• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Last Stand (Discussion)

Well, I never dropped New Beginnings, my characters just aren’t getting much attention. As for this one, I am trying as hard as possible to keep this one 100% alive.

Name: Levi Crowell
Appearance: Chestnut brown wild hair, emerald green eyes, sun kissed skin, semi-athletic build. Black jacket, white undershirt, faded dark blue jeans, black shoes with white trim. Leather necklace tucked underneath T-shirt.
Personality: Was once one of the brightest and optimistic trainers out there, but the effects of ravaged regions and so much hate has drained the mans tolerance. He has little patience for most, but has a soft spot for those in need. Holds a glimmer of his previous optimism that he wouldn't dare let show in this new rough Pokémon world.
Skills: Tactician, survivalist, minor medical knowledge in both areas of people and Pokémon, high endurance, high pain tolerance, experienced street fighter.
Likes: Spicy food, swimming, the night sky, up and coming trainers.
Dislikes: Seafood, heights, obvious arrogance.
Past Achievements: Was the co-champion of Kanto alongside his rival and friend, Darrius, for a short time.
Defeated one elite 4 member in Hoenn, three in Sinnoh, and two in Unova before its destruction.
Received a mega stone from Mr. Stone for retrieving a stolen delivery of the rare gems from Team Jetstream, a small formation of old Team Rocket members attempting to rebuild an empire.
Challenged champion Steven, but ultimately lost to his Mega-Metagross.
Received a blastonite from Mr. Fuji shortly after as a token for being close friends for most of Levi's life. Fuji hints at his involvement with mega evolution.
Ties with Champion Steven in rematch.
Partner: Cronus the Blastoise<Mega Blastoise
Pokémon: Knox the Zangoose, Orion the Metagross, Gunter the Darmanitan
Weapon: Carries a variety of impact bombs with various effects such as smoke, pepper gas, and even minor explosives.
Family: Marik Crowell/Older Brother (status unknown), Mr&Mrs. Crowell/ Parents (deceased)
Goals: Restore the world to its former self with the help of the next generation.
Other: Oof, if I need to prove my mega evolution acceptance, I can send in the pm where Stellar confirmed it.

All items and achievements in this oc sheet have been obtained in rps. Mostly Kanto and Johto Journeys by Ry_Burst.

Last edited:
@Mystic Zander accepted, just make sure the Mega Evolution isn’t abused too much. Kaleb’s Mega Charizard X is kinda his last resort effort, to leave the strongest for last, so his Mega gets little action. What I’m basically saying is don’t use the Mega in every single battle as your first Pokémon and sweep your opponent every time.

@Mystic Zander accepted, just make sure the Mega Evolution isn’t abused too much. Kaleb’s Mega Charizard X is kinda his last resort effort, to leave the strongest for last, so his Mega gets little action. What I’m basically saying is don’t use the Mega in every single battle as your first Pokémon and sweep your opponent every time.

Thanks, and not the plan, lol. I prefer a more....cinematic approach to battling. Cronus is usually a last resort and even then Mega Evolution isn't likely. Cronus becomes aggressive and a bit to arrogant when in his mega form, so it can end badly on occasion.

Besides, I don't need my mega to be the best there ever was. ;)

Hi, I'm back after a long time. Mind if I join this RP?

Name: Daniel de Luca
Appearance: 1.76m athletic, short blonde hair and dark blue eyes. Wears khaki militias pants, olive military jacket and a shemagh scarf around his neck. Carries a canvas rucksack.
Personality: Daniel is a maverick, often tries to avoid any kind of help to prove that he is capable of doing it himself. He tries to show that he's the leader but knows when to stop. Stays calm in critical situations and is always ready to offer help.
Skills: Basic survival (can distill water, prepare food), lockpicking, stealth
Likes: OOF, drones, crafting things out of primitive materials, cooking,
Dislikes: Spells and other magic things
Past Achievements: Won many sport tournaments and clay pigeon shooting contests.
Partner: Pidgeot
Pokémon: Pidgeot, Skarmory, Swellow
Weapon: M4 with an ACOG and a flashlight attachment that temporarily blinds the enemy, with 1800lm, a silenced pistol and a combat knife
Family: Eliza (mother), Rico (father) and Aria (sister). Their current status is unknown
Goals: To find his family and survive
Other: Used to study robotics

I WAS DEAD, BUT I HAVE RISEN.

OOF.

@StormingCobra55
I noticed there was no longer any activity in New Beginnings, so I think I'll take Collax over here. I would like to ask, though. I know that most roleplays allow the whole "more than four moves" thing, as Pokémon can learn moves like humans learn techniques in martial arts. But I am still wondering about the team limit. Are trainers, in this Roleplay situation (given the state of the world) still required to be limited to six Pokémon? It's understandable if it is, as to keep players balanced, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have trouble trying to limit myself down to six Pokémon. There is a lot of potential in having a larger team, quite a few potential drawbacks, but I still feel like I should be asking this.

In the meantime:

Yeet.

Name: Collax Edgerigo [khol-axe edge-reego]

Appearance: Hasn’t changed a bit since New Beginnings. A decent-looking teen who stands at about 5’6”, as to say, not very tall. He wears a deep green-brown coat over a blueish shirt, a pair of very average-looking jeans, thick-soled boots, and, often, a greyish trilby hat on his head. His face is dotted with pale freckles, though it is often shaded by his hat and his brown, neck-length hair.

Personality: Collax is a kid who has a tendency to tie himself into situations that he didn’t start nor is he capable of dealing with. Often considered clumsy and slightly narcissistic, Collax actually only ever wants the best for others. Though he doesn’t quickly show his support for people, he’s usually there to help with others when they feel defeated or generally just bad. He doesn’t often accept the same kind of support from others, though, and prefers to deal with his own problems by himself, even if he obviously can’t. Aside from these traits, Collax has a seemingly split personality, as in some situations he would be energetic and very passive about tough situations, yet in others he would be notably withdrawn and sensitive. His personality at the time usually depends on who he’s in the company of.

Skills: Bouldering/exploration, fishing, proficiency in Pokemon training, moderate skill in martial arts

Likes: Collax is partial to nature, specifically tropical forests and beachsides. He loves the outdoors, despite his winter-esque clothing, and will often go trekking out into the unknown with little regard for personal safety. Which leads to obvious problems. He also enjoys delicacies of any kind, and will take any chance he gets to be the first in line for food. Other than these, Collax enjoys fishing, bouldering, generally breaking things, and conversation.

Dislikes: Collax is one of those people who often hates standing still, but also loves the peace and quiet at times. A mixture of sluggish and outgoing, Collax will do everything he can to avoid boredom, and has a constant problem with landscape that isn’t vibrantly green or inviting. He also seems to hate Pinap berries (for whatever reason), avoids drama/romance, and shows very distinct hatred of injustice.

Past Achievements: Has survived on an abandoned island region, as well as most of his youth in Alola’s Lush Jungle. Has since continued to survive in multiple fashions of hiding, and built up a decently powerful team for fighting.

Partner: Barkley, now a Trevenant. I’m not doing that whole “never evolve” thing Pikachu does in the anime.
-Barkley and Collax have been together for years upon years. They know each other inside and out, have learned to read each other’s intentions, and understand each other with little difficulty. They have the same goals and thought processes, so what is said about Collax in this character sheet can also be said about Barkley.

Pokémon: Barkley (Trevenant), Scrat (Drapion), Lan (Malamar), Duke (Ledian), Majia (Mismagius), Viola (Volcarona)

Weapon: A sturdy, sharp, hefty machete. He's capable of swinging it with dangerous power and precision. He also has a flare gun, but it's not really as useful as a weapon.

Family: Father (deceased), Mother (Unknown location), Cousin (Unknown location)

Goals: Survive, help others, and just be a good guy in general.

-Collax knows the state of the world well, and he knows how desperate life is for many. The way he acts, however, may seem ignorant and blissful, but he is plenty aware of the suffering of the world as well as the difficulty he and everyone else is facing. Despite this, he does his best to keep a positive outlook on every situation he’s in. With the help of his Pokemon, he has yet to be torn down. Collax tries his hardest to pass on this optimism to others.

-Collax only spent a year in Lasryn, but that year definitely changed his perspective on some things. He is no longer as reckless or impulsive, taking the time to consider his actions before making them. He also tends to be more creative with his battle strategies, (thanks to experience with Madison), but he remains as good-hearted as he was before. Many of his Pokémon joined him after they experienced some time with him; he never caught them without their consent. Thus, each Pokémon is loyal to him and under his deep care and protection.

-Barkley, Scrat, and Lan were all the initial team Collax had on Lasryn, Barkley having grown up with him on Akala, Scrat being found alone in the jungle, and Lan having lost his trainer in an accident. All three have evolved and become his closest friends, and Collax will do whatever it takes to protect them. They have the same feelings to him.

-Duke the Ledian is what some may consider a “tryhard”. Statistically outmatched, he tries harder than ever to outdo those on Collax’s team, but he’s just as dependable as they are. Faster than anyone else in the air, small as to avoid being hit, and trained with a number of punching attacks, he makes do with his four arms better than anyone would expect the naturally weak Pokémon to.

-Majia and Viola were found together in a pyramid that was hidden away in Lasryn, both in their previous evolutions. The Misdreavus and Larvesta had been taking cover from the outside in the pyramid, gotten lost, and begun to lose hope of escaping when Collax came across them. He didn’t catch them, but they followed with him and eventually joined his team, like Scrat and Lan had. They have both become excellent at keeping fresh battle techniques flowing, as Majia is a techy fighter who loves playing at range with fancy, confusing tactics, while Viola is an aggressive dancer who uses flowing movements in combination with malleable attacks to be nearly unavoidable. Collax learned much of his creative battle style from them.

Last edited:
@Zixal accepted. We won’t be limited to four moves, but six Pokémon in a team will stay as the limit to keep it balanced. Also, New Beginnings is just low on activity because it was finals week. I will work on a post there soon.

Fair enough. Could I bother you all for a laydown of the situations IRP at the moment? I've read through a few times, and can't seem to put together a good picture of what's going on.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
So everyone was at the Centipede base and Phantom got a USB on their information. Sam, Leaf, and Justice are at their own base, waiting for everyone else to come back. (Well Justice isn’t really waiting for anyone, he doesn’t know any of the other characters)

Thanks, but that's not quite what I'm asking. I wasn't present for whatever precursor RP there was for this (The Convergence), which I assume explains a bit about this roleplay, so I honestly don't understand what's quite going on. What is the "Centipede Base", what is the state of the world around them, and where (in some general sense of the Pokemon world) is this taking place?

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Well, I wasn’t apart of The Convergence RP either. BUT I accidentally mixed up some Role Plays, sorry. I think I’m in too many RPs... The Centipede Base is apart of another RP (The End RP), but Justice, Aura and Jaz are riding Drayco to the place where JC and Kaleb were fighting. Though Kaleb has left the fight to go to the Unova Region.

Last edited:
That doesn't quite answer my question as to what the Centipede Base is. What I need to know is what the world looks like and where it would be safe for me to start Roleplaying, because I don't know what the world looks like right now.

The Centipede Base is not part of this RP.

Kaleb was captured by a man named Zahid who asked him to destroy a certain cube-like object that corrupts the mind. Zahid killed Jason earlier in the RP. Kaleb killed Zahid in anger before attempting to destroy the cube, only for it to take him as host. Anthony is attempting to recruit people to free Kaleb while Brandon, JC, Aura, Justice, Bellamy, Jaz, and Alec are attempting to snap Kaleb out of the trance. So far, Anthony has recruited Qin, Quilla, and Lionel.

In that case, would it be a good idea for me to start close to wherever Anthony is? I still don't quite know where in the world the RP is technically taking place. Is it in a city, a forest? Mountains? What region, specifically. And where Anthony is, so I might be able to start near to him.

Well, just have Collax start at his home. Anthony is about to teleport there anyways. Collax still lives in the Lush Jungle, right?

Currently, JC’s group is in Sinnoh, but I don’t know where JC went exactly. Kaleb is in the desolated region of Unova.

Last edited by a moderator:
Collax spent so much time in the Lush Jungle of Akala, that he might as well have lived there. It makes sense that he'd be hiding out there given the circumstances. That sounds good to me. I'll just have him and his team out and about in there.

Collax is the kind of trainer who keeps all his Pokemon out almost all the time. The only time he keeps his Pokemon in their balls is when they're severely injured, resting, or they need to keep a low profile. But given that this is the Lush Jungle, and Collax feels perfectly safe while in it, his team would be out and venturing around with him. Probably to help him.

Also, Kaleb was flying above Kanto. The illusion of him was in Sinnoh. I was planning on a face-off between him and someone else in Kanto to help introduce a new character.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
I was ment to add that the Survivors had lent him a Salamance for his flying needs. He used this to get from region to region.

@LunarSilvally Kaleb attacking Kanto is supposed to set up a duel between him and someone else’s character to introduce them to the storyline.

Also, I forgot to mention that the cube’s effect gets rid of harmful things such as infections or sedatives, so that’s why Kaleb was unaffected.

Yeah I'm having a big problem with
1. How easily people are just bouncing around regions like there 1 mile in diameter. It would take you hours, even on most high speed pokemon
2. People are autoing small actions in nearly every post
3. It doesn't seem like anyone acknowledges each others actions unless it involves an attack

This is supposed to be a collaborative story, not a competition to see who can be the most ridiculous

Edit: Even after this message, several clumsy posts containing autoing have been made. If this continues, I may be forced to drop the rp before I've begun. Which I don't want as I enjoy the concept quite a lot.

Last edited:
Well, he should probably head to Sinnoh if he were to try and help the others. Probably would’ve heard about the battle in Sinnoh on the news and head to that location.