• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of the Darkness

It's been 36 years since the Calamity. Hyrule, once peaceful, has turned into a land of chaos and disaster. The Divine Beasts now play against us, monsters have taken over of the paths, distrust now reigns between the different regions of these lands. Chaos. Disorder. Some of the inhabitants are trying to recover normality, but things are getting more and more difficult: hunger, threats, fear... If things weren't easy, somewhere in Hyrule, a dark-yellow portal has been opened.

Welcome to this roleplay. I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: Breth of the Wild for some days and I decided to create one based on this incredible open world. But I wanted to add something new to it, so I decided to add a fictional story that includes something related to the Twilight Realm. The Roleplay will take place 64 years before the "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" actual events.

Rules:
1) The PokeCharms General RolePlay Rules apply to this role (obviously).
2) You cannot play as important relevant characters of the story (Link, Zelda... That stuff). There is a maximum of three characters (at least for now) for Roleplayer.
3) Post regularly. I don't mean to reply when someone post, but make sure to check the roleplay regularly (more or less each 1, 2 or 3 days), in case someone needs you to interact.
4) I'll just say that the more you write, the better it will be... Maybe between 3 or 5 lines will be recommendable as a minimum number of lines (not obligatory neither).
5) Please, no Mary Sue characters.
6) Write "Apple" in "Others" to make sure that you have read the rules.
7) Moderate Violence is allowed.
8) Keep your character info updated. This rule is here for new people that want to join and make easier for them to know our characters.

Character Info:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Special traits (if any):
Inventory: (the stuff that you carry at this point):
Allies/Friends:
Enemies:
Backstory:
Other:

I hope that you like the idea.
(I'll add my character info later if I see that there are people that would like to join. We'll start the roleplay when we are at least 3 roleplayers).

Last edited:
Name: Reize
Race: (Hylian, Zora, Rito...): Hylian
Appearance:
upload_2017-3-19_15-28-9.png

Personality: Kind, Brass, Cocky, Wants Peace
Special treats (if any): None
Inventory: (the stuff that you carry at this point): Boomerang, Red Tunic, Seared Steak, Din's Blade.
Allies/Friends: All Who Want Peace. Raq, Manuel. The Great Fairy.
Enemies: Bad people, Monsters.
Backstory: Reize Was Born into Castle
Town, Before The Cataclysm, Reize Visited The Great Fairy Shrine, And Learnt That He Would One Day help Restore Peace, So He Trained With Boomerangs, And Obtained Din's Fire Before the Cataclysm, Along With A Red Tunic, afterwards, He Roamed The World, And Still Does. He Is The Ambassador Of The Great Fairy
Other: Likes Apples.

Last edited:
@Fraseandchico is accepted.

Well, here is my character:
Name: Raq
Race: Rito
Appearance: a dark blue feathered Rito. He also has white feathers in the surrounding areas of his eyes, chest, belly and the underside of his wings. Quite tall. His beak is similar to the ones that falcons have, his eyes are colored in a dark green tone. The feathers of his head are combed as a crest (I think that if I say "like a Staraptor" here, everybody understands it, am I wrong?). He has a scar on his left shoulder. He also wears a Stealth Tunic and Stealth Trousers that leave his bird-like legs vulnerable. He also has an Hylian Hood, covering his head and a ninja scarf covering his beak.
Personality: Proud, tries to be distant with the ones that do not trust. He has a good sense of humor.
Special traits (if any): None.
Inventory: Forked Lizal Spear, Lizal Boomerang, Falcon Bow, some arrows and a shield. He also carries some food, the leather armor described before and a journal book. Bandages and some potions, as well as some ingredients to create them. Now equipped with an Hylian hood, a Stealth Tunic, Stealth Trouser, and one of those Ninja Scarfs.
Allies/Friends: Euro, Reize, Manuel, Xander, Syth.
Enemies: None at this moment; the ones that hurt his feelings or threaten the Rito Village.
Backstory: He was born in the Rito Village some years after the Calamity. It was forbidden to go out of the village due to possible attacks, so he always has wanted to go out of it and explore. The ambient in the Village was tense due to the fear possible attacks of monsters or Vah Medoh. He has been practicing fighting since he was a child. Now that he is old enough, he is allowed to go out, but with the condition of being a representant of the Rito Village, always trying to make contact with other villages, open commercial routes... In his fist expedition, he got injured in his shoulder fighting against some Lizalfos. Since that moment, he carries the weapon that hurt him in order to remember that he should be more cautious. His expeditions at this moment have been fruitless, so he's been preparing for a long expedition all around Hyrule.
Other: He is quite good with the bow, but not the best of his tribe. He can fly. His weapons, with the exception of the Forked Lizal Spear, are ornamented with classical Rito decorations. Loves Apples.

Last edited:
Name: Alix
Race: Twili
Appearance: Ok, in terms of build, she looks like any other Hylian. She is well build, quite pretty, and if she didn't work out as much as she did she'd be very round and adorable. As it were, she is muscular, her hair cut in a short pixie cut that kind sticks up everywhere. She has the pointed ears, lopsided grin, and longer and more sharp canines in the back of her mouth, and she looks every bit like a more feral Twili, her face is rather impish and mischievous. But of course, most of her body is white, with a black mask like marking around her eyes that is spiky, and her chest is entirely black until her lower stomach. Her lower legs are black, and her left arm is entirely black, and she has a black diamond marking on her back. Some strange skin genetic gives her dull purple strips across her lower arms and back, and she has these mulberry colored splotches on her jaw. Her eyes are like any Twili, yellow sclera, slitted pupil, red iris, although hers have a hint of blue around the pupil, marbling her eye. Her hair is orange, no surprise. Doesn't wear clothing like most Twili. It's not like she really needs to either.
Personality: Loud and annoying, but fiercely loyal and totally willing to simmer down and be a shoulder to lean on. She really does care despite acting aloof all the time.
Special treats: none
Inventory: Short sword, Wooden shield, lantern, a bottle of oil, small bag of rupies she stole. Although at the moment she can't use any of it.
Allies/Friends: none so far
Enemies: none, although people tend to attack her.
Backstory: She didn't have parents, but the Twili she lived with/around all helped raise her until she was independent enough to start living on her own. As such she has a stubborn, I can do it myself, I need to prove myself, sort of attitude and hates being looked down upon. Honestly, how she ended up in the realm of light is unknown to her, but she should be dead. Key word should. Something forced her into the world of light, and it was only due to one of the light spirits turning her into a small calico cat that saved her. They told her that she'd turn back and be unharmed by the light if someone showed her true affection unlike the obligation to care for her that the Twili felt, but life's hard for a feral cat, since she's treated like a pest 90% of the time.
Other: I saw Twilight Princess and I went for it. I was eating apples as I read this. If you don't want a Twili or don't like something about her I can easily edit/change.

Sounds good, you are accepted too, @CrunchyCucumber
Well, I've been thinking about how to start the story. I think that the best idea I had would be to start several days before a portal to the Twilight Realm, in order to give some time to our characters to meet, forge alliances, explore the world.... What do you think?

We could work about that XD, I suppose that in the meantime Alix could try to find Reize or Raq. Anyways, I'm going to keep on my studies right now, and later I'll create the other post and I'll send a link to it.

Hey, thought this RP might be pretty cool. So here's a character sheet for you to nod sagely at and approve.

Name
: Hiran
Race: Zora
Appearance: His scales are dark green with a cream underbelly. He has an elongated snout, a dorsal fin on his head, and two fins hanging down at his neckline, altogether making his head resemble a conventional shark. Like most Zora, he wears an assortment of intricate jewellery, consisting of a silver collarpiece, with matching armbands and anklets.
Personality: Curious, flighty, and fidgety. He hates waiting around idly and fidgets with his head-tail constantly.
Special traits: None
Inventory: Uses a Zora Spear and two short swords in combat. He also keeps a supply of fish and bottles of water to keep him hydrated on long journeys; something he learned he'd need the hard way. Otherwise he travels light.
Allies/Friends: Most of the Zoras of his birthplace, although he left them without a proper goodbye, or permission to leave in the first place.
Enemies: Octoroks and Lizalfos; he doesn't like having to deal with enemies on his own turf.
Backstory: He was only 28 when the Calamity occurred; an event that caused the Zoras to withdraw from the rest of Hyrule in sorrow for their lost daughter. Hiran spent the second half of his childhood in a kingdom that never saw visitors. Like the other Zora, he remembers Mipha fondly, and still wonders if she could be alive, trapped within the dormant Divine Beast nearby. Although Vah Ruta hasn't moved since it was taken over in the Great Calamity, no one has been able to get inside it to learn the truth. Tired of the tears and lack of answers, Hiran eventually decides that if nobody in the Domain had could help them, then he'll find someone elsewhere who could, and disappears in the night to go on a journey that may hopefully give his people their lost daughter back.
Other: What's an apple?

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Name: Manuel
Race: (Hylian, Zora, Rito...) Hylian
Appearance: Short, black pointy hair, brown eyes. He wears a blue shirt and brown shorts, and a necklace with a Bokoblin Horn on it.
Personality: Kind, Brave and Friendly. Likes adventure.
Special treats (if any): None,
Inventory: (the stuff that you carry at this point): Rusty Broadsword, a metal bow, with arrows as well. He also has a Seared Steak, some apples and shrooms, also he carries a Paraglider (made by himself, not perfect, but works) and a metal shield.
Allies/Friends: None at the moment.
Enemies: The many monsters that appear, especially Bokoblins and Stalfos.
Backstory: Born 24 years after the Calamity, this young but adventorous Hylian decided to leave Kakariko Village and find other people that could help out with the huge amount of monster that appeared throughout Hyrule. He may be small and young, but he has great crafting and cooking abillities, and has learned to survive in the wild. He wants peace in the world, and he does his best to help others.
Other: Likes apples. He needs to repair his paraglider very often. He has great crafting and cooking abilities. Good with the bow.

Ok, @Brendan Savem and @Manu456Alola , you are accepted too.

And thanks to you too for posting in your messages about the "Calamity" stuff. I play in Spanish, and it is called "Cataclysm", so I just supposed it would be the same.
Also thanks to Brendan for telling me about the treat/trait mistake. I'll correct it immediately (it is curious that my corrector didn't notice it :?)
You can post whenever you want.

Also @Fraseandchico I'll reply when you post.(I had the intention that "the figure Raq saw" was Reize)

It depends on how close they are to the massive pile of Bokoblind and Moblins, she is a small cat and I doubt you'd see her unless you could see real far or if she saw her while attempting to sneak around, I wanted to leave it open to interpretation so I wouldn't force the rescue on anybody. But yes, she is supposed to be close to them, because I feel she needs to be introduced to someone at this point otherwise she'd be doing cat things the entire roleplay and that's boring XD

Name: Euro
Race: Rito
Appearance: A pattern of black and bright blue feathers, A bright yellow feather scarf, A scandal designed after the Princess' Devoted Knight's.
Personality: Usually isn't around Rito Village, but he's always on a hike after the calamity struck.
Special traits: His legs have some sort of flowing power that allows him to jump high into the air, he's got real good dodging skills as well as bow skills.
Inventory: Soldier's Broadsword, Soldier's Bow, Multiple Hasty elixirs, Sheikah Slate, Food, and some sort of glowing orb..
Allies/Friends: (Was) Revali
Enemies: Vah Medoh, The calamity.
Backstory: He was born in a small area around Vah Medoh, As he grew older and became great friends with Revali, the calamity struck his ball of fire whilst his parents were on Vah Medoh. He attempted to save them, but it was too late, Revali had died in the divine beast. And now he's left alone. He then became the second champion of Rito, yet he didn't receive the great eagle bow.
Other: He's got a small scar running down his eye, he's got a bandage on his left wing so he can pull back his bow better.

Last edited:
Yup, I'm giving Alix that Midna helpful jump power, however, since there is no reason for to use it, or know she can use it, I won't bring it in until later/necessary.

Name: Xander
Race: (Hylian, Zora, Rito...) Hylian
Appearance: He has black hair and blue eyes. He wears Hylian attire dyed black.
Personality: Xander is cocky,sometimes rude, but kind and trustworthy. He loves the wild, He likes to hunt, tame horses and climb.
Special traits (if any): He is skilled into hand-to-hand combat. He is a gifted survivalist and is a decent shot with his bow.
Inventory: (the stuff that you carry at this point): A knights Broadsword, a knights shield, a knight's bow, 30 regular arrows, and 15 shock arrows. Zora Armor
Allies/Friends: Syth, Prince Sidon, and Mipha
Enemies: Gorons, Guardians, and Lynels.
Backstory: Xander's Father was member of the royal guard. Approximatley a year after the fall of Link and the Divine Beasts, Xander's Father was a part of Castle town's last defense against Calamity Ganon and the Guardians. The Royal Guard were completely swept away by group of Guardians. Xander's Mother fled Castle Town to Zora's to hide. She was barley pregenant with Xander, and at Zora's Domain, she gave birth. The Zora welcomed Xander with open arms and trained him with the weapons were given to his mother. 20 years later, Xander made friends with Zora named Syth, the two bonded together on patrols of Zora's Domain. During a patrol, Syth and Xander were chased into Zora's Domain by a Lynel. The Lynel attacked several Zora and Xander's mother, killing them all. Fueled by rage, Syth and Xander battled the Lynel, driving it away. The battle lasted through the night, but the pair defeated the Lynel. Ever sense, Syth and Xander have been Zora's Domain's top troops.
Other: Apple

Name: Syth
Race: (Hylian, Zora, Rito...) Zora
Appearance: He is blue hammerhead shark wearing regal Zora attire.
Personality: Syth acts just like Xander, ever since the pair killed a lynel.
Special traits (if any): Incredible swimming, spearing and fishing skills.
Inventory: (the stuff that you carry at this point): Zora Spear
Allies/Friends: Prince Sidon, Mipha, Xander
Enemies: Lynels.
Backstory: Suth and Xander then attempted to take control of teh divine Beast Vah Ruta, along with Mipha and Sidon. The battle was tough, but in the end, mipha was killed, and Xaner, Syth and Sidon were humbled.
Other: Apple

Ok. So... Since we have completely changed the story, I propose a change of the story. This is still based on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and in the Idea of using elements of the Twilight Realm (I can assure you that I start adding some details of it during the night). We can say that in this "alternative universe of ours", Link has died instead of getting injured. What do you think?

Would it be possible for one of us to obtain the Master Sword? Also, since Xander has strong affinity to the Zora, could he possibly be the Zora champion? Or that have to strictly remain a Zora?

Those are good questions. I suppose that, eventually, someone will get the Master Sword, but I don't think that obtaining it at the beginning will be the better option.

And it would be a good idea to create a new group of champions. The problem is that we don't have representants of every important village so I can't tell you anything at this moment about that. It would depend if other persons join and it depends on the characters they create too.

Ops. I forgot.:'| I have so many things in my mind that it's inevitable to me forget things on several roleplays. So... I suggest that I can change one of my posts and do it if most of you agree.