• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Legend of Korra! (Reboot)

To sign up, click the here
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mia Stockebble was running to her average daily shift, which took place at "Yang's Noodle Bowl". She hadn't gotten any sleep at night, and cursed herself for sleeping in. She was currently late, and not wanting to get fired caused her to run like a madman. After running into a couple poles, and jumping over parked cars, she had made it to the restaurant, panting as she walked around the corner. She entered the back door, and immediately started,

"Sorry, so sorry I'm late! I overslept, and I need this job, please don' fire me!" she pleaded.

He boss turned to her, and everyone in the kitchen stopped what they were doing to turn to her. She was never late. He immediately hurried over to her and ushered her to put on her uniform.

"You're going to lose a job if you don't rush out those orders! It's a mad house in there!" he yelled.

She immediately shoved on the waitress' kimono, and headed to the counter in a flash. She held two trays, one in each hand, and was dashing around to get the orders to the right tables, many customers complaining.

Last edited:
"Man, everyone is so cranky today."

Tarrick Yiding, along with his companion Mongoose Lizard Liza, had been sitting on a table at "Yang's Noodle Bowl" and had taken note of two things. One, service seemed a bit on the slow side and two people were getting a bit too angsty over it. It was fine to complain about it, but the waitress who came in did not deserve that much of their frustration focused on her. From the looks of it, she seemed to have had a rough day as it was.

Still, Tarrick simply made a motion to try and get the waitress attention so she and Liza could make an order.

After fishing out a couple more orders, she noticed a man sitting at a table, unserved. She approached him, notepad and pen in hand. When she arrived at his table, she bowed politely.

"Welcome to Yang's Noodle Bowl, where the prices never stop dropping! There's a discount today on the special! How are you, and what would you like?" she asked, giving him a cheerful smile.

She propped up the notepad up near her chest, the tip of the pen ready to pop out at the moment the man started talking.

Tarrick smiled at the girl. All things considered, in spite of how rushed and flustered she appeared to be and the fact he had kept them waiting, she seemed nice. Something Liza picked up on as the Mongoose Lizard eyed the girl curiously.

"The special sounds good. Hard to beat a good meal at a good price. Do you also happen to have some fortune cookies or something? Liza here is a sucker for those." Tarrick said as he gave his companion a pet on the head which the Mongoose Lizard clearly appreciated.

Rika carefully counted out the change in her hand as she walked towards her father's favorite lunch spot. It had become a tradition for them to eat there once a week. Usually her father would pick up a take out meal from Yangs Noodle Bowl and meet her in the park for a picnic but this week he was too busy with work to step away. Rika decided to pick up lunch and take it to Future Industries to keep the tradition alive.

She walked in the front door and immediately had second thoughts. The place was a mad house, every seat taken, customers loudly slurping and laughing and yelling. Clattering dishes being run to and from the kitchen at a ridiculous pace. Rika wasn't sure what to do, her hands were sweating and she fumbled with the change trying not to drop it. She just stood in the doorway and looked around the sea of faces, hoping to capture the attention of someone who worked there. Rika saw someone who looked like a waitress but she was already helping another customer. That customer had a mongoose lizard and the sight of it made her tense up. Rika didn't want to be afraid, but she couldn't help it. Trying her best to stay composed, she crossed her arms, bit her cheek and waited to be noticed.

Mia immediately started scribbling down the special, in a sloppy handwriting only she would be able to interpret. When she heard the man ask for fortune cookies, she looked him in the eye, enjoying the thought of the Japanese delicacy.

"We do! They are free, but ordering more than five will add fifty yuans to your bill. How many would you like?" she anticipated.

Last edited:
Tarrick through it over as he glanced at Liza, as the Mongoose Lizard eyed him with a puppy-dog look of hers. Tarrick knew that look all too well, she wanted more than just 5 cookies and while it added an expense it wasn't that much of a hassle to his wallet and besides...deep down he knew he could not resist that look from Liza as he let out a sigh before he turned back to the waitress.

"I'll take 15. The added charge isn't a big deal." Tarrick said as he explained his addition to his order.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Taru had just finished his job at the Construction site and decided to head home and order takeout from Yang's Noodle Bowl. "Hmmm......maybe I should hit the gym before going home." Taru said as he takes out a coin and toss it into air multiple times. Taru can pass through Yang's Noodle Bowl and saw how packed it was. " hopefully they won't be this busy later today otherwise I won't know where else to have take out."

"Good! I'll be back with it soon." she assured.

Mia finished scribbling down the carefully thought out order, and she flipped her notepad closed. She bowed respectfully, and then, regaining her posture, she walked to the doors from which a lady was standing. She bowed to the lady before her politely, and curved her lips into a smile.

"Hi, welcome to Yang's Noodle Bowl! A table of one, I presume?" she asked, moving her head at an angle, only to see no one behind the lady.

Rika didn't want to dine in, but she found herself afraid of asking for food to go.
"Yes, please, miss!" She responded, "Just one."
Looking around the restaurant, it didn't seem like there were tables open. Rika wondered where the waitress would put her or if she would just have to wait a bit longer. She began to feel foolish for not doing what was originally planned and pondered if it would be rude to change her mind.
"How long is the wait? "

"Oh, we have two seats open!" Mia said with a small nod with her head.

She gestured with her hand for the woman to follow her, and she strutted over to the counter, two seats next to each other.

"Please, make yourself comfortable, and ring this bell when you're ready to order!" Mia looked to her abdomen.

She reached into the loose part of her kimono belt. She pulled out a small brass bell, and handed it to the woman by the handle. It jingled a little in the process, which seemed to cause Mia no problem. Then, with a bow, she walked back into the kitchen to set the man's order.

After being led to an open stool by the counter Rika smiled politely and accepted the bell from her waitress. The restaurant seemed hectic and she admired the waitress for keeping a spring in her step and a smile on her face with the nonstop flow of lunchtime customers. It wasn't hard to decide what to order, there was only enough change to purchase two lunch specials and leave a small tip. Not wanting to come off as over-eager, Rika waited a few minutes before ringing the bell.

She watched the staff skillfully balance hot bowls of soup on large trays, bobbing and weaving through the shifting crowd of customers coming and going. The kitchen smelled wonderfully of onions, mushrooms and noodles, the scent wafted through the restaurant and mostly covered up the stench of too many people in one room. A young boy, who must've been a busser, brought her a glass of water. Rika used water bending to lift small spheres of water from the cup, froze them, then let them plop back down into the glass, making a delightful clinking sound. Satisfied with her cool drink, she reached for the bell and shook it gently, letting off three dings.

Mia appeared from the kitchen, a tray in her hand of the man's order.

"I'll be with you in a short moment!" she said, and she wobbled to the mans booth.

She approached him and his companion, and she set the tray before him, delicately lifting his plate and drink next to him, and a separate plate of fortune cookies next to his partner.

"Enjoy! Ring this bell when needed for me to return!" she said, with a polite bow.

Mia reached back into the loose section of her kimono belt, and pulled out a bell, a silver plated one this time. Setting it on the table next to his food, she bowed again. She then reversed, and waltzed back to the woman.

"So sorry for the delay! What is it you desire?" she asked, immediately reaching into her pocket.

She pulled out the notepad, and connected to it, a pen. She pulled the pen from its resting place, and readied it for writing down the order.

"Two specials, please," Rika replied, "One for here and one to go, if it's not too much trouble."
She felt awkward ordering for herself, usually her father ordered for both of them. "Oh! You probably need this back," she said, extending her arm to return the bell, she nearly tipped her glass over.

Mia bowed to the lady politely.

"Coming up! I'll be back in an instant!" she replied.

Before leaving her presence, Mia took the bell, carefully putting the brass object back into the loose section of the kimono belt. Then, she started scribbling down the order. After writing it down, she paced into the kitchen, hollering the order to her fellow coworkers.

"Thank you!" Rika chimed, glad the interacting was short. Being around so many people without her father was more nerve wracking than she'd like to admit. Only sixteen years old and from a sheltered upbringing, she didn't have a lot of experience being independent. She sat fiddling with the skirt of her soft, blue dress, avoiding eye contact and waiting patiently for her meal.

Mia, upon having the dishes finished, carried a togo box in her left palm. In her right was a plate, and the nineteen year old stepped into the busy dining room. She rushed to her current client, as she so called it, and set down both the box and plate. The plate was filled with the special, flimsy gourmet noodles drizzled with soy sauce. There was a small leaf on the top, and a free fortune cookie on the side. Inside the box was the exact same thing, but in a smaller compartment.

"Enjoy!" she said, with a small bow.

Tarrick and Liza eyed the meal before them as Tarrick thanked the waiter before the two chowed down. Tarrick made a point to open each fortune cookie so that the actual fortune paper would not be in the meal before Liza wolfed the cookies down. Tarrick always enjoyed it when his Mongoose Partner enjoyed herself; that pleased grin and lick along Tarrick's face was all the evidence he needed of that.

Saving five or so of them for later, and after Tarrick had taken the time to enjoy his own special which tasted fantastic, Tarrick rang up the bell the waitress left for them as he was ready for a check.

Mia immediately heard the steady jingling of one of her bells, and turned, her eyes darting the room to spot the customer. She saw the male from before, bell in his hand as he waved it around delicately. She zoomed over in an instant.

"Yes?" she asked, bowing with her hands folded.

Tarrick smiled as he saw the waitress come to his table which caused him to stop ringing the bell. Liza herself seemed to like seeing the nice girl again as evident by her own smile at the girl.

"Yes, I am ready for a check. Please?" Tarrick said to the waitress.

Rika blew lightly on her noodles to cool them down before each bite. Delicious, she thought to herself, closing her eyes and savoring the salty, sweet flavor. Slurping, sighing and slurping again until the bowl was empty.

She stacked her handful of change neatly by the empty bowl, carefully picked up the take out container and made her way to the door, hoping her father hadn't already taken lunch.

Mia bowed to the gentleman politely. She immediately took out her notepad. Mia reviewed what the man had ordered before and added the prices. Then, she contemplated a small math problem to add tax to the order, and went over the total cost. Then, she showed the man his complete order, which was a total of 65.56 yuans.

"Are you able to afford that, sir?" she questioned, after pocketing his bell.

Last edited:
Tarrick scanned the bill he was given for his order, and heard the waitress' question, and smiled as he reached into his wallet. Soon enough he pulled out the exact amount of money needed to pay and handed it to Mia.

"I'm good on that, and here. A little something for you." Tarrick said with a smile as he placed a 10 dollar bill on the table as a tip. It was likely an outrageous sum of money just for a tip, but between the money lent to him from his family for his trip combined with how overworked Mia likely had been he felt she needed a little something. The least he could do he felt.

Mia looked at the money he pulled out, and carefully picked it from the table, inserting it into a small yuan holder. She slipped each yuan into her holder, and then returned her gaze to him, and upon seeing his tip, she gasped.

"Oh my, sir, I can't take this! This is awfully gracious, but it's too much! I can't accept it..." she said.

Mia held her hands in front of her, as if telling him to talk to the hand, but that was far from what she meant. She was overjoyed by his offer, but couldn't accept 63.84 yuans. It would churn her stomach, and make her disgrace herself even more than she already did.

"Oh no I insist. You had phenomenal service and I can tell you work very hard on quite the demanding job." Tarrick said, as he glanced around at the busy crowd with Mia seemingly the only waitress around before he glanced back at Mia and presented her the ten-dollar tip.

"Please take it, you deserve it and don't let anyone tell you different. I insist." Tarrick said with a smile and he made it clear he meant every word he said. Liza seemed to agree as the Mongoose Lizard gave a nod of encouragement to Mia.

Mia bowed multiple times in complete gratitude.

"Thank you, thank you!" she said.

She tried to be natural, and she scooped up the yuans. She did her best to be greed-less. Mia carefully dropped each yuan into a separate black pouch, stitched up with brown rope. She tightened the pouch closed. It used to be empty, but now it was sagging with yuans, even if it wasn't nearly enough for a home or apartment.

"No problem. Good work deserves a good reward I say." Tarrick said with a smile, before he decided to ask the girl a question. He had just arrived in town so asking a local about where the ideal place to stay was. He had no way to know the girl was without a home herself, so he pressed on oblivious to that reality.

"Say, do you know a good place to rent a room? Just got here with Liza and looking to stick around for a few days. I'll be willing to add an additional tip for any help if possible." Tarrick asked Mia.

Rika hurried to Future Industries as fast as she could. The imposing building had security guards at the entrance. She explained that she was bringing food to her father but the guards were overly suspicious.

"You don't have a pass, we can't let you...pass" said the taller guard, trying to sound official through his limited vocabulary.

"If you like, we could deliver the food on your behalf?" asked the shorter, stout guard. Rika had a feeling that if she were to hand over the food it would only end up in the guard's pudgy stomach.

"That's okay," she replied in a mousy, disappointed voice, "He can have it when he comes home..."

Rika turned away and started on the most direct route to her favorite park to feed some catowls.