordan." He said. His tone no longer mocking and he didn't bother to call him "Jordi." "I guess we misjudged each other."

June's egg suddenly seemed to not be as comforting anymore, her calm aura seemed to suddenly cease like a dammed creek. "I've always wondered what happened. The day some of my power suddenly went away. As if someone had burned down a forest or something." Her egg seemed to be wallowing in sadness. The egg twitched. "I think you should take me to Night." She said.

Jordan didn't respond to Runt's comment. He didn't have a response for him, at least not one he cared to use at the moment. He just continued facing away from Mandrake, staring at nothing.

"Okay," Mandrake replied to June's request. She hauled herself to her feet, and glanced over at Jordan. She walked up to him and handed him Runt's egg. The transition occurred without them looking at each other. Her expression seemed to brighten a little with the excitement one has when finally getting to open up a present on Christmas morning as she approached Night. "What's she gonna be? A dragon like Phantom?"

"I'm wondering when everyone else is getting here," Jordan said. "All things aside, it simply won't do for the only man here to also be the shortest. It puts me on edge. Last time I was in a room with this many tall girls, they forced me to play dress-up. And I'm not going to elaborate, so don't ask."

Night gently took the egg from Mandrake's hands. "No. Every one of these eggs are different." She rumaged in her sleeve and once again pulled out a scarf. It was identical to the last one, she twirled it and held June's egg upwards. "Spirits of the earth and sky. I ask you to release the creature within this egg, so that her and her master may conquer the evil that rules over us." She closed her eyes briefly, then began whispering.

"See the stars, see the moon,
Penned around the blackest night.
See the diamonds red and purple,
Silk and fire and blood and light.
See them turning, ever turning,
Like a great mandala wheel.
Spinning while the fire is burning,
What is false and what is real...?"

Her voice died away and the scarf suddely light up and turned into another glowing orb. Night took this and inserted it into June's egg, which cracked, then shattered. A beam of green light flew out and hit Mandrake right in the chest. Serena knew that the plant didn't feel any pain, just as she had. Her creature's mind had probably just sprouted right next the her's now and the two were now connected by that green light. As the glowing light died down, Serena heard something.

Zzzzzzzmmmmmmmmmmm...

She looked up and then relized that Mandrake's creature, was in fact not a creature at all. It was a small girl! The girl was only a foot tall with short, dark green hair that curled around her ears and leaf green eyes. She wore a short leaf colored tank top with shorts the exact same color, her tank top had three dots in the middle, one pink, one blue, and one yellow. The small girl was fluttered two pairs of dragonfly-like wings on her back and flew to Mandrake, her wings making a soft buzzing sound as they did.

The fairy sat calmly on Mandrake's shoulder, her short legs reaching only Mandrake's chest, "I guess your Mandrake then?" she asked nervously.

Jordan turned to watch as Night began chanting. He had missed Phantom's hatching, and was thus curious about how it went. He started slightly as the beam hit Mandrake, who flinched a little at first but soon realized she wasn't being harmed.

Mandrake's eye grew wide and sparkled with glee as June hatched. She giggled as the fairy alighted on her shoulder.

"That's me," Mandrake said, reaching up and scratching June's noggin with her finger. "And you must be June! Hey, Jordan, look! She's just like Illumil, except with more green! And less cleavage! Wow, I didn't know fairies hatched from such large eggs. I always thought they came from little tiny eggs like fish eggs and laid dozens of them at once so they don't all get eaten by predators and stuff. I also didn't know fairies were born clothed. Most animals are born naked like Phantom. Does this come off? Do you have a belly button?"

Mandrake attempted to lift up June's tank top to have peek at her navel. She didn't try to force it, and she didn't look too long.

"Belly buttons are actually scars from when the umbilical cord comes off, but creatures born from eggs or magic don't often have them unless they were added intentionally. I heard that somewhere, but I forget where. But I guess since you came from a magic egg, you got magic clothes that magically appeared on you. Or they could be living clothes that are actually a part of your body. I don't care much for clothes myself, unless it's, like, really really cold because clothes make you warmer and I don't like being cold. It makes me sleepy. But here its warm so I don't have to wear anything if I don't want. I always wondered why humans wear clothes all the time, but I guess they must've come from someplace really cold and old habits are hard to break, even after thousands of years. Sometimes you see a Barbarian walking around wearing just a loincloth or something, and they always get the oddest looks. I get those looks from humans too, sometimes, but I don't mind. Between you and me, I think they're jealous."

June giggled a little. "Yes, I think I did have them lready on me. But fairies come from eggs that are bigger than fish eggs, but either way we're small. As for a belly button, I don't really know what that is but if my clothes are too cold them I can just cul up in a bed of leaves and use vines as an insulator." She explained to Mandrake, not seeming to even notice that she was running her mouth off.

Serena smiled, "At least they get along nicely." she remarked.

"They really do," Phantom agreed, "but it is also nice to see Mandrake's mind being taken off of suffering and pain." Serena blinked, she too had almost forgotten what Mandrake had said earlier, but she pushed the thoughts away as they began to come back. She wouldn't worry herself now, especially when now was not the time to be worrying.