• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Metroid Thread

Before you go on, bear in mind that there may be spoilers in this thread. You have been warned.

I noticed at some point that many Charmsians seem to like the Metroid series. I couldn't find a thread like this, so I posted it myself; a thread where you can talk about anything Metroid-related, the awesomeness of Super Metroid, Other M, wether or not you like the Prime Trilogy.

I haven't been playing Metroid for over half a year yet, but I personally love the series. I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy this spring, and i've been liking it very much so far. At first my favorite was Corruption, but I found Bryyo and SkyTown rather tiring, so I started playing Prime instead. It quickly became my new favorite Prime game. I've just obtained the Space Jump and I'm rambling about trying to find out where to go next ^^'

I don't have Other M, but I want it. My friend bought it last week and it looks absolutely amazing. I'm not too sure about my thoughts on the story, but the gameplay looks awesome.

There are a few Metroid games that I'm itching to get my hands on; Other M, Fusion, Metroid II and Zero Mission. I can only afford to buy one of them, but my birthday's coming up so I hope I can get one or maybe two of those games then :>

So. Subject: Metroid. Go!

EDIT: I defeated Sheegoth, got the Wave Beam and battled my first real Metroid :D I had battled Metroid... Hoppers? in Corruption, but this was my first real one. It was in Phenandra in the Space Pirate lab.

OH and I played Metroid on a site that has NES games. That game is hard though :/