• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I, for one, am in love. I can not wait to hear more about this at E3 and in the days running up to it @___@

As I wrote on the main site news:
A 3D game that looks similar to Wind Waker's cel shaded art style with top-down 2D game play. Adding to the Wind Waker feel was the return of the wide open sea, though it appears to be a different boat this time 'round.

The crux of the gameplay seems to take place on the touch screen, while the top is used for things like maps or the sky. Players can use the touch screen to guide the boomerang, map out their ship voyages, and even make little notes on their dungeon maps - all seen in a brief yet utterly beautiful video.

Iwata has confirmed that Phantom Hourglass will be playable at this year's E3 and, if all goes well, out by the end of the year. With Twilight Princess' record in mind, though, we'll just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best.

If you haven't seen the video yet, do yourself a favour and check it out! 8) I linked to IGN, but you can find it at Gamespot and probably many other gaming sites, too.

A random thought for people to consider: do you think they'll tack on Four Swords for multiplayer or will they leave it as a stand alone release?

I'm just hoping for a near release. It has an English title and has gameplay seen in English, so that means they're probably a ways into development. Then again, Twilight Princess had translated portions playbable at last year's E3 (a year-and-a-half before the release of the game), so that doesn't mean a whole lot. Plus, two Zelda games at the end of the year? Common marketing sense says to wait until early next year at least.

I wonder if Nintendo is making this game in house or if they've outsourced it to Capcom? It has that whole Capcom Zelda feel to it, but there was no mention of them, and it would've made more sense to show it during a Nintendo press conference if it was a Nintendo-made game. Doesn't matter who it is, I guess, they both make danged good Zelda games.