• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Legend of Zelda: Hero of Unity

@Battle Legend G.K. @Fraseandchico @TheChildOfTheLettuceField

Allow me to tell you a story...

Long ago, a knight was chained in a land destined for ruin. A noble warrior and the first of his bloodline. The first Hero lived in the Land of Hylia, back when it was known as such. Framed by the servant of the Dark Lord Demise, Lord Dagianis, he was imprisoned and ignored by the people. When Dagianis' treachery was uncovered, the Hero was set free. With the blade and outfit made by Orville, the smith, the Hero met with the Goddess Hylia and received her blessings - a powerful red Loftwing and the Master Sword, which the Hero reforged with his own hands. Alongside the Gorons, the Hero fought valiantly against the Demon King, sacrificing his life to let his people rise to the sky in safety. And so the Hero of Sacrifice perished.

But this was not the end of the Hero's legacy. As willed by the goddess Hylia, the Hero's spirit would be reincarnated whenever the Demon King rose to battle once more. The next battle was a pivotal one, with the Hero of the Sky striking down Demise with the aid of the reincarnation of Hylia. Demise placed a curse on the pair, with his hatred joining the Hero's Spirit and Hylia's Blood in an eternal cycle of reincarnation.

He would make good on this promise during the eras of the Hero of Time, Hero of Twilight and the Hero of Light. The hatred of Ganondorf, the embodiment of Demise's hatred, and his beast form Ganon terrorized the lands with great plagues of shadow. But as per legend, every time a green-clad hero and a princess with the blood of the Goddess would rise up to stop them.

Upon Ganondorf's next return, after his followers shattered the Four Sword, he chose to vanish. Operating from the shadows, he slowly used figureheads and puppets to manipulate his way into every major part of Hyrule before taking it over in a flash. The last king, Johansen Nephrys Hyrule, was helpless to stop his attack. The Hyrulean Knights were all defeated, with Sir Raven - the commander of the Knights - taken captive. The Goron Chieftain was usurped by Ganon's chosen, the Zoras were cut off from the world and left to die and the Deku were poisoned by a sudden plague. Only the Gerudo escaped Ganondorf's wrath, being his chosen people.

Hidden within Kakariko Village, the son of Sir Raven and former Hyrulean Knight Recruit, Link, rests with his sister. Soon, however, a mysterious figure shall lead them out of the bounds of the village on a quest to free Hyrule from Ganondorf's reign.

This Zelda RP takes place at the end of the Child Timeline, with Ganondorf having finally conquered Hyrule through tricks and deceit. We'll be following a central cast of nine heroes, the focal point of our quest, with several other side characters along the way. Rules are the regular rules of Charms. Tbh don't have much else to say except that you've got the ability to create new characters as long as they fit within the constraints I'm setting for the new hero stuff.
Link Raven - The son and first-born of Sir Raven, Link has always wanted to be a knight like his father. During Ganondorf's takeover of Hyrule Castle, he was forced to flee to Kakariko Village. He believes his father is dead, and mourns him to the current day. Skilled with a sword and shield, will later gain the Hookshot as his subweapon. Secretly the Hero of Union, with the Triforce of Courage hidden on his left hand. - Played by @Battle Legend G.K.
Aryll Raven - Also known as Linkle, Aryll is a markswoman unmatched in all of Kakariko with her dual crossbows. The daughter and second-born of Sir Raven, she takes more after her uncle, wishing for a much more domestic lifestyle on the old family farm. Absolutely adores apples. Considers Brooce a jerk for picking on her brother so much, even when he tries to make romantic advances on her. Uses dual crossbows, will later gain the Bombs as her subweapon. - Played by @Fraseandchico
Princess Zelda Hyrule - Princess Zelda went on the run during Ganondorf's initial attack, losing her father and her home in the same night. Zelda escaped, but chose not to return to her people - instead, she donned the guise of Sheik to move unseen as a Sheikah. Uses a longbow and rapier with the Goddesses' magic as her subweapon. Secretly the reincarnation of the Goddess, Hylia, with the Triforce of Wisdom hidden on her left hand. - Played by @Fraseandchico
Captain Thomas Kale - The captain of the Hyrule Knights just underneath Sir Raven in rank, Kale lead the recruits to safety within Kakariko Village. He's responsible for patrolling the outside of the village and keeping the local militia in top shape. Link and Brooce are his star pupils, and he trusts them, despite Brooce's attitude. Uses dual katana as his weapons with the Pegasus Boots as his subweapon. - Played by @Eeveechu151
Ziza - A Deku Scrub, Ziza is fairly irrelevant in Deku society. When Ganondorf poisoned the Great Forest, however, he decided to step up to help save the day. Uses his natural Deku spinning abilities and Deku Seeds as his weapons with boomerangs as his subweapons. - Played by @TheChildOfTheLettuceField
Darani - The son of the former Goron Chief, his father was killed before his eyes by a Goron traitor serving Ganondorf who took over the tribe by force. Ever since, he's been hiding away and training for when he'll rise up and take revenge for his father. Uses his Goron fists and rolling technique as his weapons, with his Goron Warhammer as his subweapon. - Played by @Fraseandchico
Princess Iara - The daughter of King Zora, she was separated from her people during Ganondorf's attack and isolation of Zora's Domain. She remains in the outside, surviving only thanks to Lake Hylia, where she remains to this day. She searches for the Aqua Charm that will allow her to survive away from her lake for long periods of time and command the power of water to free her people. Uses the Aqua Charm as her main weapon and the Ice Rod as her subweapon. - Played by @The Kitsune
Master Saizo - The chosen agent of the Sheikah Tribe, this solitary shinobi is a deadly warrior who strikes at vital operations of Ganondorf to slow his takeover. Uses knives as their weapons and kunai daggers as their subweapons. - Played by @The Kitsune
Ghanti - A former member of the Gerudo Tribe, Ghanti became disgusted with Ganondorf's leadership as she grew older. Eventually, she decided to ditch her people, heading to Hyrule Fields to become a bandit instead. Ever since Ganon's takeover, she's had a lot of business, but prefers to attack Ganondorf's Dark Nuts than travelers trying to survive. Uses her trusty dagger as a weapon and her bow as a subweapon. - Played by @Eeveechu151
Lord Ganondorf Dragmire - @Eeveechu151
Sir Luke Raven - @Eeveechu151
Uncle Walter Raven -
Brooce - @The Kitsune
Impa - @Ghostly Jazz Hand's
Sage of Light - @Eeveechu151
Sage of Forest -
Sage of Fire - @Fraseandchico
Sage of Water -
Sage of Shadow -
Sage of Spirit - @Eeveechu151
Sahasrahla -
I know there's gotta be more I'm forgetting but I kinda want to get the major ones out of the way and leave room for more later.
So yeah, let's start signing folks up! Once we get all of the main characters taken, we'll start the RP. I'll limit people to three main characters each, and you can't take both Link and Zelda. Side characters, though? Take as many of them as you want!

Last edited:

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
I won't take any other characters; as for Link, I'd like to customize him to be like BotW Link; devoted to his cause, and a big appetite, but I wouldn't mind taking away his sort of inability to speak, as I believe most of the Zelda games could have been somewhat improved by giving Link natural dialogue and reaction to his surroundings, somewhat like modern-day Sonic games.
As for his age, is it Young Link, or Old Link? I would actually like to drop him in between in his teenage years; about fifteen.

I'll take the Deku Scrub if that's ok.
Perfecto. What are you naming him? What does he look like? What's his history? You get to customize our Deku friend as you wish.
I won't take any other characters; as for Link, I'd like to customize him to be like BotW Link; devoted to his cause, and a big appetite, but I wouldn't mind taking away his sort of inability to speak, as I believe most of the Zelda games could have been somewhat improved by giving Link natural dialogue and reaction to his surroundings, somewhat like modern-day Sonic games.
As for his age, is it Young Link, or Old Link? I would actually like to drop him in between in his teenage years; about fifteen.
Link is in his teens, and devoted to the cause and a big appetite definitely works for him. It's a good thing his Uncle's a great cook! The speaking thing is something we might or might not include, but I was thinking of making Link selectively mute.
Can I take Aryll, Zelda, and the Sage of fire?
Sure, they're yours! FYI Linkle is 14 and Zelda is 15. Also, we'll find out about the Sage of Fire later. If you want to take one more hero and customize them like LettuceField, then feel free!

Pro Hero Dekiru

Another selectively mute Link; I can do that. I can definitely do that.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but it Brooce a reference to Skyward Sword?

Pro Hero Dekiru

Eh. It might be cliche, but I personally think of Ganon/Ganondorf himself as the best villain in Zelda. Or at least the most popular. I mean, the guy comes back every one thousand years or so to lay waste to a land and claim his prize of infinite power. It's like Mario or Sonic; A plot that continues to repeat but people still love it as long as it's given that theme that sets it apart from the crowd.
Also, the guy survived being stabbed by one of the only weapons that could kill him, murdered his executioners, and used the weapon they almost succeeded in killing him with as a primary weapon. I mean, COME ON!

Also, when will the RP be up?

I will take 'the daughter of King Zora' and 'The chosen agent of the Sheikah Tribe' if they are still available. I'll write up a quick bio for both, as I can't resist having at least my own reference to appearance.

Indeed they are. You get to choose some more stuff about them as well, such as their name, family (outside of what's already listed) and history (again outside of what's already listed).

Here we are. I don't have time to write out a personality or backstory for Saizo just yet; will add when I have more time tomorrow.

Name: Iara (Pronounced Ee-ar-ah)
Species: Zora
Title: Princess (Daughter of King Zora)
Appearance: Iara has the more shark-like appearance of the Zoras from BOTW, with her primary colors being pale gold with a cream white underbelly. A Few tiny, glowing blue markings litter either side of her head fin, arm fins and hips, their hue matching the color of her eyes. While she wears the traditional drapings and silver headdress of her people, Iara has also taken to wearing the silver-plated chest armor she had once intended for her future husband. With Hyrule facing unknown dangers and her domain unreachable, it is unlikely she’ll be able to focus on romance any time soon anyway. She has also taken to wearing fishnets around her hips and around the center portion of her head fin to break up her gold coloring for better camouflage.
Personality: Iara is still quite young mentally and shows it in her naive nature. While the times have taught her to be initially suspicious, once she gets even the slightest reassurance that others are not supporters of Ganondorf, her walls fall and her interest comes out in full, bubbly measure. She has tendency to elope on random adventures to sate her curiosity, a habit that inevitably saved her as she was not in the Zora Domain at the moment of it’s downfall.
Name: Saizo Kirigakure
Species: Sheikah
Title: Master Shinobi
Appearance: Saizo has an athletic build, standing at a lithe 5’9” and 170 pounds, with long-layered silver hair that might just brush his shoulders if it ever lay flat. His eyes are crimson like many sheikahs, but his are slightly darker and said to resemble the color of dried blood, perhaps due to the ruthless, cold expression he always wears. He wears a dark blue sleeveless ninja-garb with a gray, cloth belt and black tabi boots. Over his left shoulder, Saizo wears an armored black shoulder pad with a rigid half-neck corset for protection, the ghosted image of the shiekah symbol on it only visible in the right light. Strapped to his forearms, he wears armored wrist guards made of the same rigid material. While most of his innumerable knives and kunai are hidden about his person, strapped at the small of his back is his primary weapon; a 20in wakizashi short blade. Another constant though seldom seen item Saizo has on him is a white and red fox mask. Worn only during covert missions to conceal his face, it is otherwise kept tucked in the folds of his tunic.

Last edited:
Ok, I feel left out of the joke. @.@ No clue where these references are coming from... I took the name from Saizo Kirigakure, the Sengoku era ninja.

...that being said, I'm not opposed to him having a sibling, whatever her name.

And that, people, is why we never reference Fates outside of smash.

Name: Darani
Species:
Goron
Title: Rightful Chief of the Goron.
Appearance: Typical Goron, but slightly bigger, and slightly more fit
Personality: Quite grumpy, and pretty obsessed with getting revenge on the Goron that killed his father, but can warm up to people, it just takes while. Not exactly smart.
Family: He believes they were all killed by the traitor. But he had a brother.
History: After his dad was killed and his brother was presumed dead, he ran away, and blocked himself in a cave at the foot of his old mountain home. He spent most of his time training, and made his hammer with rocks and his bare hands. He hides from sight, waiting for his chance to take revenge.

Last edited:

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Perfecto. What are you naming him? What does he look like? What's his history? You get to customize our Deku friend as you wish.!

I don't know the base size for a deku scrub so I'll go with 4 feet tall, they have something similar to a straw hat made out of leaves or whatever, They have something similar to a collar, stretching down to their waist. They served no real purpose in the deku society, just randomly wandering around most of the time, just exploring and talking to others, so... just kinda useless. They are a male I have no idea for a name so lets just name them Ziza (?).

Last edited:

Pro Hero Dekiru

So, a few questions.
1. When will the RP be up? (I apologize for this being the second time I have asked the question)
2. Will the Master Sword be present in this RP?

1) Soon, but tonight is pretty busy for me and it's the first week of actual school so you may have to wait until the weekend...
2) Yes. The Master Sword will enter the picture halfway through the story.