• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Merging of Outridge and Elk Grove!

Elenor shrugged "not sure honestly, I just noticed you've got a friendtendio change and you play catchimon and I think you must seem pretty cool!" She explained with a giggled "and don't worry, I'm not trying to embarrass you or anything" she added spontaneously, in a wild attempt to make her not seem like she's just some stuck up Elk Grove girl who enjoys ruining people's day

The girl seemed really nice, but that was a problem for Christine. She would've been fine with talking, and maybe even making friends, with the girl but it really isn't that simple when both schools that hate each other for a hobby are right in the proximity of the two. There was no doubt in Christine's mind that if anyone were to find out that they were talking to each other, they would both get instant hate from both schools.

"Um...that's nice," Christine said, "But I, um...I think we need to find a more secluded place to talk." Before Christine even introduced herself, or even give Elenor a chance, she grabbed Elenor's hand and ran to another place in the school where most students wouldn't be able to see the two.

The area that Christine chose was a big oak tree really close to the school. Christine looked around to see if there was anybody else, and sighed in relief as she didn't really see anybody.

"Well gave I just met someone who's more jumpy around new kids then me?" She said with a giggle "so, I haven't told you my name yet now have I?" Elenor smiled and chuckles "well I'm Elenor but I've been called stuff more like 'gaybo' and 'gross lesbian' so fall me whatever!" This was said with a quite out of the ordinary cheerfulness in her voice

Christine just looked at Elenor confused, not knowing whether the girl was joking or not because of her out of the ordinary cheerful tone. It was obvious that the girl had to deal with a fair share of homophobia, and Christine could relate a bit. She was bi-sexual but she never told anyone about it, not even her parents. She was scared of telling anyone, and she kept it that way.

"I think I'm just going to call you Elenor, if that's okay," Christine replied, "I think I should introduce myself too, my name's Christine, Christine Johnson. And I'm sorry about dragging you all the way here, I just thought...it was more safe to be here than out there."

She shrugged cheerful "ah no problem! I get it" she nodded as she spoke "a girl with a jumper saying 'queer club' talking to you could make people's imagination start up and in a few days apparently we're together" she said with her tone slightly dampening "it's happened before, not the best year of my life"

There was a bit of a hitch in her breathing before her gulp then she smiled "anyway I get it don't worry!" Elenor giggled then shrugged "oh well that's life I guess"

Christine kind of blushed, but hid it, and then she was also jumpy. "No! No! No! I wasn't implying anything like that!" Christine exclaimed, though tried her best to keep it in a low tone, "I honestly don't care about hanging out with anyone from the LGBT community. My problem is... Elk Grove's and Outridge's rivalry. If anyone were to see us hanging out together, we would both get instant hate. The homophobic jokes might get even worse, and some people might start harassing you! I don't want that for either you or me."

While Christine herself was glad to get to be able to hang out with a student from Elk Grove, she had no idea how the rest of the school would act. Christine and Elenor might even get twice the hate considering both schools now share one building! Whatever the case, no one can know about this. It'll only start havoc.

She nodded "oh yeah! Ok sorry! I must look like the most rude and paranoid piece of crap" she bite her lip and looked at her "so nobody can know about us is what your saying?". Elenor pondered this for a while and then giggled "ok! I can do that! Thanks as well, for like, caring about my well being" she added

Christine nodded to what Elenor said. "It's no problem, really," Christine said, "I just don't want to see anybody get hurt, is all." That was kind of ironic, considering Christine took boxing classes and she was known for not holding back during her matches. "Besides, I haven't had any friends this school year. It might be a nice change of things, ya' know?"

While it was true Christine didn't have any friends, it was just that she was never able to meet anyone she felt had the same interests as her. That and she's just an awkward mess and thinks that people hate her just because.

She smiled "thanks a lot" she said sitting down at the base of the tree "so you play catchimon I see" Elenor commented in a attempt to start a conversation about something they both enjoyed talking about and playing "And also, I know this is a bit off topic but you seem pretty cool"

Seconds turned into minutes as Lacey grimly explored the selected feeds of different social medias. She was everything but excited for the coming day as the bell shrieked. Students began piling through the doors, while Lacey stepped to the side to drop her phone in her backpack. As she zipped up the dark material, a mass that reeked with arrogance and hostility abruptly rammed themselves into her shoulder. Quickly whipping her head up with narrow eyes, she wasn't surprised to be staring at the same nimrod from mere minutes ago. "Don't get too comfortable," was all he said before he and the goons surrounding him entered the building. The female rolled her eyes hard.

Tossing the backpack over her shoulder, Lacey hesitantly entered the building through the wide doors. She cringed - the hallways was all too wrong, the atmosphere completely different, and the faces were complete strangers. Closing her eyes and gritting her teeth, Lacey huffed before heading to her newly assigned classroom - the ever dreaded calculus. Sure, the girl never had learning issues with the class, but instead found listening to (in her opinion) meaningless equations that could hardly be related to the "real world" incredibly lame. Every student had been notified through text or call that details about classes would be listed on the website of Outridge, so Lacey was no exception.

It took her a few more minutes than she would have liked to admit, but Lacey finally managed to wander into the correct classroom. On the teacher's desk sat several unused calc. books for the new students. Lacey bit her tongue as she mindlessly grabbed one, holding it low in one hand. She scanned the unfamiliar room, eyeing chairs that were unoccupied. The current plethora of students seemed to omit an uncomfortable aura. The girl couldn't blame them, however, as she walked to the back of the room and sat down in a seat near the wall. She recognized maybe two kids that were originally from Elk Grove. As it had turned out, several former students of the school refused to attend Outridge, and were already making plans to find new schools to attend.

Mildly, Lacey opened the fresh book and stared at the first page with melancholy. Sighing, she pushed it away from her and rest her head in her hand, staring blankly at the wall beside her.

Christine was kind of shocked from the compliment Elenor gave her, and said, "Wow...uh, um....thanks. I don't really think I'm anything special, I just-" But before Christine could say any more, the bell rang, hence the commencing of class.

Christine looked back at Elenor, and said, "It was fun talking to you, but I think it's time we head to class. Let's see each other again, but when we're alone, alright?" And liked that Christine headed right into her first class of the day, Calculus.

The classroom had way more students than before because of the Elk Grove incident, and the classroom felt too crowded, which Christine didn't really like much. She had always enjoyed her privacy, drawing on her sketchbook in the classroom on her desk, but with as many people as there were in the class, Christine didn't find that possible.

She merely sighed, however, and sat on her desk. She opened up the page in her textbook that the teacher told them to look. Christine closed her textbook as she felt as she understood the source material and immediately started working on her worksheet.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Taeguk made his way towards the first period of the day. The school felt more crowded now, due to the fire incident from Elk Grove. Outridge feels too, exposed, fro Taeguk's liking. It used to be Outridge where there were less people and you could do stuff more on your own. But now, it felt like there were more eyes on you, plus with the Elk Grove students, more judgmental people as well. Calculus was definitely more crowded than usual, and the reason was obvious.

The yearbook head made his way towards his desk, which already had trash and mess all around it. Of course, more students, means more litter and trash for everyone to deal with in one campus. It was another easy day for Calculus, in Taeguk's opinion at least. The only downfall was the noise level dramatically increased from Elk Grove.

Another disadvantage was that Taeguk couldn't properly take pictures as normal anymore. Usually his yearbook pictures consists of the scenic school view with a couple students here and there. But with this many students, the picture feels cluttered and unorganized. It ruins the shot. The Jeon son honestly felt the district made the decision too hastily. He heard that the staff decided it on the day of the fire, legit after the fire. they couldn't at least give a few days for a more organized decision. Like at least have a third or a quarter of the Eagles become Panthers, not the whole school.

Taeguk finished his worksheet quickly, as it was more general stuff from the teacher. Honestly, the Calculus teacher didn't teach much. Having free time, and practically nothing else to do, he decided to do the first thing that came to mind: he turned around and watched Christine. Nothing much to do except socialize.

"So uh..hey Christine," Taeguk started off awkwardly. "I know we don't talk much but, what do you think of the current situation? Like with the fire and Elk Grove students and such."

Christine had also had already finished her worksheet, and had been staring at practically nothing. Her train of thought was then cut off as she could hear a familiar voice talk to her. She looked up to see Taeguk. The two never really talked, or ever because of Christine's irrational social behavior, and Christine just found it weird.

Tageuk brought up the situation that literally just happened, and Christine responded, "I...um....uh...you see the thing is I think that, uh..." Christine had no idea what to say. She could feel the intensity of students watching her, and if she were to say something wrong it would only cause much more problems. Christine knew exactly what she thought of the whole situation, however. She has always thought the rivalry was stupid, and what she thought once could be a good thing, might take a turn for the worst.

What could happen between the rivalry of both schools? It was obvious to anyone walking by that there was more hate in the air than per usual. Both schools really took this rivalry seriously, and it was starting to worry Christine. Right now it was just insults and them glaring at each other, but what if the situation were to escalate?

Christine really didn't want to think about that possibility, and said to Taeguk, "It's...pretty messed up. That's all I'm going to say about the situation, so you can take it however you want." Christine then started doodling on her sketchbook, she just felt the need to empty her mind a bit to relax.

Elenor got up and made her way to her first class, once arriving she sat down towards the back and kicked up her feet, got out her phone and begun playing fallout shelter, she smiled and looked around to make sure the teacher hadn't yet arrived and if anyone she knew was in that classroom

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Taeguk stared at her, confused by her response, until he finally understood the memo. There's Elk grove students all around them now, and most likely, most of them are sensitive and riled up from the fire and having to attend to the rivaling school. It was smart of Christine to not say much on the topic at hand. Any sort of words or phrases could be used against them and cause a bigger controversy than it already was,

"Ah," Taeguk chuckled slightly. "My bad, I understand completely." Taeguk paused to find the correct wording of what he's about to say next. "Hopefully, our school......will be able to.....uphold their expectations." Taeguk said those words soft, hoping barely any Eagles would hear them, but also slowly to make sure he had the good connotation of his phrase.

The photographer stared at Christine's drawing as she went back to her doodles, letting the conversation die off the moment she finished her speech. All of a sudden, Taeguk said: "you don't talk much, do you." Immediately, his breath hitched and eyes widened, "Oh sorry!, I didn't mean it like that. I mean, you usually keep to yourself don't you?" His hands were in the air, trying to make himself seem more innocent, not that he was guilty in anyway.

Christine then blushed in embarrassment as Taeguk pointed out a very obvious detail about her, because she didn't like to face the truth of it all. Taeguk then started apologizing, which just made Christine blush more out of embarrassment.

Christine then brushed her hair, and looked off at the side where Taeguk wasn't sitting. "I-it's fine, you have a fair point," Christine responded, "You're right in both aspects, I really don't talk much and I do keep to myself, but that's because..."

I'm an awkward mess. I'm never the one to start up a conversation! If I do, I always find a way to mess it up! Also, I'm too afraid to ask anyone if they share the same interests as me because they might think I'm a geeky loser (which I really am, but still)! That's why I enjoy going online, because I already know the people there have the same interests as me and I can think out what I'm going to say before I actually say it!

While Christine thought she had been stuck in her own train of thought, she had actually spoken all of that out loud. Well, not really out loud, but she did basically murmur everything she had just thought of.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Taeguk stared eyes wide at her, seeing her express her emotions outwards to him. They didn't talk much, be he didn't expect her to talk this much. But he didn't seem to mind it much, just a bit surprised. At least it more topics the two can base off to keep the conversation alive. "Hey," Taeguk reassured the girl. "We may not talk much, but I don't think you're an awkward mess. You're just a cute shy girl, nothing wrong with that."

Taeguk noted what Christine said about having interests, but she's afraid people would judge her. "Is one of those interests drawing perhaps," Taeguk asked, interested. "I see you drawing all the time, and I think you're pretty good at it. Not to mention, that right there, we have something in common: art." Taeguk kept talking, in case she didn't have much to say. "Your art is drawing, capturing your own imagination and creativity. My art is photography, capturing how I percieve the beauty around me." Taeguk said, bringing up his DSLR Camera (or digital camera for the less experienced) for more emphasis.

Cute!?

Christine started blushing as Taeguk called her that, but is was from a mixture of embarrassment and anger. Firstly, a guy called her cute from seemingly out of nowhere, and secondly, how dare he!? Christine didn't like being called cute or girly, or anything along those lines, she considered herself rough and tough (not really, but still!), which was another reason she thought she wouldn't be able to fit in well.

Taeguk then started talking about her and his interests. "Wait, what!?" Christine exclaimed, but quickly toned her voice down, "Did you just hear my thoughts!? Are you some kind of mind-reader!?" She was completely oblivious to the fact she basically spouted everything she had thought in a quick murmur.

"But, that's not what I really mean," Christine added, "Sure, I love drawing, but that's not exactly an interest I'm ashamed of. It's what I draw that I think isn't what others like." She then looked at some of the doodles she made yesterday on her sketchbook, all of it being video game and anime related. "Others might think I act too immature or something because of my other interests, and they would want to stay away from me. I'd rather just not hang out with anybody then having to deal with rejection. People already think that I'm some kind of depressed emo, anyways. I don't think I have the courage to actually go up to someone when they might have that kind of mindset and they'll automatically judge me for it."

Christine then closed her sketchbook, and said, "I'm sorry for saying all that stuff, pouring all of my emotions and all that, but it doesn't matter because you can read my mind." Christine then brushed her hair aside. It seemed as though she was still oblivious to what had just happened a while ago.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Taeguk, once again, stared at her. The stare wasn't a stare of judgement, but more or less a stare of confusion. "W-what," Taeguk still couldn't comprehend the weird situation that Christine herself has put both of them in. "What do you mind-reader?" Taeguk was beyond confused at this point. Suddenly he was a mind-reader, which is impossible as he didn't believe in that type of stuff, "I just continued the conversation by whatever you said," Taeguk claimed. He raised his arm to feign innocence. "I can't read minds. Even if I could, I wouldn't want to read your mind, as a matter of fact, anyone's mind. That's practically an invasion of privacy." His voice was gradually getting louder, not that it matters though, as the classroom was already loud as it was.

The photographer let out a sigh, hoping that his claim would get across her mind. "But anyways," Taeguk started up again. "I'm still here, aren't I," Taeguk try to make a point. "It doesn't matter what people think though, it should matter how you take it. You can choose to let it affect you or ignore it and move it." Taeguk learned this lesson from both his fathers all the time. It a lesson which the family kept very close to their hearts. Hence, Taeguk can get a sense where Christine is coming from.

"But, if you didn't read my mind then how did you...?" Christine asked before suddenly realizing what she had done and started to blush a deep red. "I'm so sorry, Taeguk! I shouldn't have assumed something so stupid!" Christine exclaimed, "It's just that I-I didn't want...I didn't want anyone to hear any of my insecurities, but my stupid habit made me speak my thoughts out loud! But I guess that just proves my point that I'm too weird to hang out with, anyways."

Christine then heard Taeguk's advice, and replied, "That's...easier said than done. I want to ignore them, but what they say really hurts that their words linger in my mind. All of the girls in this school, or technically the Outridge part of it, think that I'm not like them anyways, so it's just better for me to stay by myself."

Though the feeling of being alone hurt, Christine didn't want to put herself in the situation where she would have to face with the fact that most girls wouldn't want to hang out with her because of her personality and interests.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Taeguk understood what Christine meant. Outridge is still a highschool after all, meanign there are still groups and cliques that aren’t as favorable and likable as everyone. Taeguk hasn’t experience it for himself, but with his camera and his own two eyes, he’s definitely seen more than enough that Outridge isn’t as clean of a school as it should be.

“Hey,” Taeguk reassured the female. “If it’s okay with you, let me just say that I prefer you than the others okay?” Taeguk wasn’t lying. Sure, the girls Christine mentioned may be more fashionable and popular with many. But it doesn’t mean Taeguk has to like them as well. He honestly thinks that some of those girls are bandwagoning, fakes, or even allowing the popularity to get into their heads.

“Take my word for this,” Taeguk said. “Those people aren’t as all that as they seem. I wouldn’t take their word for it. Take away the 10lbs of make-up and they’re just like the rest of us.”

Taeguk pauses for a bit to hopefully let that seep into Christine before picking it back up. “What is your interests that makes you think this way anyways,” the yearbook head asked. “I promised I’ll still be here when you reveal it. I swear my camera on it.” Taeguk added a little bit of humor there to lighten the mood hopefully.

Christine couldn't help but chuckle when Taeguk started making fun of the excess amount of make up the the girls wore at the school, but she then quickly started to frown as Taeguk brought up what her interests were exactly.

"You promise you won't laugh at me if I tell you?" Christine asked. She then sighed, and continued, "I-I....I like...." Christine had found it hard to get her words together, as she felt too nervous to say anything, but Taeguk seemed to be really nice. It really made Christine feel more comfortable. "I like video games, anime, heavy metal, and boxing," Christine said softly, finally getting her words together.

But as soon as she said that, she immediately started to blush and look away. "I know, I know," Christine said, "Those aren't really what any girl should be interested in, I get that enough from my mother and other peers." Christine tried to avoid any kind of eye contact with Taeguk, she felt too embarrassed to even look at him in the eye. What if he thought the same thing as everybody else? That she was just some emo tomboy and that's why she couldn't get any friends.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Taeguk stared at Christine for, like, the millionth time from the duration of their conversation. Only this stare didn't have any malice, but it was a stare of acceptance and intrigue. "Woah really," Taeguk asked, his eyes practically flaring alive. It may not be what he's used to knowing, but it wasn't his place to judge, nor is it anyone's place to judge on one's hobbies and interests. "That's actually really interesting. A couple of those hobbies aren't common with many people," Taeguk claimed, basing off of his experiences with some of his other friends.

"Since we're sharing interests anyways," Taeguk stated. "I'll share some of my interests too. My interests include photography, filmography, hockey, and surprisingly fashion and modeling." Taeguk said all that with pride, not an ounce of doubt or regret in his voice. "People used to judge me for liking fashion and modeling and caring for my appearance and saying its a feminine thing to do, but I proved them all wrong by showing off other male models pulls it off well."

"I'm just saying that everything doesn't have to go into a stereotype. Nothing ever had a gender norm before, people only made it seem part of a gender norm, when in reality, it isn't. Who said you had to be like the others, you can be you." Taeguk finished off with a joke and the small promise he made a moments ago. "And since I'm still here, after hearing your interests, consider me your first friend I guess!"

Christine just stared at Taeguk, blushing a little bit while doing so. Taeguk was a really nice guy, she had no idea what to do or say. She had never had anyone ever speak to her like this before. Sure, she wasn't the prime example of someone being bullied, but from eavesdropping she could tell what most girls in the school really thought of Christine. She just never thought she would ever be able to talk to anyone like that until high school was over, and most people have matured by then, but Taeguk was different. He was really understanding, and tried his best to advice Christine.

Christine couldn't help but smile, and said, "Thank you so much, Taeguk. You're far too kind for somebody like me."

Christine, trying to keep the conversation going, then said, "So, you're interested in fashion and modeling? To be honest, I'm kinda' interested in that kind of stuff myself, though that may be hard to believe because I don't wear anything...too glamorous." Christine then showed off her hoodie, which had a logo for one of her favorite metal bands, Avenged Sevenfold, which was a skull with bat wings. "Though, I don't really know a thing about brands or stuff like that, I really like designing and drawing clothes sometimes on my free time."

Christine then showed off some of the sketches she made on her sketchbook. One was of a yellow dress, with a pink rose design centering around the flounce of the dress and reminiscent of latin dresses in Central America. Another page had a pair of leather jackets, one being for male and other for female. The female jacket was shorter in size compared to the male one, looking a bit like a crop top, and looked to be made of a thinner material as well, while the male jacket was very baggy, had golden buttons to close it and was very reminiscent of the leather jackets worn by greasers in the 1960's.

She then showed more and more of the designs she made to Taeguk. It seemed to make her really happy.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Taeguk was definitely happy that he was able to boost Christine's mood and overall became Christine's first friend, he thinks. She never specifically said anything, so he doesn't necessarily know if they were friends yet, or just acquaintances. He decided not to push it and ruin the lightened mood they had currently. Hence the photographer went along with the latter and continued the lighthearted conversation they were having.

"Hmm," Taeguk's ear perked hearing Christine and him both having an interest of sorts on fashion and modeling. Taeguk more so than Christine. "Yeah, papa was the one who influenced me. He used to be a model. Well, he still is a model, but he's taking a hiatus right now." Taeguk stated, explaining where his interest in fashion and modeling came from. "My dad on the other hand influenced photography and hockey."

Christine then showed off her drawings and doodles she was working on. A lot of the designs were really good, and he was definitely more than impressed by her drawings. He'd only ever seen the latter doodle here and there, but not full out make designs and all that. "Those are really unique designs," Taeguk exclaimed, but not too loudly as they were still in a classroom setting. "I really like those designs. Have you ever though of becoming a fashion designer or anything? You looked like you can pull it off really well!"

"Umm...I don't think I'm cut out to be a fashion designer or anything like that, to be honest," Christine replied to Taeguk's question, "All of the clothes I do design are for my....OC's." Christine was a bit more silent when she said "OC's".

Christine might've been feeling more comfortable around Taeguk, but that didn't mean she would just stop being about things she found embarrassing. Christine started to blush out of embarrassment more and more as she thought of what Taeguk might say. And knowing him, she was pretty sure he heard her say "OC" so he'll obviously going to say something about. She felt as if she was going to die.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Taeguk was fairly intrigued with Christine talking to him. She had a unique personality with interesting things she does for fun. Taeguk found himself getting more into what she was saying. Perfect, he found a good new friend. That's what he likes. He may not socialize AS MUCH as many people, but he still likes to socialize and entertain himself with new people. Everyone has a story to tell, it's fascinating to find out what story each person holds.

About Christine's rejecting to becoming a fashion designer, he was a bit disappointed. But, if he asks permission from both Christine herself and possibly his papa's fashion designer, then maybe there's a chance to bring the outfit into life. But that's a topic for later. The photographer nodded his head along Christine's speech, his head practically bouncing every other word she says. Suddenly, the bouncing head stopped as Christine started mumbling. "Uh what was that," Taeguk asked. "I didn't quite catch you there at the end."

Christine's blush got even deeper in color as she was too embarrassed. She really didn't want to tell Tageuk, but, for some reason, he's been able to make Christine say more than what she wanted to. Was it because Taeguk was someone she could finally to talk because she felt more comfortable with him? Whatever the case, Christine still felt embarrassed.

"My...um, uh....OC's," Christine replied quitely, though more clearer than before.

Christine tried to evade eye contact as it just made it more embarrassing for her. She then started to hide herself in her hoodie as she waited for Taeguk's response.

The morning had been a slow one, the only thing remotely quick about it was Clem’s erratic heartbeat upon waking up. Last night’s dream had only been a painful reminder of what happened yesterday, with a.. less favorable outcome for the young teen. The frantic rising and falling of her chest eventually calmed, and an unfamiliar wave of almost nauseating anger washed over her, and she swore loudly into the silence of her room.
Clementine Odell had been unlucky her entire life, and now she was going to freaking Outbridge.
It seemed that her brief outburst had awoken Dovah, who made a quiet, high-pitched rumbling sound, followed by a charming chirp of greeting. For a moment, Clementine was 100% jealous of a ferret.

Groggily, she let him out of the cage, the little creature scuttling up her arm and resting on her shoulder, occasionally rubbing his face against her neck as the girl went on with her routine.

About an hour later, Dovah was in his cage, and she was out the door.
It seemed that today was a lot colder than yesterday, or maybe that was just her frigid nerves. The walk to Outbrige was an even shorter one than Elks Grove, and no matter how slow she tried to walk, how much she tried to delay her demise, Clem arrived regardless.

Stepping into the proximity of the school, a familiar face caught her eye, and immediately a knot of worry formed in her stomach. Lacey Park, the girl from her homeroom. It wasn’t a shock to see her here, but really it just made it seem all the more real. This was really happening.

It seemed that Lacey had already gotten herself in a bit of a mess, being confronted by a gaggle of what she could only assume were athletes, and she seemed to handle it well, scaring them off effectively, defeat in their eyes.
But, it seemed the boys had no problem trying again, their eyes catching on their next attempt at prey, which was Clem herself. She couldn’t do much but deadpan at them, stifling a chuckle at the thought of their precious failure. It was almost impressive, really, how quickly she got snapped at. Almost as soon as she crossed onto the school grounds, the cocky voice of one of the boys called out to her.
“Hey! Where do you think you’re going?”

He was crossing towards her, a sickeningly malicious grin on his face. Actually, what was funny was that it was the same boy who targeted Lacey- meaning they weren’t too keen on sharing their bullying targets, and perhaps this one was the leader, for a lack of better words. An alpha in a pride of damaged egos and insecurities.

“Um. Class?” She replied dully. He sneered in her face.
“Oh, you think you’re smart, don’t you?”
“I’d hope I am, if I’m not then that means I’m going to this hellhole of a school just to deal with people like you,” She replied coldly, glaring at him through dark lashes. He clenched his jaw, seething, grabbing her by her shirt (a lesson Clem was positive he had learned moments before from Lacey) and shoving her onto the ground.
He seemed pretty pleased with himself, earning high-fives from his buddies for throwing someone almost a foot shorter and almost 100lbs lighter than him to the ground, like it was some huge accomplishment. The girl cringed softly as they swaggered away, taking her weight off her hand to find it scuffed and bleeding slightly. She sighed quietly and got to her feet, dusting herself off, and acknowledging the bruise forming on her hip.
Clem, you are never, ever, to start a fight. The moment you do, you are just as bad as them.
As if this wasn’t the perfect time for some Disney-type magic memory. Her mom’s voice seemed to echo in her brain as the girl walked, crossing over to none other than Lacey.
“Seems like you handled that better than I did, huh?” She mused softly, cracking a weak smile.