• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

Lis giggled as the boy before her expressed his positive attitude. "Me, too," the girl spoke in agreement. "I'm glad I was able to go to this dance in the first place - but it's even better that I get to go with you." She looked down, continuing to swing to the music as well as the several couples beside her. A smile seemed to permanently rest on her face as she pondered to herself.

Dylan laughed as well, and his face flushed lightly with a pale red tint in his cheeks. He grinned and gently let go of his date's hand to softly pat her head before returning it to her grasp. The two continued to sway to the music, and, having felt some sort of urge to do so, Dylan gazed once more into Lis's eyes, smiling warmly as he said three, simple words. "I love you." Could it make things awkward? Possibly. Did he really care? Not in the slightest. (aCK cringey teenage romance things xdd)

Lis stared up at Dylan, eyes somewhat wide with fascination before she registered what he said to her. It took her a second before her face started fuming and a smile broke out on her face. She let go of her date’s hands and threw her own around his neck, burying her face in his chest as she mumbled, “Silly... I love you, too.” In the surprisingly short amount of time the two had spent together, Lis felt the need to confess as well.

(idk how to romance!! eeeeeeeee)

Caught off guard by the hug, but only for a moment, Dylan smiled and wrapped his arms around Lis as well. As the music continued to play, he remained in the embrace and began to sway to the song once again. Once the slow dance was concluded, Dylan slowly pulled away and grinned at his date before bowing respectfully in a thank-you-for-the-dance gesture. So, this was what people found so alluring about dances. After only partaking in one with the girl of his dreams, he could understand what made the experience so amazing.

Given his lack of answer, Even brought the tipsy student's condition to a staff member as he left the matter in their hands as he walked back over to Laura. Well, the night had not began the way he hoped, but the good thing was the worst seemed over and he had yet to screw anything up yet.

Silver linings, he supposed.

"Well, that was weird. But hopefully nothing else will come up to get in the way of everyone's fun." Even said to Laura as he spoke up just to get some talking going. Seemed fitting enough a conversation opener he figured.

"Yeah, but it isn't too much his fault. He may have decided to drink a bit too much punch, but nobody knew it was intoxicated." Laura said, as she peered down at her own cup of punch, untouched as he had gotten it before the scene.

She silently looked around the gym, male couple, female couples, and most of the gym contained male and female couples. Sometimes she wished she could be as confident as the male couples, or the female couples. Coming into the open even though others won't accept them. It made her sad to think about.

Dylan noticed Laura and Even from the corner of his eye, and smiling warmly at Lis, he gently took her hand and walked over to the couple. "Hey guys! How're you enjoying the dance so far?" He grinned and took an oatmeal raisin cookie from the tray on the table next to him and took a small bite, enjoying the taste he had loved since childhood. It was only natural the teen was in good spirits; he had just participated in a dance with Lis, which was without a doubt one of the best moments of his life.

Even had been about to ask Laura of something had troubled her, when he heard the voice of Dylan as Even glanced up and saw Dylan and Lis as they walked over to their area.

"It's been rather nice overall." Even said, though he figured there was more in store for them tonight. He wondered if it would be best to ask Laura if she was okay, or if that was being overly "nosy" as she'd put it. Should he asked her to dance? It seemed proper for a dance after all, but Even had no grace to his step and really he wanted to avoid forcing her to do something she herself may not like. But what if Laura wanted to dance and was waiting on him to ask? Even was unsure and was worried he'd make the wrong move no matter what he did.

"It's alright." Laura said. "With all the work we put into it, it's a bit more dull than I had hoped."

Laura was simply in a down mood. With her feeling bad, her change in emotion and reaction, she felt like her personality was completely shifting. A once happy misunderstood girl to this no longer bullied, dull, depressed child that she didn't want to show to anyone. But it was hard to keep it inside.

Even had taken note of this shift. While Dylan and others may have failed to pick up on it, that subtle downer tone was something he himself had grown all too used to. One that used to be his own before he met Laura. Even felt now was as good as any time to try and do something to lighten Laura's mood.

If only for a short while.

"Well, we can always liven it up. Given it is a dance, maybe we could try one ourselves. I-if you are interested of course." Even said with a low voice and a slight blush. He hoped that Laura would be open to the idea as he figured that it could help make her happy given how happy Lis and Dylan were doing it moments ago. He had to try something, anything, for her sake.

"Sure." Laura replied, giving off a faint smile.

She set down her punch on a nearby table, and found an empty spot in the middle of dancers. She saw eyes boring into her, and the voice in her head went off once again.

They're looking at you. You did something wrong.

Laura immediatley frowned.

Can you leave me alone once? she thought back, rolling her eyes.

(Also, who remembers the name of the guy who liked me? The mascot? It's been so long I can't remember, and I spent literally thirty minutes trying to find the name in previous replies. Not even kidding :p)

Even walked with Laura, as he likewise set his drink aside, and took note of the frown she had as she scanned the others. If he had to guess, she was nervous dancing in public. Something he could relate to, as he made sure to look Laura in the eye before speaking up; Even had no experience in this field, but he needed to say something.

"You know, my mother said the best thing about a dance. Is how you can just...tune out the rest of the world. How all those problems or silly concerns can be put on hold, as you just enjoy the moment." Even said, as he figured that helping Laura ignore the people who likely didn't pay much attention to them anyway would help her have fun with this rather than feel concerned or worried. Even placed his hand on Laura's to add more support.

Laura took this chance and slightly grasped Even's hand.

"Your mom's smart." she said. "But it doesn't just happen like that for me."

Laura shrugged a bit after finishing that sentence. She was going to add the fact that she didn't know how to dance, but that seemed to add on the cheesy romantic stuff every movie had.

(was his name tommy, by any chance? also,, mega overdue reply, i apologize)

Lis watched with positivity as she hovered near Dylan’s side. As Laura and Even departed to dance, Lis glanced at Dylan. When she caught glance of what he was eating, she scrunched up her nose in a playful matter. “Yuck, raisins,” the girl said in a somewhat teasing manner.

Right as Dylan bit into the cookie, he caught a glimpse of Lis' face, which was scrunched up in a look of mock disapproval. He laughed after finishing the rest of the treat, firing back in a playful manner as well, "Hey, come on! I have to at least try to be healthy." Dylan's eyes shined with happiness as he pat his date's head softly before putting his arm around her shoulder. He smiled warmly as he looked at her, beyond happy that for one, he now had a girlfriend, and second, it was Lis, the girl of his dreams. (MUSHY TEENAGE ROMANCE YEAAHHHH)

Lis crossed her arms, smiling as he placed his hand on her head, then wrapping his arm around her. “Do or do not - there is no try,” Lis quoted proudly, leaning her head to lay against Dylan’s shoulder.

(casual, toned down teenage romance?? never heard of it)

Dylan chuckled softly once more, and his smile grew warmer as Lis leaned against him and he planted a small kiss on the top of her head. Music boomed from speakers around the couple, and Dylan quietly suggested, "How about we find a quieter place? It's nice to relax every now and then, wouldn't you say?" He gently took Lis' hand and led her to a wooden bench in a small area where the music was less... boom-y. Dylan sat down on the cushions laid on the bench and leaned back, waiting for Lis to sit down next to him as he took a sip of ginger ale from a plastic cup he managed to snag on the way.

"Not me either, it's not easy. So let's just take it one step at a time." Even suggested, as he felt the warmth of Laura's hand on his own. Even was visibly nervous, as he had no experience with dancing. So, with Laura close Even sighed as he did what felt natural; and slowly began to sway with Laura.

He avoided going at any pace that would startle her, as Even simply mimicked the movements he had seen by others. Though he started slow, just to see how Laura felt about it as he kept his hand gently held with her own.

As Laura and Even started to dance, she tried to pace with Even's footwork, but continued to stumble over her own feet as she looked down, trying to concentrate. Her form was all wrong, and she couldn't do much to improve it. She tried, she really did, but she wasn't feeling it at that moment. She glanced around the room and saw Tommy, alone. He looked over at her, he didn't glare, he just smiled. But there was a pang of jealousy in his eyes, but Laura didn't notice it.

(We'll stick to Tommy. I think you're right.)

Lis complied and seated herself next to her boyfriend. With a beyond content sigh, she rested her head on Dylan’s shoulder. “Thanks for the best formal ever,” she breathed, twiddling her thumbs in her lap. Her heart was full and she had never felt better.

Dylan smiled as Lis laid her head on his shoulder and chuckled softly upon hearing her express her gratitude. "Hey, I should be thanking you. This has been the greatest moment of my life, and you're the one that made it possible in the first place." He sighed as he reminisced back to.. actually not that long ago, which was even more surprising that their relationship was able to grow so strong in such a short period of time. "Remember the first day we met? I felt so awkward from the idea of me holding your hand just to help you up from your seat." Dylan let out a soft laugh as he thought back to the memory.

Even noticed the stumbling, and while he lacked much grace to his step he began to mirror his mother years ago as he would aim to help guide Laura so she didn't trip over herself so much. Least at first till she got the hang of it.

Even kept Laura close, just to act as support as he felt a blush on his cheeks. Even failed to notice the longing look of a certain observant as he was focused on this moment. One that felt...nice, much more than he would have ever guessed going into it.

Laura felt her face heat up and her eyes grow wide as Even kept her in close. She tried to mirror his steps, and eventually she got the hang of it. Before she even knew it, she didn't need to think to step, and couples were giving them room as they went further out, Laura trying to lead.

(Is this autoing?)

Lis flushed. “That wasn’t even that long ago,” she giggled, then paused for a moment. “But... yeah. It’s kinda funny to think about that - even if it was barely awhile ago. It’s.. it’s really neat to remember stuff like that,” she said softly, eyes down in her lap as she continued to rest against Dylan’s shoulder. She smiled once more.

Dylan silently nodded and smiled. It was crazy to think that their friendship had grown into this from just a few days ago, and now this.. He sighed with content and quietly drank down the rest of his ginger ale, setting it down under the bench. Suddenly, getting the compulsion to do so, Dylan gently stroked Lis' cheek, and turned her head to face his as he slowly leaned over and kissed Lis on the lips, holding the embrace for a couple of seconds. All he could do was fervently pray that things wouldn't get awkward from this. (Hopefully this isn't going too far with the romance? Just trying to spice things up a bit xd)

Even noticed as Laura got gradual hang of it, as they moved gracefully through the dance floor while he allowed Laura to take the lead. Even was happy to see that Laura was getting the hang of it, and did his best to continue to move in sync with her to try and be the best partner he could be.

Finding it odd, and comforting, at how...how much he enjoyed this moment.

((It's fine))

Laura smiled at him, a real smile that she couldn’t keep down. Her body had filled with a shiver that wasn’t bad, but filled with pleasure. She continued, suddenly forgetting everyone was there. Tommy saw her staring at Even with a smile, and sighed.

Lis, hardly surprised by the sentimental action, made no objections as he softly turned her head, pressing his lips on her own. She closed her eyes and lightly placed a hand on Dylan’s cheekbone for the few seconds the kiss lasted. When they broke apart, Lis kept her hand hovering on his cheek. Fuming, Lis took her hand back and grinned before covering her face and murmuring, “Crazy..”

As Dylan slowly broke away from the kiss, his face gradually became flushed with a pale pink tint, and he smiled as Lis covered her face. "Well, I guess that was quite the memorable first kiss, huh?" He laughed and gently wrapped his arm around her shoulder before leaning back in his seat. It seemed that so many things were happening during this formal; Dylan still couldn't wrap his head around it all.

Even felt a sensation wash over him as he saw that...saw that wonderful smile from Laura. A genuine smile, one that showed she was having fun and enjoying herself. A sensation that was incredibly, as Even had felt the same enjoyment as everything else faded away but Laura and the dance between them.

"This is...one of the best moments, no...the best moment I've ever had. Thank you, Laura..." Even said, as a smile came over him as well as he continued to dance in perfect sync with Laura's movements.

Laura blushed at this and gave a playful scoff.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." she said sarcastically, as she giggled a bit.

She just continued dancing, her hair swaying from side to side as they synchronized in their dance.

A pleasant smile rested on her face, Lis comfortably sank back. A moment of silence passed, to which she broke by saying, "Now what?" with a giggle. "I assume Laura and Even are dancing," she said, looking to the side as she thought. Turning her gaze to look up at Dylan, she blinked. "What do you wanna do now?" She felt in an unfamiliar state - one that made her feel as if she were floating due to her ecstaticism.

(so, ecstaticism is not a word, but we're gonna pretend it is bc i personally believe that it makes sense lmao)

(it should be a word)

Dylan shrugged and grinned back at Lis. "Whatever you want." He planted one more kiss on her cheek before pulling away and watching the dance from afar. Couples sway to the music on the dance floor, and others hung out with their friends near the food stands. The teen sighed with happiness as he leaned back in his seat, waiting for Lis to reply. So far, so much was happening, and Dylan never wanted it to end.

Shoot, the teen thought. I have no clue what to do.. I like this, but are we supposed to stay like this awkwardly for like.. an hour? What is dating? Lis smiled. "Ah, how about we go back to the gym? If they're not playing one yet, we can wait for them to start playing some funk pop song. Then, we can fricken bust some moves."

(the beginning of this reply was basically my entire thought process on what to reply with)

Dylan nodded. "Sure! Let's go." He picked up the empty plastic cup from under the bench and softly grasped Lis' hand before heading toward the gym. Seeing as how smooth, slow music was playing and couples were slowly swaying to the music, another slow dance had probably begun. Hoping to get some more time in before it ended, Dylan grinned at Lis before throwing away the cup and heading to the dance floor, holding both of her hands softly in his. He let go of her hands for a moment as he bowed and asked in a suave voice, "May I have this dance once more?" His eyes shined with playfulness as he waited for his girlfriend's answer.

"No, absolutely not," Lis said in a mock-serious voice. She paused. "Scratch that. You're cute, so I accept your request." She grinned before placed her hand on his shoulder, then taking his own hand with her free one. "Let's blow everyone away with our excellent dancing skills, yes?" she said softly, eyes twinkling with sarcasm and cheerfulness.

"I suppose so." Even said with a light chuckle, as he recognized it as light teasing and nothing more as he kept up the nice dance with her. Laura looked rather beautiful under the lights of the dance floor, the way her hair swayed...though he refrained from a comment as he moved from side to side all the same.

Dylan smirked before replying, "Of course, m'lady." Suddenly, the music came to a scratching halt, and a soft piano feature played throughout the gym, a feature that Dylan knew all too well. His smirk grew wider, and he assumed the waltz position before whispering to Lis, "Oh, yeah. This is a much better change of pace." As the iconic theme for Howl's Moving Castle began to play, Dylan smiled and waltzed with Lis, taking center stage as some couples stopped and watched in curiosity. Having caught notice of this, the teen glanced at Lis and, having a playful glint in his eyes once again, said, "Let the blowing away begin." (oh shoot sorry if this messed up the moment between Laura and Even!! wasn't my intention >-<)

Last edited:
Fascinated by the sudden change of music, Lis quickly came to recognize the song that played, and an excited smile grew on her face. She adjusted her way of dancing to a waltz - mimicking the pattern that Dylan had been stepping in. "Pfft," was what she uttered in reply to what Dylan had playfully told her. She managed to keep up the footwork - step here, step there.

(ditto ^)

As the song progressed, Dylan was having the time of his life. As the couple waltzed, Dylan did some things he had learned in dance class a couple of years ago and occasionally spun Lis around with dramatic flair. He smiled brightly as the two danced, and more couples began to stop and watch. As the song came to a closing flourish, Dylan spun Lis around before dipping her low at the very end, panting quietly from exhaustion and excitement. Wow.