• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Meta-Gods of Magerra [Original Fantasy RP]

This is a Medieval-style Fantasy genre RP. It takes place in my own made up world. For details, read (or at least skim) through these: https://pokecharms.com/series/fantasy-rp-ideas.4700/
Like, seriously, it will help you understand a lot of the terms I may use.

Here's the RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-metagods-of-magerra-original-medieval-fantasy-rp.17361/

The Prophets were a group of men and women from different races who had high intellect. While the Prophets were mainly Elven, there were indeed some of the other races. So far in recorded history, there had only been a handful of Gatandres Prophets, all of which have been Nalok-dres.
The Prophets are informed by the Gods of prophecies, destinies, and threats that can harm both the Gods and mortals. This, coupled with the reading of ancient scrolls that supposedly predate even the Elves, makes them highly respected. Prophets have never been known to lie to the people when they receive word from the Gods.

The Gods have spoken to the prophets once more. Possibly the worst possible thing has happened. Avarama, the Tainted God, is being resurrected by an obsessive cult known as the Kuren Cult. A group of heroes, some Meta-Gods, some plain mortals, have been instructed to band together and defeat him. While the process will still take some time, the Gods have no idea where the ritual is being performed. The group of to-be heroes must journey across Magerra in hopes of tracking down the Kuren Cult and putting an end to their ritual.

The group of heroes-to-be will probably meet in Armonia or one of its surrounding villages.

@CosmicDreams

Now, for the rules:
1. This shouldn't need to be said but read and familiarize yourself with the Pokecharms General RP Rules.
2. While I won't knock you if grammar isn't your strong suit, please do your best.
3. Put "Oreos" somewhere in your form so I know you read the rules. I need to be cautious.
4. You are currently permitted to have three characters (I might raise the limit to four or five), only one of which can be a Metagod.
6. There is no Rule #5.
7. Romance, swearing, and blood is allowed.
8. Try to keep things along the lines of the lore of Magerra. For example, please don't make a Lykoire or Lufenus mage, considering it is impossible, save for one route. It will be mentioned later.
9. There are no Metagods with Raelyn as their parent.
10. Avarama, the Tainted God, has no children.
11. Let's try to avoid Mary Sues and Gary Stus, a'ight?
13. Have fun.
12. The rules may be subject to editing. I will inform you all here if that happens.
14. I bet you didn't notice I switched 12 and 13.
15. That's all.
16. No, seriously, stop.
17. Thank you.

Godly Benefits
These perks are bestowed upon Metagods. Every Metagod, no matter the parent, has a slight increase to all their physical and mental attributes. However, each god or goddess also bestows a unique gift.

Nasir- Children of Nasir are naturally more persuasive and musically talented.

Raelyn- None, because Raelyn has no Metagod children.

Gallas- Children of Gallas are naturally brave. When the sun is visible, their physical attributes (strength, endurance, etc.) increased slightly.

Diala- When the moon is visible to them, a child of Diala have the ability to cloak themselves in darkness for a short time, becoming invisible to all. However, those who rely on their other senses may still find them. They are naturally more agile and swift.

Gwera- Children of Gwera are naturally stronger than other Metagods. They are a terror on the battlefield and are especially good with war hammers and battleaxes.

Fiksas- Children of Fiksas are naturally more intelligent and are known to be great leaders. They also excel artistically and are good architects.

Kastelsi- Children of Kastelsi can breathe underwater. They also usually excel at archery. This makes many elven children of Kastelsi very dangerous archers.

Va'hinmal- Very few children of Va'hinmal have been born. The few that have, though, have been known to possess unnaturally powerful Magic Abilities. This is the only way for a Lykoire or Lufenus to possess Magic.

Now, finally, for the character form. Optionals are marked with "*". "Godly Parent" can be left blank or with an "N/A" if said character is not a Metagod. I shall make my own later.
Character Form---
Name:
Species:
Clothing/Armor:
*Personality:
*Backstory:
Are They a Metagod?:
Godly Parent:

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Well I finished reading all of your RP ideas, but I want to know. Besides having godly blood, what do meta-gods have? I mean, enhanced strength, senses, etc. makes sense, but we don't know much of the powers that meta-gods or gods themselves have.

I planned on writing a lore section later, and that's where it will specify what the Meta-Gods can specifically do. But for convenience sake, I'll list some here.

Like you guessed, they have slightly enhanced senses so they're naturally good in a fight. Of course, that doesn't make them unstoppable when compared to mortals. But for someone that would have a similar background, the Meta-Gods would be superior. For example, you have a Felinar Meta-God (which will be my main) who is a thief/assassin who is fighting a normal Gatandres. The Gatandres would still be naturally stronger but the Felinar could hold her own better than she could have otherwise.

Some Gods, of course, enhance different abilities more. Children of the Goddess of War would be stronger, children of Diala are naturally stealthy, etc. I'm also considering other abilities. For example, perhaps children of Diala would be able to perceive time slower when they wanted to, since Diala is the Goddess of Time as well.

I'll post a list in the original post within an hour or two along with everything else.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I'll probably be either an Elf (I love magic), a Lufenus, or a Nalok-dres. If I had to chose a god to be my parent, (I hope I can) it'd be Fiksas.

About to start editing the OG post now. I'm allowing up to three characters at the moment, and everyone is permitted to have one Metagod character.

Very good question. But, no. At least, usually. The children of Metagods are usually (and I mean very usually) normal mortals. There have been only a handful of exceptions.

OG post has now been edited. Forms, rules, and unique abilities for Metagods are up.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name: Nexro Kamus
Species: Lykoire
*Sexuality: Heterosexual
Physical Appearance: Red eyes and black hair, tail, and ears. Muscular build.
Clothing/Armor: Wears a black mask that outlines his eyes and a bandana that covers his mouth. Under his armor, he wears a long sleeved black shirt and black pants. In battle, he has enchanted armor with a black and red color scheme.
*Personality: To be revealed in the RP
*Backstory: To be revealed in the RP
Are They a Metagod?: Yes
Godly Parent: Va'hinmal
Other: Oreos

Last edited:
Name: Katherine Mavis
Species: Felinar
*Sexuality: Pan
Physical Appearance: has medium blonde hair, her ears and tail also yellow, has golden colored eyes
Clothing/Armor: wear brown shorts and a grey Blouse, is usually barefoot, has sunglasses on top of her head
*Personality: Fun loving and easily excitable but is usually calm and collected, very carefree, likes Oreos
*Backstory: Will be told in the RP
Are They a Metagod?: Kind of
Godly Parent: Grand-daughter of Diala

Last edited:
Name: Shane Lyon
Species: Human
*Sexuality: Straight
Physical Appearance: Shane as jet black hair with dark brown eyes. He has a fit build.
Clothing/Armor: Wears a black hoodie with a white t-shirt underneath, black jeans and shoes.
*Personality: Shane is cold, quite and is normally very calm.
*Backstory: Don't know yet.
Godly Parent: Diala

This deservers some Oreos

Name: Kalrey Threespirit
Species: human
*Sexuality: homosexual
Physical Appearance: shoulder length black hair, chocolate brown eyes
Clothing/Armor: she wears a dark red sleeveless shirt that has a built in hood, brown leather armour, ash grey pants, Oreos, brown boots and a white long sleeved turtle neck that she can pull to cover her lower face and that is under her red shirt, leather bracers
Are They a Metagod?: no
Godly Parent: none

Alright, @Koopa6000 you're missing something. Make sure to read the rules and let me know once you've edited your form.

Everyone else has everything and is accepted. I'll try and make the RP soon.

Name: Daniel Gray
*Sexuality: Straight
Physical Appearance: Black hair swept to the right with a white streak, black and white ears. Blue eyes. Pale white skin. Black and white tail
Clothing/Armor: He has a black hooded assassin garb, with a shoulder guard and a small cape.. He has quiver with a black bow and a broadsword. He also wears black pants and black boots.
*Personality: Daniel is loyal friend, kind, and charismatic. Due to his natural good looks and his charisma, Daniel is quite a flirt. Daniel is also naive and gullible, becuase he always tries to see good in people
Godly Parent: Diala

Name: Melody Lyn
*Sexuality: Bisexual
Physical Appearance: long brown hair and broen eyes. Her eyes and tail are the same color.
Clothing/Armor: She wears a Tan dress with a small green coat that has hood. She keeps a dagger inside her jacket.
Are They a Metagod?: Nope
Godly Parent: N/A Oreos

Name: Luna Niko
Species: Nalok-dres
Physical Appearance: Luna has violet eyes, black ears, and a black tail with a white tail-tip. She was named after a white crescent marking on her right ear. Her hair is black and about chin-length.(Color scheme is like an Oreo, huh?)
Clothing/Armor: Luna wears a black hooded sleeveless shirt, black pants, and black combat boots. For armor, she has a silver chestplate and knee and elbow pads of the same color. Finishing off her outfit is a white bandanna that Luna wears around her neck.
Are They a Metagod?: Yee.
Godly Parent: Nasir

*Was lowkey going to make my main character a daughter of Diala, but changed my mind after seeing so many children of Diala.*
Also, remember, this means that every Metagod here (save for mine, Cloud's, and Cosmic's as of now) is a brother or sister. Except in Koopa's case. I think his would be, like, y'all's niece. I also noticed the Lykoire seem to be popular. Noted.

And accepted, Cloud. I see what you did there. Clever.

Also, sorry this took so long.

Name: Neo Hale
Species: Felinar
*Sexuality: Homosexual
Physical Appearance: Neo is about the average height for a Felinar, being 5'4". She has a lithe body frame with a fair skin tone. She has long, black hair that goes to about the middle of her back. Her cat ears and tail match her hair color. Her left eye is an emerald green while her right is violet.
Clothing/Armor: Neo wears dark grey pants with worn, black boots, a black, sleeveless shirt, and a black cloak. She can also pull up a hood from her cloak that helps hide her identity. She has a bow on her back along with a quiver of arrows and two steel daggers strapped to her sides.
*Personality: Neo is very flirtatious. However, once she gets to know someone, she's a loyal friend who won't give up on them. Even then, though, she still likes to flirt far too often. Neo often does it as a distraction in combat to get her opponent flustered, which usually works with a specific Lykoire guard. She's naturally a bit more cautious around Humans and Gatandres, but more-so with Humans. She often steals things, but only from the rich slave owners in Armonia and its surrounding villages.
*Backstory: Will be revealed in Roleplay.
Are They a Metagod?: Yes.
Godly Parent: Kastelsi

Name: Mollie Slateblood
Physical Appearance: Mollie is tall, standing at 6'2". She has long, brown hair that goes to her waist. Her ears and tail, of course, match her hair color. Her eyes are a yellow hue. She has a milky-white skin tone. She's well-muscled.
Clothing/Armor: When she's not on-duty for the guard, Mollie wears a tan tunic with matching pants and dbrown boots. However, when on-duty Mollie dons a set of heavy, metal armor. It is the standard armor of the guards in Tumana. A set of steel armor covering the majority of her body along with a helmet. Each helmet has a blue-feathered plume going vertically across the helmet, from the back of it to a bit past the middle and towards the opened area (for this armor, think old roman armor but with a blue plume). She also has a steel shield and sword. She keeps the shield at the ready on her left arm and the sword is usually in its scabbard on her left side.
*Personality: The opinion of her father means a lot to Mollie, and she aims to please him and everyone around her. She doesn't usually concern herself with what she wants and more on what others want. She's a bit on the shy side when it comes to socializing, but she does manage. She's easilly embarrassed and flustered.
*Backstory: Mollie was born to a Human male and a female Lufenus. Gowever, Mollie's mother died in childbirth. This forced her father to leave the city guard to raise her. He raised her well and taught her the way of warriors. He expected Mollie to join the guard when she came of age, and she did. She only turned eighteen a few weeks ago, so she's still rather new to her job in the guard. She's often a target for embarrassment with the thief Neo.
Are They a Metagod?: No.
Godly Parent: N/A

FINALLY, I'M DONE. GG, this took much longer than I wanted. I'll make the first post of the RP.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Too many lylioires xD I expected them to be unpopular. Now I'm gonna make a female elf to make things interesting.

I know, I wasn't expecting the Lykoire to be so popular. I think, without the addition of my character, that makes there being one more Lykoire character than the Human characters. I honestly expected most people to go for the Felinar and Humans.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Same. I don't think I'll have more than my elf. A warrior mage and dedicated archer already sound op enough without another warrior human.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name: Lydia Zelpher
Species: Elf
*Sexuality: Heterosexual
Physical Appearance: She has light green hair and eyes. Lydia looks much younger than what a normal 78 human would look like because of her elf heritage and she is usually mistaken for a young adult by other species.
Clothing/Armor: Lydia wears a brown and dark green cloak surrounding her normal wear. She has her bow and quiver in the back of the cloak. She also wears rectangular glasses and a black shirt under the chainmail chestplate that's under her cloak. Lydia wears black shorts so she doesn't lose her speed.
*Personality: Lydia is a cold person and only respects people that are intelligent, powerful, and noble. She only speaks to people she deems worthy of or to tell people to leave her alone.
*Backstory: Lydia was born as an orphan as her elf parent passed away in battle. She was left in an orphanage and was adopted by an alone female mage elf. Lydia was born without magic and was mocked when she was in school and when she was in the orphanage. Her lack of magic is also the reason why she was in the orphanage for 11 years. She was always at the top of her class in school and grew up to be a very intelligent person. When she was bullied in school she looked at the person with a cold glare which usually scared them off. When she felt alone or sad her parent always cared for her and her parent was the first person she respected and cared for. As soon as she was out of the orphanage Lydia asked her mother to help her get stronger. Because of her lack of magic, Rosalia her mother taught her archery (Rosalia will not be used as a character unless as an npc). Lydia since then dedicated her life to the art and is now a prideful, intelligent, skilled archer. Her godly blood makes her an even more powerful archer.
Godly Parent: Kastelsi
Other: Oreos

Last edited:
Lol, gg. I can see those two getting along perfectly. See the sarcasm? Accepted.

Also, I'd like to issue a little challenge. Among these gods, one of them is named after an artist. I will only tell you a few things. A God has this name, and not a Goddess. The artist is male and African-American. He may be an artist (As in painting) or a music artist. He could be either. That is all I will tell you. The first person to guess can have a second character be a Metagod if they want. Or, they can just have an extra Character Slot, as I'm going to call them.

I'll give everyone a 24 hour period. I won't answer anything until everyone has guessed. If no one has guessed it by 9:50 AM tomorrow morning Eastern Standard Time, I'll tell everyone the answer.

Both. I need people to specify who the artist is (a link to something involving them will do just fine) and which God I named after them. I'm giving everyone one try, but since I think you misunderstood me, you can try something else.