• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Lost Island: Stranded (Reboot)

(This is a reboot of @Yuya Sasaki 's RP, The Lost Island: Stranded. PM him if you want to join)

The sun beat down on a soft white beach, lapped by the gentlest of blue waves. Pokémon of varying species, most of them water, or grass types, went about their daily business, gathering food, or nursing gravid members of their species. A lone phantagua sat above a rock, crooning her song to all who dared to pass by...

And amidst the tranquillity of the island, a boy was on his hands and knees, hacking water out of his lungs. Kemen was a mess, and he knew it, and right now, he didn't care. All he could do was try not to die from secondary drowning.

As soon as he thought that he was done, he checked his belt for his pokeballs. All four were still there.

Kemen sent out his team; a pachirisu, a honchkrow, a banette, and a salazzle, grateful for the warm embrace they greeted him with.

Cyko woke up, sputtering and coughing, Trying to cough up all of the salty seawater that had seeped into his lungs. His houndoom had jumped upon his chest, which expelled all the seawater. He then trekked around the island, until he found a teen near the age of him and said "Whats your name?"

With the help of Don, Kemen managed to pull himself to his feet, fumbling about in the sand until the honchkrow had managed to steady him.

He stilled at the sound of another human being's voice. Wherever he'd ended up, it wasn't his home region, Nita, for which he'd been bound; this stranger bore no Basque lisp, like him, or any noticeable Nita accent, for that matter...

The boy gave himself a thorough once-over, brushing as much sand off of his shirt, and out of his terribly messy hair, before answering.

"My name is Kemen," he greeted cordially, gasping out a last spurt of water, "Kemen Iniguez Bolibar."

"Mines Cykurii Jack Kalaysk, or just Cyko or Jack. Soo, why are he here in the first place?" He asked. Then his Houndoom went and coughed, which started a forest fire. "Dang it Rypjaw! When do you not start a fire for once???" He yelled at his Houndoom.

"Sorry for that, I've been training him lately, as when he coughs, he spits out fire." He said, as he watched the grass types run around in a frenzied panic.

"I'm afraid I haven't a clue," Kemen answered, "I was bound for Fantasma Village, in my home region, until my ship crashed..."

Upon hearing that his hometown's gym leader, Itzal, had recently had emergency surgery, Kemen had hopped on the first boat back to Nita, to check up on the sickly ghost type master. He was very close with Itzal, having visited his gym a lot when he was little, and since he frequently fell ill, Kemen often did small tasks around the gym for him until he got better. When he wasn't off performing, that was...

"I hope that Itzal is doing alright," he mused aloud, "Or at least, out of the hospital..."

Last edited:
"Well, were here now. Now what? Im bored..." Before his Houndoom went and couvhed into water.

He then sent out 2 eevees, one shiny. "Well, What should we do?"

(OOC: Well, I decided to include my own spreadsheet on him in addition to his character sheet. Yes I know, it's a lot of information...)

Name: His name is currently unknown.
Species: Axovenio / Reefling Pokémon
Type: [type]Water[/type]
Age: His age is unknown, though he appears to look awfully young.
Native Region: His native region is Bajola.
Primary Moves: Battering Rush, Engaging Sight, Corallum Energy, Aquatic Outflow. (See below for more information.)
Ability:
Militating Liquidity (The Pokémon gradually regenerates HP in sources of water when out of battle, while steadily lifting the effects of debuffs while in battle.)
Appearance: Axovenio is a small, amphibious, bipedal Pokémon that has a primarily light blue body with a battleship gray underside. His modest head has small, violet gills on his cheeks that are rather hard to see from certain angles, as his beady eyes are lightly black. His nose has the resemblance of two tiny nostrils, as his small mouth has no teeth whatsoever. There are straight, firm, pale red coral protrusions on the back side of his head that are secreted from a mysterious organ of his should they ever break off. His small hands have four fingers each, while his feet have three toes. His long, tapering gray tail fin has a black outer edge, while its inner gray area has some parallel slate gray stripes within the center.
Personality: Axovenio tends to be stubborn around adults especially, since he tends to get into arguments and quite a bit of trouble at times. His unruly nature can sometimes get him to having talks or even punishments with the authorities, since he is notorious for using force to rebel against others that attempt to harass him. He can be silly when it comes to his strange habits, as he likes to put his right hand into his mouth to calm himself. Although he may seem like a malevolent infant at first glance, he can show his true, soft side if given some proper time and patience.
Fakemon Creator: @Charlespark
Other: He is the Water-type starter Pokémon for the region of Bajola.
Primary Moves Information:
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Catagory: Physical
Power: 10 x 5
Accuracy: 100%
Power Points: 25
Target: Enemy
Range: Close Quarters Combat
Description: The Pokémon swiftly assaults the target with a rush of strikes.
Effects: Critical hits land more easily if all hits connect.
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Catagory: Status
Power: N/A
Accuracy: Sure Shot
Power Points: 20
Range: 10 Meters
Description: The Pokémon glares over at the target with an unrivaled gaze, creating a tension of focus on that particular target.
Effects: Forces the Pokémon to only attack the target that the move used on. The user deals more damage against that particular target, while it will also take more damage from other enemies however.
Catagory: Status
Power: N/A
Accuracy: Sure Shot
Power Points: 20
Target: Self
Range: N/A
Description: The user gathers in an immense amount of cleansing energy to patch itself up of injuries and status conditions.
Effects: Gradually restores the user's HP and steadily lifts the effects of random debuffs over the course of three turns. The more debuffs the user has, the bigger the move's potency will be.
Catagory: Special
Power: 75
Accuracy: 100%
Power Points: 25
Range: 15 Meters
Description: The user launches a concentrated, forceful stream of water at the target.
Effects: May inflict Saturation on the target.
Saturation: The Pokémon's Water-type resistance is halved for three to five turns.
Special Notes:
  • Executes powerful special attacks.
  • Often uses multi-hit moves.
  • Capable of inflicting Saturation.
  • Extremely vulnerable against spore-based moves.
Axovenio
"Being a starter Pokémon from the region of Bajola, this Pokémon had escaped from its Professor months ago. It can either pose as a slight nussiance or a significant threat depending on how it is dealt with in conflicts."

Type Effectiveness:
Physical ███████
Special ████
Status ████████
Normal █████
Fire ██
Water
Grass █████████
Electric ██████████
Psychic ██████
Fighting ████
Flying ██████
Poison ██████
Ground ████
Rock █████
Bug ██████
Ghost ██████
Steel ██
Ice
Dragon █████
Dark ███
Fairy ███████

Incapacitation Tactics:
Burning ██
Freezeing
Paralyzing ██████████
Poisoning █████
Exhausting ██████████
Binding █████████
Confusing ████████
Flinching ████████
Attracting ████████

Key:
Resilient to Attack Type/Incapitation Method
Netural to Attack Type/Incapitation Method
Vulnerable to Attack Type/Incapitation Method
-------------------------------------------------
BIC:

An Axovenio slowly opened his eyes to the harsh, forenooning light that shone towards his infantile-like body. His coral hairs stiffened to the sound of some voices that discoursed about, as he turned his attention towards the mysterious figures within the distance. His eyes widened to the sight of a blazing inferno that greeted some panicking Pokémon within the forest that ran with frenzied terror.

Knowing that the fire was not the place to be in even for a attentive reward, he decided to turn his hesitant attention towards the mysterious figure that sent out a normal Eevee and a shiny Eevee. His tail nervously shook with his trembling body towards the figures' sizes that seemed to easily intimidate him since he was a baby compared to them.

He was oblivious to the Houndoom that still coughed, as he quietly snuck his way behind a rock and peeked over slightly to watch the mysterious figures with their Pokémon. He continued to observe them with his watchful, yet apprehensive eyes that quietly twinkled a wink within a brief second after catching sight of the shiny Eevee's significantly different coloration.

"I suppose that the only sensible thing would be for us to try and find a way off of this island," Kemen suggested, "I don't want to be here for very long. In fact, it'd be more accurate to say that I don't want to be here at all."

Though grateful that he'd washed up here alive and unharmed, Kemen was in the quite the hurry to return him. His parents, Itzal, and his boyfriend, Daniel, had to be worried sick about him. Literally, in Itzal's case.

The Axovenio saw that the boy was oblivious to his presence, as his tail rose when he heard him mentioning the fact that he wanted to get off of the island as fast as he could. Knowing that the other trainer and his Pokémon have not spotted him yet, he decided to quietly approach the boy in a cautious manner. He took in a quiet breath and hoped that his silent steps would not be noticed by the Honchkrow, as he discretely gathered in some energy to prepare for a quick self-defense move in case if the other Pokémon were to unexpectedly assault him.

He thought to himself while his coral hairs were as stiff as iron, "An island huh? So is that where I am now... and it seems like he's in a rush or something. I don't know if I should talk to that boy there, but maybe it's the best thing I can do even though I can't really talk since no one seems to understand me... On the bright side though, I guess that the Nurse and that weird kangaroo Pokémon won't be chasing me anymore, so I guess that's a positive thing or something I suppose.

Aria and Reii noticed the unknown Pokemon staring at them, but decided not to scare it away. "Hey Reii, did you see that?" Aria said, whispering to her twin brother. Aria was special since she was shiny, unlike her brother. But her brother was braver, a trait she wished she had. "Yeah, I did... So what?" Reii said.

Kemen was starting to become frantic. He couldn't be stuck here forever. He wouldn't let himself be stuck here forever. He had to do something, anything, to get the attention of... He didn't care who, or what came to rescue them. He'd leave on a dirty catamaran, or hovercraft, if he had no other choice. Just as long as he got back to Nita in time to check on Itzal, and inform his family that he wasn't dead.

In an act of desperation, he ordered Roxanne to use flamethrower, straight up at the sky. It was the closest thing he had to a flare, for now...

"What are you doing?" Cyko asked, watching the grass times freak out again. At that moment, Aria and Reii decided to tell Cyko about the unknown Pokemon they saw. "So, your telling me... There are unknown Pokemon here? Cool!" He said, before he saw his houndoom playing with a Arcanine. "Oh heck..." He said, shaking his head.

"Sending up a flare," Kemen answered, "I want to get off of this island, and back to my family as soon as possible. This isn't a holiday island, you know!"

Roxanne's fire leapt up toward the trees, spitting, and then fizzling out. Kemen ordered her to try again.

The Axovenio was astonished to see a Pokémon that was attempting to use Flamethrower straight into the blue skies. He wondered why the Pokémon was ordered to do such a peculiar action, as he was oblivious to the two Eevees that saw him. He quietly approached towards the boy after taking note of the fact that he was attempting to send off an improvised flare signal, as he was speechless from his huge hesitation towards everyone around him.

He attempted to conceal himself with the bushes and rocks around the area, since he would grab a lot of attention because of his species being unknown to most. He thought while slowly approaching towards the boy's Pokémon, "A flare? Wow, they sure want to get out of here quickly... I kinda wished that my Trainer was luckier since I don't have her now. Well, I better hope that I don't cry in front of everyone since they'll think I'm a baby and they'll probably not take me seriously like everyone else did back then."

Roxanne kept going until her flamethrowers came out as spitting embers, and she could no longer reach the sky.

"I suppose that'll have to do, for now," Kemen commented gruffly, returning the exhausted salazzle to her luxury ball, "I hope that that was enough to catch somebody's attention, at least. Let them know that we're here."

The remaining three of Kemen's pokemon came to his side as he positioned himself on a rock. For now, all he could do was wait, but he was certain that soon, a rescue boat would arrive, and he'd be back in Nita, reassuring his parents and Itzal that he was alive and well...

While Aoki and Marion stayed at Kemen's side, Don decided to patrol the area, to ensure that no hostile castaways or pokemon came to attack them. If need be, he'd sky-attack them to oblivion...

The honchkrow eventually came across a small, strange looking creature, beyond the pokedexes of every region he'd previously visited. It didn't matter. He'd drive it away immediately, for Kemen's sake.

Mustering the threatening, film noire persona that only his species could, Don sneered down at the creature, threatening it with a long, low crow.

The Axovenio felt rather intimidated from the Honchkrow's bigger size, as he attempted to keep his cool when he heard the lengthy, but also low crow. He slowly took a step back and discretely gathered in some much needed energy in case if he had to fight against the Honchkrow. He thought, "Stay calm... even bigger opponents can be taken down with some concentration... the worst thing to do is panic, yeah..."

Meanwhile, a little boy slowly aroused from his unconsciousness, as he gave off a quiet yawn from the crow that woke him from his slumber. He quickly brushed off the sand that was on his dark blue overalls, as he noticed his other Pokémon that was inert within a light blanket of sand that covered most of its pale blue, orb-like body that had a faint, bluish, ionic-like tail. He slowly brushed the Pokémon's body while getting as much sand off of it as he could, as the Pokémon's body felt rather cold to the touch.

He quietly blew on the Pokémon's body in an attempt to keep it warm and arouse it from its insensitivity, as the Pokémon jumped up and screamed in telepathy, "Ahh! W- who are you?! Oh wait... it's just y- you... thank god! I thought it was so windy here for a second! Anyway, umm... I hate to ask this, but do you know where we exactly are? This feels like we're in that one lost movie that I saw with you in that movie theater back then."

The boy patted his sky blue plumber's hat, as he shook his head with hesitance. He saw the Pokémon floating over towards him, as he hastily shifted his body shape into another Pokémon when he noticed a black, bird-like threatening another Pokémon within a modest distance.

After the Pokémon was done transforming, his body was alike to a Pokémon that many knew from the Pokédex, but his colors were quite abnormal compared to what the normal colorings were for the Pokémon he now was transformed into. His body was primarily in a light shade of ruby red, while his black, round head gave off resemblance to malevolent skies. His pale green triangular ears and blue ovally nose perceived the sounds and zephyrs that filled the area. His black, flipper-like arms calmly patted a blue shell that rested on his stomach that he seemed to cherish with extreme passion. His pale green feet supported his modest body on the thick layers of sand that filled the shorelines which the calm waters occassionally greeted with small tides. His faintly green, rudder-like tail quivered with the gentle blanket of air that cuddled around his body.

He quietly followed along with the boy as he saw him grabbing his satchel and placing his items back; including a mallet which made his eyes slightly widen. He decided to remain silent, as he quietly walked along with the boy towards a rock and hid with him behind the enormous object while listening in onto the others that were nearby.

Don's gaze was cold and piercing, like an icicle crash attack, as he continued to stare down the pokemon, advancing towards it with a confident strut. It appeared to be charging energy for an attack, of some description, so by the looks of things, the natives were hostile...

The honchkrow snuck a glance back at Kemen, Aoki, and Marion, who appeared to be settled, for now, at least. And settled, they would stay, until help arrived. Like his master, Don was sure that it wouldn't be long before someone came to rescue them, but until then he didn't mind standing guard.

He eventually stopped to confront the creature head-on, prepared to sky-attack it to oblivion.

"I don't know what you're planning, nino," he began, "But you'd best stay away from me, and my master if you know what's good for you, understood?"