• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Midnight Ball (based on Monster Prom)(COMPLETE)

Leonard smiled and went to sit down next to Penny, each time he looked at her, his white face went a little bit red. "T-Thank you, I shall. I doubt any of you drink it, but I have some blood with me." He said as he went to prepare himself a cup of tea and turned his head to Ely. "Nice to meet you Ely, my name's Leonard Moonrisen, but everyone calls me Lenny, in terms of songs you can play... maybe a song one can dance to, like Thriller from Michael Jackson?" He says with a smile before he looked at Penny. "So... Penny... how's searching for a career been going for you?" He asked in the hope that he could start a conversation.

Ely nodded and started jamming out. Penny ducked her head and scratched behind her ear. "Well, I've started contacting theatres around this area to see if there's any plays they'd be interested having me in... I'm hoping to get maybe a background part or supporting role. I'm definitely not good enough to be a lead yet." She giggled awkwardly. "What about you?"

~

Meanwhile, Cirrina nodded and shuffled over to make room for Daisy on the blanket. "It's a bit hot out, don't you think?" She asked, fanning herself with a paper fan. "This tree provides the perfect shade for us students that aren't used to sun."

Morgan nodded. "Indeed, Cirrina and I are much more inclined towards our studies than any outdoor activities. And Keira, who we just met, seems to more easily manifest in darker areas." The ghost nodded, smiling happily at Daisy.

"I made some friends!" She chirped. Morgan smiled briefly before returning to their book. "We were just talking about our powers, since I was curious about how human magic works. Since I'm a ghost, I can disappear and pass through things whenever I want." She demonstrated by phasing through the trunk of the tree, then reappearing on the other side.

"I can do this." Morgan made a gesture and the dirt near the base of the tree stirred, a little skeleton mouse rising from the soil. It chattered its teeth and crawled up Morgan's sleeve to perch on his shoulder. "Necromancy is not something many humans take lightly, but death magic has always come naturally to me. It would be pointless to waste that talent."

Cirrina tossed her hair over one shoulder. "Hm, well, I suppose I should show off as well!" Her eyes glowed purple as the plate of triangle-cut sandwiches floated up into the air. "Telekinesis is one of my specialties. Potion-making is the other, although there aren't any cauldrons around to demonstrate." She looked at Daisy. "How about you, sweetie?"

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Daisy watched as they demonstrated their powers and smiled, when she was asked about her own abilities she looked thoughtful for a second and then turned to them, "well I can teleport when it's dark and I can drain the life out of someone with a touch but I don't do that unless I'm working with dad, I also give off a sense of unease when i want to and I can conjure and control soul flames" she said as she conjured a bright blue flame in the palm of her hand and made it dance between her hands before snuffing it out. She smiled "my dad tells me there is more but for now that's all I can do" she added.

"I understand." Leonard said as he took a sip of his recently made tea. "I think that's wonderful, I hope you get a good theater job so you can sing your heart out... and honestly, I've heard you sing before and... I know for a fact that it's too beautiful to always hide in the background." He said with a blush. "As for me... I can't really say, one of two things I may wanna look in to doing is either something that would involve dancing or something that'd involve fashion." The vampire said as he took another sip of his tea and turned his head to listen to Ely's kazoo song.

"Yep, that's cool!" Keira chirped. Morgan and Cirrina nodded in agreement. "I guess each of us has their own unique talents." Cirrina tilted her head thoughtfully. "I don't suppose I could borrow you after class one day? Those soul flames could be useful for melting down certain potion ingredients."

Daisy: +1 fun for showing off your skills! (On picnic days you can choose one extra category to receive points in, so pick one: intelligence, courage, fun, or creativity)

~

Penny hummed to show she was listening, a flush high on her cheeks. "Oh, thank you," she said quietly in response to the compliments. "I think dancing for a job sounds quite fun. And if you went into fashion I'm sure you'd do just fine as well. Not that I would know much about that, since I'm always wearing the same coat." She stroked her sealskin coat lovingly.

Leonard: +1 creativity for showing interest in more artsy-type jobs! (On picnic days you can choose one extra category to receive points in, so pick one: intelligence, courage, fun, or creativity)

Leonard smiled as he sipped his tea. "I think it's a wonderful coat." He said, unaware that his snow white face showed a clear shade of red. "Although in terms of fashion, I'd honestly say I'm too big a fan of fancy suits and good hats that go with them, I mean, if you're gonna do things in life, you should look good while doing them. Personally, I've been wondering if I should wear anything special to the prom..." He said as he drank the last of his tea and set the cup aside.

"As for dancing, I wanna do what I can to learn all types... and I enjoy it because it feels only natural; whenever I hear a great song, I feel like I have to just get down and start dancing!" He said as he slowly got up to stand next to Ely and suddenly began to do the Michael Jackson Thriller dance. The sensation couldn't help but put a smile on the vampire's face.

Leonard: +1 intelligence. (Will edit out if it isn't appropriate with what Lenny decided to do rather than what may seem smart.)

The picnic ended on a cheerful note, with the event organizers giving out reminders to study for the upcoming final exams.

Leonard: Intelligence: 3 Creativity: 5 Courage: 3 Fun: 4 Wealth: 6
Maya: Intelligence: 2 Creativity: 3 Courage: 3 Fun: 1 Wealth: 4
Fuyuko: Intelligence: 2 Creativity: 1 Courage: 6 Fun: 3 Wealth: 0
Daisy: Intelligence: 3 Creativity: 2 Courage: 4 Fun: 4 Wealth: 8
Kana: Intelligence: 2 Creativity: 4 Courage: 2 Fun: 3 Wealth: 2

~

Day 7
With the end of the week, the shop was having a sale: all lost-and-found items were 2 wealth coins each!
(Other locations are: classroom, library, bathroom, cafeteria, sports field, basement, roof, hallway, gymnasium, and auditorium (sorry I couldn't think of an organic way to write them in))
Where will you go?

Last edited:
Leonard soared through the skies towards school as a little bat, he dived at the school grounds and it looked as if a smoke bomb just landed, but rather than the little bat that appeared through the cloud of dust, the well dressed vampire emerged with a smile while a few monsters briefly looked at him. "That vampire sure loves to make an entrance." A lamia said to her centaur friend as they walked in, Leonard shared the same idea and also walked inside and decided to go to the hallway where his locker was. As the end of the week was close at hand, he wanted to take a few things out and put other things in that he may need for the upcoming week whether they be for his studies or his personal reasons such as dancing or hanging out with his friends.

Day 7: Hallway
Ke'ah was pacing back and forth at the end of the hallway, looking very stressed. Her ears were twitching and her eyes were glowing red. She noticed Leonard and hesitated for a moment before striding up to him. "Sorry to bother you, but have you seen a sphere-like object about this big?" She held her hands about a foot apart. "I think I left it somewhere out here."

Leonard raised an eyebrow while he closed his locker to look at Ke'ah. "No, I can't say I have, sorry." The vampire said and shook his head. "Although I don't have much going on, so if you like, I'd be more than happy to help you find it, that is if you're cool with that." He said while he gave the alien a friendly smile. "What else does it look like other than being a sphere?" He asked.

Ke'ah's face fell slightly, but then rose once Leonard offered his assistance. "It lets off a reddish light and makes like a buzzing sound at a high frequency? I can hear it somewhere around here... perhaps your ears are more sensitive than mine, so you could pinpoint the location?" She sighed anxiously. "Hopefully it doesn't break..."

Leonard smiled at the alien, clearly he was happy to help and simply gave her a nod. "Reddish light, buzzing sound at high frequencies, gotcha." He said and listened carefully. "Yeah, I hear it too..." The vampire said before he walked around the hallway to hear where it might be, the closer he got, the louder the sound was. "Let's see..." He said before he noticed a strange red object behind one of the trash cans that gave off the same strange sound. "Hey, is this it?" He asked as he knelt down to get a closer look.

Ke'ah's eyes lit up, and she let out a chirp of joy before quickly flushing and regaining her composure. "Yes, that's it!" She picked up the orb and hugged it close to her chest. "Oh, thank Solis, it's undamaged. This is a beacon from Komary, my home planet. Without it, they wouldn't know where to pick me up when I go back home. Thank you so much, Leonard. If there's anything you need my help with, don't hesitate to ask. I'm in your debt." She bowed her head and left with a happy smile on her face.

Leonard: +1 intelligence for efficiently locating the missing object!

~

There was only one more day before the Midnight Ball, and students went home, eager to prepare their promposals.
Leonard: Intelligence: 4 Creativity: 5 Courage: 3 Fun: 4 Wealth: 6
Maya: Intelligence: 2 Creativity: 3 Courage: 3 Fun: 1 Wealth: 4
Fuyuko: Intelligence: 2 Creativity: 1 Courage: 6 Fun: 3 Wealth: 0
Daisy: Intelligence: 3 Creativity: 2 Courage: 4 Fun: 4 Wealth: 8
Kana: Intelligence: 2 Creativity: 4 Courage: 2 Fun: 3 Wealth: 2

~

Day 8
This was the last day before the Midnight Ball, as well as the beginning of finals. As such, many students were in the library studying. The classrooms, auditorium and gymnasium were all full, while the shop, bathrooms, cafeteria, sports field, basement, roof, and hallways were mostly empty.
Where will you go?

Leonard arrived at school a lot like everyone else, and by that, he didn't make any flashy entrance or anything. As the finals happened, he knew that this was something he had to take a bit more seriously, so he decided to make his way over to the library so he could study with everyone else. The vampire liked the library due to how quiet it usually was, but he noticed how there were many other students who had the same plan and took up most of the spaces, so finding a good one proved to be difficult, as he tried to find a nice spot where he didn't have to worry about disturbances, he remembered how the Midnight Ball was just around the corner, his mind blushed at the thought on asking someone to the dance, and there was only one girl on his mind that he planned to ask.

Leonard shook his head to try and get his mind more focused on his studies and managed to find a nice spot close to one of the corners, he race walked back to the shelves that had books related to any of his studies and picked one out at random, then he went back to the spot he found and sat down to claim it before anyone else did.

Day 8: Library
Morgan was once again sitting at one of the tables, this time with a few magazines scattered around them. They seemed a little stressed out, which was strange considering not even finals had affected their stress levels thus far. They glanced over at Leonard, hesitated, then looked away again. After a few more minutes of looking through magazines they stood and approached the vampire.

"Hey, Leonard. Eh... I'd like to ask your opinion on something?" They showed him the magazines they were looking at. The pages were all flipped to romance advice. "I'm researching ways to ask someone to the ball tomorrow... I know it sounds lame but I didn't know what else to do. But out of these three, what do you think is the most thoughtful?"

The first magazine showed a tutorial on how to make your own traditional sign, with beautiful calligraphy and decoration, asking "blank" out. The second was a more unique option: a hidden note at the end of a scavenger hunt. The third was a tale encouraging the reader to write a speech to their beloved.

Leonard was about to open his book when he noticed Morgan approach him. "Oh hey Morgan, what's up?" He asked before he heard what they had to say and leaned forward to look at the magazines. He pondered as he looked at each one individually and it made him think on how he could ask out the girl he planned to go with. "Hmm... the first one seems like one used a lot, but good nonetheless, the second one sounds like it might be fun if they enjoy something like a hunt, the third one seems more poetic, but that all depends on how confident you are with your writing, words and charisma."

Leonard put his book on his lap and pondered. "Perhaps... option one or option three; the latter is if you do feel confident with your words and all that. But then, you may know them better than I do, so it's really up to you... and for your sake, I won't ask who the potentially lucky individual is." The vampire added with a wink.

Morgan blushed as they considered Leonard's advice. "I'm not the best at speaking... however, perhaps a written note would be a good idea?" They untucked a pencil from their hair and scribbled something down on a piece of paper. "Thank you for your advice, hopefully tomorrow you will see me pleasantly surprised and not heartbroken. And with that," they gathered up the magazines, "I should get back to studying. See you in class!"

Leonard: +1 courage for suggesting a bold option!

~

The Midnight Ball was finally here: who will be asking who to the ball?
Leonard: Intelligence: 4 Creativity: 5 Courage: 4 Fun: 4 Wealth: 6

Last edited:
Leonard smiled and nodded at Morgan before he focused on his studies, when it was time to go home, the vampire quickly went to slide a letter in to Penny's locker door before he race walked away, the letter didn't have his signature, only a request to meet somewhere.

~

The Midnight Ball was finally upon the school as many students arrived, Leonard's clothing was different for this occasion; He wore a black fedora and a blood red buttoned shirt with a white ascot around his neck, Black pants and smart shoes under an ankle long high collared coat with a red interior. Rather than join everyone who went to the school to where the Midnight Ball was held, the vampire walked over to the sports field under a notably large tree and put his hands in his pockets, he had hoped that Penny got his note, whether she didn't see it or did but refused to listen to what it said remained to be seen.

On the outskirts of the school grounds was a winding river, and it was from there that Penny appeared. Her seal-head popped out of the water before she transformed into her human form, stepping gracefully onto the shore with a single sandalled foot. She was wearing a shimmery light blue floor-length dress with her sealskin coat around her shoulders, and her brown hair was pinned back with a seashell clip. Nervously scanning the field, she spotted Leonard and made her way over to the tree.

"Hello, Lenny. You're the one that left me that note, hm?" She ducked her eyes shyly and smiled. "I'd be happy to go to the ball with you. Shall we?"

Arm-in-arm, the two headed to the gymnasium, which had been decked out in all manner of decorations to match the theme: a night of magic. An illusion of the night sky replaced the rooftop, and a hazy dream-like mist swirled below foot. Morgan caught Leonard's eye from across the room and waved happily at him, with Indigo's arm wrapped around their shoulder. The nymph had a couple flowers blooming from his hair, indicating his good mood. On the dancefloor, Cirrina was twirling Keira around merrily. Leonard could hear the ghost girl's giggles even above the chatter of the crowd.

A group consisting of Ankaa, Ariel, Flynn and Ely were hanging around in the corner, stealing chips from each other's plates and laughing amongst themselves. Next to them, Dossa and Ke'ah were at the food table, with the latter explaining all the different kinds of food to the former. Even Vedius was in an affectionate mood, sitting quietly on a bench next to Krisha, the crow-hybrid's right wing wrapped around the two of them.

The ball went on throughout the night, with the music building and a false blood moon rising overhead. Food and drinks were distributed liberally, with enough to go around for everyone. Penny relaxed more and more as friends came to greet Leonard and her, and was able to work up the courage to finally dance with Leonard (and the work he'd put into his dance skills had paid off!).

It was a night to remember, for sure!

THE END

(Thanks for sticking with me til the very end! It was wonderful having you, if you ever are looking for people to join an rp feel free to message me!)