• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Merging of Outridge and Elk Grove! (A Highschool RP!)

[https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-merging-of-outridge-and-elk-grove.19555/]

hey hi hellllo (;

Literally nobody asked for this, yet here we are.
The gist of this roleplay is simple. Outridge and Elk Grove have always been rival schools - in sports, debate teams, and the like. However, when Elk Grove suddenly breaks out in a fire, burning the entire building to an unfixable point, the schools are forced to merge to continue studies. Not to mention, future events like homecoming will be hosted by students who unwillingly work together. An extra note: neither of these schools have a ton of student. Both have about 175 at the most.

Let’s get into the actual rules, shall we?

1. Swearing (to an extent!!!) is allowed. (meaning: don’t just throw around your typical swears like it’s no big deal.)
  2. Romance (to an extent!!!) is allowed. (i have seen way too many role plays get out of hand really quickly because there were no limitations to romance.)
  3. Please... don’t make your character super angsty. Believe me, I’m totally fine with a depressing backstory, just... be careful and sometimes tone it down a bit.
  4. Try to be literate/grammatically correct. (it’s okay if you miss some things, just don’t consistently make mistakes that could easily be fixed.)
  5. Type “oogly moogly” in your bio so I know that you’ve read the rules. (:
  6. Of course, follow the ‘Charms rules. I said this before, and I’ll say it again. ✓

(i’m really sorry if i sound super strict!)
To avoid confusion and babbling, everybody in this rp will share the same schedules (unless ya don’t want to. feel free to message me if otherwise)
So.. here it is lmao

8:10-9:00, Calculus
9:05-9:55, Literature
10:00-10:50, Language
10:55-11:45, Science
11:50-12:55, Lunch
1:00-2:00, Study Hall
2:05-2:55, (On Tues. and Fri.) Phy. Ed., (On Mon., Wed., and Thurs.) Computer Science
3:00, Dismissal
8:00-9:45, Literature
9:50-10:35, Science
10:40-11:25, Language
11:30-12:00, Study hall
12:05-1:20
1:25-2:05, Calculus
2:10-2:55 (The same as Outridge.)
3:00, Dismissal
{ps, this schedule is used for like 1 day lol}

yup... that’s a schedule alright. onward to character sheets!

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Typical Apparel:
Skills:
Weaknesses:
Extra:

okay! please consider joining this!
(my oc is below.)

Name: Lacey Park
Personality: Neat and organized, and fairly laid-back, or chill. Lacey is rather clever and often has no troubles in her studies. She can come off as uninterested or intimidating to some people, though truthfully she’s gentle and is willing to listen.
Appearance: Somewhat Korean, with pretty and narrowed eyes that are an icy grey. Her skin is fair, and she has lovely features. Her hair is a dirty blonde color, and is often tied into a ponytail with sideswept bangs. She has several piercings along her ears, and long, dark eyelashes. She stands at a fair height, that being 5’4”, and has a thin build. Overall, most view her as pretty, but hard to talk to.
Typical Apparel: In cooler weather, she’ll often wear loose jackets and skinny jeans, with simple tees that are a bit big. In warmer weather, she usually wears a short or long sleeved shirt with short, jean shorts. She usually wears the same pair of white sneakers.
Skills: Is exceptional at the piano, though she tends to deny that she can even play it. She’s actually pretty musical, and likes singing as well. She’ll sing or play in front only people she truly trusts. As well as music, Lacey is actually surprisingly good at basketball and volleyball.
Weaknesses: She has a hard time around obnoxious and loud noises.
Extra: She loves the rain, and other features of cold weather. She’s also shyly romantic, and likes hugs. Often, she sneaks away during a “bathroom break” to play the piano in the band’s room.

again, please think about joining this! it’ll be a lot more fun than i make it sound (i seem to be bad at this kind of stuff...).​

Last edited:
Lets Go! High School Musical! Who says we have to let it go? It's a good idea for an RP, step in to the future, and hold on to- oh heck no!

Name: Markus
Personality: Markus is creative, passionate, generous, warm-hearted, cheerful, and very humorous. He always looking for friends to make, and he tries to make the friendship last forever.

Appearance: Markus is american, with peach skin. He has spiky topped and mid-faded brown hair. He also has brown sleepy eyes (this is ironic because he always gets the right amount of sleep every day, sometimes more).

Typical Apparel: When it's cool, Markus usually wears a small jacket
with a long-sleeve t-shirt and jeans, as well as blue sneakers. When it's warm, Markus wears a short-sleeve shirt and jeans, and he also wears red sneakers.

Skills: Markus can play the electric and bass guitar. He is also a great artist, which is why "creative" was put on his personality list.

Weaknesses: Markus hates when his creative works are criticized, and he also hates to be lied to or anything else that makes him depressed or angry.
Extra: Markus's favorite subjects are Science and Art. Oogly Moogly!

Last edited:
I should really stop putting myself in so many RP’s, I’m gonna overwhelm myself..

With that in mind,,
im totally joining.

Name: Clementine “Clem” Odell
Personality: Creative and always appreciative of art in any form, Clem is a little dorky, sort of afraid of confrontation and quite awkward. Not very good at task management and the type to procrastinate until last minute, she’s high-strung, although otherwise pretty relaxed, despite being a hot mess.
Appearance: Clem’s appearance pretty much screams “procrastinating mess”. She’s short, at 5’3, but is average weight-wise. Her skin is fair, from spending most of her time inside. Her wavy hair is chest-length and a light shade of brown, usually held up in a messy bun. Her eyes are wide-set and a deep blue, borderlining on cobalt. Her lashes are full and dark.
Typical Apparel: Usually bearing childish attire, Clem can be found in a white shirt with red/blue stripes, over it a pair of overall shorts. Her socks are always mismatched, hidden beneath yellow Converse. On colder days, she sports oversized sweaters and jeans, either with her black combat boots or, again, her Converse.
Skills: A pretty talented painter, although she’d never say it aloud. Can also kick ass in Mario Kart.
Weaknesses: As previously mentioned, she’s an awful procrastinator. She also rarely finds herself able to speak her mind, and is a bit of a doormat, unwilling to bring up her grievances as to not disturb other people. Also, she’s awful at saying no. (Fun fact: Clem’s first and only relationship lasted 5 months, only because she was too scared to reject him in the first place.) She’s also incredibly clumsy.
Extra: Plays quite a few video games, hence her pet ferret’s name. He’s a black sable mitt that she often gushes about, named Dovah, although her little sister insists on calling him “Oogly Moogly”. Also has a crippling addiction to iced coffee, and can always be seen with a cup of cold brew. Also, her dad (who she lives with since her divorce of her parents), has abusive tendencies, although she can easily blame the minor bruises that do show on her being clumsy.

Last edited:
Name: Kenny Hochberg

Personality: He is extremely lazy, never really trying to perfect on whatever he's good at and usually tries to do what makes him happy. Overall he's pretty smart but that goes to waste due to his laziness, he loves playing video games and enjoys learning how to code, sometimes his emotions get the better of him causing him to do rash decisions that he will regret. He easily bonds with people with a similar personality to him

Appearance: Keeny has peach skin with blonde hair cut into a crew cut, he has poor posture and is skinny and he has some minor muscle. He stands at 5'6 in height, his eyes are hazel and he has very large hands and arms. Most of the time he looks tired due to sleeping in late most nights.

Typical Apparel: In winter and fall he wears a long sleeve sweater with jeans held with a belt. And in late spring and summer colorful t-shirts and knee-length shorts.

Skills: He is a pretty good coder and is pretty good at RPGs. (If there is a Computer Science
he'd be a part of it.)

Weakness: Said before, Most of the time he makes selfish decisions and when don't work out in his way he makes rash decisions to fix them. He is also an awful liar.

Extra: He has an older sister in college who his parents keep trying to mold Keeny into; the perfect student. He also wears contacts.
Oogly Moogly.

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Question: Before I join, is there any plots or just a generic high school roleplay? Is there like a competition between schools? Or a rivalry bwteeen schools? Or anything like that?

I should really stop putting myself in so many RP’s, I’m gonna overwhelm myself..

With that in mind,,
im totally joining.

Name: Clementine “Clem” Odell
Personality: Creative and always appreciative of art in any form, Clem is a little dorky, sort of afraid of confrontation and quite awkward. Not very good at task management and the type to procrastinate until last minute, she’s high-strung, although otherwise pretty relaxed, despite being a hot mess.
Appearance: Clem’s appearance pretty much screams “procrastinating mess”. She’s short, at 5’3, but is average weight-wise. Her skin is fair, from spending most of her time inside. Her wavy hair is chest-length and a light shade of brown, usually held up in a messy bun. Her eyes are wide-set and a deep blue, borderlining on cobalt. Her lashes are full and dark.
Typical Apparel: Usually bearing childish attire, Clem can be found in a white shirt with red/blue stripes, over it a pair of overall shorts. Her socks are always mismatched, hidden beneath yellow Converse.
Skills: A pretty talented painter, although she’d never say it aloud. Can also kick ass in Mario Kart.
Weaknesses: As previously mentioned, she’s an awful procrastinator. She also rarely finds herself able to speak her mind, and is a bit of a doormat, unwilling to bring up her grievances as to not disturb other people.
Extra: Plays quite a few video games, hence her pet ferret’s name. He’s a black sable mitt that she often gushes about, named Dovah, although her little sister insists on calling him “Oogly Moogly”. Also has a crippling addiction to iced coffee, and can always be seen with a cup of cold brew.
sorry! i didn’t see this until now! you’re definitely accepted (:

I have a question, Is this high school in a small town or the suburbs or the city?
you’re accepted as well, and it’s located in a fairly busy city.

Question: Before I join, is there any plots or just a generic high school roleplay? Is there like a competition between schools? Or a rivalry bwteeen schools? Or anything like that?
i’d like to add in sports competitions or something similar. do you have something in mind that you’d like to see?

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Name: Taeguk Jeon
Personality: Taeguk is competitive when it comes to anything really. He can make anything into a competition if he really puts his mind into it. He's a jack-of-all-trades essentially. He does well in most things, but only excels in like, 2 to 3 subjects. He can get a bit stubborn and hot-headed when things doesn't go his way.
Appearance: Taeguk has messy charcoal hair accommodated with his brown almond-shaped eyes and light honey skin tone. He has a mid build, not too heavy with the muscles. He stands at a height of 5'8". He doesn't try with his hair as it usually gets covered up.
Typical Apparel: He can wear whatever outfit and pull it off. But you will never see him without his beanies or his camera hanging by either around his shoulder or by his neck. If he tries, you can find him wearing a black hoodie with any plaid button-up along with jeans. But if he doesn't feel like trying, don't be surprised to find him in plain white t-shirt with joggers. Both assortments are usually worn with either boots or sneakers.
Skills: Photography and Filmography. If you get him behind a camera, he can work his magic. Doesn't do sport activities much, but hockey is his go-to sport. (If there's a Yearbook Club or a Hockey Team in the school, he would be part of those)
Weaknesses: Competitiveness leads to his cockiness, thus allowing him to make rash decision with that mindset. Quite gullible, so he would almost believe anything he hears whether it be about him or rumors or etc. He gets easily offended when someone slanders him, his friends, or family for them being themselves.
Extra: Full on Korean, having just moved a few years back. He's accommodating well though. He's bisexual. He has two dads and a pet dog. The dog's name is oogly moogly. Nah I'm kidding, the dog's name is Yeontan, or Tanie for short.
More Extra: I hella based this character off of something, if y'all couldn't tell lmao

i’d like to add in sports competitions or something similar. do you have something in mind that you’d like to see?
Nothing much really. I just wanted to see if there are plots for the rp to go through with or something. Maybe a homecoming or prom thing coming up or whatever lol

Last edited:
Name: Taeguk Jeon
Personality: Taeguk is competitive when it comes to anything really. He can make anything into a competition if he really puts his mind into it. He's a jack-of-all-trades essentially. He does well in most things, but only excels in like, 2 to 3 subjects. He can get a bit stubborn and hot-headed when things doesn't go his way.
Appearance: Taeguk has messy charcoal hair accommodated with his brown almond-shaped eyes and light honey skin tone. He has a mid build, not too heavy with the muscles. He stands at a height of 5'8". He doesn't try with his hair as it usually gets covered up.
Typical Apparel: He can wear whatever outfit and pull it off. But you will never see him without his beanies or his camera hanging by either around his shoulder or by his neck. If he tries, you can find him wearing a black hoodie with any plaid button-up along with jeans. But if he doesn't feel like trying, don't be surprised to find him in plain white t-shirt with joggers. Both assortments are usually worn with either boots or sneakers.
Skills: Photography and Filmography. If you get him behind a camera, he can work his magic. Doesn't do sport activities much, but hockey is his go-to sport.
Weaknesses: Competitiveness leads to his cockiness, thus allowing him to make rash decision with that mindset. Quite gullible, so he would almost believe anything he hears whether it be about him or rumors or etc. He gets easily offended when someone slanders him, his friends, or family for them being themselves.
Extra: Full on Korean, having just moved a few years back. He's accommodating well though. He's bisexual. He has two dads and a pet dog. The dog's name is oogly moogly. Nah I'm kidding, the dog's name is Yeontan, or Tanie for short.
More Extra: I hella based this character off of something, if y'all couldn't tell lmao

Nothing much really. I just wanted to see if there are plots for the rp to go through with or something. Maybe a homecoming or prom thing coming up or whatever lol
yes yes you are def accepted

so i think that the rival school is actually a pretty good idea too. i’m not quite sure how to execute it though? like.. should we all have another oc that goes to said school, and then there’s a huge competition sort of thing coming up between the schools?

I’d be down to have Clem go to the rival school, with some others.
Maybe some big sports/art festival/other event could occur as a competition?

OR-
idea.

Two schools in a local area have to work together to schedule a huge town event, like a big reveal for a town building for example, maybe the appointing of a new mayor, where the students are in charge of food & decoration & such.

maybe.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
yes yes you are def accepted

so i think that the rival school is actually a pretty good idea too. i’m not quite sure how to execute it though? like.. should we all have another oc that goes to said school, and then there’s a huge competition sort of thing coming up between the schools?
I can make a second OC if necessary if we are going along with the competing rival school thing

Homecoming is a big thing already. We can have a rivalry brew from the homecoming football game and what not. Or we can have a prank war between the schools. Something along those lines

There was also this thing I read where the rival school burned down in the middle of the school year. They still needed to go to school. So the rival school came to the protagonists school. Then there was a lot of drama that happened during that time period lol

Last edited:
I can make a second OC if necessary if we are going along with the competing rival school thing

Homecoming is a big thing already. We can have a rivalry brew from the homecoming football game and what not. Or we can have a prank war between the schools. Something along those lines

There was also this thing I read where the rival school burned down in the middle of the school year. They still needed to go to school. So the rival school came to the protagonists school. Then there was a lot of drama that happened during that time period lol
i think we could merge the idea of the school burning down and the students being relentless towards each other with pranks

So maybe half of the role players go to the rival school and the other half stay at outridge?
i like that idea more than having multiple characters haha

I’d be down to have Clem go to the rival school, with some others.
Maybe some big sports/art festival/other event could occur as a competition?

OR-
idea.

Two schools in a local area have to work together to schedule a huge town event, like a big reveal for a town building for example, maybe the appointing of a new mayor, where the students are in charge of food & decoration & such.

maybe.
and then with the schools being forced together, all of the students unwillingly do something like this together

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
I edited this into my bio, but if there's any sort of Yearbook Club or Hockey Team in Outridge, he would be part of that
And I was wondering, what is the school mascot?

the mascot is a falcon. yearbooks are a good idea, too

i’m trying to decide the name for the rival school. i’d say that their mascot will be a panther or somethin

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
This seems pretty chill, a nice change of pace compared to all of the action oriented RP's I'm in right now.

Name:
Parker Bell

Personality:
Parker is pretty reclusive. He tends to stick to very small groups and will ignore everyone else. This makes him seem like a cold person, but he's actually really sweet. He is extremely loyal and caring of his close friends, he would do anything for them. He's also terrible at anything social. Unless you're one of his very few friends, expect a very awkward and short lived conversation. However, he isn't afraid to speak out against things he disagrees with. Finally, he's a naturally dark and pessimistic person, combine this with the fact he has clinical depression and you get a mess.

Appearance: Parker's hair is jet black and reaches to his eyes, however he moves it over so it's not in the way. His eyes are very dark brown, they look almost black, and are a little on the smaller side. He stands at 5'9'' and is average weight. He has a fair build and actually quite a bit of muscle, he lifts weights.

Typical Apparel:
Parker's clothes are about as dark as you can get without being outright edgy. If it's warm, his favorite outfit is a black button-up overshirt with a dark gray t-shirt under it. He also wears black denim jeans and a pair of black sneakers. If it's cold, he wears a black hoodie with the same jeans and shoes. Most of his wardrobe is black, with the occasional dark gray or red thrown in. Lastly, you will always see him wearing his pair of black eyeglasses. He's almost blind without them.

Skills:
Plays Smash Bros at a professional level, is very good at almost all games though. He's a surprisingly good cook, and a singer as well.

Weaknesses:
Very pessimistic and dark. He often loses himself in dark thoughts and let's them get the better of him. He's terrible socially as well, but despite this he's a shockingly jealous person.

Night time, small yet uncrowded spaces, friends, iced tea, good stories, rock/metal music, scary/creepy things, romance.

Dislikes:
Large crowds, loud noises, strangers, overly sweet food, hot weather.

Extra: OOGLY MOOGLY

Last edited:
This seems pretty chill, a nice change of pace compared to all of the action oriented RP's I'm in right now.

Name:
Parker Bell

Personality:
Parker is pretty reclusive. He tends to stick to very small groups and will ignore everyone else. This makes him seem like a cold person, but he's actually really sweet. He is extremely loyal and caring of his close friends, he would do anything for them. He's also terrible at anything social. Unless you're one of his very few friends, expect a very awkward and short lived conversation. However, he isn't afraid to speak out against things he disagrees with. Finally, he's a naturally dark and pessimistic person, combine this with the fact he has clinical depression and you get a mess.

Appearance: Parker's hair is jet black and reaches to his eyes, however he moves it over so it's not in the way. His eyes are very dark brown, they look almost black, and are a little on the smaller side. He stands at 5'9'' and is average weight. He has a fair build and actually quite a bit of muscle, he lifts weights.

Typical Apparel:
Parker's clothes are about as dark as you can get without being outright edgy. His favorite outfit is a black button-up overshirt with a dark gray t-shirt under it. He also wears black denim jeans and a pair of black sneakers. Most of his wardrobe is black, with the occasional dark gray or red thrown in. Lastly, you will always see him wearing his pair of black eyeglasses. He's almost blind without them.

Skills:
Plays Smash Bros at a professional level, is very good at almost all games though. He's also a surprisingly good cook.

Weaknesses:
Very pessimistic and dark. He often loses himself in dark thoughts and let's them get the better of him. He's terrible socially as well, but despite this he's a shockingly jealous person.

Night time, small yet uncrowded spaces, friends, iced tea, good stories, rock music, scary/creepy things.

Dislikes:
Large crowds, loud noises, strangers, overly sweet food, hot weather.

Extra: OOGLY MOOGLY
yep! all clear lol