• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

"Alright." Even said with a small smile before he turned back to the window. Maybe a trip camping would do some good to mend the relationship between Laura and Lis. Not that Even had not intended to get that resolved or at least get the two talking about it before hand this still made for a fun trip and much needed stress relief for all involved.

Laura looked at the clock, and realized she only had fifteen minutes, not enough time to make frosting. She looked around, and saw a group making cupcakes, with some left over cream cheese frosting.

“Excuse me, can we borrow some of this?” She asked a boy, the same one who had tried to grab Lis.

He nodded, and harshly threw what was left at her. She caught the frosting filled plastic bag, and one by one, started frosting the red cupcakes.

Even saw what Laura was doing, as he walked over to her and began to help her with frosting the red cupcakes since he figured that was the least he could do.

Lot of crazy stuff today, hopefully things settle down and we can all work through this.

When the last cupcake was frosted, Laura sat down on the rickety stool. She took some of the leftover frosting, and squeezed a dot of it in her mouth, before setting it back down. Then, she simply waited for class to be over.

Even, likewise with nothing to do, observed the view outside the window; his mind drifted to multiple thoughts that ranged from the Laura/Lis issue, to the future camping trip as well as that...that dance coming up as well. It had been a lot to think about which was a contrast to what Even expected life at this school would have been like earlier in the year.

Suddenly, the bell rang, and everyone was supposed to label their creation, and put it in the large fridge next to Baked Bread's desk. Laura took a sticky note from the right hand top corner of the desk, and used a pen from the cup to put both her and Even's name on it. She then picked up the pan, and brought it over to the fridge. She kicked it open with her leg, and stuffed it in the fridge. Since school was over, Laura trotted to her locker to grab her football stuff.

The bell rang and Lis’ heart skipped a beat. She glanced at Laura, who was out of the door in a heartbeat. Grabbing her own things, Lis followed the many other students out of the classroom. She started to jog to catch up to Laura.

Lis stood behind Laura as she gathered her locker things. Taking a deep breath, she tapped Laura on the shoulder, a weak smile on her face. “Hey,” she started. “I’m really sorry I said you hated me. It was a selfish thing for me to say. Can we... can we talk?”

Laura turned to see Lis, and she was surprised by it. She didn't want to be the rude girl that her mind said she was, so she nodded.

"I have a few minutes before I'm out on the field. What's up?" Laura said stupidly, knowing exactly what was up.

“These past days have been kind of rocky for us, and I really want it to end. I like being friends with you, and I definitely don’t want that to end,” Lis said, folding her hands behind her back. “So, I wanted to apologize for being an awful friend.” She smiled.

“I think I might,” Lis admitted, glancing off to the side. “Could you clarify, though?” The girl really just wanted to make up with Laura at the moment. Hopefully, it would all work out.

“That’s what I expected,” Lis sighed, feeling guilty. “I don’t know how to apologize enough for it to really mean anything. It’s just, he really swept me off me feet, and I got distracted. I promise to never let a boy get in between us, though,” she offered, weakly smiling.

Dylan jumped out of his seat eagerly upon the shrill ringing of the school bell, heading outside the building once his things were gathered. He slung his backpack over his shoulder and ran a hand through his hair before exiting through the double doors that marked the main entrance and exit. He smiled to himself as he took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air. Once Dylan had finished soaking in the wonderful feeling of freedom, he began to head home. Since the Formal was tomorrow, school had been cancelled in order for preparations to be made. Once Dylan had arrived at his abode, he unlocked the door with his house key, stepping inside. After waving briefly to his mom, he walked up the stairs and headed into his bedroom, turning on the light. Beginning to plan his outfit for tomorrow night, Dylan hung his suit jacket, white dress shirt, neck tie, slacks, and belt on a clothes hanger, hanging it on the knob of his bedroom door. Dusting off his hands, he nodded with satisfaction and flopped onto his bed, sinking into the mattress.

Lis returned the fist bump, happiness welling up in her. “Deal,” she repeated. “Oh, hey, are you going with anybody to the formal tomorrow?” Lis asked, tilting her head slightly.

"Oh, yeah, the formal! I'm going with Even." Laura smiled.

Laura was very happy. She hadn't had a very good talk with Lis in a long time, and she was happy that it was over.

You just wait. You no good lying girl, you don't care about Lis. You might as well hurt yourself again, eh? The voice in her head echoed, and she momentarily winced.

"Oh, goodness! I must get going, or I'll be late!" Laura said.

She grabbed her duffel bag and ran for the field, waving to Lis as she left.

Even had gone home, as his club canceled its meeting for the formal tomorrow night which Even had not minded. As for once, Even had plans that night.

To see the former delinquent had been nervous. Even had to do his best to make sure Laura had a good time and avoid doing anything to screw this night up. When Even got home, he was surprised to see his mother of all people. With a black suit that seemed more expensive than they could have afforded. Even had an eyebrow raised.

"Um...I thought you were off working." Even asked as his mother, in spite of the age and stress of her day to day life showing cracks in her complexion, offered a genuine smile.

"I took a sick day. Won't impact me much, and allowed me to gather up some funds. Figured since you were going to the formal tomorrow you'd deserve to look as good as you can for it." Even's mother said which had been a shock to Even as he inspected the suit.

"T-this must have cost a fortune. I-I can't use this, you should return it and save up the money for..." Even said before his mother had made a "shush" gesture which had shut him up..

"Believe me hunny, after what little I have done to been there for you due to these circumstances, this is the very least I could do. We'll still be okay, I have saved up quite a bit of money over the past year. And besides...you enjoying yourself with this little girlfriend of yours is all the reward I need. Now shut up and put this on." Even's mother said, as he took the suit after a minute of mental debating as he had to admit; it looked rather nice and he had to appreciate his mother going the extra mile for them. Though her comment about Laura had made him blush for a moment.

Last edited:
(You might want to edit that a bit. The formal's tomorrow night, and we'll be time-skipping through the day for set up)

Laura shoved on her football uniform, and after a lecture from coach for being late, got out on the field. They did a few warm-ups, and then, they started to play a game. Henry started with the ball, and when the final 'hut' was shouted, he passed it to Laura. Laura jumped up, catching it in her grip, and when her feet hit the grass, she ran. She ran past three men, who started to chase after her. The thought of it caused her to pick up speed. and soon, she dove into the touchdown zone.

"Nice one, Laura! Good pass, Henry!" Coach yelled.

Lis nodded, and smiled as Laura departed off to practice. When she disappeared from sight, Lis let out a giant sigh of relief. “Oh thank goodness...” she murmured to herself, turning around to go to her locker. When she grabbed her things, she head out the school door and on her way home. Several people stopped her in her path to ask her about what happened to her earlier in the day. She explained it, leaving out details here and there, and then told them to tell their friends so she wouldn’t have to explain it to everybody else.

When Lis returned to her home, it was empty. She tossed her backpack aside, and head into her room with her phone in her hand as she threw herself on her bed. Hanging on her door was her dress to the formal. She smiled, thinking about Dylan, then about Even and Laura.

After a couple hours, practice ended, and Laura trotted home, after taking off all her gear of course. When she arrived through the wooden doors in the front, no one was home. She walked upstairs, and down the hall. She opened the door to her room, and walked inside. After closing the door behind her, Laura opened her closet, and started to examine some of the dresses. A few of them caught her eye. There was one that was simple, a silky white dress that hung low in the back, and a bit shorter in the front. There was a detailed icy blue one, with sparkles at the bottom, and a clear lace at the top, sleeveless with a neck piece. Then, there was a black on, with no sleeves whatsoever, relying on the breasts to hold up the dress. And the zipper in the back. It was a tight dress, something formal (Pun Intended). She took pictures of the dresses, and sent the pictures to Lis, knowing she had a good fashion sense.

"Which 1 looks better?" she texted.

Lis, who was browsing on her phone, tapped on the text notification with a smile. “I rlly like the white one. (: you’d look super pretty in it!” she responded, and looked at her own dress.

It had a white top-piece that was sleeveless, and held up on the chest. Connected to it was a rose gold silky skirt, falling to the floor, and had a slightly slim fit, but stilled flowed around in a sense. Lis had a simple white choker that she would wear, and a pair of fancily embroidered heels.

"Oki, thx. :up:" Laura texted.

She pressed the home button twice, and swiped up on her messages, before turning off her phone. Then, she took the white dress off the hanger. After getting undressed, she tried it on, and looked in the mirror. She smiled when she saw herself, thinking she looked cute.

Ugly piece of shit. You think you look so good. You don't. Everyone will only say they like it because they take pity on you. You should be ashamed.

The voice made Laura immediately strip off the dress, and hang it back up, changing into more casual clothes. She sighed. Then, she fell to the floor and started smacking herself over the head multiple times.

"Stupid, stupid! Get out, get out, get out!" she screamed.

Dylan sighed with content as he still laid in the bed, pulling out his phone and scrolling through social media. After a few minutes, two curt knocks came at his bedroom door, and his mother emerged into the room, an excited look on her face. "Dylan, hurry downstairs! Dad's home with a surprise!" Dylan raised an eyebrow and followed his mom down the stairs, where his father was waiting in the living room, a large box in front of him. "Hiya, son," He greeted, a grin on his face. "Open the box. You'll like what's inside, trust me." Dylan chuckled and complied with a shrug of his shoulders, kneeling down to open the box. Right upon opening the cardboard box, Dylan was met with a tackle by what seemed like a mass of white fluff, proceeded by an assault of licks. Dylan laughed loudly and attempted to push the Samoyed puppy off and ran his hand along the soft fur. "No way! Is this for real, dad?!" His father chuckled and nodded. "Your mom and I knew how much you love dogs, and we all know for a fact that all girls love a guy with a dog." Dylan blushed and laughed once more at the remark. "Wow.. this is.. just.." He truly was at a loss for words. His mother was beaming as she joined in to stroke the puppy's belly. "So, Dylan, what should we name him?" Dylan studied the dog briefly and thought before a smile came to his face. "Let's go with Hugo." Hugo's tail wagged furiously as the dog tackled Dylan once more, prompting more laughter from the family.

(I'll do the time skip now.)

Laura slept well that night, thinking only of the formal tomorrow. When tomorrow came, and her alarm clock started to blare, she was out of bed in about two seconds flat. She shuffled through her closet, and pulled out a white t-shirt, with a black zip-up sweatshirt. After throwing that on, she put on some baggy jeans, with a belt to keep the waist band steady. Then, she ran to the bathroom, and immediately started brushing her teeth. After a quick and lazy brush of 1 minute, she started to brush through her hair with a hairbrush, and pulled it high into the air, before grabbing a black ponytail, and twisting it into her hair. When she finished, she put on some concealer, and ran downstairs to the kitchen. Her mom and dad were still not home. She grabbed an apple, and flung her backpack over her shoulder, before slipping on her shoes. She hopped on one foot while tying them, and jumped out the door. After getting her shoes tied, she started munching her apple, and walking to school.

You look like a mess, what was that?! You have so much time to get to school, and you slop around your house?! Man, first Lis, now this. You make me sick.

The voice caught Laura off guard, and she threw her half eaten apple on the ground and smashed it with her foot. Apple gunk flew onto the lawn besides her, and some of it was sticking to the bottom of her shoe.

Littering? What an animal. Even would be ashamed, especially because he loves nature. You better not tell him, or he'll be pissed.

Laura's stomach wound up with guilt. She decided she'd tell him first thing when she got to school. She tried to wipe the gunk from her shoe, and clean her neighbor's yard a bit. Then, while walking to school, she held apple mush, covered in grass, dirt, and gravel.

Water gently trickled down Ezren's window, from the multiple sprinklers he owned. He was taking off his tux, which was a fairly expensive one - made directly from his mother. One of the benefits of having a mother who sewed multiple different kinds of suits and tux's for a living. His mother was beaming at him, she tilted her then asked him, "So who will you ask to the Formal..?" He wasn't quite sure to be frank.

He said the same to his mother - but she frowned. "There has to be someone you think of," she smiled "or someone you see when you wake up." Ezren thought about what she said, paused, then smiled back at her.

"Then I suppose I do know who I'm asking."

(Ooh, a surprise!)

Laura walked to school, and the moment she saw a trash can, she dumped the mush into it, and shuddered. Then, she wiped off her hand on her jacket. She sat at 'the bench', waiting for her friends to show up. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, and checked her phone for the weather forecast. The school would be meeting in the Gym to set up, and make their way to the outside party decorations.

Even had walked along to the school. It was formal day, and Even had told himself over and over again to remain calm and not do anything to ruin Laura's night. He had to do that, Laura deserved nothing less than the perfect night after all she had done for him.

Still, Even put those thoughts on hold as he saw Laura on the bench and naturally sat down next to her.

"Hey, how are you?" Even asked Laura as he saw her checking her phone.

"I'm good. Listen, there's something I should tell you...I had an apple and threw it on the ground and smashed it and felt guilty and picked it up and threw it away because I know you like nature and you'd hate if I littered..." she blurted.

She sighed, and put her phone away.

Dylan woke up with a loud yawn... or at least that's how he would have liked to awaken. Instead, Dylan was abruptly woken up by Hugo leaping onto his bed and furiously licking his face with no restraint. Dylan laughed and picked his dog up before getting out of his bed tiredly and setting the dog down. He got ready for the day, putting on a coral tee and khakis paired with a brown leather belt. He washed up and headed downstairs, where a plate of bacon and scrambled eggs topped with ketchup waited for him at the dinner table. Dylan smiled and sat down before digging in, finishing his breakfast quite quickly. He pulled a dog treat out of the bag and gave it to Hugo, who accepted it with a tail wagging faster than a helicopter's spinning blades. Dylan slung his backpack over his shoulder and began to walk to school, excited for the evening to come.

Even blinked for a moment or to in confusion. Indeed, Even had been a nature fan, but he didn't want that to be something Laura should feel guilt over.

"It's okay Laura. It's not that big a deal. Though the effort is appreciated. But really that isn't anything to stress over." Even insisted to Laura, as while he appreciated that Laura was quick to deal with litter he did not want her to think he had to stress over something like that.

Laura sighed happily, and while Even wasn't looking bopped her head.

Heh. You're lucky you have good friends. You don't deserve them. The voice taunted.

"Shut up!" she screamed to herself.

Even blinked as he heard Laura shout as he turned to his friend with concern.

What the....what was that?

"Um...are you okay Laura?" Even asked with some natural concern. If something had troubled Laura he wanted to know as she was not the type to shout for no reason.

Laura tried to think up a lie, fast.

"Oh, I hear this loud buzzing noise in my head, and it's getting really annoying." she half-lied.

Nice lie. Where'd you get that one, the dumpster? You may have lost it there when you were born. Or maybe the highway, where most accidents happen?

Laura rolled her eyes, and bopped her head again.

Lis woke up later than her usual ‘early bird’ hour. She pushed herself out of her bed, yawned, and rubbed her eyes as she opened her closet. Grabbing a black and floral romper, Lis threw it on her bed and head into the bathroom, beginning her morning routine. She brushed through her hair, tying it into a half-ponytail. Then, she brushed her teeth, and walked back to her room, where she stripped down and slipped into the romper. Grabbing a jean jacket off of a hanger, she slid into it and grabbed her backpack, leaving her room.

Before she left the house, Lis stepped into a pair of flats and grabbed an orange. Afterwards, she exited through the door and started on her way to school. Lis happily hummed as she walked, and threw away the orange peel when she arrived on school grounds. She jogged over to “the gang’s” usual meeting area, and smiled. “Morning,” she greeted the two.

"I...I don't think doing that to your head would deal with a buzz sound. If you think it's a bug or something, try just brushing around your head." Even advised as he watched as Laura made that claim before she bopped her head again. He had to admit, he was not sure if Laura doing that to herself was a good thing or not though he had to think of a way to ask without getting her angry at him. He was concerned, but already Laura had been on him when he was "overprotective" of her involving that incident with Henry.

Though before he inquired about the subject, he saw the arrival of Lis and waved to her. "Hey."

"Hey." Laura greeted, giving Lis a slight wave.

Laura's phone dinged, and she found it in her backpack and pushed the power button. The phone notification that was stated read,

'Youtube: peanutbuttergamer just poster a new video!'

Laura immediately clicked the notification, and her phone took her to the Youtube app, where she paused the video before it started, and without swiping up on to, closed youtube and turned off her phone.

Dylan breathed in the morning air as he walked to school, smiling as he soaked it in. Upon arrival, he noticed his usual friends at the same spot as yesterday, and he was happy to see that Lis and Laura had seemed to have reconciled. Dylan walked up to them and waved, a wide grin on his face. "Hey, guys! How's it going?"

"Hey." Laura said.

Laura just realized she hadn't the chance to talk to Dylan in a full fledged conversation. The most they probably ever said to each other was a hello.

"I'm fine, by the way."

Dylan smiled and held out his hand for Laura to shake. "I'm glad to hear that. Also, it seems that you and Lis have reconciled. I'm happy for you both; I wouldn't want your friendship to be torn apart because of me." After all, it was true. Dylan had longed for Lis ever since he had first laid his eyes on her, and he completely disregarded any of her previous friendships. However, the only important thing was that it had been resolved.