• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Legacy League

"Next up is Rye!"

Rye realeased his pokemon, and they all bowed or courtesyed as there names were called.

"Meet Sylveon, Venasaur, Raichu, Umbreon, Galvantula, and Aridios!"

There was a few cheers, but nothing compared to the others.

Feeling satisfied, Rye returned his pokemon, and sat down.

Last but certainly not least was Desiree, she got up to stand in front of the crowd to show everyone her magnificent team. She pulled out 6 Poke Ball's!

"Well, here they are everyone." Desiree said as she send out all of her Pokemon one by one. "Medicham, Flygon, Feraligatr, Aromatisse, Arcanine, and Steelix." Desiree's team was powerful and gorgeous, and with her unique battling style to conquer the Hoenn Gym, Frontier, and Elite Four, in a short period of time, she's definitely not your average opponent. Her Pokemon were all so excited around the crowd, as if it was a contest, all except Steelix who was never used for one, except it was getting the most attention due to its Shiny Gold coloring. Desiree knows how her Steelix is and returned it back to its Poke Ball first as it likes to fight. Before returning the rest of her Pokemon, there was that one person who noticed Medicham wearing a jewelry, but before he was able to ask, Desiree had already returned all her Pokemon and went back to sit down.

----two days later----

"Welcome aboard the SS Legacy, one behalf of myself and all the crew we hope you enjoy your time with us" said a short slightly stout man with a short white beard "Gregario" the ships captain as 5 crew members handed each of the challengers a keycard
"We have just remodelled the ships interior and have designed a suite in honour of you all challenging the legacy league, we hope you like it"

"Thank you Gregario I'm sure that the suite is amazing" replied jake as he slipped the keycard into his jacket pocket"

The suite was huge it was situated on the same floor as the bridge but further back. The suite was split into two main areas.
The habitats: 18 type based habitats each for the Pokemon to both relax and train in with enough space to sleep 36 Pokemon comfortably.
The common space and bedrooms with a large living area along with an outdoor heated spa and individual bedrooms for each challenger, anything they could need was there

"Wow just wow, this place is amazing! Guys come have a look!" Jake yelled as he steeped out of the elevator -which went from any floor on the ship directly to their suite- and released his Pokemon
"Go on guys explore make yourselves at home"

Dakota slipped the keycard into her leather jacket's pocket. She nodded to the captain before going down the elevator. She let her pokemon out by the different habitats. She gave them a stern look while she talked. "Go explore the habitat that your type is," and with that the red-head went back to the elevator and to her room. Leaving her also, anti-social pokemon up to themselves.

Tyranitar and and Umbreon went to the dark type habitat. Both of them unsurely glanced around before wandering around. Houndoom decided to join Typhlosion in the fire type habitat. Houndoom and Typhlosion both shot a flamethrower at each other, making both the flames clash. Creating a bigger one. Ursaring wandered into the normal type habitat, looking around he huffed and laid down. Soon the large pokemon fell asleep. Amphrados made his way into the electric type habitat, he looked around and saw a battery to something. He used thunder and it hit the battery, making the lights in the habitat glow brighter.

Dakota threw her bag down next to her bed. She sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. She glanced out the window and realized how hot it will be outside. "Ugh.." she grumbled and removed her jacket, she left her black strapless top on while she changed her black jeans to ripped black shorts. She stretched out her arms and looked at her red and black bag, "Later." She mumbled before leaving her room.

Dakota looked at the other female and tipped her head. The red-head noticed that she had looked over her shoulder at....nothing. Narrowing her green eyes she eyed the other female. "I'm Dakota," she answered the trainer quietly.

Desiree received her keycard from a member of the captains crew, and was told about the Pokemon habitats and training room. Before she took her Pokemon to the habitat rooms, Desiree went to her own room first to get changed.

Desiree changed into a yellow mini skirt, with a white t-shirt on. She put on some sandals, and let her hair flow freely. Arriving back at the habitats, she let out 4 of her Pokemon, Aromatisse to Fairy, Arcanine to Fire, Feraligatr to Water, and Flygon to choose which of its 2 types it would rather go too. Keeping Medicham and Steelix in their Pokeballs.

Desiree told her companions that if they needed her for anything, she'd be in the training room with Steelix and Medicham, and after that to the deck to soak up some sun rays.

Rye realeased his Pokemon as well. His Umbreon made its way to his habitat. He saw another Umbreon, but soon lost interest when he saw the Tyranitar, who was threatening.

He shied away and ran off into the gloom. Raichu had met up with the Ampharos. Aridos, and Galvantula, were however having a web spinner contest in the bug type habitat.

Venasuar had troped off to the grass zone, and Shy little Nike, had decided to stay with him.

Jake had changed out of his usual white jacket and grey pants and instead wore a plain red t shirt and shorts as he stood in the ships huge gym bench pressing 75lbs (about 36 Kg) while his Pokemon all focused on synchronising their auras.
After a 2 hour long work out lifting weights, runing on a treadmill and pounding punching bags jake was exhausted and decided to go get some lunch ... After a shower of course

Jake walked down to a small cafe near the ships stern over looking the calm ocean views
"Hi welcome to Luvdics, what can I get you" asked a thin waitress who had arrived at jakes table
"Hi can I please get a choc fudge brownie and a weak caramel mocha" jake replied with a smile
"Sure and what room number is that?"
Asked the bubbly waitress as she entered jakes order into her poketch
"Um the challengers suite so not sure on the number through sorry" jake said with a uneasy smile
"Wait, your one of the challengers? OMG Oh My Actual God your Jake, I'm Stacy I am like your biggest fan" the girl replied
"Um thank you please have a seat" jaje replied hoping to not seem anti-social
"Grace i'm taking my lunch break now" Stacy yelled as she sat down opposite jake
"OK! But if you want to tou can take the rest of the afternoon off, it's pretty slow now" replied the older woman behind the counter
"Ok thanks grace"

While training with Steelix in the Training Room, Desiree and Steelix are putting on quite a performance with its attacks that a spectator that happened to be passing by noticed.
"Wow, that was some amazing way to combine those 2 moves." Said the mysterious trainer.
"Huh!?" Desiree, replies as she's surprised someone was watching.
"Not many trainers where I'm from that combine 2 attacks to make 1", the boy said.
"Well, its just kinda something that I'm use to doing, back in my home region of Hoenn, some trainers take on the goal of becoming Top Coordinator, and its like a show for Trainers and Pokemon to perform with grace and elegance... By the way, who are you?" Desiree asked.
"Oh my, I seem to have did barge into a conversation and didn't share my identity, my name is Damian!" He says.
"Well its nice to meet you Damian, I'm Desiree, and this of course is one of my few partner's Steelix (Steeeeeel)." Desiree tells him, as Steelix lets out an growl.
"Sounds like he likes to battle." Damian responds.
"Well, its not really friendly with people a lot, and yes it does like to battle and train... Oh, I know you're a trainer right? How about you help out with some training while you're here, it'll be lots of fun for the both of us!" Desiree offers.
"I don't know, you seem like the person who likes to perform and not battle." Damian says.
"Contest's are more than just a performance, there's battling involved too, you have to be in sync with your Pokemon, so don't tell me you're afraid to lose." She says.
Damian then responds, "Well, can't pass down a battle with a stranger now can I! I accept," as he agrees to battle.
"Awesome, now let's make it more interesting, how would you like it to be a double battle?" Desiree offers.
"Sounds like a deal!" Damian says in a confident voice, as he pulls 2 Poke Ball's that summon a Honchkrow, and Infernape.
"Nice! They look well trained, I'll be sticking with my Steelix, and his partner will be Medicham! I choose you!" Desiree says, as Medicham appears on the field.
"Let's make this a nice and clean battle." Damian stated, before they began the match.
"Agreed!" Desiree responded as they began the match.

Jake and Stacey had spent the afternoon walking along the length of the shop talking
"Wow so you really beat the Kalos league when you were 14 that's really young!" Asked stacy as she lead jake toward a large pavilion in the centre of the ship
"Yeah but it all feels so long ago, me and my pokemon have all come so far in just 3 years" Jake replied "where are we heading anyway?"
"That's for me to know and you not too" stacy replied as she walked on ahead "I'll meet you inside in few minutes i just want to get changed out of my work clothes"
"Ok see you soon" jake answered as he walked into the pavilion or should he say Pokemon stadium.
Jake slowly walked over to a wall computer and withdrew his Pokemon he knew exactly where he was and he knew exactly why he had recognised stacy she was the frontier brain of the SS Legacy aka "The battle liner"

"I'm back" stacy chimed as she returned from getting change as she now wore a Sky blue shirt and denim mini shirts with a thick leather belt with poke balls hanging from it "come on legacy boy wanna battle , come on try to beat me and my ocean trained team!"

"You can have first move!" Desiree tells Damian, as their practice battle commences.
"Ok, let's see how you like this, Infernape! Flamethrower! Honchkrow! Dark Pulse!"
Infernape lets out powerful Flamethrower attack, while Honchkrow flies up a little to shoot down a pulse of dark energy from above. Desiree not looking worried at all just stands there waiting for the attacks to get closer, and as they did she counter attacked.
"Medicham! Break that Flamethrower in half with Psycho Cut! And Steelix, use your Iron Tail to deflect that Dark Pulse."
Steelix lifts it's Iron Tail up and deflects Dark Pulse like it was nothing. While Medicham cuts straight through the middle of Flamethrower. Taking no damage from the first attacks.

"Interesting, can you do better than that?" Desiree says as she taunts Damian.
"Of course I can, just didn't think I needed to turn up the heat, but I'm not going to hold back now." Damian says as he calls out his next moves.
"Honchkrow! Use Brave Bird! Infernape! Flare Blitz! Hah! Let's see you counter that!"
"Going physical, nice change in tactics. Ok, time for a combo attack. Steelix! Sandstorm! And make it a big one."
As Steelix unleases a powerful Sandstorm attack, Desiree calls out her next move. "Medicham, now use Psychic and create a sandstorm barrier."
Medicham uses Psychic on the Sandstorm to form a barrier. Infernape, and Honchkrow ram into the barrier.
"Break through that barrier, use full power!" Damian commands to his Pokemon."
As Honchkrow and Infernape go into full power to break the barrier, Damian doesn't know that they're taking damage from the sand forming the barrier. Desiree notices that if she doesn't end the battle soon, Damian may force his Pokemon over their limits.
"Medicham, wrap the barrier around Honchkrow and Infernape now, and Steelix, hit them head on with a Sandstorm."
Medicham circles the barrier around Damian's Pokemon, and Steelix shoots out another Sandstorm attack, this time aimed to deal damage.
"No Honchkrow and Infernape! You gotta het out of there!" Damian says frantically.
"And now for the final showdown, Medicham use Psycho Cut on Infernape, a Steelix! Stone Edge on Honchkrow."
With Honchkrow and Infernape, finally being released from the barrier, they try to retreat, but it too late as Psycho Cut hits Infernape super-effectively, and Stone Edge dealing lots of damaging to Honchkrow knocking it out of the sky. The battle is now over as both of Damian's Pokemon are unable to battle.

"No way! This just cannot be. Honchkrow, Infernape! Take a nice long break...... You're good, I underestimated you. I guess being a coodinator makes you an excellent trainer. Damian tells Desiree.
"Thanks for the hard work you two." Desiree says to her Pokemon as she returns them to their Poke Balls."
"Thanks for the compliment Damian, you didn't do too bad yourself, you just need to work on team combo attacks, they really work great during a double battle. And yes being a coordinator does help a bit, contests use double battling a lot so and it's easier to train that way with trying new combo's orlearning new attacks." Desiree replies.
"Ah! And your Steelix, it's gold coloring is amazing." Damian says.
"Thanks, Steelix was caught when I traveled to Iron Island in the Sinnoh Region. It put up a tough battle against my Medicham, and in the end we finally beat it. And before I left the Island, that same Steelix appeared again to join me on my travels, I knew exactly what it wanted when it joined and that was to battle, so when I got back to Hoenn, it's the Pokemon that inspired to take on the Gym Challenge." Desiree explained.
"But how about we go somewhere else to finish our conversation, I'm sure our Pokemon could use some rest, maybe we can look for a Nurse on board." Desiree suggests.
"Sure that'd be a swell idea." Damian says as they both leave the training room, and head down the hall.

((OOC: SO SORRY for going inactive out of no where guys. I just got back home from Florida from a week-long competition with my entire youth group I'm back though. ))

--

Meanwhile in Platinums room, the light blonde boy slept. He was already pretty tired at the start of the day, so after a short tour around the main parts of the ship, he slept. All 6 of the boy's Pokemon laid on the ground, sprawled around his bed.

The Pokemon had not shown much interest in the habitats, as they were used to that kind of treatment before.

((OOC Hope you guys dont mind but i think we should actually start the story to the first gym))

"All pasengers please prepare to begin disembarking" said a voice coming from the ships pa "all passengers with cabins on decks 1, 3, 6, 9, 15 and 16 you may now begin disembarking"

"We'll thats us guys" jake said as he return his Pokemon and loaded them into his genepack (genesect like backpack) "We still have an hour before we have to be off the ship wanna go grab some breakfast?" Asked jake to the other four challengers "the breakfast burgers from luvdiscs are amazing"

Desiree and Damian had a nice short conversation, before she was to head back to her room for a little rest. After leaving Damian, Desiree headed to retrieve the rest of her Pokemon from the habitats. Now back in her room, Desiree has fallen asleep for the night.

The next morning there was an announcement on the PA. "So we're finally here." Desiree stated. She grabbed her purse and then bag to get ready to leave. Before they were to head out and off the ship, Jake asked if they should grab breakfast first. "Sure, that sounds like a plan." Desiree responded with.

"Morning Stacey can we please get five breakfast burgers to go" jake said as the group of trainers entered the small cafe
"Of course would you guys like any drinks with that?" Asked the slime waitress
"Sure why not can I please get my usual coffee and guys what do you want?" Jake replied turning to ask the other trainers